AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-27, 20:59   Link #101
Texas84
よろしく
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia USA
Best episode by far. It gets a 10 just because of all the Tsugumi time. Someone please make a figure with schoolgirl outfit.
Texas84 is offline  
Old 2012-01-27, 21:19   Link #102
Allium
BRE@TH//LESS
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The pale blue dot...
All these "Shuhrer" jokes...

Anyway, this ep was slightly better than the previous one. The students' reactions towards Arisa clearly showed the panic and distress within the school. Seeing badass Shu was particularly refreshing, but, Voids aside, will he be capable enough to lead the entire student body?

Speaking of Voids, that Genomic Resonance Gauge seemed random and out-of-nowhere. I like Tsugumi's Void, it could come in handy. I'm not with Yahiro's Void-ranking system as well; the Voids should be used depending on the situation, not the power.

Inori came off as eerie this episode, especially during her confrontation with the students. Though I know she can kill in cold blood, I didn't expect her to actually shoot them and what's more, lie to Shuu about it. The scene made her look more robotic than human, and I wonder if that's foreshadowing something...

Overall, 8/10.
Allium is online now  
Old 2012-01-27, 21:31   Link #103
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
When shu say "What Gai would do at time like this" what comes to my head was "What lellouch would do at time like this" , I mean with that variant of void there would be vast possibility, and they are going to rebel anyway, I did see some similarities.

I see Yahiro will become a more like strategic guy for me, he create Void rank system which I realized, It's shown a the first OP.

As for President Council stuff, I think being the leader is not always must have a power or even have good strategy, but able to choose what best for his/her people, and I think Arisa has that parameter. So there is no point for Shu to be the leader now.

Overall interesting EP 8/10.
n120cky is offline  
Old 2012-01-27, 22:12   Link #104
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Am I the only one who finds it funny how unusually sane Daryl is now compared to the first half of the series?
Shadow5YA is offline  
Old 2012-01-27, 22:31   Link #105
hyl
sneaking like a cat
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Am I the only one who finds it funny how unusually sane Daryl is now compared to the first half of the series?
Well he did litterly kill the problems that was plaguing him a few episodes ago.
hyl is offline  
Old 2012-01-27, 22:33   Link #106
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Well he did litterly kill the problems that was plaguing him a few episodes ago.
Pretty much this.

"Daryl solves his problems with an endlave, and he never has the same problem twice."
ThereminVox is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 02:44   Link #107
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Shu is not yet ready to bear Inori's cruelness
So all the guys gone for the girls, f****** b******* When I saw Inori in the corner I started calling "someone .. kill'em all!! Shu, where the h*** are you??" And I was a bit disappointed they cut the scene, I wanted to see Inori beat them up. I don't know if she lied b/c she knew it was something bad or b/c it was something unimportant.
And then again with Ayase. Shu, what the f*** were you waiting for? Couldn't find a parking? you have been too soft there.

Well, well, very nice episode, Shu is constantly growing up, to the point I fear he will become worse than Gui in emotionless terms. If those death flags are true, he will lose them (emotions) quite soon. Not enough to not say to Inori to show some mercy.
Looking at the end of the OP it seems that Inori is dreaming of trying to kiss Shu, but then she suddenly wakes up. It gave me the feeling of some turnaround, similar to the gui/shu's one, but here Inori will gain her emotions bit by bit in contrast to Shu who will lose them along the road.
I hope they decide to keep the void ranking hidden to the plebs, it isn't a wise idea to reveal each void rank.
I don't think all the thing show in the hope was Inori dream. So I really dubt that Shu come to the point to lose all (or almost all) his emotion.And even in that case you can be sure that the anime will still give us InoriX Shu lol(they have show to much that this is the canon paring to no made it true).
For the last part...I agree is better that the ranking system is keep hidden from the student.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 06:00   Link #108
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
...which has one of those custom flash players with no volume control, and buffers worst than real.[/QUOTE]

And? He ask where you watch preview even though there was none in episode 14 and I answer by telling him that they only show preview on their main site.
(Not inside the episode).

Yeah, you can watch the preview (and the episode) in many other site but that was not his question, was it?
Gundamx is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 06:37   Link #109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
When shu say "What Gai would do at time like this" what comes to my head was "What lellouch would do at time like this" , I mean with that variant of void there would be vast possibility, and they are going to rebel anyway, I did see some similarities.

I see Yahiro will become a more like strategic guy for me, he create Void rank system which I realized, It's shown a the first OP.
But what's his rationale for creating a system like that? Setting aside the fishiness of having a single numeric value spat out by a handheld gadget, when the value of a void will obviously depend on circumstance, what point is there in creating a caste system based on that?

(Except maybe to make room for a sequel in which Shu has conquered the world, and some low level guy, or maybe some voidless freak, must rebel against the tyranny of the void value system?)
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2012-01-28, 06:45   Link #110
blue_sora
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But what's his rationale for creating a system like that? Setting aside the fishiness of having a single numeric value spat out by a handheld gadget, when the value of a void will obviously depend on circumstance, what point is there in creating a caste system based on that?

(Except maybe to make room for a sequel in which Shu has conquered the world, and some low level guy, or maybe some voidless freak, must rebel against the tyranny of the void value system?)
That's why some hoped that it was some ingenious method of Yahiro to screw Shu over for killing his brother, Yahiro doesn't know what he is actually doing and an idiot, or a case of bad writing. Either one of those.
blue_sora is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 06:45   Link #111
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I don't think all the thing show in the hope was Inori dream. So I really dubt that Shu come to the point to lose all (or almost all) his emotion.And even in that case you can be sure that the anime will still give us InoriX Shu lol(they have show to much that this is the canon paring to no made it true).
For the last part...I agree is better that the ranking system is keep hidden from the student.
Well, in the end the sequence shows Inori going to giving a kiss to Shu, but then she opens her eyes lain in the grass. Before, when they face pointing their hands to each other Shu, apart from switching quickly his outfit , has a cold look, instead Inori has a begging *reach-me-Shu* look.
But I know that they will give us our pair, I mean, as you say, too many explicit contents here and there.
Back to the grass Inori scene, it would be an easy (not wanted) ending for the show

Reading the CG (code Geass) comparisons I understand that, I myself wrote about that in the prev. episode 3d, but even if the setting at this point looks similar, sort of same goal, "same" chicks, the music is different. I mean CG was a one man show, GC has more of a choral show. I mean, Shu being now the leader is not such a big deal. It is quite obvious. He is a badass -> we are in danger -> he will be the leader. But being a leader and a badass are not related in any way. For that reason usually even charismatic people, or great men have a hell of a staff behind their shoulders. What really need a leader is charisma. Shu is growing up on that, but for all the other things each friend will have a role. Arisa as the previous president has the knowledge of how to administrate a school or manage with everyday duties, Yahiro is the tactician (wanna-be so far, we'll see how he will handle the void ranking), Souta is there to remember that Shu was an annoying but really genuine boy once (three words: kill him fast ), and then the harem. Its role is to be protected. Because, the truth is that Shu didn't care about freedom, he could live a long life inside that school with Inori, Ayase, Hare and Tsugumi, but knowing the circumstances he has to move his (bad)ass.
What his staff is really missing is who think out of the box. But if Tsugumi plays well her many cards we could get Daryl sooner or later.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 06:49   Link #112
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Anh_Minh@ Indeed not make sense.
Any way It seem I not the only one to think that part of mana is inside Inori now(merge with her) or that Inori begins to gain some Mana’s traits.
Some quote that I read .
Spoiler for spoiler:

I still don't know if this is a good thing or bad .especially from the preview next ep.
Arya@ Good point. I agree with what you wrote.Maybe ...if shu go that way Inori will be a emotional support for him( I know it's so strange wrote this like that...but still ...the op and Ed almost said this)
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 07:18   Link #113
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Episode 14:

- The Backstreet Boys had to resort to drastic measures to promote their latest album...

__________________
            |
   \  ( ^p^ )/
      ̄ ̄ /
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 07:47   Link #114
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But what's his rationale for creating a system like that? Setting aside the fishiness of having a single numeric value spat out by a handheld gadget, when the value of a void will obviously depend on circumstance, what point is there in creating a caste system based on that?

