AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 12:54   Link #10041
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Let him know that "hey, I know you're ignoring us to get our attention"? lmao
Well not like that!

Something along the lines of "Are you alright? You seem depressed lately. You know that girl from fb, you should really take a shot and get a hold of her irl, I don't know why you didn't. She clearly wants to see you. I don't know if you are desperate for someone to care for you but everyone's got their own life issues and it's really hard for others to get close to you if you remain so introverted and isolate yourself. I don't know if I'm exaggerating but I hope you can come to realize that and be a little more direct and open. Really there's no harm in that. Btw, are you interested in a 3some?"

*We are going really off topic xP
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 15:19   Link #10042
Hera

Well I sent him some cheerful happy jolly words but he didn't reply (thought I should cheer him up or assess his mood before talking about the problem)

Last edited by Hera; 2012-02-01 at 15:50.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 16:04   Link #10043
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Well I sent him some cheerful happy jolly words but he didn't reply (thought I should cheer him up or assess his mood before talking about the problem)
@Hera-chan.... dont bother.... he obviously has issues with himself and you cant solve it for him, he needs to figure it out himself. You cant force people into being happy or doing the right thing.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 12:09   Link #10044
Hera

Ok.... thanks for your help so far
Old 2012-02-02, 15:46   Link #10045
warita
Dai-Youkai

I dont know, if it is the best place to post it, but I made a pretty scarf for my bf. He had birthday not so long ago. The yarn was a 75% wool and 25% some arteficial fibre, the end result was an incredibly warm and cozy scarf for the cold winter days.

I think what inspired my bf to ask for a scarf was the mawaru penguin drum anime. We both watched it and he suddenly asked for something hand knitted. Lets just say it was a lot of work. I mean, I gladly do for my sweetheart.... but ufffff
Old 2012-02-02, 16:07   Link #10046
Ledgem
Love Yourself

That's pretty impressive, it looks like it came out nicely. Good for you!
Old 2012-02-02, 18:00   Link #10047
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Hey that's nice

I recently watched true tears with someone because she hasn't seen it and wanted to. That came up in my head when I saw your hand knit scarf.

Not many young people can hand knit :O (Well I have a friend who has like OCD and knits constantly whenever she's not doing something with her hands). Your boyfriend better be extremely happy!
Old 2012-02-03, 09:49   Link #10048
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Everyone with relationship issues can at least take solace in the fact that they aren't me - 2 months away from 28 and have never had a single person express even the tiniest hint of romantic interest. You know that one anime character archetype, the main character's comedy relief best friend who never gets any of the girls? That guy is me irl.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 09:54   Link #10049
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Everyone with relationship issues can at least take solace in the fact that they aren't me - 2 months away from 28 and have never had a single person express even the tiniest hint of romantic interest. You know that one anime character archetype, the main character's comedy relief best friend who never gets any of the girls? That guy is me irl.

Better to be with "Ms/Mr Right" than "Ms/Mr Right Now", IMO; I wouldn't stress it too much.. However, if it really bothers you (and not just because society seems to place people's worth on if they have a partner), then you could go and examine it - are you perhaps subconsciously just not ready/desiring a relationship, and it's "pushing" others away? Are you going after certain types that're just not compatible? There's a million and one reasons why someone might be (or remain) single.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:11   Link #10050
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You're me in 5 years! Aaaahhhh...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:21   Link #10051
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Have you sincerely tried getting a girlfriend? I'm the type of guy who comes off as a totally average boring person. It's because my appearance doesn't match my hobbies or personality. And even at that, I'm the type of guy who has nothing particularly attractive. All I have is being honest (I can't sweet talk ) and keeping my manners/temper. They're traits that don't come off as attractive and only appreciable to women when they're in the process of breaking up with a guy.

I have no choice but to force myself into the view of other women and force them to know me. Or else they can't see anything interesting in me. While I wish someone did take interest in me before I do, that's kind of how I have to live with myself. And it's worked quite well. I just have to be more assertive than my comfort zone and devote more than a typical guy my age.

The other downside is breaking up. A lot of my break ups involve the girl repeatedly stalking me and trying to make up again. Most of my better traits are only noticed upon self reflection after conflicts occur. ;__;
Old 2012-02-03, 11:09   Link #10052
Hera

*if in the future I meet a bf who tries to pull away like that, how should I react? Just let him go? What are the chances of him coming back?
Old 2012-02-03, 11:21   Link #10053
solomon

Typed a bunch of stuff and then lost it and am lazy.......so

Look I don't know everyone's own personal issues and I am NOT trying to belittle you if you have them.

But sometimes it reads like people are being a little too self defeatist. I am a 24 year old male virgin nerd (for you brothers out there you KNOW how embarrising that would come off as!). But after trying to hit up people in the RL with no luck I took a stab at a free dating site, it took two months but I finally managed to make some connections with people.

