AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-22, 13:33   Link #41
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
So I think its better to put Energy Deflection armor instead of Trans Phase 1
Old 2004-12-22, 14:16   Link #42
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
So I think its better to put Energy Deflection armor instead of Trans Phase 1
Where are you getting this "energy deflection" armor from? Anyway, as long as we're on stuff not from the CE universe, I'd say make MS out of the stuff Wolverine has. What's it called?...Admantium or something?

I actually don't like the direction that the series is going with regards to MS and their technology. In the beginning of SEED, they made it out like MS were pretty hard to destroy, and that they had the power of battleships. But now, a Jinn is just cannon fodder.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 14:21   Link #43
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s
Where are you getting this "energy deflection" armor from? Anyway, as long as we're on stuff not from the CE universe, I'd say make MS out of the stuff Wolverine has. What's it called?...Admantium or something?

I actually don't like the direction that the series is going with regards to MS and their technology. In the beginning of SEED, they made it out like MS were pretty hard to destroy, and that they had the power of battleships. But now, a Jinn is just cannon fodder.
My fault, I called those two shields that the Forbidden has energy deflection armour, since I couldn't think of a better name, and I was too lazy to check, and it does kinda make sense.
Old 2004-12-22, 20:31   Link #44
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Nice I want 1 too
Old 2004-12-22, 22:19   Link #45
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

The deflectors are called Geshmeidig Panzer. It's classified as energy deflection armor so that's where Raxtenko got it from [Panzer also means "armor]. It uses mirage colloid to arc beams away from the suit itself. It's primary defense is Trans Phase armor though.

Kikko, in the beginning MS were hard to destroy with mobile armors, because mobile armors aren't as manueverable as mobile suits. Now that naturals have the ability to use mobile suits, you are going to see a lot more get destroyed. The only thing that can easily take out a mobile suit is another mobile suit [not counting ships]. That's the case in every single Gundam series.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 10:18   Link #46
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

But Some weapons cannot be deflected right...... This Not Include Weapons Like Missles or any projectile type of weapons....
I remember seeing yellowish Beam that cannot be deflected or was that green.. Damn already forget about it
Old 2004-12-23, 14:49   Link #47
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
But Some weapons cannot be deflected right...... This Not Include Weapons Like Missles or any projectile type of weapons....
I remember seeing yellowish Beam that cannot be deflected or was that green.. Damn already forget about it
Well, it's an energy deflector, so it only deflects beam weapons. Missiles, railgun shots, and other solid projectiles aren't affected by Geshmeidig Panzer.

Hyperion's Armure Lumiere lightwave barrier can defend against any conventional attack be it beam or projectile, but there are ways to break through. Both Canard and Gai managed to break through it in two different ways. The tactical arms backpack of Blue Frame Second L is treated with an anti-beam coating that allowed it to cut through the barrier in sword mode [Gai destroyed Hyperion Unit 3]. Canard used one of the lightwave emitters in his Hyperion Unit 1 to form a spear and used it to pierce the lightwave barrier used by Unit 2. After defeating Unit 2, Canard hauled the wreck off to use it as spare parts. This info came from Keith Rhee and Mark Simmons in a topic on Hyperion at gundamwatch.com.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 01:34   Link #48
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

No there's a word i'm finally looking for "SALVAGE" usually that way we can get unique parts