AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 00:47   Link #1
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Gundam Wing Way way after Original Gundam?

I dont kno but i heard several sites saying that Gundam Wing is way way way way way..... After the Original gundam (UC) is it true or false? because i seriously think its false but somethings do come into play but then again who knows but could someone clarify this for me?

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 00:52   Link #2
Esper 28
Akira

If you're talking about as far as it was made, Mobile Suit Gundam aired in 1979 and Gundam Wing aired in 1995.

If you're talking about them being of the same continuity...Gundam Wing has nothing to Mobile Suit Gundam and anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong. Even if they try to justify is with outlandish notions, the fact of the matter is, After Colony has nothing to do with Universal Timeline. No way, no how.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 00:55   Link #3
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, if you take Turn A's timeline and use CC, then yup Gundam Wing and UC are in the same continuity, they are both the Black History...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 03:01   Link #4
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Slight tidbit, Tomino was rumored to be pissed and angered by the release of Gundam SEED after what he had done to unify the various Alternate universes...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 03:11   Link #5
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Slight tidbit, Tomino was rumored to be pissed and angered by the release of Gundam SEED after what he had done to unify the various Alternate universes...
Wouldn't Gundam X had to remain out of that unification of gundam series though? Since Gundam X is a 'what-if' off-shoot it can't be put into the same universe.

I think Tomino probably got a little carried away there, maybe it's because I grew up with Marvel comics having all their different alternate verses that i'm able to accept that 'ok fine so this is something else not related to this universe.'
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 05:38   Link #6
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Wouldn't Gundam X had to remain out of that unification of gundam series though? Since Gundam X is a 'what-if' off-shoot it can't be put into the same universe.
Nope. Turn-A's continuity isn't one to be taken literally as it's more symbolic. It encompasses all Gundam, both before and after Turn-A was made.

Fun thing though, first episode of X describes the war that lead to the mass colony drop as the "Seventh Space War" - not so coincidently, X is the 7th Gundam tv series, hence the seventh war.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 10:10   Link #7
DarkMirage
ευαγγελιον
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Yeah well... the unification done by Turn A also pissed off and angered many UC fans. So it's all fair.
DarkMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 09:53   Link #8
ths1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMirage
Yeah well... the unification done by Turn A also pissed off and angered many UC fans. So it's all fair.
Actually, Turn a Gundam can still unify the Gundam universe in Seed.

Spoiler for In Seed...:

Spoiler for And in Turn A Gundam...:

ths1138
ths1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:41   Link #9
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

As a Seed and Wing fan, I would personally be pissed if they somehow manage to tie in the UC universe with those alternate universes..

I wouldn't want my favorite series to be stained with the revelation that they may be somehow tied to the DREADFUL ZZ series...

But I also heard rumors that most if not all the Gundam series might be distantly related to one another (as in thousands of years between each series).

Maybe G-Gundam and SD Gundam series might be the exceptions for obvious reasons..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 13:43   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Akira Yasuda's latest Turn A manga DID mention Cosmic Era as part of Correct Century's past though (and he left out After Colony and After War). Of course, it might not be canon, but nevertheless...
Old 2004-12-21, 18:00   Link #11
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
As a Seed and Wing fan, I would personally be pissed if they somehow manage to tie in the UC universe with those alternate universes..

I wouldn't want my favorite series to be stained with the revelation that they may be somehow tied to the DREADFUL ZZ series...

But I also heard rumors that most if not all the Gundam series might be distantly related to one another (as in thousands of years between each series).

Maybe G-Gundam and SD Gundam series might be the exceptions for obvious reasons..
It unites *all* Gundam series - but remember, this has no effect on those series whatsoever.

Seed has no relation to Wing, Wing has no relation to the UC, etc. Turn-A is an alternate universe show and it's parts naturally relate only to itself.
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote