AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 10:08   Link #7581
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm more amazed that Mavis hasn't noticed the hair strand by now and sent Flare a death glare from hell. More Mavis is always win - Mashima is capitalizing on how much everyone seems to like Mavis. Too bad she can't do magic...I'd love to see how she invokes Fairy Law (From tatical nuke to Hydro Bomb)

Lucy definitely come into her own now - seems like such a long hard road but it certainly feels refreshing to see how much our Lucy has grown. XD

Flare's only interesting to me because she's got big boobs but after all the Lucy and Erza we're used to, even that makes my reaction '...meh, she's got big boobs'... As soon as the hair came out, that one song by Will Smith's daughter came to mind: "I whip my hair back and forth~" XD

Biggest surprise of all - TAURUS WASN'T DISTRACTED BY FLARE'S SEXY!! 0.0

The thing is, just how STUPID can Flare be...? Honestly? *sigh* Both Bisca and Al can pick her off easy from that distance... We don't want angry MILF Bisca...

...wait a minute...

...On second thought, go RIGHT ahead Flare...XD
Old 2012-02-17, 10:26   Link #7582
orangejuicetang

On one hand, I was really expecting more from Flare, she's alot weaker than I expected.

On the other hand, if Flare uses her hair to fight, Lucy having Cancer actually gives her quite a large advantage/affinity.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 11:11   Link #7583
immblueversion

Weird how the crazy ones end up being less interesting than they look.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 12:55   Link #7584
sergel02

Loved this flawless chapter. Lucy actually fought well and the match was somewhat even matched. Loved the new clothes on her spirits (Taurus has clothes now!) and the new attacks.

Flare, THAT BITCH.

That's all I can use to describe her =]

Glad Lucy didn't lose in one chapter. Hope its at least a draw.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:05   Link #7585
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Not weird, more just rather disappointing.
I was expecting alot more from Flare but meh, hair power is not something I'm greatly fond of altho it can provide some interesting fights but so far we haven't realy gotten that from Flare.

Well either way, Flare is how do I put it.....think this sums it for me

Old 2012-02-17, 13:16   Link #7586
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Flare's much weaker than I thought, but she's damn sexy, psycho, and plays dirty.
She probably still has a lot of tricks she can do with her hair.

I LOVE HER!

She should definitely join FT!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:23   Link #7587
immblueversion

But let's take into account that Nulpding was also fighting dirty. Maybe it seems different now because that was not a battle he was fighting. So we can expect that these members of Raven Tail won't necessarily use battle skills to achieve whatever it is they're trying to do.

Old 2012-02-17, 16:18   Link #7588
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Tough the title for next week kinda gives it away, I'm still hoping Lucy wins (somehow her display of skill this chapter pushed me into being somewhat of a Lucy battle fan )
Also...I would totally love it if Mavis noticed the hair and gave Flare the loli glare of doom making her just freeze for a bit.

But seriously...what is Lucy worried about? Sure the hair is right infront of the girl but she also has 2 guild masters, her parents (Milf...Milf...HOT MILF BISKA) and a few others FT members right next to her.
Hell, even if she did manage to harm the kid, Flare would get the beating of her life from the very pissed of FT members.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:39   Link #7589
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Tough the title for next week kinda gives it away, I'm still hoping Lucy wins (somehow her display of skill this chapter pushed me into being somewhat of a Lucy battle fan )
But what if it's a different meaning? Like Gray, the "loser" of the previous contest, does something "noble" by somehow stopping Flare's hair from attacking Lucy's friends, allowing Lucy to pull through with something better than a loss? I don't know is such a meaning would apply to whatever the title is in Japanese, but still.

Old 2012-02-17, 16:41   Link #7590
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Also...I would totally love it if Mavis noticed the hair and gave Flare the loli glare of doom making her just freeze for a bit.

