AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 28.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-17, 00:03   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Shakugan no Shana III, Episode 19.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 14:04   Link #2
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
OH. MY. GAAAWD. Johann, you have the voice of an ANGEL. <3

I loved the episode, and, finally, Pheles and Johann had made an appearance. I melted when Johann spoke. Like, literally, I kept sliding down on my chair until my face was level with my desk.

The part where Shana said "Yuji, you idiot!" over and over was pretty cute. I guess that most of the characters here are overpowered when their emotions are high.

Final thoughts: *melted in my chair* =w=
Kaskodiona is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 14:58   Link #3
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Man this episode is awesome...

I especially liked the moment when Shana punched Yuji in the face and called him an idiot...

Not to mention the moment when Yuji fought with Johann has been pretty awesome as well, and when was the last time Yuji lost his composure like that, even if it has been only for a small moment.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm more wondering about the preview of the next episode is, since from the looks of it Yuji is doing something that he hasn't done before - based on the preview I'm guessing that he's casting some kind of spell that isn't a Fuzetsu for the first time - well that wouldn't be a supine, especially since after merging with the SoH Yuji definitely learned some other spells besides the Fuzetsu, still it makes me wonder what that spell does, especially considering that, he should be in the middle of his fight with Shana at that moment...
Chris38 is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 15:51   Link #4
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I can only say "FALCON PUNCH!" when Shana goes "Yuji no Bakaaaa!!!"
Elf song is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 16:46   Link #5
liquidblueocean
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Great episode, it's really starting to heat up now! It's emotion is a long shot from the plain characters and emotions of the boring big war episodes.

The war story could have easily skipped from when Shana escapes, straight to when Yuji makes the tower and all the Denizens arrive. After so much effort to retrieve his "body", it doesn't really feature in the plot.

It's my opinion that no highly emotional scenes really happened in between Shana escaping and Yuji returning to Misaki. Maybe people who were lucky enough to be able to read the books would comprehend more, but all I felt was robotic characters fighting.
liquidblueocean is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 17:19   Link #6
DeusExDiablous
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
This episode is WIN, I love'd the part when Shana screams out "BAKA, BAKA BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at Yuji =D
DeusExDiablous is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 17:35   Link #7
elior
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
forget about the crying lady i wish someone will kill this crazy researcher once and for all he annoying
elior is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 19:24   Link #8
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
Looking forward to watching it tonight!!
syke123 is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 20:42   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Umm... is Carmel in love with Pheles? I'm confused...
__________________
HayashiTakara is online now  
Old 2012-02-17, 20:59   Link #10
Senshigeia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lusitania
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Umm... is Carmel in love with Pheles? I'm confused...
I think she is referring to Mathilde - rejected as a friend I suppose.

Anyway 10/10! Shana's "Baka" were fantastic, as well as Johan's words. I think it's the first time Yuji SnH has lost his composure, and I might say Shana also. She crying over Yuji not believing her. Anyway can't wait for next week! And finally Ernest in the preview.
__________________


Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 21:21   Link #11
ElricKeyblade
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I'm sorry, but was anyone else laughing at the part where that van was sailing behind Yuji (Like E.T.'s bike or something o.o) and then Johann and Pheles were all, "See ya!" and jumped in? It looked like they were all going out to have a nice little joyride and hit up a club or something. XP And then when Khamsin attacked them outta nowhere: "Hey guys, mind if I join?"

HAHAHAAHAH!!

Other than that though, AWESOME episode. Though I'm starting to sympathize with Yuji more and get a wee bit annoyed with Shana, strangely...
__________________
ElricKeyblade is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 21:34   Link #12
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Shana punching Yuji was great. Pheles and Johan make there appearance and a quick getaway! So di Johan imply that there was a final part to Yuji's plan that he hasn't announced yet?
__________________
ars89 is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 21:36   Link #13
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: a room full of despair
Age: 25
Man Yuji really doesnt know how to handle girls, that scene in the beginning was fantastic!
The whole episode was just great, Yohan vs Yuji was very cool and seeing Yuji's resolve waver for the first time this season was something to see. The end is near...I dont want to see it ;_;
__________________
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA?
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 22:24   Link #14
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
What reward does Hyakki Yakou obtain in return of helping to extract Pheles, Johan and Kazumi, out of Altar Shrine of the Celebratory Ruler? Or rather, they are forced to work with Pheles? Why is Pheles bringing Kazumi along with them?
__________________
alvinkhorfire is offline  
Old 2012-02-17, 22:43   Link #15
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Yoshida will die when she uses this -->
Yoshida doesn't die when she uses it (insert excuse)