(Except maybe to make room for a sequel in which Shu has conquered the world, and some low level guy, or maybe some voidless freak, must rebel against the tyranny of the void value system?)
I can see the rationale, behind it.

This is a pretty serious situation they're in, and as such they need a tight command structure, just like in the military. The Void ranking system is a way of doing that, which has the benefit of being directly related to Shu's leadership. This way it's easier to give orders.

I can't say I agree with it though, there's too much potential for something bad to come of it, including but not limited to the points you mentioned.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:03   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I can see the rationale, behind it.

This is a pretty serious situation they're in, and as such they need a tight command structure, just like in the military. The Void ranking system is a way of doing that, which has the benefit of being directly related to Shu's leadership. This way it's easier to give orders.
There is of course a need for Shu to delegate authority, and for those subordinate leaders to be accepted by their own subordinates, to have legitimacy.

But how does the void value system accomplish that any better than, say, a shoe size system? Most students are unfamiliar with voids to start with, nobody really understands them at all even at the top, and there's no reason to believe those with a high value void will have the necessary qualities to do their job - while those who do have those qualities may be stuck at the bottom because their voids are weak.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:26   Link #116
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There is of course a need for Shu to delegate authority, and for those subordinate leaders to be accepted by their own subordinates, to have legitimacy. But how does the void value system accomplish that any better than, say, a shoe size system?
It's because Shu, the leader, possesses the power to draw out Voids that it becomes effective method of delegating authority, since it concentrates the authority solely on Shu, since only he can draw out Voids. In this situation, where the government is slaughtering people, Shu's Void power, which can defeat Endlaves, would certainly be useful from their point of view, thus legitimizing the ranking system, which legitimizes his leadership.

Quote:
Most students are unfamiliar with voids to start with, nobody really understands them at all even at the top, and there's no reason to believe those with a high value void will have the necessary qualities to do their job - while those who do have those qualities may be stuck at the bottom because their voids are weak.
These concerns are perfectly correct, but in this situation, the mystery of the Voids might mean that no one would question it, just classifying it as a supernatural power and stop thinking from there. The fact that not that long ago, people were being crystallized left, right and centre would certainly add to that.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:35   Link #117
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's because Shu, the leader, possesses the power to draw out Voids that it becomes effective method of delegating authority, since it concentrates the authority solely on Shu, since only he can draw out Voids. In this situation, where the government is slaughtering people, Shu's Void power, which can defeat Endlaves, would certainly be useful from their point of view, thus legitimizing the ranking system, which legitimizes his leadership.
It certainly means that those subleaders are nothing without Shu. But that would also be the case if the reason they were subleaders was just "because Shu said so". And you wouldn't be faced with the problem of unsuitable guys with a big void.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:42   Link #118
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Guys I think we misunderstand something here. If you remember Hare void have more high number than Ayase or Tsugumi .So maybe it's really the right move in the end (if they know how to do in the right way) now that Gai it's not here to help with the void.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:43   Link #119
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Pardon the interruption. It will just take a minute:

Those of you who want to talk/speculate about the next episode based on the episode Preview, please use the existing Spoiler/Speculation/Web Preview thread. The way Guilty Crown is going about the episode preview is pretty considerate and builds the maximum anticipation for any fans who don't want to be spoiled even by previews in terms of what to come next. I wish more anime would employ such tactics with episode previews. That's all.

Carry on!
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 08:53   Link #120
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It certainly means that those subleaders are nothing without Shu. But that would also be the case if the reason they were subleaders was just "because Shu said so".
True, there might be a problem if their authority is seen on solely resting on Shu, after all, Shu's presidency is just beginning, and it's not as if he would or could hand out sanctions to disobedient people. However, the situation and the sheer supernaturalness of Shu's power might counteract this.

Quote:
And you wouldn't be faced with the problem of unsuitable guys with a big void.
Let's give them a little benefit of the doubt. I don't think they'll put someone completely unfit in any practical position of power just because they have a powerful Void.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.