AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-28, 09:00   Link #121
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But how does the void value system accomplish that any better than, say, a shoe size system? Most students are unfamiliar with voids to start with, nobody really understands them at all even at the top, and there's no reason to believe those with a high value void will have the necessary qualities to do their job - while those who do have those qualities may be stuck at the bottom because their voids are weak.
Well because void was their only weapon for them to survive from government and they must get familiar with it. I agree that just void power value is inadequate for the rank system, but for now that's the only information they got.
n120cky is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 10:45   Link #122
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Hahaha! Tsugumi lost her Void Virginity.

And...don't mess with Inori. Loved that part of the episode.
__________________
orion is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 11:43   Link #123
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: 幻想郷
Age: 26
Man, I sure didn’t expect Haruka tο join thе dаrk side. Shе dοеѕ know hеr οwn son іѕ trapped іn here аnd ѕhе’s helping thе same people trying tο kіll hіm… rіght?
Quote:
Frοm now οn I shall οnlу refer tο “рlοt devices” аѕ “voids”.
I hаνе tο ѕау, I’m inclined tο agree.
__________________
Qpax is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 11:48   Link #124
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
And...don't mess with Inori. Loved that part of the episode.
Obviously Shu is the only one who has permission from her to do what he wants to her . Other person are not allow.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 11:50   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
True, there might be a problem if their authority is seen on solely resting on Shu, after all, Shu's presidency is just beginning, and it's not as if he would or could hand out sanctions to disobedient people. However, the situation and the sheer supernaturalness of Shu's power might counteract this.



Let's give them a little benefit of the doubt. I don't think they'll put someone completely unfit in any practical position of power just because they have a powerful Void.
And yet, they've sown the seeds of either that, or discontent arising of powerful voids not getting the positions they're "entitled" to. (I mean, what will they do if that bespectacled bastard has 1999 points void?)

That's why I say it'd have been better to just pick whoever they wanted as subleaders, unrelated to the void value. Maybe there's an even better solution than that, because being that arbitrary can cause problems too. But the void value system isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Well because void was their only weapon for them to survive from government and they must get familiar with it. I agree that just void power value is inadequate for the rank system, but for now that's the only information they got.
Yeah, but we're supposed to be beyond the belief that how personally dangerous you are determines your place on the rank ladder. Or they shouldn't have had elections, just a fighting tournament.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 12:58   Link #126
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
In my opinion, the void rankings aren't there to delegate authority but are a means to make a structure for what is going to be an army of void powered students. The ones with higher rankings won't have more authority but will simply be relied on for more dangerous missions. This is all according to Scarface's plans because this is close to the original plan of creating a new and more powerful race.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 13:46   Link #127
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
^ plus it's obvious that the device was given by Segai to the terrorist wannabe. So its all going according to plan. "Just as planned" 'smirk'
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-01-28, 22:05   Link #128
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
Ranking them A-F is a terrible idea, and will only create strife within the group. The true power of someones void depends entirely on the given situation. If they are starving, Inori's sword will do no good, but perhaps that low-ranking refrigerator void is always full of food. The "power" gauge is utterly meaningless without context.
I'm inclined to agree. Hare's Void power rating was lower than Inori's, for example, but there's situations where instant-heal is more useful than a big, giant sword.

If all of the Voids were offensively-based (i.e. if they were all straight-up weapons - guns, swords, etc...) I could see a decent rationale behind the letter ranking system, but as is, it strikes me as being more potential trouble than what it's worth.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 02:17   Link #129
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Hrrm Shu's void is xxxx....


Lol...Darryl not liking killing....ha did he get knocked on the head or what?

Must be the trauma of getting his ass handed to him over and over
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 02:40   Link #130
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Looks like I called Inori turning out to be something of a cold-blooded killer.
Inori has been nothing but a killer since a long time.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 04:29   Link #131
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Cosmic Eagle@ I think the one to blame here it's Gai....Inori don't know so much about this thing and emotion and Gai no help her so much to learn about this thing.
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 04:31   Link #132
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Cosmic Eagle@ I think the one to blame here it's Gai....Inori don't know so much about this thing and emotion and Gai no help her so much to learn about this thing.
Yes. If she's been with Gai since her life began...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 18:31   Link #133
Makender
Varsity Slacker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 23
So what is the underlying personality rationale of Tsugumi's void? That she has a fake personality? *possibly readying flame shield*

And I really hate how their slowly turning Daryl into a good guy. Him saying that the massacre wasn't a "beautiful" kill or something kept things borderline acceptable, but honestly things are getting into OOC fanfic proportions concerning Daryl.

Otherwise I didn't particularly enjoy the episode. As Triple-R mentioned it was much too formulaic. I'm also not particularly enjoying the current school setting that they seem stuck in and their internal school politics aren't all that intriguing. And the blatant assault of only girls in this episode had my eyes rolling. At least Shu is slowly coming into his own and developing a likable and sometimes badass persona.

As for the ranking system, I see many possibilities here to introduce interesting characters. However, the characterization of the main characters so far leave me with little hope there.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of what to be and not to be afraid of.

Makender is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 19:02   Link #134
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Makender@Tsugumi void born from her feeling of loneliness ,that's why her void made clone.( or at least this is what I think)
Soji is offline  
Old 2012-01-29, 21:44   Link #135
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Everything is added randomly in the context of the plot but it is still so predictable what happens. Makes you wonder if the scriptwriters were just lazy or bad.
king12354 is offline  
Old 2012-01-30, 08:45   Link #136
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
I am confused. For a series that claimed "bad" by many, it is sure generated a lot of post in every episode thread. Is it because it is so bad it is good thing? or someone fed me with the wrong information?

*haven't watch Guilty Crown"..yet
__________________
noobita is offline  
Old 2012-01-30, 09:13   Link #137
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
it's good yet bad. it depends on how you watch it and the one watching it. I like Guilty Crown even though I had complaints on it. You should try it because this type of show is hard to judge when many people said it's bad even though those people itself keep on watching it.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-01-30, 09:17   Link #138
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I am confused. For a series that claimed "bad" by many, it is sure generated a lot of post in every episode thread. Is it because it is so bad it is good thing? or someone fed me with the wrong information?

*haven't watch Guilty Crown"..yet
Are you trying to get eggs thrown at you? Those are silly inquiries by any standard. The best way to form an impression about anything is to experience it yourselves. Feel free to watch Guilty Crown and when you do, feel free to tell us about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
In my opinion, the void rankings aren't there to delegate authority but are a means to make a structure for what is going to be an army of void powered students.
Whatever the initial intention is, once a caste system is introduced, everything that follows after is always the same. I know I'm being cute with my wording, "caste system" but that's exactly what it is. I predict the upper class will be looking down at the lower class by episode 16 and an uprising/betrayal to follow soon there after, perhaps, by episode 17 or 18. I also laughed when Shou was trying to gauge Inori's void, and the device pretty much went over the limit. I guess her power is over 9000?
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2012-01-30, 10:18   Link #139
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think the limit so far was 2000 because it's fine until it went over the limit
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2012-01-30, 10:20   Link #140
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think the limit so far was 2000 because it's fine until it went over the limit
I can be wrong...but I think the number was more than 2000 before went ower the limit.
Soji is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.