AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 04:30   Link #5641
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I also think the old to young connection was done way better in StrikerS.
Oh, the irony xD

EDIT: Page claimed for Bushido doing the house cleaning xD

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-02-05 at 04:50.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:35   Link #5642
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
What the hell? How can you like someone when you do not even give him a chance and just bash him? Not trying to point to anyone here, but just a thought.
Because it's a male in my yuri-oriented* series. Everyone is going to fall for him nooooo

*Opinions may differ I know.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:43   Link #5643
rxrx

And that is rather illogical in my opinion. From how the story goes, romantic relationship is the last thing in their minds. Even if you want to argue about falling in love with, at most it is going to be Lily and Isis as the others either treat him as a younger brother, student, stree relieving toy and guinea pig only. Its not like it would turn out that Vivio and Einhart suddenly fall in love with him cause they know each other right?

Heck, if that's the case maybe people hope that Shiro will die so that we can have a Yuri pairing of Momoko and Lindy.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:45   Link #5644
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Heck, if that's the case maybe people hope that Shiro will die so that we can have a Yuri pairing of Momoko and Lindy.
A yuri widow couple? That sounds almost sinister xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-05, 04:50   Link #5645
rxrx

If you really want, you can turn Shiro into a cheating ass who is fooling behind his wife's back and thus Momoko went into the comforting embrace of Lindy whom has been lonley since Clyde died.

Actually if people have tried Triangle Hearts 3, Shiro dying is actually a good thing as his children all developed equally. The burden of the death of the father was not as strong as being left alone in Nanoha's childhood and thus in the case where Shiro died, Nanoha grew up to be more like Momoko and hated violence.
Old 2012-02-05, 04:51   Link #5646
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Its not like it would turn out that Vivio and Einhart suddenly fall in love with him cause they know each other right?
That's exactly the logic the well... zealot fans use. Which is rather stupid but hey.

Quote:
Eeeh, well... yeah... sorta...kinda...maybe...some do.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 04:57   Link #5647
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Shiro alive = White Devil

Shiro dead = peacefull and cheerful Nanoha xD

The bad part is the latter options also means Precia will obtain more jewel seeds and probably reaching Al-Hazard(or dying again in the attempt but this time dealing much more damage). The earth will be destroyed months latter by the Book of Darkness, Scaglietty will score an easy win over the entire TSAB, Tohma will grow as a vengeful Magical Tarzan and the Huckebein will ...well, it's not like things will be too different for them, they'll just trash another group of heroes effortlessly instead of Section Six. Curren won't have a commander toy toplay with at best xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-05, 05:02   Link #5648
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
There was that one Momoko/Lindy fic.
Old 2012-02-05, 05:02   Link #5649
rxrx

Well, I think Chrono can solve both the Precia case and the Book of Darkness case, but the outcome will definetly be not pretty. Most probably you will have a dead Precia and Fate and Hayate will become frozen. Case can still be solve but... not happy ending for anyone at all.

Jail might screw up Mid-Childa, but I believe the TSAB is not made up of Nanoha and friends only, so there will be people being able to deal with Jail but again, it would be ugly with many dying and suffering.

Touma will not become vengeful magical tarzen as his magic ability is kinda low. Without the Eclipse, I think he only has a C rank Linker core. However, he might just turn to guns, AMFs and other weapons that the TSAB forbids and become something like the Punisher. Who knows.

As for the Hucks, it would be likely that Chrono or some others will deal with them so still not too bad I guess since people are dying anyway.
Old 2012-02-05, 05:17   Link #5650
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Even Chrono's Weak But Skilled powers have a limit. I agree with you in that he probably would be able to solve the Precia incident if he's willing to injure her and Fate. The Book of Darkness case will be a bloodbath once the Wolkenritter gets pushed into stop holding back and start go lethal on their opponents, at the end the Lieze Twins will probably outsmart then anyways, get absorbed into the book and then Hayate will get frozen ...which won't be of any help as we see Durandal failing to contain the Book of Darkness in A's after all xDU.

...If Chrono somehow manages to survive that or they found a way to get rid of Hayate and the Book temporarily(without Reinforce sealed the Wolks will just jump to the next world and master as Graham's plan was destined to failure since the very beginning xDU), he then will need to face Scaglietti's troops which will have less opossition without the special training of RF6. Oh yeah, Subaru will probably get severe burn scars and a big trauma(i doubt she will die in the fire since she's a cyborg xDU) so her personality will be much different, not to mention the doomed fates of Erio and Caro. Zest will probably be the one who curbstomps Chrono or Schach.

If that somehow ends solved Chrono will be now challenged by the Huckebeins, fortunately, Chrono isn't a chivalriously foolish knight so he'll probably would be wise enough to retreat and analize the situation sneding the Combat Cyborgs to fight them while he moves connections to devise effective counter methods to attack Eclipse Drivers xD

Chrono for President xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-05, 05:23   Link #5651
rxrx

Well, the TSAB definetly will have more than just Nanoha and friends as fighting force to maintain amininstration no. Sure, they might not be as merciful as Nanoha, but they can get the job done as well. It is just that the outcome will not be as good as what we have seen, that's all. Of yeah, Chrono for president!

But back on topic, I'm looking foward to the possible rematch of Cypher and Signum. Though it may turn out to be the case of fighting the Grandel and Verdin in the end though.
Old 2012-02-05, 05:44   Link #5652
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ A rematch between those two is becoming more and more unlikely as the story progresses and things seems to head into the "arkward alliance of the Huckebein and Section Six to fight the true bad guys" route xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-05, 07:39   Link #5653
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I am always against pulling the Mary Sue card on canon characters. The term was designed for use on fanfiction characters, not canon characters and since it's never been fully defined what makes a character a Mary Sue, it's a terrible guideline to begin with. Any character in the Nanohaverse can be classified a Mary Sue.

I'm also rather amused that one of the points of critique against Force suddenly changed from "Force is too slow" to now being "Force is too fast."

Really guys? Are we sure we're not just actively searching for things to bash here?
Old 2012-02-05, 08:10   Link #5654
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Are we sure we're not just actively searching for things to bash here?
You mean that isn't the whole point of forum discussions (in general)?
Old 2012-02-05, 08:13   Link #5655
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yeah, it went from 'hmm, Thoma's background could had been fleshed out more' to 'hmm, why is it that everyone in the Nanoha Family wants to get a piece of Thomancake the moment Subaru decided he was gonna get adopted.'

Obviously someone needs to pass a law to stop the ridiculous adoption rate in Nanoha.

[/sarcasm]

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 09:37   Link #5656
rxrx

It is supposed to work for fiction. I think it is bad to bash characters mindlessly but some of the err 'fanbase' just love to do it. Many bash Chrono, Yunno and Touma just because they are male. Sure, I've read some crack fics which feature them pairing up with the materials, the aces and even Einhart and Vivio but that has not happen in canon.

As for adoption rate? Pretty hard. I'm not too sure about this as I might have mixed up Triangle Hearts and Lyrical nanoha lore, but Nanoha's family is almost adopted. Kyouya is the son of Shiro and his first wife, Miyuki is the daughter of Shiro's younger sister whom he adopts and only Nanoha is full blood related to Shiro and Momoko. Since the main character's family is like this, the others are also heavy on the adopton stuff as well.
Old 2012-02-05, 14:17   Link #5657
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm not against adoption, after all one of the messages of the whole series is that people can be family no matter blood relations and circunstances(The Huckebein being the newer example). But it has been played more believably before.

Still i'll give the benefit of the doubt to Tohma's situation until the manga ends, he still have some time to flesh out his background and personal life a bit more.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-02-05, 15:08   Link #5658
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Sure, I've read some crack fics which feature them pairing up with the materials, the aces and even Einhart and Vivio but that has not happen in canon.
Probably because the Materials aren't in this story or time-line (which is a shame, but still), the Aces probably aren't cougars, and we haven't seen how he'd interact with Vivio or Einhart as close friends yet.

I think Touma's maleness has been working against him too, but that's a bit much. There's little on-screen romance in general with this series.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 11:21   Link #5659
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I finally noticed, there's no NEXT design this month right?

EDIT: Oh silly me, i finally found it, it's Subaru's Sword Breaker and the scene seems to be from Ch. 9 during the assault to the Esquad Huckebein.

It's the design 22 so probably this is the last design of the 2nd wave. Hoping in expectation to see if there will be a third one xD

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-02-08 at 11:45.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:57   Link #5660
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Saw that one. Have to agree with the commenter who wondered WTH was up with Subaru's expression.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force