AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-11, 04:01   Link #241
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Last episode was really pointless and quite boring. I have no clue how anyone could find a masked dude rumbling for 5 minutes randomly about who is S and who M funny...

As for Karuta needed puppy ears, would fit her a lot more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for scan:
LOL@nopan
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:34   Link #242
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 22
They sure do love focusing on Riri's cute little butt.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:55   Link #243
Texas84
よろしく
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia USA
Would love to see the ED performed live. That would be intense.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:22   Link #244
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Last episode was really pointless and quite boring. I have no clue how anyone could find a masked dude rumbling for 5 minutes randomly about who is S and who M funny....
What you say makes sense, but why then did I enjoy the episode so much? His ramblings didn't feel funny to me, it's true, but they did seem ridiculous. So there was a nice tension between his sadistic and overbearing side and his ridiculous side. His presence as an overbearing fiance would have just made me feel she was in danger, but with the ridiculousness, that pressure was somewhat relieved. And we did get hints that there was more to him than his overbearing/ridiculous surface.
__________________
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:22   Link #245
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan:
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:58   Link #246
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Poor, poor, Watanuki...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:00   Link #247
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Indeed....it's surprising he actually survived childhood...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 03:58   Link #248
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
What you say makes sense, but why then did I enjoy the episode so much? His ramblings didn't feel funny to me, it's true, but they did seem ridiculous. So there was a nice tension between his sadistic and overbearing side and his ridiculous side. His presence as an overbearing fiance would have just made me feel she was in danger, but with the ridiculousness, that pressure was somewhat relieved. And we did get hints that there was more to him than his overbearing/ridiculous surface.
My problem is that fanservice minimizes or completely eliminates the plot in this show... but this has no impact on whether one enjoys it or not... enjoyable shows do not need to be to good in any way
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 11:18   Link #249
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
I'm so confuse does this series give us the reason why yamada ran away from home to works now at a family restaurant...

Anyways, didn't like the first few episodes, felt like it was done before, but the latest episode and especially the ED did made me smile a bit. Might drop it might not, depends on the other series that i am still sampling.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 11:27   Link #250
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm so confuse does this series give us the reason why yamada ran away from home to works now at a family restaurant...
That's because of a lolicon male kitsune patronizing her, while a raging lesbian was taking photos of her nopan to sell them in anime magazines
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:59   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
My problem is that fanservice minimizes or completely eliminates the plot in this show... but this has no impact on whether one enjoys it or not... enjoyable shows do not need to be to good in any way....
I actually don't get the idea that fanservice is somehow eliminating plot here. I think what I am most enjoying is Ririchiyo's feelings and the way she can't help reacting in contrary ways. I don't know whether that falls under the heading of "plot" or "fanservice" or neither. In any case, I'm sure I'm missing something, but this show seems to me to have minimal fanservice, compared to many others.

If an enjoyable show doesn't have to be "good," then what does "good" mean, except maybe adhering to some set of preconceived intellectual patterns that makes us feel better about liking this stuff? I sometimes feel like a complete Philistine, but I'm happy enough to let popular literature be popular literature, which I think aims mainly at serving up satisfying emotions.
__________________
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 15:12   Link #252
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
To be honest I've grown a bit weary of Ririchiyou thinking the same damn things over and over and over and over and over (and over and over and over...) but I do like the comedy even thougn it could be better. I actually chuckled quite a bit at the whole S & M naming scene.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 18:09   Link #253
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Wait, I thought this was one of the most plot-relevant episodes so far. Granted I know what's coming next, but be careful before you dismiss an episode as just a random digression. Some pretty important set-up occurred here, behind all the S&M antics.

Next episode Watanuki x Karuta <3 so excited...

Also Square Enix is an S but Aniplex is an M. David Production is listed as "M orz". Who knew.
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 20:01   Link #254
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I actually don't get the idea that fanservice is somehow eliminating plot here. I think what I am most enjoying is Ririchiyo's feelings and the way she can't help reacting in contrary ways. I don't know whether that falls under the heading of "plot" or "fanservice" or neither. In any case, I'm sure I'm missing something, but this show seems to me to have minimal fanservice, compared to many others.
I meant all forms of fanservice, not just ecchi. The first drags for too long in each episode, while the later I never mind as long as it is part of the story or character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If an enjoyable show doesn't have to be "good," then what does "good" mean, except maybe adhering to some set of preconceived intellectual patterns that makes us feel better about liking this stuff? I sometimes feel like a complete Philistine, but I'm happy enough to let popular literature be popular literature, which I think aims mainly at serving up satisfying emotions.
good -> objective quality
enjoyable -> subjective preference

In this art/animation are OK, music I never noticed, characters after 5 eps feel as stereotypical as their descriptions before the show started, and there was no major plot development... it can always of course taking its time to build up for its second half, but that I can see without prior knowledge of the source... Instead it has a lot of fetish fuels for very different kind of fans... so as someone who likes ecchi can stand crap like Maken-ki or Manyuu, someone who is into ecchi, lolis, shoutas, shoujo/shounen ai, butlers, maids, love polygons, etc. is less critical for this one.

Nevertheless, this and BRS I think I end up judging too harsh because I expected to present themselves more seriously and try to be more ambitious, it's definitely not the first candidate for dropping

Anyway, here is some Oni-Riri that we all enjoy

Spoiler for NSFW:

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-02-12 at 20:26. Reason: Oni-Riri
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 23:03   Link #255
Kaoru Chujo
Sakura Ayane
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...good -> objective quality
enjoyable -> subjective preference....

Nevertheless, this and BRS I think I end up judging too harsh because I expected to present themselves more seriously and try to be more ambitious, it's definitely not the first candidate for dropping....
"Objective quality" is the term I have trouble with. To me, it seems to be referring to a set of objective characteristics that one can lay out in a paper for class, rather than to things that necessarily make me feel quality in a work.

But it's true that I probably judge this show too gently, because I had less than no expectations for it when the season started.
__________________
SAKURA Ayane 佐倉綾音 age 20. Dream Eater Merry; Hotarubi no Mori e (movie) Hotaru; Joshiraku Buratei Marii; NakaImo Miyabi; Kokoro Connect Yui's sister; Vividred Operation Akane; Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymion no Kiseki (movie) Ladylee; Aiura Mei; Love Lab "Eno"; il sole penetra le illusioni Fuyuna; Eccentric Family Kaisei; High School DxD New Gaspard; Kimi no Iru Machi Asuka; Non Non Biyori Natsumi; Tokyo Ravens Suzuka; Engaged to the Unidentified Nadeshiko; Pretty Rhythm All Star Selection: Prism Show Best Ten (movie) Ayami, Rinne; Selector Infected Wixoss Yuzuki; Dragonar Academy Silvia; Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? Kokoa; Knights of Sidonia Mozuku.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2014 previews | spring 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Nisekoi |Nobunaga the Fool | Wixoss | Isshuukan Friends | Brynhildr in the Darkness | Kanojo ga Flag wo Oretara | Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to | Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san | Soul Eater Not | No Game, No Life | Is the Order a Rabbit? | Nanana's Buried Treasure | Mekakucity Actors | Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei | Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou | Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Knights of Sidonia | Black Bullet
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 02:28   Link #256
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Mmm judging by the current pacing they might move some of the slice-of-lifey chapters from later in the manga to earlier in the timeline so they can finish the TV anime with the events of chapter 10 (since they're still covering exactly one chapter per episode). It's not looking like they plan on covering up to chapter 18 as I expected, which is a bit of a shame, since that would have thrown viewers for a real loop. This sort of change in story direction is difficult to adapt to anime pacing though, so I can understand. Ending on chapter 10 keeps the tone of the series the same, rather than generating severe mood whiplash in the season finale.

Uh... the point I was going to make is, if we get a second season and/or if they actually do cover up to chapter 18 in this season, nobody will be complaining about lack of plot development anymore.

This is not a plot spoiler, it's more of a meta note about the structure of the story. I don't know if that's still against the rules. If it is, someone can remove it, I guess.
Spoiler for Manga:
__________________
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 04:18   Link #257
Misdreavius
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Mmm judging by the current pacing they might move some of the slice-of-lifey chapters from later in the manga to earlier in the timeline so they can finish the TV anime with the events of chapter 10 (since they're still covering exactly one chapter per episode). It's not looking like they plan on covering up to chapter 18 as I expected, which is a bit of a shame, since that would have thrown viewers for a real loop. This sort of change in story direction is difficult to adapt to anime pacing though, so I can understand. Ending on chapter 10 keeps the tone of the series the same, rather than generating severe mood whiplash in the season finale.

Uh... the point I was going to make is, if we get a second season and/or if they actually do cover up to chapter 18 in this season, nobody will be complaining about lack of plot development anymore.

This is not a plot spoiler, it's more of a meta note about the structure of the story. I don't know if that's still against the rules. If it is, someone can remove it, I guess.
Spoiler for Manga:
So the story hasn't even begun yet? O.O

Now when will you guys get around to translating the rest of the manga chapters so the rest of the world can enjoy the whiplash as well?
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:50   Link #258
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
My problem is that fanservice minimizes or completely eliminates the plot in this show... but this has no impact on whether one enjoys it or not... enjoyable shows do not need to be to good in any way
I meant to write the same thing a few times, but then thought better of it. The show seems popular and I cant phantom why.

It consists 90% of moe, ecchi and different anime fetishes. Take that away and you are left with a few boring lines of dialogue... because the little plot there is, is not so outstanding at all.

Ok, here is my problem. I dont mind all that kawaiiness, cuteness, ecchiness, and other moe stuff..... but as far as Ririchiyos feelings go, I find it completely unrealistic and I fail to identify myself with her. Putting all the bullying issues from her childhood aside (I could write books about bullying)..... I dont understand why she is so grateful to her kitsune servant.

Because lets face it, all he does is flashy melodramatic love confessions. His declaration of devotion are so OVER THE TOP that it cant be possibly taken seriously. Actually, it sounds more like he is mocking her than that he is serious.

If they really wanted to persuade us that he is devoted to her beyond death and she has reason to be greatful for it, they would show us some deep plot development in which her past causes her to take wrong decisions and doubt him, but he would stick to her no matter what and prove himself to her.

Now that would be the right way of doing it. However, thats not what we get. All we get are empty sounding, dramatic and over the top declarations, that are ridiculous at best. And she is grateful for that.... aha... if you say so.

I wonder why I keep watching this show. I always tell myself this was the last epi I watched, but somehow end up watching the next again. It is a mystery...
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:57   Link #259
totoum
Backstop
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Because lets face it, all he does is flashy melodramatic love confessions. His declaration of devotion are so OVER THE TOP that it cant be possibly taken seriously
But it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Or at least I thought so
__________________
totoum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:05   Link #260
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Or at least I thought so
I see.... but what is she grateful for then, if he is says that only as a spoof and she doesnt take it seriously?
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.