AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-03, 18:15   Link #3721
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
I didn't think my scroll bar could get this small. I wonder if you guys beat the record?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline  
Old 2012-02-03, 21:47   Link #3722
Darthtabby
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
A few thoughts relating to various points in this discussion:

Alto didn't forget that Brera fllies a plane that looks just like the one that tried to blow him out of the sky. In fact I think that's a big part of the reason he tried to pick a fight with Brera in the middle of class with a teacher present. He even says he has questions he wants to ask as he confronts Brera in that scene.

On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that he should start asking questions about Grace because he has questions about Brera. He barely knows Grace, as far as he knows she's just Sheryl's manager. They may both come from Galaxy but to him they're worlds apart.

As for Sheryl's treatment of Miranda, I think we're supposed to assume that she caught sight of what Miranda did to Ranka earlier and deliberately snubbed her because of that.

Regarding Alto's not stating his feelings more clearly towards the end of the series, it's worth noting that words are not the only way to express feelings. Heck, sometimes they're not even the best way to do so.

And as for Sheryl at that point in time... I find it hard to blame her too much for the way she handled things towards the end of the series. She was facing her own death and going through a roller coaster ride of emotional highs and lows. I think she actually handled things pretty well considering everything she was going through, but she was still a mess on an emotional level.

Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2012-02-03 at 22:21.
Darthtabby is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 04:15   Link #3723
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
A few thoughts relating to various points in this discussion:

Alto didn't forget that Brera fllies a plane that looks just like the one that tried to blow him out of the sky. In fact I think that's a big part of the reason he tried to pick a fight with Brera in the middle of class with a teacher present. He even says he has questions he wants to ask as he confronts Brera in that scene.
The problem is that this whole plot thread is dropped completely after that. After Brera becomes Rankas bodyguard and Alto and him have their short confrontation, nobody asks him anymore about what the hell he was doing shooting down SMS planes for shit'n giggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
On the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that he should start asking questions about Grace because he has questions about Brera. He barely knows Grace, as far as he knows she's just Sheryl's manager. They may both come from Galaxy but to him they're worlds apart.
Furthermore, Grace was Sheryls manager since her arrival on Frontier. That she was "rescued" by Brera on Gallia IV should raise some eyebrows, but then again it seems to fall under the sudden cut-off about Breras actions before episode 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
As for Sheryl's treatment of Miranda, I think we're supposed to assume that she caught sight of what Miranda did to Ranka earlier and deliberately snubbed her because of that.
Yep, the scene can easily be viewed that way. We see Sheryl walking in from off-screen, it is quite easy to make an educated guess that she saw and heard Miranda putting down Ranka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.
In my experience, trying to move a discussion between threads results in that discussion dying down to nothing in about 90% of the cases. Hence I am reluctant to do so.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 06:15   Link #3724
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Spoiler for to magnus (I'm saving space):


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Edit: I'm wondering if this discussion should move threads since it's tending towards the series... although then again it could swing back and moving things between threads can make things hard to follow.
Even if we moved it to the appropriate thread, the discussion might be completely lost. We can't exactly move the whole discussion to said appropriate thread. And since it's such a long discussion now, I'm sure we'd get lost.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 07:32   Link #3725
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
I concur in saving some space. ^^

Spoiler for Large wall of text.:
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 09:27   Link #3726
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Shall save space again.

Spoiler for to magnus:
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 11:28   Link #3727
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Maggy, you in love?

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 12:16   Link #3728
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Maggy, you in love?

- Tak
Well, our conversation has been nice so far, so I guess I'd say I like Maggy a bit.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 12:23   Link #3729
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Get a room, you two.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 12:37   Link #3730
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Maggy, you in love?

- Tak
Just in the mood for a good discussion. Not enough of that going around here lately. Given that every response takes me about an hour of time, I can't continue much longer, though. Got to finish that paper. :-/

---

Saving some space again.