Johan is gonna extract Reiji Maigo -->
Johan decides not to extract Reiji Maigo (no real reason)

( ; ^ω^ )...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2012-02-18, 03:55   Link #16
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yoshida will die when she uses this -->
Yoshida doesn't die when she uses it (insert excuse)

Johan is gonna extract Reiji Maigo -->
Johan decides not to extract Reiji Maigo (no real reason)

( ; ^ω^ )...
1. She would have died earlier in the series but now there is so much POE flowing around that Yoshida had mercy.

2. Maybe attempting to extract the RM at this point in time would incite the wrath of the entire nation whats for sure is that they are master trolls.

But seriously how many people does Yuji have residing in him? I'm half expecting his long lost twin brother to pop up any moment now.
__________________

Last edited by Crontica; 2012-02-18 at 08:17.
Crontica is offline  
Old 2012-02-18, 06:07   Link #17
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
So the last volume's story starts at the second half of this episode. Only 5 left.

The ring Shana used, Corde, isn't that the one belonged to the Tomogara from season 2 episode 3?

So Shana finally did the famous thing a lot of anime girls do in which when the guy she likes hurt her feelings the girl cries while hitting him and screaming "baka".

Last edited by AP24; 2012-02-18 at 08:29.
AP24 is offline  
Old 2012-02-18, 10:30   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
not a very exciting episode.... but I'll give this 10/10 because of "YUJI NO BAKAAAA" scene...
aww.... I really get Shana's point.... It's like Yuji is thinking too much about establishing their relationship... Shana only want a simple school life with Yuji while Yuji thinks about erasing Shana's role as Flame Haze....

Pheles and Johan are appearing and make everything become more chaotic
yeah! Johan already give us a clue about how Yuji will end up after Xanadu's creation
and that's why Johan give him a very important lecture about love.... (because Yuji admits he's bad at love)

anyone can explain two things to me??
How can Johan come out from Reiji Maigo?? (is this part of Pheles' plan?)If he can do it anytime, why he isn't do it earlier?? and what is the meaning of Yuji lost his analyze ability?? (hopefully it's not a bad subs) Is that means he's smart at making plan because of Johan's presence in Reiji Maigo?

Wilhelmina feels rejected and left out.... lol
and don't worry, Tomogara's team... I also don't get any idea sbout Flame Haze plan... lol
next episode.... the left out Flame Haze squad will enter the battlefield
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline  
Old 2012-02-18, 10:46   Link #19
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 26
Wow, great episode! 9/10.

Shana's emotional outburst in the beginning was great. Hearing Yuji's 'reason' for not being able to be with her ('saving' the tomogara and granting Sakai Yuji's wish at the same time) finally made her emotions go haywire. Why can't he believe in their love?! Why is he throwing their love away for something like that?! Yuji seems honestly scared when she attacks at that moment. He is confronted with her feelings and her rage at the same time. I guess this is the power of love.

Yuji's and Johan's talk was very interesting as well. Johan acknowledges that Yuji is doing everything out of love and he doesn't mind Yuji's means of doing so (creating Xanadu and removing the tomogara from this world so Shana doesn't have to fight anymore), but he doesn't agree with 'Sakai Yuji's' end. It seems that Yuji is planning on taking punishment after reaching his goal. He decided that he has to do what he can for Shana, but that he can't be forgiven for doing everything he did and that he can't be allowed to have 'happiness' because of it. This probably means that he's not expecting to end up with Shana in the end.

Johan, as someone who believes that love has the power to accomplish anything, doesn't see this as love. He even says that Yuji is underestimating love. He thinks Yuji is conflicting himself by saying that he's doing everything for Shana, because he's making said girl suffer at the same time. He thinks Yuji's way of thinking is too shallow, because nobody would be happy in the end. Yuji wouldn't be able to be with Shana. This in turn would make Shana unhappy. Shana being unhappy would make Yuji unhappy as well. So in the end both of them wouldn't be content with this outcome.

