AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-12, 23:37   Link #421
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

That was easy!

Shura no Toki - it's licensed.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/syuratoki/
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:49   Link #422
little dragon
koraaa-! yarou!!

really? i came across that many times. that picture really throws me off. so does the description, since i always seen him use a sword. i guess i didn't watch it early enough or understand. i guess this url proves it...

thanks.
little dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:05   Link #423
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Okay, here's a tough one for all of you...

Back when I lived in Poland, in the early 90's, there was a whole bunch of anime shown on TV. There was an evening program that included one of my favorite anime series ever, Moomins, and the slightly better known Maia the Honey Bee. There were other programs, earlier in the day I think, that include the great Captain Daimos, another of my favorite anime series. There is one, however, of which I have limited and rather vague recollections... but I would really love to know what it is.

Here are some things that I remember (however, none of this is totally certain). There were enemies and good guys that fought in every episode, in the old mecha anime style, but this one may not have been strictly mecha. The good guys were, I think, two (maybe more, but I only remember two) heroes who wore these flashy outfits. The outfits may have been white. I think the two good guys were a girl and a guy. I have no idea whether they had any mechas or not. Anyway, the enemies were kinda stupid and got thwarted in each episode (but they came up with clever plans in each episode nevertheless). I think they had a symbol or flag or something that had something to do with a skull. They may have also had something to do with utensils in the skill, but I might just be mixing those memories with Dragonball. Any help or any leads would be very much appreciated. If I remember any more, I'll post back.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:46   Link #424
Abby
To Zanarkand..

I saw this avatar somewhere around.. can anyone tell me the name of the series plz?

Also if its any good?

Arigato ^^
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:21   Link #425
langjaiken

Please help me id this anime

Hi. I'm not a big anime fan but i love this anime. Saw it when i was a kid, now i want to find out what it is.

Story: The movie is about this boy and his friend. During a karate competition at school, when the two boys fought a big flash of light came up and they saw a "goddess" or something.

Anyway, later these two guys somehow was teleported to another dimension. There, the main character is a good guy. He have this lion head figurine, when he pulls it out and say some magic word, he'll transform and he'll be in full white armor and ready to fight or something. His friend, the other guy, is evil and have no memories of his life in the other dimension, he is in red armor.

Anyway theres these other support characters, who is part of the main character clan, they all have their special abilities and armor. I just remember theres a green dragon armor dude, and a pink phoenix armor dude with a funny haircut.

I dont exactly remember what was going on, but the good guys were on their way to somewhere or look for something or to save the Goddess? and the bad guys kept on attacking them. Worst, the "Bad guys" used to be the good guys friends.

any clues?
langjaiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:18   Link #426
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That is Shurato!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:54   Link #427
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby
I saw this avatar somewhere around.. can anyone tell me the name of the series plz?

Also if its any good?

Arigato ^^
It's an avatar which was made from this wallpaper
Spoiler:

I found this wallpaper at a Shingetsutan Tsukihime fansite, so I suppose the person who made the avatar did so as well. I'm not entirely sure which character it represents but i believe it to be Akiha Tohno.

The art in the avatar is different from the one in Tsukihime but I would still recommend you check it out since it's an anime which is certainly worth your time and it was a very popular one and unusual one in Japan (it was based on a game which was made by anime fans, the game became so popular that these fans couldn't keep up with the demands for it. Eventually it became big and an anime was made out of it)

If you want more info about this I suggest you check out Kj1980's posts in the Shingetsutan Tsukihime thread, he posted all the backgrounf info.
EDIT : here is the thread I was referring to http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=509

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 22:02   Link #428
Miyuri

Umm i vaguly remeber the serie that i watched 6 years ago that aired in korea at that time (1998). it was about a bunch of kids who had TOPS and were able to control them according to their power (reminds you of beyblade hehehe) i remeber one could only use their top when there was wind. Hmmmm and i believe they were searching for crystal or something. SRRY for not being clear but it would be nice if someone can figure it out.

-Little one who bears up alone under such deep sorrow, never lose that strength or nobility. This Ring will lead you to me one day- Utena*
Miyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:24   Link #429
zEr01x

Quote:
Originally Posted by little dragon
...but i do know its most likely licensed by now. i'm wondering if anyone can help me. i'm really interested in the series. i watched it while i was in japan but didn't have the subtitles to help me

all i know is:
- it was a samurai series. quite a serious series.
- that it was released as a tv series around may/june (same time as samurai champloo).
- it aired tuesday nights on channel 4 (basic cable, in the kanagawa/tokyo area) - i'm pretty sure - sometime after 10pm.
- the three main characters i saw thus far was:
i). the main character always had one eye shut and he was protecting:
ii). a female char. who exelled with the bow.
iii). sometime later, a younger guy joined them and weilded dual swords.
- a big animation company was behind the production (i thought it was i.g.).
- i'm pretty sure the title was all in kanji and didn't have any katakana/borrowed words.

i thought it was samurai 7, but after seeing so, it wasn't. any info would help.