There are wide amount of people out there. It's at least partially about attitude. I'm not saying you need to make a full image/personality makeover like in Hitch or any such bullshit. But you have to size yourself up in an ABSOLUTE sense not a relative one. If you are handling your buisness and are confident about yourself, odds are you will find someone. It may take a long time and it may not lead to wedding bells but you will have done SOMETHING.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:30   Link #10054
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
You're me in 5 years! Aaaahhhh...
Go out and meet people at conventions. Unless you are in-training for a really tough job, there is no reason not to take a day or two off to the bar or mall or library.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 11:38   Link #10055
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
*if in the future I meet a bf who tries to pull away like that, how should I react? Just let him go? What are the chances of him coming back?
Huh? Pull away like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
But sometimes it reads like people are being a little too self defeatist. I am a 24 year old male virgin nerd (for you brothers out there you KNOW how embarrising that would come off as!). But after trying to hit up people in the RL with no luck I took a stab at a free dating site, it took two months but I finally managed to make some connections with people.

There are wide amount of people out there. It's at least partially about attitude. I'm not saying you need to make a full image/personality makeover like in Hitch or any such bullshit. But you have to size yourself up in an ABSOLUTE sense not a relative one. If you are handling your buisness and are confident about yourself, odds are you will find someone. It may take a long time and it may not lead to wedding bells but you will have done SOMETHING.
Not sure if you're directing that at me, but what I wanted to say is that relationships don't always just happen from coincidence. For those of us who can't naturally find ourselves in the romantic life we need, we have to try hard and go out of our way to do so for it. And so have you since you are using a dating site. A lot of people who are single and have trouble getting into a relationship simply don't take that extra step and try to get to where they want to be.
Old 2012-02-03, 11:55   Link #10056
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
But sometimes it reads like people are being a little too self defeatist. I am a 24 year old male virgin nerd (for you brothers out there you KNOW how embarrising that would come off as!).
*brofist*

I feel your pain dude, keep the strength up and become the drill that pierces the heavens... or something.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 12:01   Link #10057
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
*brofist*

I feel your pain dude, keep the strength up and become the drill that pierces the heavens... or something.
Well. I am about to follow in your footsteps.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-02-03, 12:12   Link #10058
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
All I have is being honest (I can't sweet talk ) and keeping my manners/temper. They're traits that don't come off as attractive and only appreciable to women when they're in the process of breaking up with a guy.
That is not true, a lot of women want a guy, who is decent, reliable, honest and just the guy for a long term thing.
There is a wide spread misconception, that women like assholes guys. That is not true, if you look closer at it. What makes such a guy attractive for some women is the fact, that he is confident. An asshole on the averige has a very clear mind about what he wants and he makes sure he gets it too. It is the confidence that women find attractive. HOWEVER, it doesnt mean, that a nice guy cant be confident. If you are both nice and confident, then you hit the jackpot, trust me!!!!

Also, let us not forget one thing here. So there are assholes, who are popular with women for this or other reason. But the question is, what kind of women fall fur such guys? This question is not uninteresting. Would you agree with me, that it takes a great deal of immaturity for a woman to chose a guy, who is incapable of a long term relationship? Because traits like selfishness, selfcenterness, promiscuity, etc. which are essential part of what makes those assholes who they are, ARE NOT values that will contribute to a healthy and stable relationship. Would you want to hook up with a woman, who is so immature or limited in her mind, that she fails to see the benefits of a sincere, honest and sweet guy and goes for the adrenaline kick a relationship with an asshole surely will provide? I mean, we all need to learn a few lessons. Younger women tend to be swayed more easily by charmers and liars, or machos without any manners. Then they get burnt a few times and learn their lesson.

So my advice is.... if you want a girlfriend, you have to actively go out there and offer yourself. The girlfriend will not drop from the sky one day. You have to mingle with people, meet women, talk to women and just try your best. And if it doesnt work out, then it wasnt meant to be, there are thousands of others waiting for you.

And one more thing. Like I said before, being an asshole is not what will make you popular with woman. You have to have confidence in yourself. I know it isnt easy, but for starters you need to stop thinking of yourself as averige loser, who has nothing to offer. First of all, that is NOT true, second..... you radiate your opinion of yourself to others, even without saying it aloud. If you want a woman to find you attractive and confident, think about where your strength lie and be proud of it and try to work on your weaknesses. This way you will have a sweet girlfriend in no time!
Old 2012-02-03, 12:22   Link #10059
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Spoiler for Some Motivation:

Old 2012-02-03, 13:13   Link #10060
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Okay this thread went off on a tangent again... xD

So who's got a date for valentines and what da'ya have planned? It's always fun to share ideas.

My gf and I used to have a massive list of ridiculous places to go on a date/or make out. That's pretty much what we do on dating days. We broke up sadly in a year ;-;, couldn't get to finish it. And I can't continue it since that would be rather inappropriate as that list was for things with her only.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom