AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-08, 20:49   Link #1
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
ITS BACK AND BETTER THEN EVER KABOW! UNOFFICIAL Leecher/Animefreak questionaire!

NEW: updated leecher/anime addict questionaire(now with editorials and scoring system ^_^) By the way I never said I scored perfect on this quiz so don't give me a bad time about my spelling and grammer =P. In honor of pissing of Soldats administrator whybee with more bittorrent questions, I have decided to create a leecher/anime addict quiz! I created this quiz mainly as guidelines for myself but would like to share my train of thought with everyone else out there. Are you a leecher? Do you really want to know? Are you afraid to find out? Think about these questions the next time you have the urge to get an anime that hasn't been subbed yet/torrented. I'd also like to give a big thank you to animesuki and all the hardworking fansubbers out there for distribution of such great work!

1. How Much anime do you purchase on average?
(A) one a day(or more gasp...)
(B) one a week
(C) One a month
(D) one everyother month or so
(E) Wha..purchase..and anime...used in the same sentence? Whoa it like boggles the mind. I stole a new harddrive...that can hold lots of anime ^_^

2. Do you download an excessive amount of anime on a daily basis?
(A) NO SUCH THING AS EXCESSIVE
(B) well i like to grab the ocassional thing if i hear its good or feel like trying something new.
(C) I don't watch anime. What this isn't the National Rifles association offical forum?

3. Do you suffer anime withdrawal if not currently on at least one series?
(A) AHH I CAN't STOP TO READ THIS I MUST GET BACK TO NARUTO!
(B) Anime wha?

4. How much time do you spend watching anime on average a day(in hours).
(A)0-1(or less)
(B)2-4
(C)5-7
(D)ANIME IS MY LIFE!AHHH MY EYES! THEY ARE BLOODSHOT! And the only muscles strong in my body are in my arm which I use to move my mouse to open the .avi file. Oh that and to jerk off...

5. Do you leave your bittorrents up after they are complete for a duration of over the x amount of time it took you to complete yours(regardless of your bandwidth)?
(A)Of course I have a soul
(B)NEHAHAHAHA GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE

6. Have you ever reseeded a torrent in the requests site or if there is no one hosting a popular torrent?
(A)Definitely I check the reseeding forums often and skim though to see what needs to be reseeded and If I have it then i share immediately
(B)Meh sometimes If I have the space
(C)PSSSHHH yeah right! Its every man, women, child, and baby for themselves in a battle royal slugfest! (begins knawing on babies leg)

7. Are you aware of the amount of time that it takes to create a fansub(and anime) and do you respect this?
(A)God Bless them. Every one(yes even anime junkies)
(B)Whens the next episode of ___ coming out?

8. Have you asked an administrator, member or overall thread when is the next ___ coming out, approached it with a whinny tone and then followed up their response with a FUCK YOU BITCH?
(A) Damn straight the world is ment to serve ME
(B) How can you even suggest such a thing

9.Do you read and follow the rules on the forums.
(A) Of course I follow it like the bible
(B) I read it but seeing how 99.99% of it is common sense I don't feel the need to reread it
(C) NO hablo ingles

10. Do you check your proper grammer and overall formality when addressing someone you've never actually met?
(A) mi typn skilz r l33t biatch!
(B) Sometimes I leave out stuff but I try to keep an eye on it.
(C) EVERY WORD IS CHECK CHECK CHECK! Dictionary in hand! And I only use words that are at least 3 syliables long

11. Have you ever posted appreciation for anime recieved?
(A) of course all the time
(B) No but after reading this now I feel bad and thing I will.
(C) Appreciation? APpRECIATE THIS BIATCH <!>{^;^}<!>

12. Have you ever cut an active connection to your shared folders because it would inconvience you in some way or another or just feel like turning the computer off...while using excuses like well it would take them another 3 hours to finnish downloading and I don't want to leave the computer on.
(A) Never not ever
(B) Sadly yes but I try not to and feel bad when I do
(C) Nope never...BECAUSE I NEVER SHARE MUHAHAHAHA

13. Have you ever helped sub, rip, encode, time, translate or serve and distribute anime?
(A) Yes and it is alot of work
(B) NO but I can only imagine how much work it takes and how the people are all poor malnourished college students(living off of instant ramen and rice)
(C) What are you talking about??? They poop them out of their ass so I don't have to. "When is the next ___ coming out?"

Please remember that while many ISPs may not support creating servers....there are plenty of ways to help out. And even if you really don't..a simple thank you and politeness can go a long ways.
You know what the "corrrect" answers to these questions are and where you place yourself as a leecher. If you don't then you're a lost cause. If you have answered a considerable amount of these "incorrectly" then please remember these questions and use them as a "guideline" for future postings in forum reguarding topics like. "when is ___ coming out"

1.(A) +5
(B) +2
(C) +1
(D) +0.5
(E) -2

2.(A) +1
(B) +2
(C) IF you answered this, just leave NOW

3.(A) +2
(B) 0

4.(A) +0.5
(B) +1
(C) +2
(D) +10 (Although You offically have no life)

5.(A) +2
(B) -2

6.(A) +2
(B) +0.5
(C) -2

7.(A) +1
(B) -2

8.(A) -5
(B) +1

9.(A) +2
(B) -1
(C) -2

10.(A) -2
(B) +1
(C) +2

11.(A) -2
(B) +1
(C) -2

12.(A) +5
(B) +1
(C) -2

13.(A) +2
(B) +0.5
(C) -2
IF You scored higher on this quiz(note scoring higher doesn't necessarily mean better but it does mean that you are an extremely considerate anime freak ^_^ I guess if thats what you'd call better then go for it) :

Score 40 Congratulations! You are mother teresas personal assistant. You are as kind as you are generous. Birds like to fly on your shoulders and sing beautiful melodies in your ears. El Saint! NUMERO UNO!
Or You own every goddamn copy of dragon ball z on laser disc and dress up in the styling cosplay of bright orange naruto. Now go get a life you otaku freak! COSPLAYOMATIC

Score 21-39 Overall you're a pretty hardcore anime freak and or generous person. Although anime has consumed most aspects of your life.. Maybe its time to go out and see Mr. sun(or Mr. Prozac) Award for most likely needs a shower.

