AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 20:10   Link #41
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
There must be thousands upon thousands of UC Gundam enthusiasts in Japan bawling and whining for a UC Gundam, and they'll probably get there wish some time in the future. .
The problem with that figure is that its too little... A Gundam series is guaranteed at least thousands of viewers (heck, even unpopular Gundam shows like V Gundam and Turn A Gundam sold 200,000 copies of DVDs), but in order for it to do well, they actually need millions and millions of viewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
I want to see what happened to Judau after ZZ but before
Spoiler:
You can see what happens in
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-27, 20:13   Link #42
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
You can see what happens in
Spoiler:
Man...
Spoiler:
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:37   Link #43
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Man...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-27, 21:43   Link #44
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Spoiler:
True Also Tomino once said he was the strongest out of all the Newtypes.
Old 2004-11-28, 02:02   Link #45
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
The problem with that figure is that its too little... A Gundam series is guaranteed at least thousands of viewers (heck, even unpopular Gundam shows like V Gundam and Turn A Gundam sold 200,000 copies of DVDs), but in order for it to do well, they actually need millions and millions of viewers
Well yeah, it was just a figure of speach. OK, millions of UC enthusiasts instead of thousands. That's what I meant, but whatever.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 02:38   Link #46
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
True Also Tomino once said he was the strongest out of all the Newtypes.
Didn't he just say that Judau had the most potential?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 03:03   Link #47
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
That's not what I read.
Old 2004-11-30, 08:49   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
He did say that Judau was the "strongest" Newtype... But that statement's pretty much open to interpretation. People just interpret it as him having the most Newtype potential.
Old 2004-12-17, 04:38   Link #49
Seabrook

I don't know nor do i really care if judau was the strongest newtype in the uc timeline. The show that he starred in almost destroyed the semi-realistic uc timeline. (I had to force myself to watch the show when judau got into the zeta gundam and started boxing another mobile suit). After watching the semi serious msg and then the sombering zeta gundam followed by an action comedy seemed stupid, in my opinion he was the strongest because the type of show he was in required him to be. ZZ seemed more like a throw back to the old super robot days where characters didn't need to be developed with things like personal problems or the consequences of being impetious on the battle field. These are things that Amuro and Camille had to deal with (i.e. amuro killing lalah, Camille seeing his mother die right in front of his eyes). As for the original topic of a new uc series theres tons of stuff they could animate the problems are of course tominos lack of interest in the timeline and the fact that if u bring in a whole new group of people to make a new gundam show i'm sure they'd rather make a AU to put there own personal stamp on the gundam timeline. After all no one really likes to restricted to another persons idea.
Seabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:22   Link #50
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Ya, I've seen some of the Gundam series(Gundam, Zeta, Char's COunter attack, 0080, 08th Ms team, Stardust Memory, F91, G-Savior, Wing, and X). IT was mainly Gundam Wing and G Gundam that made me reject anymore of the Alternate Universe series(gotten more colourful and outragious designs) but I am kinda enjoying Seed Destiny and definately loved Gundam X.
The thing I would really like to see is the Zeta Movies and the side stories like Blue Destiny, Sentinal, etc...

BTW 0080: War in a Pocket and 08th MS team were great to watch but 0080 was basically all story(perspective of war through both sides) and 08th MS team had too much of a fairy tale/happy ending story to it.
Old 2004-12-21, 04:03   Link #51
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Good For U Syn13. From where i Came From I Can't Even Find The Cd's Or the Dvd's....And It takes tooo long to download the whole series. Even there is the Cd, i think i didn't even want to buy it cause the series is cheaply or poorly subbed.
Old 2004-12-21, 04:44   Link #52
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
Good For U Syn13. From where i Came From I Can't Even Find The Cd's Or the Dvd's....And It takes tooo long to download the whole series. Even there is the Cd, i think i didn't even want to buy it cause the series is cheaply or poorly subbed.
You can always order online, it isn't hard to find anime where I live but there are all very poorly translated and they cost alot. The average price of a DVD set is around $60 Canadian(Zeta has more DVDs than 0083 Stardust Memory but they cost around the same because the quality was much better on 0083).
Old 2004-12-21, 05:43   Link #53
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

UC is the past .CE is the UC of the 21st century.Most of the new fans didn't see any UC series.It would be a waste of money to make a new one.
Old 2004-12-21, 06:50   Link #54
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
I'm curious to know, why didn't V Gundam do well was it the horrible enemy MS design?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 08:39   Link #55
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
I'm curious to know, why didn't V Gundam do well was it the horrible enemy MS design?
Actually, except for the anomalies in Zeta and ZZ Gundam, Tomino's shows have never been good with ratings... (MSG wasn't very good initially, but got better)

Which is why quite a few of his shows even back in the 80's got shortened and so on. And Victory Gundam even earned Tomino a nice 5 year vacation from the anime business... So maybe that's why he hates it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabrook
After watching the semi serious msg and then the sombering zeta gundam followed by an action comedy seemed stupid, in my opinion he was the strongest because the type of show he was in required him to be.

ZZ seemed more like a throw back to the old super robot days where characters didn't need to be developed with things like personal problems or the consequences of being impetious on the battle field. These are things that Amuro and Camille had to deal with (i.e. amuro killing lalah, Camille seeing his mother die right in front of his eyes).
That's because the whole point of ZZ is to loosen up everyone's feelings from the depressing Zeta. Tomino himself made clear that he didn't like the direction in which he put Zeta through, so he made a considerably more upbeat sequel.

Plus, ZZ brought ORIGINALITY, which is something that UC fans keep whining about nowadays but contradict themselves when it comes to ZZ. Judau was a new type of Gundam protagonist with his own set of problems. And YES, if you actually pay attention to that show you'll see that even he had quite a bit problems that he had to deal with, and these problems evolved him to be a much more serious and pragmatic (and a bit pessimistic) individual by the end of the show. Granted, its not the typical "no I dont want to fight but u forced me 2" and "noooo i didnt want to killz u!!!!!!" that Amuro and Kamille were stuck with, but they are personal problems nevertheless.

Last edited by brightman; 2004-12-21 at 08:50.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 19:31   Link #56
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
You can always order online, it isn't hard to find anime where I live but there are all very poorly translated and they cost alot. The average price of a DVD set is around $60 Canadian(Zeta has more DVDs than 0083 Stardust Memory but they cost around the same because the quality was much better on 0083).
Hmmm Order Online.... Well I Can Order But They Just Dont Sent It To My Place Usually they Will Send it to Somewhere Near Like Singapore And Australia But They didn't Even Put My Country in it so I Think I Stick To Download first and when Some guy Did Order Good Subbed Cds .. Then I Think I'll Buy them.
Old 2004-12-22, 02:50   Link #57
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
Hmmm Order Online.... Well I Can Order But They Just Dont Sent It To My Place Usually they Will Send it to Somewhere Near Like Singapore And Australia But They didn't Even Put My Country in it so I Think I Stick To Download first and when Some guy Did Order Good Subbed Cds .. Then I Think I'll Buy them.
Oh that really sucks! Reminds me when I was really young because I had no way to watch Gundam and the only time I watched it was the Gundam Movies on laser disc when my brothers rented them. Then a couple of years later, my friend lent my the Zeta series on VHS...but ever since 2000 when DVDs started to get famous, I got to watch alot of the series.

IF your only source is the net, keep trying. I understand it takes long cuz I don't want to spend anymore money on DVD box sets so i am downloading the whole seed series right now, its been a month and I am only %54 percent done.

Oh yea, one more thing, unless they are OAVs, mine were low quality...When I watched Zeta, MSG and some of ZZ, the quality was like old VHS tapes with bad subbing. 08th MS team and 0080 war in a pocket were OK quality but the best that I've seen is 0083 Stardust Memory.
Old 2004-12-22, 03:17   Link #58
FlyByNite

Maybe for the 50th anniversary of MSG in 2029 an 88 year old Tomino will unveil the continuation (or remake) of the UC storyline...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 10:04   Link #59
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Quote:
Maybe for the 50th anniversary of MSG in 2029 an 88 year old Tomino will unveil the continuation (or remake) of the UC storyline...
Heh and hope by that time tere is still the fansubber to sub it for us I Reaaaly Appreciate what they Are doing.

Quote:
Oh that really sucks! Reminds me when I was really young because I had no way to watch Gundam and the only time I watched it was the Gundam Movies on laser disc when my brothers rented them. Then a couple of years later, my friend lent my the Zeta series on VHS...but ever since 2000 when DVDs started to get famous, I got to watch alot of the series.

You Said it Heck Now I cant even find The First series from where i come from and My SEED Series Which consist of 50 EP, is downloaded from the net T.T. The Cd's They Sell Not Just Too poorly Subbed, That Guy Even Change The Language To our Native language T.T...Theres No More originality in it.