Spoiler for More discussion:


Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Get a room, you two.
Hm, so the times I was discussing extensively with you, you always wanted to get a room with me? Saucy!
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 13:27   Link #3731
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Nah, my shipping goggles are only slanted towards girl/boy pairings. No yaoi. Except when Tak is involved.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 13:51   Link #3732
Darthtabby
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
In real life it's quite common for problems to crop up because people didn't pay much attention to things that were quite clear in hindsight. I don't think it's that strange that Alto let a lot of things slide. A lot of those details probably didn't seem closely connected to him anyway. Sure, it's weird that Grace got rescued by Brera -but should he automatically assume she's suspicious just because of that and the fact they're both from Galaxy? As far as he knows the only notable thing about Grace is that she's somehow capable of dealing with Sheryl every day. :lol:

As for Episode 22, that seems like a weird moment for Alto to suddenly declare "I love you" to Sheryl. Promising to support her to the end was a more appropriate response under the circumstances IMO.

As for Sheryl not letting him tell her things in Episode 24 -well, why do you think she didn't? She basically told him that if he said anything to her then it would mess her up emotionally and make her unable to do what she needed to do. Which could be a lie... but if she's lying, then why is she lying? Maybe because she thinks it'll be easier for him to move on after her death if he doesn't bind himself to her before that?

I don't really see much reason to condemn her for how she handled that situation. Or for how she handled things with Alto towards the end of the series at all for that matter. As I noted earlier, she was pretty emotionally messed up at that point.
Darthtabby is offline  
Old 2012-02-04, 14:01   Link #3733
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Nah, my shipping goggles are only slanted towards girl/boy pairings. No yaoi. Except when Tak is involved.
See, Tak, that's what happens when you run around in Sheryls dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
In real life it's quite common for problems to crop up because people didn't pay much attention to things that were quite clear in hindsight. I don't think it's that strange that Alto let a lot of things slide. A lot of those details probably didn't seem closely connected to him anyway. Sure, it's weird that Grace got rescued by Brera -but should he automatically assume she's suspicious just because of that and the fact they're both from Galaxy? As far as he knows the only notable thing about Grace is that she's somehow capable of dealing with Sheryl every day. :lol:

As for Episode 22, that seems like a weird moment for Alto to suddenly declare "I love you" to Sheryl. Promising to support her to the end was a more appropriate response under the circumstances IMO.

As for Sheryl not letting him tell her things in Episode 24 -well, why do you think she didn't? She basically told him that if he said anything to her then it would mess her up emotionally and make her unable to do what she needed to do. Which could be a lie... but if she's lying, then why is she lying? Maybe because she thinks it'll be easier for him to move on after her death if he doesn't bind himself to her before that?

I don't really see much reason to condemn her for how she handled that situation. Or for how she handled things with Alto towards the end of the series at all for that matter. As I noted earlier, she was pretty emotionally messed up at that point.
Agreed to all of that.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-05, 09:31   Link #3734
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Once again, shall save space.

Spoiler for to magnus:
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-06, 05:36   Link #3735
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
And some space saving.
Spoiler for shpoilersh:
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-06, 07:11   Link #3736
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Saving space once more.

Spoiler for to magnus (reply when you like :) ):
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-06, 11:30   Link #3737
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Ok, you two really need a room.

At least I have the common decency of not revealing the more raunchy details of my harem!



Especially when cheesy & natsu are involved...

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2012-02-06, 11:59   Link #3738
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Spoiler for More discussion:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ok, you two really need a room.

At least I have the common decency of not revealing the more raunchy details of my harem!

- Tak
I'm just enjoying a good natured discussion. Hey, shows how much I have mellowed out over the years. At least as long as we don't start putting in question that Sheryl and Alto ended up together.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2012-02-06, 23:40   Link #3739
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
Again with saving space.

Spoiler for to magnus (respond at your leisure :) ):
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline  
Old 2012-02-07, 02:26   Link #3740
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Could take until tomorrow evening ( GMT +1 ) this time... I got a tight schedule for the next month at the very least.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, military, movie, romance, science fiction, song

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.