Score 11-20 The sheep. You are the lemming of anime! Don't let those hardcore freaks push you in any general direction you are a ticking time bomb that might just go off. Most likely to go out on a ramapage and slaughter hundreds of people award.

Score -4 to 10 Well you're really not much of anything...neither here nor there. Maybe you have something else on your mind. Or you're too poor to actually go out and purchase a computer/rent/buy anime. You are hereby given the Cardboard box award(Go fish it out of the nearest dumpster)

Score -5 to-20 Damn you are either one selfish sob or you do not like anime. Either way you should be burned in hell at the next salim witch hunts. We're too cheap to give you an award.

Score -20+ Congratulations You offically have no soul. You're a cheap bastard, you are selfish. And more importantly You are not an anime fan...SO WHY ARE YOU HERE!?! Gubber award

Score #3.. I am retiring this number because...Most likely to go out and make your own anime quiz award

Last edited by luckme10; 2003-12-10 at 00:12.
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 20:59   Link #2
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

You bastard you have the Hajime no ippo gif i wanted!
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 21:09   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

"Official"? Did the moderators really give this approval?
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 21:10   Link #4
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
"Official"? Did the moderators really give this approval?
well its the official one until someone else makes another one isn't it?

Edit by Mod (xris)
Or until a Mod comes along and edits the subject line.

Last edited by xris; 2003-12-09 at 06:32. Reason: Official, like heck :)
Old 2003-12-08, 21:25   Link #5
wnkryo
HainShodan

I scored a -21....
Old 2003-12-08, 21:29   Link #6
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I scored a -21....
well it might not be entirely accurate..... i'm not saying i have esp or anything just something fun i put together
Old 2003-12-09, 07:47   Link #7
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i scored -10.5

just a few notes if u dont mind regarding some questions i am not arguing i just want to clear some points feel free to correct me.

1- not all anime fans have access for the american licensed anime in some contries animes r not just butchered by censorship and altering the episode also they alter names of character and a lot of other things

2- in some other countries internet service cost as much as 200 $ or more which is for an adsl only with limited upload rate

3- not all ppl know a lot about japanese language, encoding and timing

just a few points i wanted to say about the quistions
Old 2003-12-09, 19:02   Link #8
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i scored -10.5

just a few notes if u dont mind regarding some questions i am not arguing i just want to clear some points feel free to correct me.

1- not all anime fans have access for the american licensed anime in some contries animes r not just butchered by censorship and altering the episode also they alter names of character and a lot of other things

2- in some other countries internet service cost as much as 200 $ or more which is for an adsl only with limited upload rate

3- not all ppl know a lot about japanese language, encoding and timing

just a few points i wanted to say about the quistions
Hey i'm not saying those are the only ways to contribute. I"m just saying to give it some thought. As for the encoding and timing... its not that differcult to learn check out http://www.doom9.org/ for wonderful tutorials. As for the scoring system LOL yeah i probably need to make some modifications to it. I didn't score toohot myself. As for the the first option... thats what online stores are for. When there's a will, there's a way.

On another note: aha! I see those administrators have changed my title editing out the "offical" well then...I guess i must make it the UNOFFICIAL QUESTIONAIRE!
Old 2003-12-09, 21:16   Link #9
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I scored a 3, and I translate my own fansubs.

I'm making my own test.
Old 2003-12-09, 22:34   Link #10
luckme10
Just call me G

It has come to my attention that not everyone appreciates the true beauty of my editorial remarks and quiz results.. therefore I am posting the old quiz as an alternate to all those people lacking my style when it comes to sense of humor...
http://conversion.animesuki.com/Bur...ilightuser=3478
P.S I lightened the heafty toll that it got when you answered a question as my utterly sarcastic tone... its now -2 instead of -5.... and I also redid the results... can't be too fun with everyone getting negative results now can it. After all I know you people are just dieing to get the you're a sheep award.

yeah i guess but that doesn't really reflect on my question... it was ment to be a yes or no type question...sort of a take or leave it. Sometimes, you just have to accept the good with the bad.. I'm sorry, but noone ever said the questions had to be easy =) and just because you may not like either answer doesn't mean its stupid.. that's called anthropomorphism

Last edited by luckme10; 2003-12-09 at 22:52.
Old 2003-12-09, 22:43   Link #11
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Question 7 still reads

7. Are you aware of the amount of time that it takes to create a fansub(and anime) and do you respect this?
(A)God Bless them. Every one(yes even anime junkies)
(B)Whens the next episode of ___ coming out?

which is a division between stupid and more stupid. I suggest a middle option at least.
Old 2003-12-09, 23:53   Link #12
Arngrim
Fear my grin.

Send a message via MSN to Arngrim
I scored 18,5. And I've got a crap adsl with limited upload. Plus anime is hard to find where I live. So I'm fine with my score.
Should have been more options for some of the questions though. The world isn't black and white.
Arngrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 22:29   Link #13
luckme10
Just call me G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
You bastard you have the Hajime no ippo gif i wanted!
I was thinking of switching over to an azumanga diaoh gif or maybe i'll make another ippo one.. let me know if you still want this gif