Yuji completely lost his composure though when Johan asked him why he seems to be so certain that Shana won't accept his plan, while he didn't even tell her everything about it. Johan confronts him with the fact that Yuji hasn't paid enough attention to her and that he didn't even try to make her understand. This seems to hurt Yuji quite a bit and he looks quite quilty as well.

Yuji is too stubborn to listen to him and continues with his plan after Johan leaves though. I guess the rest is up to Shana. She's the only one with enough hold over his heart to talk him out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Umm... is Carmel in love with Pheles? I'm confused...
Wilhelmina wanted to help Pheles when she came to Misaki City during season 2, because they are friends. Pheles in turn didn't ask Wilhelmina for help and even fooled her twice to retrieve the Reiji Maigo.

Now Pheles suddenly appears before her with some kind of plan, but she didn't tell Wilhelmina about it at all. And she even leaves right away without telling Wilhelmina anything except 'I'm sorry', again giving Wilhelmina no chance to help her friend.

Wilhelmina feels rejected/betrayed and left behind by her friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yoshida will die when she uses this -->
Yoshida doesn't die when she uses it (insert excuse)

Johan is gonna extract Reiji Maigo -->
Johan decides not to extract Reiji Maigo (no real reason)

( ; ^ω^ )...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
1. She would have died earlier in the series but now there is so much POE flowing around that Yoshida had mercy.

2. Maybe attempting to extract the RM at this point in time would incite the wrath of the entire nation whats for sure is that they are master trolls.
1. No, Kazumi would have never died by using Giralda. Pheles told her so this episode. Giralda lets humans perform an unrestricted method by using their resolve to sacrifice themself. Pheles told her that her existence would vanish when using Giralda (a lie), because this would make Kazumi think that she'd sacrifice herself when using it. Pheles didn't expect Kazumi to be able to do this though, that's why she gave Giralda to her. Pheles didn't want Giralda to be used.

2. We'll probably see more of Johan in the next episode(s). I'm sure the reason will be given soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The ring Shana used, Corde, isn't that the one belonged to the Tomogara from season 2 episode 3?
Yeah, she apparently 'stole' Chorde from Kasha back in season 2. Those rings looked quite weak back then and Shana easily countered them. Who knew those rings would come in handy at such a critical moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
So Shana finally did the famous thing a lot of anime girls do in which when the guy she likes hurt her feelings the girl cries while hitting him and screaming "baka".
I thought I was hearing Louise from ZnT for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
anyone can explain two things to me??
How can Johan come out from Reiji Maigo?? (is this part of Pheles' plan?)If he can do it anytime, why he isn't do it earlier??
Johan probably couldn't use it earlier because Pheles wasn't there. Johan told Pheles to take care of some stuff back in season 2 and converted back to Yuji after that, so maybe he and Pheles already 'tweaked' something in the Reiji Maigo back then.

I think Pheles performed an unrestricted spell on Yuji's back which made Johan able to exit Yuji and create a body. He was probably able to use Yuji's PoE while he was inside him and he's a great spellcaster as well, so I guess it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and what is the meaning of Yuji lost his analyze ability?? (hopefully it's not a bad subs) Is that means he's smart at making plan because of Johan's presence in Reiji Maigo?
Yuji didn't lose his intelligence. He's good at making plans because he's smart. He lost his sense of pre-recognition. Yuji often 'sensed' things. Like when he was able to pinpoint the rinne when the Aizen siblings attacked and when he 'sensed' that something was under the ground when Sabrac attacked Misaki City.

Now that he lost it, he couldn't sense that the minivan he was looking at was an illusion. And Shana noticed this right away, of course. She has been fighting together with Yuji for about a year, so she knew he had this ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and don't worry, Tomogara's team... I also don't get any idea sbout Flame Haze plan... lol
next episode.... the left out Flame Haze squad will enter the battlefield
I still think the 3 gods are decoys, who are suposed to keep the tomogara busy while Shana and co try to stop Yuji's plan.
__________________

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-02-18 at 14:39.
Deathscyther is offline  
Old 2012-02-18, 11:50   Link #20
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
They could've intensified the fight over the reiji maigo, and Shana versus Pheles felt really rushed, but seeing as how there's only 5 episodes left, it makes sense.

Para and his minivan rinne made me lol.

Ernest captured Rofocale? This is going to get even more interesting now.
syke123 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.