AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 22:58   Link #20841
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

@Eratas: In this story IS are technically super robots..... so... does that counts?

@demino_hellsin:

Losing limbs is......very harrowing.

It's like cutting off the hands of a piano player.

Unless the treatment is similar to Gundam 00's regenerative treatment, otherwise
As an IS pilot, this means you no longer qualified as a pilot. The IS will be taken away from you.

When something important is taken away from you, it is not... the same anymore.
and Prosthetic limb is not an answer nor a cure to those people who really need that limb (piano player).

The effect is not just bad, it is really hope-crushing......

Even with prosthetic limb, they don't really feel like living anymore. It is like somebody taking away the most precious thing in your life.

summarized:
It is not : "I got a prosthetic limb, so all is alright now."
and not: "I MUST REVENGE MY LOST LIMB"
but more of: ".......I want to die."

I hope that you have the mental maturity and preparation if you plan to write one.

Edit:
Quote:
random question: "What if you suddenly woke up as Ichika? Assume that you have absolutely no idea about Infinite Stratos or its world."
Real life: Nothing really happen. Life goes on... You will be surprise how fast people get used to things after the initial shock
Old 2012-02-04, 23:13   Link #20842
Eratas123

@ Demi - Wonder why I suddenly feel like a loser and an idiot.

In all seriousness, I'd probably check his cellphone and contact anybody who could help.

@ Treme - Weren't you the one who kept insisting that they're supposed to be sports machines?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:27   Link #20843
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: well not sure on the mental maturity part but I can try. As for becoming Ichika... you sure adapt fast

I'd probably think, "This isn't where I'm supposed to be. These people are somebody else's friends and family."

@eras: Only one name comes to mind. And that person isn't even in Ichika's phone
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 23:28   Link #20844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The prosthetic attachment surgery would take few hours, the problem is to have it working in tandem with severed muscles and nerve system. It was what called post surgery treatment & therapy.

As age said, mental recovery took longer than physical recovery. Ad for some, is damn impossible.

If I woke up in place of Ichika, I'll scream WTF at the harem's violent antics (yes, I'm a jerkass and idiot ). And then they realize I'm not Ichika....
Old 2012-02-04, 23:32   Link #20845
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Being Ichika makes it much easier to take over the world.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:33   Link #20846
Eratas123

@ Demi - Honestly, I'd call Chifuyu the minute I see -nee in her name.

@ Senpai - Is it possible to completely ignore cuts and act like they're not there?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:33   Link #20847
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

@Eratas: It is more of 'Beware of the Nice one' Trope.

IS is a Sport machine.....until some idiot tried to push it over the limit...

Other than that, it is a matter of perceptive where you are first given the the over-the-top dramatic "fantasy" version of the scene(by people such as Yume's POV) before "normal" version of it (Ichika's POV)

Edit: Depending on how deep is the cut and the person's pain tolerance.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:35   Link #20848
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Did Ichika even take kendo seriously? I mean as a discipline, not just a form of getting stronger.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:36   Link #20849
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Depending on the size of cuts and whether I felt the pain or not. Anyone with common sense will quickly find a way to stop bleeding and/or prevent infection even if it's only a harmless finger cut or something equivalent.

Many people don't know how to prevent infection, but sure they always wanted to stop the bleeding process.

@ Demi

No, he never did that, but doesn't mean he don't treasure his hand like most people do. Ichika is a 15 year old guy and we don't expect him to act like a matured 25 year old man, him quickly recovering from such injury easily is weird to say at the least.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:40   Link #20850
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Treme - How about a child or a teenager? Adults can ignore some injuries.

@ Treme - Too bad using it for fighting will get you arrested for life

@ Demi - Nope.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:41   Link #20851
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can actually visualize myself without a left hand but all I can feel is frustration. Especially if I'm trying to do something 2-handed or multitasking. As for being socially unacceptable/ugly thing to have a stump for a hand... I'm more comfortable with enemies than friends anyway >.>

EDIT: superficial injuries are easily ignorable. Those deeper cuts will cause you pain. Pending on your body's current predicament. Mostly it's all about mentality but you need to take into consideration the size of the wound and whether the body is responding in a fight or flight situation with fight. I regularly get cuts and scrapes that only hurt when I look at them and say... when did that happen?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:46   Link #20852
Eratas123

@ Demi - It's easy to say that you can deal with it, but it's harder to do in real life. I can say I can deal with life with no friends since I've actually experienced that, but saying I can deal with life with no hand/s would be lying.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:48   Link #20853
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

When I visualize myself without a left hand, I'll feel resentment and depressed and think "Was the life worth living anymore?" for a very long time, months at the very least, and even if I CAN recover from that initial strike, the psychological torture is forever, until you're numbed to it.

As for child... you know they can cry from the slightest pain, much less injuries... more adventurous boys might have better tolerance though, still its limited to certain things unless they accustomed to hellhole/jungle in a daily basis.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:49   Link #20854
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So how bad would a child cry if a stitched up wound re-opened?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:52   Link #20855
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I tried not using my left hand for a whole day... it was near impossible because my instincts told me to use my left hand. That's why I can say I feel more frustration than anything.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:52   Link #20856
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Very loud, their face look like... someone out of "One Piece" world. I once have a patient stubborn enough preventing himself from crying, and ended up biting his own tongue and bleed from it.

@ Demi

Well, it's up to you how to portray Ichika's reaction, good luck.
Old 2012-02-04, 23:54   Link #20857
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Does running or jumping open up a stitched up wound or do you have to be hit there?
Old 2012-02-04, 23:59   Link #20858
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe total wound reopening wound would not happen, but I'm very certain sternous physical activity will make the wound worse than before, that is, the stitched part yanked and stretched so much that many of the tissues are ripped. Hitting them will only cause excessive pain (and light bleeding) but no wound reopening (unless you hit it very hard and the stitches are located with places with thin muscles)
Old 2012-02-05, 00:00   Link #20859
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How hard would it be to re-stitch the wound after it opened?
Old 2012-02-05, 00:02   Link #20860
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I haven't go that far in terms of knowledge, but I'm certain it's not easy, and thus take longer to recover than it should be.

Tags
fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest