AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-09, 06:04   Link #2581
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
@ Xaturas - What do you mean HNA becomes poo? It's fine.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 11:06   Link #2582
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Xaturas - What do you mean HNA becomes poo? It's fine.
I said that I was considering reading it but SOMEONE here in one of the previous 90 pages of thread said that Hidan No Aria becomes shitty after volume 4.
I myself don't know how much of that is true.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:27   Link #2583
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I said that I was considering reading it but SOMEONE here in one of the previous 90 pages of thread said that Hidan No Aria becomes shitty after volume 4.
I myself don't know how much of that is true.
It's a matter of preference... Vol11 at least was Epic. Some people prefer to not have magic in that setting whole others prefer otherwise.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 16:45   Link #2584
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Honestly, it's better than most harem series of it's kind. At least Aria eases up on the abuse later.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 18:34   Link #2585
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
said that Hidan No Aria becomes shitty after volume 4.
Uhm, really? I think it's the opposite though.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:19   Link #2586
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Good to know, then maybe I will read it later, still translation is like 5-6 volumes behind anyway.
Sad though that theres no new info in IS section about is ^^.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 23:33   Link #2587
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
No new book as of now We'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:51   Link #2588
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
A question: Have the novels ever said anything about the girl's favorite food or flavor? Wondering what kind of ice cream/crepe the girls would order if given a choice.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:55   Link #2589
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A question: Have the novels ever said anything about the girl's favorite food or flavor? Wondering what kind of ice cream/crepe the girls would order if given a choice.
Never said The only thing we got so far is that the girls seem to like foreign food like Charlotte saying she loves German sweets.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:04   Link #2590
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Never said The only thing we got so far is that the girls seem to like foreign food like Charlotte saying she loves German sweets.
If possible, the Japanese original? Not sure what kind of sweets is being discussed.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:13   Link #2591
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
If possible, the Japanese original? Not sure what kind of sweets is being discussed.
Japanese sweets were never mentioned. Cecilia was noted for having a sweet tooth and that it would affect her weight, so Rin offered to make some Chinese sweets for her that wouldn't increase her weight. Still no specifics mentioned and they just said "sweets".
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:19   Link #2592
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Still no specifics mentioned and they just said "sweets".
I think you misunderstood. What I meant was: "What word was used to mean sweet in the original Japanese?"
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:26   Link #2593
Eratas123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Sorry, that I don't know. It's been a while since I read the novels.
__________________
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:51   Link #2594
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I'm not an expert in English, but 'sweets' give me the impression of candy (飴玉, キャンデー). I'm guessing here, but the word used was probably お菓子 (okashi) (which means snacks to me, usually sweetened stuff but not necessary so)
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:28   Link #2595
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm not an expert in English, but 'sweets' give me the impression of candy (飴玉, キャンデー). I'm guessing here, but the word used was probably お菓子 (okashi) (which means snacks to me, usually sweetened stuff but not necessary so)
Japanese usually call the foods exact name..and not the category one
It's amusing if somehow they use general term for some food like : Soba
and ended up have all kind of Soba in their table

-------------------------

somehow I wonder why Cecilia hasn't realize yet about her Sweet Foods, she didn't sample any of hers? or just have a weird taste in her Tongue

remind me to the unique trait of several girl in Anime/LN/Manga world that "Clever" at some theory knowledge yet "Dunce/Idiot" in basic practical knowledge aka. Cooking

example:
1.Himeji Mizuki, Akira Yoshii (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu)
2.Akane Tendou (Ranma 1/2)
3.etc
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 10:58   Link #2596
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indonesia,Jember
say guys,sorry for breaking the mood here.....
i just got the info {well actually it's a long time.but i trusted in izuru} that IS LN didin't get to publish again cause some internal problem between izuru and his publisher.....
and in yaoran blog said that IS didn't get to release it's vol 8 and had a cliffhanger in vol 7 ...............

is it true ? well i just need the answer yes/no cs i believe all of you know more than me

I stll trusted Izuru,i still trusted IS LN, and i still believe if that rumor just a bullshit !!


Sorry for the bad english ....
elebarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 11:05   Link #2597
jekroland
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
is there hope that the novel can be read by people who dont know how to read jap like me huh
jekroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:41   Link #2598
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekroland View Post
is there hope that the novel can be read by people who dont know how to read jap like me huh
Oh yeah, there is. There's a wonderful website called Baka-Tsuki.org which hosts translations.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 22:09   Link #2599
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by elebarna View Post
say guys,sorry for breaking the mood here.....
i just got the info {well actually it's a long time.but i trusted in izuru} that IS LN didin't get to publish again cause some internal problem between izuru and his publisher.....
and in yaoran blog said that IS didn't get to release it's vol 8 and had a cliffhanger in vol 7 ...............

is it true ? well i just need the answer yes/no cs i believe all of you know more than me

I stll trusted Izuru,i still trusted IS LN, and i still believe if that rumor just a bullshit !!


Sorry for the bad english ....
there's more than one publisher on Japan, so don't worry,

Mind if I ask you where you get that info? some website can't be trusted for it's accuracy, and sometimes people can have a wrong info because of them
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 02:22   Link #2600
elebarna
DXD_Oppai universe
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Indonesia,Jember
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
there's more than one publisher on Japan, so don't worry,

Mind if I ask you where you get that info? some website can't be trusted for it's accuracy, and sometimes people can have a wrong info because of them
well i got that info in here :
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6972.html
http://figyuamonogatari.blogspot.com...1/news-is.html

and some blog for my country, in there it said that izuru is being a lavishy man.
it proves in his twit that after IS become popular he buyed a house,game console,and many more that make the other people annoyed by his action.
and it said that he got trouble with the fans,the script for vol 8 which had done get abandoned by him and remake vol 8 to prove to the fans what he is capable too.
unfornately the relation beetwen him and his ilustrator didn't get well and in the end his ilustrator quit being izuru ilustrator. and plus his relation with MF bunko was bad.he become arrogant and wanted more money to his LN.and finally ? he got kicked with MF bunko and that makes IS LN end at vol 7.

the evidence is,IS LN book didn't hae a restock again....
and also before you said there're other publisher right ? unfornately the parent company from MF bunko is kadokawa group which is monopolyze 90% of LN industry in japan.if izuru make a contract with other publisher that had no connection with kadokawa group.....i'm sure that publisher will done off....

So that's why i really hoped if that info just a bullshit
cz if IS Ln had a cligghanger like that,the fans like us in here can have a rage and even MF bunko could get an hacked from anonymous
elebarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.