thanks!
What your looking for is Otogizoushi. And yes, it is licensed.
zEr01x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:24   Link #430
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
Umm i vaguly remeber the serie that i watched 6 years ago that aired in korea at that time (1998). it was about a bunch of kids who had TOPS and were able to control them according to their power (reminds you of beyblade hehehe) i remeber one could only use their top when there was wind. Hmmmm and i believe they were searching for crystal or something. SRRY for not being clear but it would be nice if someone can figure it out.
I never saw the show myself, but it might be a show that was referred to earlier in this thread if the tops were used to summon mecha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8_wun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun
definitely not rayearth, think it was 2 males and a female. Yeah I know, it isn't much to go on, just what I can remember, the thing that stood out most for me was that one of the kids mechas involved the use of a top, maybe the mecha was blue and it was the females, and by me saying when I was a kid I'm saying roughly 10 or so years ago. They might of traveled with some older scientist guy, and I remember they went to some dungeon kind of place where they had abattle with the evil guys, maybe the top or the red mecha fought in a room of ice.
If a couple of things were changed in ur description, I think i might know which one ur talking about. first of all, if it was 3 males, with the blue colored one being feminine with long hair. secondly, they are all using tops, they used the tops to summon their mechas. then i think it's Mado King Granzort. i watched it as Mou Dong Wong (in cantonese in hk around 92)
Obviously if there were no mecha then my guess is wrong.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-16, 22:45   Link #431
problemedchild
_

Does anyone know where this screenshot came from? I know that's Minamo from Wind -A Breath of Heart-. So is that a cap from the second episode of the Wind -A Breath of Heart- OVA?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:43   Link #432
Chouji_Hungry

need a little help plz

i am trying to find a anime cant remember the name all i remember is that he has blonde hair and has some kinda dragon soul power it was in a article in Newtype USA thanks for the help in advanced.
Chouji_Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:01   Link #433
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Dragonball Z.

In all seriousness might need a little more description than that. Is it recent?
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:46   Link #434
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji_Hungry
i am trying to find a anime cant remember the name all i remember is that he has blonde hair and has some kinda dragon soul power it was in a article in Newtype USA thanks for the help in advanced.
It could be Tenjou Tenge. Need a little more detail than that though.

- snoopy.007 My . Anime List // Current Desktop //
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:17   Link #435
Madell

New Anime

my friend was talking abou a new anime that has fights and a lot of blood etc.. but i dont know what anime that is could some1 help me ?
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:28   Link #436
Chouji_Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy007
It could be Tenjou Tenge. Need a little more detail than that though.
I belive it was in Newtype USA a few mouths ago not sure what issue since i left all my mags in my Dorm..(home for winter break) it just started to air in japan ..has lots of fights in it blonde hair dude has Dragon soul power...there is a Chi Fighter...and a fighter who fights like Eddy/Tiger from tekken..sorry if this is not enough info but thats all i got to see was on plane when laptop power went out and it was only a trailer i kinda remember it saying legend but i check that out and it was the wrong anime ..sorry again thanks though
Chouji_Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:31   Link #437
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madell
my friend was talking abou a new anime that has fights and a lot of blood etc.. but i dont know what anime that is could some1 help me ?
Need more info before we can begin to guess. If I was going to focus on something with lots of blood I suppose it could be Elfen Lied. If I was thinking about fights then perhaps Samurai 7 or My-HiME.

Please add some details so I can take a better guess. Male characters or female? Super powers? Martial arts? Mecha? Bodies being ripped in half or merely cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji_Hungry
I belive it was in Newtype USA a few mouths ago not sure what issue since i left all my mags in my Dorm..(home for winter break) it just started to air in japan ..has lots of fights in it blonde hair dude has Dragon soul power...there is a Chi Fighter...and a fighter who fights like Eddy/Tiger from tekken..sorry if this is not enough info but thats all i got to see was on plane when laptop power went out and it was only a trailer i kinda remember it saying legend but i check that out and it was the wrong anime ..sorry again thanks though
Sounds like Tenjou Tenge to me. The only difference is that Tenjou Tenge started way back in April of this year and it's final episode was in September. That's a little different from "just started to air in japan." Is it close enough to be the right show?

Old 2004-12-20, 05:44   Link #438
tastek

no name very old help me

i'm asking hard maybe but try to help me. All i have is the story. The girl is in a coma. Her friends are with her in hospital waiting, hoping that she get well. But actually she is in a dream in the coma. She is fighting in the dream for his life. She was not alone. Some guys help her. Teach how to shoot. She shoots too much that her hands wound. But she tie some cloth and keep shooting. those happening in a ruined city. No body lives in there accept our survivors. They want to escape with a car but they returned to the beginning of the road again and again(like in the mouth of madness). the enemy is a huge black cat. Very big. 20 metres TALL i guess. and have a mark on forehead. And the want to shoot it from that mark. it is not series. it is old (6-8 years)And that coma event is the main story, Main Story. help me.
tastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 12:24   Link #439
Mb81

Once more... really important.

http://www.animemanga.de/3.JPG

Is there really no short name for this ? Needed for a domain.

http://www.animemanga.de/4.JPG

MP0 ? Is this the right title ?

Thanks alot.
Old 2004-12-20, 17:19   Link #440
hooliganj
Team Player

You've got the picture links reversed.

Still no shorter name for Muhyo and Roujii (It looks like a guy, so I don't think 'Rosie' is appropriate), sorry.

Yeah, the title is MP0. The rest of it just sounds out 'em pii zero' in katakana.

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, search