AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-12, 18:30   Link #1
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

LF new suggestions.

Hard to name one or two specific genres since I could be bother to watch everything as it somehow is good or somehow matches my taste.

A small list of what I like, and I've seen dozens of animeseries:

Mirai nikki,
Full Metal Alchemist,
Monster,
GTO,
Bakemonogatari/nisemonogatari,
Fate series,
samurai champloo,
Last Exile series,
ef,
spice and wolf,
higurashi no naku koro ni (which I really liked),
not to forget death note as well.

Anyways, as long as it's a good show I'll probably watch it. but I'm not into the real girly stuff, it rarely happens I watch one of those and finish a full episode.

Hope there's some suggestions out there i haven't seen yet (and I've been checking the threads once in a while to see if I missed something).
Old 2012-02-12, 19:24   Link #2
kitten320

Hard to recommend anything when you say you have seen bunch... so for now I'll just name my faves:
Ghost Hunt - since you liked Monster you might like this since series have detective line in it with some mystery. Super natural stuff is included.

Shiki are nice series about vampires. From same author as Ghost Hunt.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom are nice series about assasins.

Ga-Rei Zero can seem girly but show gets darker in second half. If you have watched and liked Berserk, it is worth a try. If you didn't watch Berserk, then you have to^^

Baccano! has very unique story telling style, worth a watch.

Not sure if this will work but Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin are good, emotional series.

The sword of a stranger is a good movie with great sword action.

Steins;Gate has mystery and suspense factor. Though it gets really interesting in second half.

Claymore are good action series in my opinion.

Madoka Magica looks girly but it has dark tone to it. If you won't like it after episode 3, it is not your anime.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai is one of my favorite romance comedies which is on the edge of being a harem but isn't.

Only saw one season so far and a movie but I like Major which is sport anime about baseball.

Also since you like Bakemonogatari, you might want to try Mawaru Penguindrum because of unusual style.

Hope you haven't seen all of that and that you will find something of your interest.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:39   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

How about these or these?
Old 2012-02-12, 19:40   Link #4
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye, definitely go for Steins;Gate: It's about a group of freshly acquainted friends who manage to send messages to the past with a microwave/cellphone thing. They'll have to face the consequences of their discovery, since... I cannot spoil anything else, since the awesomeness of this anime relies on mistery and surprise. It has an awesome concept of time travel, because the story is really plausible, and theorically even possible (even tho ye, there is some fantasy in it just to make the plot entertain its public). It even contains an awesome romance, that is slow on the start tho. I found the animation pretty splendid, it is serious (there are no over-funny scenes with character's faces strech'd in some smile, or chibi figures or anything that you could find in any comedy anime), but even being a bit dark, the protagonist is so cool that will entertain you very much. The first episode will ignite your interest for it, making it a must watching the second, and the third and so on. The first episode may even confuse you a bit, but it's okay: you are meant to be confused. Everything gets clarified, sooner or later.

PS: in case the protagonist confuses you at the beginning (you may hear him talking about organizations or giving himself weird nicknames) just know that he's joking. That's why he's cool haha. You'll get to know him. Here is a pic of the cast:
Spoiler for pic:

Even tho the protagonist may look older (like in his twenties), he's 18, like the others.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:29   Link #5
Practical joke
...completely lost it...

@ kitten320, I actually saw all of them already except for rainbow. I'll have a look at it.

@Seijisensei, I've seen a fair ammount of them, but there are a few names new to me. Will definately take a look at some of them.

@classified info, I've seen Steins gate while it was airing, I try to keep up with the new releases.

@ all, thanks a lot so far, there are a few shows I haven't seen and have caught my interest of watching.
Closed Thread