But seriously...what is Lucy worried about? Sure the hair is right infront of the girl but she also has 2 guild masters, her parents (Milf...Milf...HOT MILF BISKA) and a few others FT members right next to her.
Hell, even if she did manage to harm the kid, Flare would get the beating of her life from the very pissed of FT members.
Think the thing here is Lucy can count on the others cause if they had noticed they wouldn't have let it go unoticed as long as it did.
If anything as soon as that hair was there, either masters would have taken care of it but they didn't.
Altho my guess is one of them or even Mum or Dad will notice the hair and take get rid of it in abit anyway, plot dictates last minute saves for the tension and drama!
Now thats just more thinking too much about it all but fact is Lucy can't take the chance and knowing her she'd rather take a hit than let anything happen to Asuka.
And we can't really think even if Flare hurt Asuka she'd get a beating cause if so the fact she hurt Asuka has already happened and will weight heavily on someone like Lucy.
Old 2012-02-17, 16:50   Link #7591
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You know, spotting a strand of hair in a coliseum is slightly harder than it sounds, even if it's floating ( o_0) right next to you...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:56   Link #7592
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

But Master Mavis has shown us she has exceptional awareness when she detected Mistogun. BTW what is her deal...? Is anyone expecting her to do something more epic than "FS"??
Haha @ "A two gate opening...".
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 18:27   Link #7593
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You know, spotting a strand of hair in a coliseum is slightly harder than it sounds, even if it's floating ( o_0) right next to you...
Yet Lucy notices from half way across the stadium?
Then we've found out about one of Lucy's new super powers, super sight
Old 2012-02-17, 18:46   Link #7594
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yet Lucy notices from half way across the stadium?
Then we've found out about one of Lucy's new super powers, super sight
The bond between women and hair, it's very superhuman indeed.
Old 2012-02-17, 19:04   Link #7595
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Flare's much weaker than I thought, but she's damn sexy, psycho, and plays dirty.
She probably still has a lot of tricks she can do with her hair.
I agree with this soooooooooooooo much.

I've been quite a fan of her character design ever since she first appeared however many chapters ago, but her weakness is still somewhat dissapointing. Although your second sentence is making me think of perverted uses of her powers, which I hadn't even considered...

BAD MIND. BAD.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 20:42   Link #7596
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Of course she plays dirty, she's from Raven Tail - playing dirty is in the bylaws...

I like the chapter for Lucy kicking butt one-on-one and for Mavis goodness. Happy has been replaced for now as the mascot.

Not really interested in this new guy, he looks a lot like Ivan too...0.o or maybe he was made from the same 'Evil Look' template. Kudos if Gildartz warps in again to deal some damage to Ivan directly later on since they, you know, HATE each other...
Old 2012-02-17, 21:08   Link #7597
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not really interested in this new guy, he looks a lot like Ivan too...0.o or maybe he was made from the same 'Evil Look' template. Kudos if Gildartz warps in again to deal some damage to Ivan directly later on since they, you know, HATE each other...
And we still don't know the details behind Ivan other than that he did something so bad that he got kicked out of Fairy Tail, and now he wants revenge. That and he put DS lacrima in Laxus's body and now plans to take it out and sell it, which would kill Laxus. And he may or may not still think that Gajeel is spying on Fairy Tail when he's really spying on Raven Tail. And Gildarts hates him.

But all that should change soon.

Old 2012-02-17, 22:08   Link #7598
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Alright, I'm gonna catch fire for this, but it has to be done. Ahem: Wow, Lucy's in a real HAIRY situation with Flare huh? After all that she's done this chapter, the people here still want her to COMB OVER to Fairy Tail? Flare would be what Mira was in the past, a real HAIR raiser. I bet Flare's favorite story is, the turtle and the HAIR. If Lucy doesn't do something soon, even though her victory was HAIR today, it will be gone tomorrow. Those DREADed LOCKS of Flare...such a powerful ability, it'll cause SPLITs on your ENDs....hair puns.
Old 2012-02-17, 23:01   Link #7599
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Alright, I'm gonna catch fire for this, but it has to be done. Ahem: Wow, Lucy's in a real HAIRY situation with Flare huh? After all that she's done this chapter, the people here still want her to COMB OVER to Fairy Tail? Flare would be what Mira was in the past, a real HAIR raiser. I bet Flare's favorite story is, the turtle and the HAIR. If Lucy doesn't do something soon, even though her victory was HAIR today, it will be gone tomorrow. Those DREADed LOCKS of Flare...such a powerful ability, it'll cause SPLITs on your ENDs....hair puns.
Because you're worth it.

Old 2012-02-17, 23:49   Link #7600
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
except for Juvia
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen