AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 12:16   Link #10121
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
When women are fighting, it is best for men to stay out of it. Even if they are fighting over you.
Should I be so privileged to experience that, I think I'd just sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:32   Link #10122
Hera

lmao!! If I were the man, I'd feel so flattered

But... when your female siblings are fighting, as a brother, you SHOULD interfere -- pacify.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:46   Link #10123
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
But... when your female siblings are fighting, as a brother, you SHOULD interfere -- pacify.
Damn you sure have guts to interfere in that instance since it's highly likely that they would BOTH turn on you.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:48   Link #10124
Hera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Damn you sure have guts to interfere in that instance since it's highly likely that they would BOTH turn on you.
Oh no no, I mean if BOTH were your siblings
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:55   Link #10125
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Oh no no, I mean if BOTH were your siblings
Yes, I got that. You still need guts to get in the fight since, as you know, siblings are seen as capable of taking more pain than an outsider.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 01:22   Link #10126
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Should I be so privileged to experience that, I think I'd just sit back and enjoy the show.
They won't let you do that, sadly.

I know.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:34   Link #10127
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
They won't let you do that, sadly.
I know.
Yeah, instead of "sit back and enjoy the show," you should vanish from the scene
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:35   Link #10128
warita
Dai-Youkai

I have a question for you guys.

How do you feel about the saying "the way to a mens heart is through his stomache"?

Is it still valid these days? I mean, in the past guys were dependant on women to cook for them and even though I am sure pretty much everybody would enjoy a good cooking these days, its not like guys depend on women for food anymore.

Is it a big plus for you, if a girl can cook well? (I love to cook btw).

Last edited by warita; 2012-02-21 at 14:47.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:38   Link #10129
GDB

If they can cook well, then personally, yes. It's not like I can't cook, I just don't like to and don't especially find the taste of what I cook to be anything better than mediocre.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:52   Link #10130
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
If you love eating delicious food then yes. To me I'm kind of like a -meh-. So being able to cook well is not an outstanding attractive trait. I also have male friends who are super addicted to cooking and won't eat anyone's cooking except their own. I think it varies. I also have married friends who eat out every meal and are fine with it. ><"

I can cook, but my ex-gf couldn't; and I thought it was kind of cute. Well except the time she did try to cook and almost murdered me. Good thing I went to the kitchen with her. She put weeks-old spoiled raw meat that had obvious signs of decay and didn't notice it at all.

If that had botulism and I wasn't there, I may have died.

However a girlfriend who has no interest in cooking and doesn't cook even if it's a necessity, IS a big turn-off. I personally like to cook with someone. I have very short attention span in the kitchen and need someone to be there. Of course being a good cook is always a bonus than not being one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita
^ IS THAT SELF ADVERTISEMENT >: (, I'm gonna tell on you.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:11   Link #10131
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
How do you feel about the saying "the way to a mens heart is through his stomache"?
Not true at all My mom jokingly said, "The way to a man's heart is through his [feeling] hands"

I personally believe men are highly visual creatures :P

PS: I can't even cook for myself
Old 2012-02-21, 15:29   Link #10132
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

I can cook just fine myself (I don't do it often because of the time commitment), so it doesn't really wow me if a girl is also capable of cooking well. Honestly, cooking is something everyone should be able to do, rather than something that should be praised. The way to my heart is through a good personality, and the ability to cook is just a bonus.

But that doesn't mean I'd push a girl (or a guy) out of my kitchen if she wanted to make me some delicious food!
Old 2012-02-21, 15:39   Link #10133
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Not being able to cook (or having no intention to learn) would normally dissapoint me. Especially as I'm pretty into cooking, nutrition (the science) and health. It's not got much to do with the traditional vision of a woman being able to cook a good meal for her man, just that cooking is a skill you'd expect an independent person to have.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:45   Link #10134
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Not true at all My mom jokingly said, "The way to a man's heart is through his [feeling] hands"

I personally believe men are highly visual creatures :P
Or if you're a very technical man, the way to a man's heart is between the ribs. Preferably use objects of less than 10mm (3/8") dia. Wear gloves.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 16:34   Link #10135
monsta666

After a long day I am often quite hungry and it is annoying when there is nothing in the fridge and I just cannot be bothered to cook a meal! So yes, it would be very nice to have someone who could cook a nice meal and not only that, have someone to chat with while having my meal. Eating while having dinner is a great way to catch up, too bad I don't do it nearly enough!

Is it a way into my heart? It certainly helps especially if I am ill and really need something good like a lemon tea to make me feel better. At the end of the day it is the little things here and there that make the big difference.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 16:54   Link #10136
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
cooking is a skill you'd expect an independent person to have.
I'm independent. I live on campus. I still survive

Guys, how about GUYS who can cook? If you already know how, it doesn't matter whether your women can cook, right?
Old 2012-02-21, 17:29   Link #10137
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Guys, how about GUYS who can cook? If you already know how, it doesn't matter whether your women can cook, right?
I'm anticipating a traditional marriage where I work and my wife stays home and takes care of the family (and my girlfriend has indicated she expects that too). If I come home after a long day and have to make dinner for everyone on top of that, I'm going to be a little bummed.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:10   Link #10138
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
I'm independent. I live on campus. I still survive

I believe everybody should be able to take care of himself and these days there really isnt a reason for a guy to starve, when he is on his own.

But I think I have been misunderstood a little. I didnt mean to say, that the love should stem from dependance on the woman, because she knows how to cook while the guy cant. In fact, I established the fact that this is no longer the case in the modern day and age.

I was rather interested in finding out, how important a good cooking skills is to guys? Does a girl appeal to you more when she knows how to cook? Do you consider it romantic to get a meal served that was cooked with love? That kind of thing...
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 18:36   Link #10139
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post

How do you feel about the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomache"?
Must have been referring to me. Hmmm, food! I'm pretty laidback about my standards though. A lass could be an absolutely horrible cook, and long as she was skilled and competent in other areas I'd still love her. Of course, being a looker really helps.

Quote:
Any kind of independent skill is a plus for me. I want my partner to be happy, and for someone I can respect and not have to dote over all the time.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 18:57   Link #10140
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm not really sure that there ever was any truth to that statement. Even if a woman is able to cook really wonderful food, it's not like a man will re-evaluate his feelings about her purely because of her cooking. He may want to eat more of her food, and it may further improve the man's opinion of the woman, but he won't be smitten over her purely because of something tasty.

Quote:
Of course it matters. While it may not matter as much for couples that take on traditional gender roles, my wife and I are both busy people. When I'm too busy, she handles the cooking; when she's too busy, I handle it. We take that approach to other household chores, as well. It's a team effort, as a relationship should be. If my wife were unable to cook, then we'd likely try to specialize who does what chores a bit more, but it would be a bit more difficult on me. Having two people who are both capable of doing all tasks makes resource allocation and task accomplishment much easier.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom