AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 16:51   Link #621
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I just dont want zessica to get screwed, that ring didnt even go off once for her. Not that her pairing has to be amata. Just interested to know who goes along with her in the ED since there is a gap right after hers.
You're making too big a deal out of it, this is Zessica's first time meeting Amata in person (I understand that anime tends to have people fall head over heels on sight), why do you expect her to suddenly be crushing on him and having inappropriate thoughts? Like I said, everyone else has pre-built tension that's causing their overreactions. (Not to mention that it doesn't really fit what we've seen of Zess' character, she's not like Mix, who hides herself behind a cold facade, or other girl (who's name eludes me) who's established herself as a fan girl (along with most of the females when either Sherade or Cayenne appear). Zess is a relaxed character, and has shown interest in *pilot* Amata who, until this episode, she hadn't properly met.)
Old 2012-01-29, 18:27   Link #622
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
^But if Zessica is also Celiane, I wonder why Kagura didn't react to her at all. That's why I'm thinking there must be a plot twist somewhere.
here's my thought. Amata's world and Kagura's world are the OVA world and the tv series world.They are both reincarnations of Apollo just different apollo's. Zessica and Mikono are exactly the same. Reincarnations of Silvie but different silvies from different worlds. Zessica is from Kagura's world who ran away to Amata's world at some point and she's the one who he recognized not Mikono (the vision is a way to throw us off and that was caused by something else yet to happen, and it is easy to forget she was also in the machine). To recognize a smell you have to have experience with the smell, Mikono has already stated she had never met Kagura before. also earlier when they were trapped beneath the statue, he recognized Amata's scent (likely because their parallel versions of each other), not Mikono's at that time
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:34   Link #623
Vena
Carpe Diem

Actually, on second thought, if Mikono and Zess are reincarnations of Celianne... how would "smell" distinguish them? He's clearly not sniffing their BO from half a kilometer away (and separate giant robots, which are likely pressurized), so if they are indeed reincarnations of the different shades of Celianne then he'd "smell" them simultaneously and they'd "smell" the same.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:42   Link #624
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 5:
Old 2012-01-29, 19:47   Link #625
Dahak86
Occasional Member

And Aquarion Evol keeps on delivering healthy and quality service.
well... I'm not watching it for the bishies, that's for sure.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:51   Link #626
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I wonder if it's possible to actually separate the distinctions of reincarnations further...

For example,

Amata = Apollonius
Zessica = Celiane
Kagura = Apollo
Mikono = Slyvia

Where the former 'person (12,000 years ago)' that had lived the life of the previously reincarnated separates themselves from the 'origin.' (24,000 years ago)

Pure speculation, of course.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:57   Link #627
mayumi

if kagura starts calling mikono or zessica "amazon" then i can take this smell sniffing seriously. otherwise the reincaration of who is sylvie is still a mystery to me. unless this story's sylvie is nothing like silvia of tv series.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:14   Link #628
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Spoiler for Episode 5:

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:28   Link #629
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Zessica.. *pants*.... Zessica... *pants*.... *pants*....

Too bad her character type is rarely, if ever, the heroine
Old 2012-01-29, 20:29   Link #630
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Seems it still is developing. Though yeah... It is not boding well for her since first episode.
It hasn't been boding well for Zessica since the promotional material released before the series started which featured 95% AmataxMikono. People hoping for an AmataxZessica ending had better prepare for a crash+burn. (not that I have anything against Zessica, but that's just the way it is )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
As someone who adores Mikono and Amata together and is not fond of the "girls want bad guys" trope, I'm not very fond of the developments regarding Amata, Mikono and Kagura but ah well, a love triangle was to be expected. I hope it'll sort out in an, ah, favorable way. (Besides if Amata and Kagura are both reincarnations of Apollonius, which I'm pretty sure they are, they're technically two halves of the same soul, so. Threesome, anyone?)
This is Aquarion; it's not a dark series. It'll work out fine.

And I called it, AndyxMIX. You heard it here first.

And she may not have been the commander, but I knew Crea's "swinging her hair back" pose in the OP gave her an "I'm the boss" feel.

Then to end it all, did Mikono's love-ban zap armband totally screw her over by zapping her unconscious in Kagura's arms? That is something to hate the armbands for.....
Old 2012-01-29, 20:34   Link #631
~The Radiant Protector~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Then to end it all, did Mikono's love-ban zap armband totally screw her over by zapping her unconscious in Kagura's arms? That is something to hate the armbands for.....
She passed out on the ground, which is worse actually since while amata has a chance to save her, kagura's closer to her so that doesn't mean much.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2012-01-29, 20:38   Link #632
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
She passed out on the ground, which is worse actually since while amata has a chance to save her, kagura's closer to her so that doesn't mean much.
I'm just judging on screenshots though for the moment, but didn't the armband zap her unconscious when Kagura kissed her?
Old 2012-01-29, 20:44   Link #633
leokiko

Quote:
I'm just judging on screenshots though for the moment, but didn't the armband zap her unconscious when Kagura kissed her?
It did.

Great episode, nice AmataxMikono moment at the end, Kagura HAD to ruin it all
And Zen said it was NOT love. It was a ''forbbiden meeting'' or ''forbbiden lovers''. Most likely Kagura is the reincarnation of Appolo(no wings) and Amata is the reincarnation of Appolonius (the angel).
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:50   Link #634
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Looking at Zessica the past few episodes, the impression I got was that she herself hasn't woken up to her maidenly side.

She's playful, curious and not oblivious to stuff like 'romances', but she doesn't get it yet.

Quote:
It shows the difference of the passion that the respective guys ignited in Mikono.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:52   Link #635
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
It hasn't been boding well for Zessica since the promotional material released before the series started which featured 95% AmataxMikono. People hoping for an AmataxZessica ending had better prepare for a crash+burn. (not that I have anything against Zessica, but that's just the way it is )
Its called hope and its often misplaced in the unlikeliest of places.

Mikono is far to quick to get jelly, though, then again we see Zessica get a bit jelly at the end of the episode too. Its just that Mikono seems to take everything that occurs with Amata as some sort of negative sign that she weighs against him when he's either not in control of the events or has little choice.

And I say its going to be Frog + Andy.
Old 2012-01-29, 20:52   Link #636
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
And I called it, AndyxMIX. You heard it here first.
Hmmm... yeah, GynephiliacXAndrophobe pairings tend to be pretty obvious.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:08   Link #637
mayumi

still not digging the amataxmikono pairing. its happening far too quickly for some reason. amata for his corny lines about how its destiny doesn't help either. when they start saying stuff like that i always hope it ends differently. also mikono is quite funny if she thinks that amata would only fly for her. she doesn't get boys i guess.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 21:33   Link #638
~The Radiant Protector~

Quote:
yes, but he didn't catch her which is why I said she fell on the ground.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:46   Link #639
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
yes, but he didn't catch her which is why I said she fell on the ground.
The problem isn't whether or not he caught her before she fell to the ground, unless you mean he ran off after she fell unconscious at his feet. (which I doubt) It's that she's completely helpless at his feet, literally, 'cause of the dang bands. >.> And I don't think Amata has much of a chance of fighting off Kagura, so if he wants to take her then there's little stopping him.
Old 2012-01-29, 21:49   Link #640
Ypocaramel

I haven't seen the episode, but I actually like the idea of Amata and Mikono as incredibly awkward lovers. They're both teens, both socially awkward, likely first time in love and they've only known each other a few days. It makes sense they'd sound a bit lame, and I kinda feel it'll be fun to watch.

But I still hope the staff will get the execution right and not rush things.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction