AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-15, 02:32   Link #2621
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 27
I find this lack of official announcements... worrisome.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 17:52   Link #2622
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Actually he's apologizing for the "new volume not coming out".

But like a few of the 2ch posters mentioned, he was not clear on why and whether the series has really ended or there's a delay. Totally a useless tweet imho.
Well, at least I'm not expecting a surprise release.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:37   Link #2623
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7445.html

This happens when the author is irregular with his publications .
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 09:42   Link #2624
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
What does it say?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:05   Link #2625
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
What does it say?
I can't read all of it either, but I'm certain these two words [消滅] summarized it.

Base on the context, it means 'cancellation'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:07   Link #2626
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Isn't this like the 3rd time we've gotten this news?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:45   Link #2627
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Isn't this like the 3rd time we've gotten this news?
It basically says that the LN has disappeared from the purchase order list. Is this it? Or can he save the LN by choosing another publisher?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 11:59   Link #2628
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
It basically says that the LN has disappeared from the purchase order list. Is this it? Or can he save the LN by choosing another publisher?
Regarding this point, read Doraneko's post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...83#post3981983


The discussions regarding these are pretty hot on 2channel. Well, based on current circumstantial evidence, it just seems to me IS is pretty much gone for good. Even though I'm not too much of a fan of the story, I'll miss Charlotte. But anyhow, the only thing is to wait for official announcements.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:38   Link #2629
djmaca
My Girl ↓
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Update: Ortigas, Pasig, Phillippines
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Regarding this point, read Doraneko's post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...83#post3981983


The discussions regarding these are pretty hot on 2channel. Well, based on current circumstantial evidence, it just seems to me IS is pretty much gone for good. Even though I'm not too much of a fan of the story, I'll miss Charlotte. But anyhow, the only thing is to wait for official announcements.
Ah shit. Thanks for the info. It was such a good story. Hot damn, we still haven't confirmed if Ichika is a clone of Madoka or vice versa....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:51   Link #2630
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Regarding this point, read Doraneko's post: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...83#post3981983


The discussions regarding these are pretty hot on 2channel. Well, based on current circumstantial evidence, it just seems to me IS is pretty much gone for good. Even though I'm not too much of a fan of the story, I'll miss Charlotte. But anyhow, the only thing is to wait for official announcements.
hmm...what happen if some overseas publisher make a contact with him and offer a contract to publish his work?
I think Kadokawa can't reach him anymore, and even if they try to interfere, our terrorism and bombing service is always available to purchase with cheap price

the benefit is:
1.His work still go like nothing happen
2.fans happy
the drawback is:
1.he can't make same amount of money like b4
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:35   Link #2631
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
When is the author publisher coming? Because even if it's MF who kicked him out, I'm sure there will be one. If not in Japan, expect Taiwan or even Mainland China. Money is flowing there...
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:38   Link #2632
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
When is the author publisher coming? Because even if it's MF who kicked him out, I'm sure there will be one. If not in Japan, expect Taiwan or even Mainland China. Money is flowing there...
Let's hope man.... let's all hope
__________________
Krytonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:41   Link #2633
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
Let's hope man.... let's all hope
The least we can do. Unless Lloyd Blankstein is actually an AS forums member, I doubt that we can contribute more.

Maybe Ping's translations crashed the oversee market?
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:50   Link #2634
Krytonis
I'm back! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: In the distortion of space and time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
The least we can do. Unless Lloyd Blankstein is actually an AS forums member, I doubt that we can contribute more.

Maybe Ping's translations crashed the oversee market?
I am gonna start praying every single night from now on.
__________________
Krytonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 18:55   Link #2635
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
When is the author publisher coming? Because even if it's MF who kicked him out, I'm sure there will be one. If not in Japan, expect Taiwan or even Mainland China. Money is flowing there...

I'm pretty sure you guys know that is a longer shot than to the moon.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 21:49   Link #2636
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm pretty sure you guys know that is a longer shot than to the moon.
you mean it's impossible for overseas publisher to take over IS publication?
there's a lot of backdoor you know
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 23:45   Link #2637
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
you mean it's impossible for overseas publisher to take over IS publication?
there's a lot of backdoor you know
Well if you could find an instance where this has happened before then I'll be happy to take back my words.

Remember that there's no market bigger for Light Novels than in Japan itself.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 00:20   Link #2638
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well if you could find an instance where this has happened before then I'll be happy to take back my words.

Remember that there's no market bigger for Light Novels than in Japan itself.
Exactly, and in Japan they're all under one guy so if you get axed...
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 00:32   Link #2639
gbatemper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
They should just hire a ghost writer to do the work.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 00:36   Link #2640
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Exactly, and in Japan they're all under one guy so if you get axed...
However, you might look it in another POV.

In Roman history, there was a young man who was called Marcus Tullius Cicero. He barely managed enough money to start a political career. Bowser, he stumbled on a case which made him popular, Verres' case. He got that popularity by going against the powerful family of Metelli and Rome's number one lawyer, Hortentius. Today, who do we know more of; Cicero or Hortentius? I'd bet on the former.

Basically, my point is that there will probably be an ambitious publisher willing to take IS in it, because everyone knows how its sales are; astounding. Way better than KyoAni's Nichijou, I think. Which publisher wouldn't risk taking down Kadokawa, after all?
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen, yuuki homura

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.