AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 19:22   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
What about going online via public, free wi-fi at places like Starbucks?
Darn, you've foiled their plans... and don't forget the courts have ruled in many jurisdictions that your Internet Protocol address does not automatically equal *you*.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:03   Link #162
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Of course the MAFIAA is going to make legislation to change that.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 00:18   Link #163
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
What about going online via public, free wi-fi at places like Starbucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Darn, you've foiled their plans... and don't forget the courts have ruled in many jurisdictions that your Internet Protocol address does not automatically equal *you*.
This is pretty much where I get any fansubs that are "dangerous" or on BayTSP's list. How are they going to identify me? I'm on an open, unsecured wireless network and it's easy-peasy to spoof your wifi radio's MAC address.
Old 2012-01-26, 13:55   Link #164
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Mittwoch
Have you heard about ACTA?

Guys, I don't know if you've heard about the European version of SOPA, ACTA, its Big Brother. And if passed in May, it's going to affect the entire world since it will be approved as an International Law. It looks alright, but if you take a deeper look at it, it seriously restricts freedom of information even worse than SOPA could.

I will post some links towards some more information later. If you know about it and want to help against it, here's a link:

http://www.stopp-acta.info/english/g...+involved.html

Imagine, we won't even be able to talk about anime, or movies or books. No more fan-fiction. No more fandom RPGs or no more artwork. Pictures with copyrighted objects in it, let's say a bottle of Coke, could take you to jail or some serious fines.
Old 2012-01-26, 14:04   Link #165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's been brought up in the SOPA threads.
Old 2012-01-26, 14:10   Link #166
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

Yes, but I think it deserves its own thread since I'm not going to read every post in that huge thread, and I don't think I'm the only one. I've read enough about SOPA, that is basically dead.

In New Zealand this has already been voted and is up and working.

The European Parliament is on call for it in May, after today most European countries have voted their support for it.
Old 2012-01-26, 15:16   Link #167
Solafighter
Hige

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1966...explained.html
^Video about ACTA.
Old 2012-01-26, 19:05   Link #168
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It's now that we must all act against this scandalous thing :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrature
Paris, January 26th 2011 – Today in Tokyo, the EU and 22 of its Member States officially signed ACTA1, the anti-counterfeiting trade agreement. The worldwide citizen movement initiated against SOPA and PIPA must now focus on defeating their global counterpart ACTA in the European Parliament.

A few days after the online protests against the anti-sharing bills SOPA and PIPA in the United States, today's signing ceremony of ACTA is the symbol of the circumvention of democracy to impose policies that hurt freedom of communication and innovation worldwide. However, this highly symbolic signature is not the end of the road.
http://www.laquadrature.net/en/acta-...at-it-together
Old 2012-01-26, 20:20   Link #169
Leidolfr

ACTA: The new threat to the net

As concerned global citizens, we call on you to stand for a free and open Internet and reject the ratification of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), which would destroy it. The Internet is a crucial tool for people around the world to exchange ideas and promote democracy. We urge you to show true global leadership and protect our rights.

Here you get the link: http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet/?fp

Stop Act, internet free, save internet .
Leidolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:24   Link #170
Xellos-_^
Married

if this keeps up the last free country will be china
Old 2012-01-26, 20:28   Link #171
Masuzu
« 勝利のため »
*Author

^ Oh the irony.
Old 2012-01-26, 20:36   Link #172
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Seems the "business class" wants another try to increase their control all over the world.... Their attempt failed in the US, now they're trying to pursue Europe...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:56   Link #173
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I'm already starting to organize a counter force against Filipino Sopa. Can I ask for reinforcement from the Filipinos here? Please help spread awareness.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 20:59   Link #174
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Seems the "business class" wants another try to increase their control all over the world.... Their attempt failed in the US, now they're trying to pursue Europe...
It may not be popular to say this, but I don't think that "the business class" is trying to control the world. Digital piracy isn't the problem that groups like the MPAA or RIAA make it out to be, but the fact is that counterfeiting and digital piracy do occur, and they represent a real problem. People's works are being ripped off and used, and they're not being compensated for it. It's a violation of the work and effort that the original creators put in.

I don't blame any of them for trying to find ways to stop counterfeiting or piracy. The trouble is that it's very difficult to do; impossible, perhaps. The series of proposed laws that we've seen were too far-reaching and had implications for other areas of society.

To be clear, I do not support these laws in the slightest. However, I have sympathy for the people standing on the other side, who push for these laws because they want protection and fair compensation for their works. I don't think it's as simple as saying that they're evil and out to control the world.
Old 2012-01-26, 21:16   Link #175
flying ^

NFL NBA jersey makers, Coach and Michael Kors exotic handbags, Sennheiser, Monster (with their BEATS by Dr. Dre lineup) and AKG headphones (like the one Mio wore in K-on) are really counting on TPP and ACTA to stop rampant piracy of their goods.

... and let's not forget the major rightsholders of anime/manga, they're down for ACTA & TPP in their hearts and minds too.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 21:57   Link #176
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
I'm already starting to organize a counter force against Filipino Sopa. Can I ask for reinforcement from the Filipinos here? Please help spread awareness.
We have no Pirate party back home right?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 21:58   Link #177
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

I don't think it's as much an anti-piracy act as it is an act of trying to control the Internet worldwide. Let's face it, some of these governments that are supporting ACTA have no idea what they're getting themselves into and what they're actually supporting.

It might not lead anywhere, and maybe they're just trying to scare off sites such as megaupload that are being filed suites and their owners are up for loads of time behind bars. But just in case, we should let the governments know that we are not be afraid of them, but they should be afraid of us.

If this is going to pass, let's be serious, no money's going to start pouring in for the musicians, artists and movie makers. How much of the Internet publicity and fandom is selling the products anyway?

If it weren't for the Internet, would you have ever heard about manga or anime? Or a lot of movies and musicians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Xg_C2YmG0 -> check this out
Old 2012-01-26, 22:10   Link #178
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
We have no Pirate party back home right?
Nope we don't. I wish we do though.
Old 2012-01-26, 22:28   Link #179
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

Proof that this isn't about piracy, the most richest companies in the US actually started and sponsored it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS5r...eature=related watch this.
Old 2012-01-26, 22:47   Link #180
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittwoch View Post
Proof that this isn't about piracy, the most richest companies in the US actually started and sponsored it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzS5r...eature=related watch this.
We already know that. We also know that SOPA, PIPA and ACTA, if passed, the whole blogosphere and free net will be history. And the disguised totalitarian aims of the privileged few through the power of the US as a global power will come out on top.

Kinda pisses you off doesn't it.

Tags
blacklist, coica, government, internet, petition