AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 29 33.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 33.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 20.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-04, 16:39   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As I thought, Kaiki didn't intend to kill Karen. He just wants to teach her a lesson, just as she has taught him one. He's a despicable con man but he's no child killer; although I suppose that if somebody paid him a suitable sum of money, he'd be willing to consider killing. Hard to say for sure. The line between conning and killing is not thin, even a dick like Kaiki may be unwilling to cross it.

Anyway, I like Kaiki. It's refreshing to see an antagonist who cares about money (a motivation easy to understand for everybody) rather than ruling/destroying the world or doing evil stuff for the sake of it. He doesn't use evil means because he likes it, but because that's the fastest and most efficient way to get what he wants. If he could earn as much by taking care of puppies, he'd do probably do it. Unfortunately, the world doesn't work that way.

Tsukihi and Karen were platinum awesome in this episode. About damn time Karen got more than two minutes of screentime in one episode. I expect the effect of the Bee's sting will kick in next week and that she'll majorly freak out. I just hope it happens after the kiss and not right before. Speaking of which, Shinobu is trolling Araragi, isn't she? Well, even if she isn't, I doubt that method will produce the intended result.

PS: I want a free Hanekawa ticket, please.
I'm not really interested in his intent personally. From what Shinobu said if they don't do something about this situation that fever will just get worse until it kills Karen. Regardless of his intents he's put her life in jeopardy and personally don't think he cares if she dies or not. Keeps him from getting annoyed after all. I didn't get any impression that the line between killing and not killing is anything to him. If like you said all that matters is the money then the only reason he doesn't kill much is because its simple to have people alive and paying him.

This is someone who absolutely has to be stopped. Too damn dangerous to be allowed to act freely.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:56   Link #22
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shame on you, Tsubasa. You've proven that you could easily wrap Koyomi around your finger, yet because of your passiveness, you lost to Hitagi.
I think losing here is the better thing.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:06   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not really interested in his intent personally. From what Shinobu said if they don't do something about this situation that fever will just get worse until it kills Karen. Regardless of his intents he's put her life in jeopardy and personally don't think he cares if she dies or not. Keeps him from getting annoyed after all. I didn't get any impression that the line between killing and not killing is anything to him. If like you said all that matters is the money then the only reason he doesn't kill much is because its simple to have people alive and paying him.

This is someone who absolutely has to be stopped. Too damn dangerous to be allowed to act freely.
That's assuming Shinobu is right about the Bee. The theme of this season is Fakes, and Kaiki was said to be one in previous episodes. That coupled with what he said in this episode right after stinging Karen ("This is working well. You must have a good imagination") leads me to think the bee he used was just an imitation that is not as lethal as the original. Basically, he's con artist through and through.

No matter how many times I rewatch that scene, I remain convinced his only intent was to teach Karen a lesson. I loved how he stole money from her as payment for it. Incidentally, he was even considerate enough to make sure she'd have money or a ticket for a ride home! See how nice he is?
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:12   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He never said anything about killing her. He asked her to bring him money if she wants him to stop conning kids. At least that's how I understood it.
That was before he cursed her. And then, he asked for 10,000,000 yens to release the curse. So, again, do you think he's bluffing?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:20   Link #25
Candyshark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Kanon has fallen to con artist's charm already. Wasn't there a talk about how fakes can be more dangerous than real thing? The only things that drives him away is convince him that he will get more problems than profit messing arounf Koyomi's turf.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 17:22   Link #26
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That was before he cursed her. And then, he asked for 10,000,000 yens to release the curse. So, again, do you think he's bluffing?
I thought he asked for that money to "have a change of heart". As in, that's the price for him to take what she says seriously and think about reforming. IE: "Even my ideologies can be bought". Nothing specifically about curing her.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:02   Link #27
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
I want hanekawa pass too
And when Shinobu was explaining that it was 'not really an option' I was thinking more of a... sexual method than a kiss How twisted my mind has become.
__________________

Last edited by Nochgo; 2012-02-04 at 23:19.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:11   Link #28
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Kaiki didn't really bother me much. But dang, when he just casually emptied Karen's wallet. man, stealing money like that from a kid like that is so villainous lol.

Wonder if Karen will have less clothes in the blu-ray while getting wiped down.
To be honest, when Shinobu was vague about transferring the poison, I thought she was hinting at intercourse, not just a kiss...

Karen's enjoyable, but I'm kind of more drawn to Tsukihi, where's her arc?

Can't wait for Koyomi to catch up to Kaiki and go all Aruceid on his face.
__________________
...
HandofFate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:30   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I thought it was about blood sucking. His vampirism isn't something Koyomi's comfortable with.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 18:36   Link #30
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Well, Shinobu already said she couldn't eat the disease, so that wouldn't make too much sense.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 19:26   Link #31
felekin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, Shinobu already said she couldn't eat the disease, so that wouldn't make too much sense.
You can't exactly eat a disease c:
felekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 19:47   Link #32
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Well, she can eat stress, so clearly we can't apply common sense to vampires. The point is simply that we already knew it was outside the scope of vampiric powers.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 20:00   Link #33
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Kaiki's room was interesting, nauseating to be precise, which fit the outcome of the encounter with Karen. On backgrounds, it was funny that the cathedral-like bathroom from last episode, made the toilet so tiny in this one

What I found somewhat out of place was Kaiki taking Karen's money... I mean he cons for 100/200 euros, and aims at making about 10,000 in three months... it seems really cheap to steal 40 and even ponder about getting the change or not.

As for his character he is presented somewhat one-dimensional, but that will probably change since it's just the second scene with him, and in addition the event was presented presented from Karen's point of view which (like everyone in her family) have a strong tendancy towards oversimplification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He's not a siscon. He wasn't even embarrassed to undress her.
Totally agreed, Koyomi always gives sleazy glances to any girl except his sisters, and seems to be mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shame on you, Tsubasa. You've proven that you could easily wrap Koyomi around your finger, yet because of your passiveness, you lost to Hitagi.
I don't think so... Tsubasa obviously can use her body to get anyone, but this is definitely what wants to attract Koyomi to her. This is also the reason she is not so bothered by Hitagi, since Koyomi's attraction to her is mainly because of her apparent weakness/uselessness, and that's also not a way she does not want to be looked at, especially by Koyomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: I want a free Hanekawa ticket, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
I want hanekawa pass too
HANDS OFF Tsubasa's rack is mine I don't even care about being hated for using it right then and there

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-04 at 20:05. Reason: Kaiki
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 20:22   Link #34
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada/Ontario
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism Send a message via Skype™ to Miyuki-ism
Don't dis the jacket - Karen.

Again, that amazing BG music for Kaiki, love it.

Still hoping SHAFT animates the very famous toothbrush scene.
__________________
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 20:35   Link #35
Romanticide
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, she can eat stress, so clearly we can't apply common sense to vampires.
She just drains power, that's what she did with Black Hanekawa.
__________________

avatar by mangatron
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:05   Link #36
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
She just drains power, that's what she did with Black Hanekawa.
Okay, so she can't drain power from the illness. The point still stands, no matter how you frame it. Which has been the entire point all along.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:05   Link #37
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@Romanticide: I am pretty sure that's not how it works

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-04 at 21:17. Reason: ref
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:14   Link #38
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
That's always how it works, when you're talking about magic.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:18   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That's always how it works, when you're talking about magic.
My bad, I was refering to Romanticide
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 21:28   Link #40
winhlp32
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boyzone
Episode 5:

- Scene between Karen and Daiki was amazing. That was the most absurdly designed room ever, though of course its just in Koyomi's imagination. The whole thing looks like they're in a music video or something.

- And only just realised, all of the Araragi siblings have those sentient ahoge.
__________________
            |
   \  ( ^p^ )/
      ̄ ̄ /
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.