AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-19, 17:55   Link #81
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 10
That doesn't say anything about this so called "blaze release". Itachi can burn through super tough material without it.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 14:55   Link #82
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
That doesn't say anything about this so called "blaze release". Itachi can burn through super tough material without it.
My point was that Sasuke is now always burning through Zetsu quickly yet before his amaterasu usually burned slow so maybe EMS or blaze release has increased the burning speed of his amaterasu.

For example Sasuke's amaterasu couldn't burn through a samurai yet now its burning Zetsu super fast.

Itachi's amaterasu burned slowly on Sasuke's CS2 wing and the wing wasn't fire proof so the speed of his amaterasu burning varies possibly due to the plot.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:17   Link #83
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
EMS Sasuke's blaze release burned away some Zetsu bodies completely but we've seen Karin and Bee were OK after having MS Sasuke's amaterasu on them for a while.
Amaterasu flames burn as fast as the plot requires. That's all there is to it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 05:27   Link #84
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Amaterasu flames burn as fast as the plot requires. That's all there is to it.
Yeah, it's not like we can gauge time in manga format anyway.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:21   Link #85
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Amaterasu flames burn as fast as the plot requires. That's all there is to it.
I also said this but I think EMS may have powered up Sasuke's Amaterasu since its always burning through its target fast now yet his MS Amaterasu burned very slowly on a a samurai.

Sasuke's left EMS eye pattern was upside down at 1st but now its not, Kishi probably did that to show how different his EMS eye looks upside down:

TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:24   Link #86
Akashin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
I also said this but I think EMS may have powered up Sasuke's EMS Amaterasu since its always burnign through its target fast now yet his MS Amaterasu burned vetry slow on a a samurai.
Whether this is indeed the case or not remains to be seen. But unless it's directly said that this is the case, it's probably safe to say that Hunter nailed it.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:38   Link #87
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Whether this is indeed the case or not remains to be seen. But unless it's directly said that this is the case, it's probably safe to say that Hunter nailed it.
I said plot may determine the burning speed of Amaterasu before @Hunter and it does make sense that EMS could increase Sasuke's eye jutsu power.

My main point is that EMS may increase Sasuke's burning speed of Amaterasu which is possible.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 21:16   Link #88
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Sasuke used Amaterasu against Danzou and it burned his body almost instantly.
During the fight between Sasuke and Itachi a mere spark of Amaterasu spreaded into an enormous forest fire burning everything for miles in a couple of minutes at most and at the same time we could see that the flames couldn't even spread to the whole trees but only the top instead.

There's no logic behind it, the flames are as fast and as hot as the author wants them to at a given moment.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 07:56   Link #89
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Sasuke used Amaterasu against Danzou and it burned his body almost instantly.
During the fight between Sasuke and Itachi a mere spark of Amaterasu spreaded into an enormous forest fire burning everything for miles in a couple of minutes at most and at the same time we could see that the flames couldn't even spread to the whole trees but only the top instead.
Amaterasu burns at the speed the plot allows but maybe EMS will make Sasuke's amaterasu stronger but its too early to tell for sure.

MS Sasuke's Amaterasu was on Karin, Bee and a samurai for a rather long time and it didn't burn them much, if EMS Amaterasu was on them maybe they would be dead now.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-22 at 08:44.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:05   Link #90
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
We saw manga panels, who's to say that one panel doesn't contain an hour in-story?

And that's why we can't really tell until those chapters get adapted...
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 14:47   Link #91
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
We saw manga panels, who's to say that one panel doesn't contain an hour in-story?

And that's why we can't really tell until those chapters get adapted...
In most cases we can tell, because there are different events that must have a well defined speed. For example falling down has a well defined speed given the gravity laws. Even if we don't know that absolute amounts of time we know the relative times by comparing.
And that is why the anime often seems so badly done compared to the manga, because the anime completely breaks timings. In many cases it is explicitly stated how much is the duration of something. For example in the anime Naruto throws a rasenshuriken at Pain and it feels very slow because the anime fails to show how fast it happens, so it looks stupid that Pain is not able to escape from it. The manga states that Naruto can be in sage mode for 5 minutes at most, then we see him in the anime fooling around for half an episode or something like that. And so on...
And things get worse as the manga progresses, because we have very high speed guys now, like the raikage or Naruto, and the anime will fail. A positive experinece was the Tobi vs Minato fight, where they used matrix-like slow motion, that seemed a much better solution to me than the slow timings in the Pain vs Naruto fight. I know that the anime needs to make 1 episode out of 2 chapters, even if 2 chapters last only for 2 minutes, that is why it's sometimes so crappy.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 08:53   Link #92
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Amaterasu burns at the speed the plot allows but maybe EMS will make Sasuke's amaterasu stronger but its too early to tell for sure.

MS Sasuke's Amaterasu was on Karin, Bee and a samurai for a rather long time and it didn't burn them much, if EMS Amaterasu was on them maybe they would be dead now.
Look, your theory is entirely based on the fact that prior to obtaining the EMS Sasuke's Amaterasu burned its targets slower than it did those Zetsu now, the problem is that's it's false. We have seen Amaterasu burns considerably faster a few time with only MS, for example during the fight with Danzou and contrary to your claim against Bee as well where the considerable bulk of the Hachibi was turned to nothing pretty fast. The same can be said of Itachi's, sometimes the flames were fast, sometimes they weren't.
It was true for the MS and it will hold true for the EMS.
If the author wants someone/something to survivre/block Amaterasu it will burn slowly enough, if he doesn't then they will be incinerated either instantly or just fast enough for the characters to make a comment about it.

Look at it this way, why do you think those dead burning Zetsus aren't setting in fire the ground they lie on? Why didn't the multiple times Sasuke fired Amaterasu against the Raikage and Gaara didn't end up burning the whole building complex to the ground?
It's a flame that burn everything, goes on for 7 days and nights and cannot be stopped. If it worked logically it would be the single most dangerous thing on the planet. A mere spark left alone could end up destroying virtually everything.
But obviously it's not the case and that's because it only spreads at Kishimoto's whims.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 20:32   Link #93
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The -666 Dimension
Age: 24
I find it more interesting how Itachi didn't implant Shisui's eye-crow into Sasuke and had it auto-activate on Madara instead of the Amaterasu. Imagine a Tobi/Madara who is bent on protecting Konoha. And can anyone remind me how a Uchiha can awaken the MS? Who exactly help Sasuke awaken his? Was it Oro or Itachi's death that caused it?
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 11:04   Link #94
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Look at it this way, why do you think those dead burning Zetsus aren't setting in fire the ground they lie on? Why didn't the multiple times Sasuke fired Amaterasu against the Raikage and Gaara didn't end up burning the whole building complex to the ground?
It's a flame that burn everything, goes on for 7 days and nights and cannot be stopped. If it worked logically it would be the single most dangerous thing on the planet. A mere spark left alone could end up destroying virtually everything.
But obviously it's not the case and that's because it only spreads at Kishimoto's whims.
I think it's both the 7 days thing and that it will stop when its target is destroyed, but mostly the latter reason so far in the story and now that sasuke can turn it off it doesn't matter. I think kishi realized that it burning for 7 days is kind of dumb and would hurt some plot developments so he changed it to burn until its target is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
I find it more interesting how Itachi didn't implant Shisui's eye-crow into Sasuke and had it auto-activate on Madara instead of the Amaterasu. Imagine a Tobi/Madara who is bent on protecting Konoha.
interesting since it would have already happened when he auto-activated the amaterasu. i guess itachi wanted to tobi to die instead of turning him good... itachi only had 1 shot with the crow so if tobi and sasuke wanted to destroy konoha at some point, he would at least turn sasuke 'good'. in retrospect your idea is better than itachi's plan i think, but it only works if tobi reveals his eye to sasuke before telling him the truth about itachi


Quote:
And can anyone remind me how a Uchiha can awaken the MS? Who exactly help Sasuke awaken his? Was it Oro or Itachi's death that caused it?
itachi explained it as killing your closest friend which basically means extreme sorrow. so when sasuke learned the truth about itachi after 'killing' him he experienced extreme sorrow and it activated on the shore of that beach team taka and tobi were standing at. what i really want to know is the explanation for kakashi awakening it. reminiscing about obito's death shouldnt be extreme sorrow anymore so there's not really a reason given yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 02:33   Link #95
LightMusicBand
Did you say, HASHIRAMA?!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: God Knows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what i really want to know is the explanation for kakashi awakening it. reminiscing about obito's death shouldnt be extreme sorrow anymore so there's not really a reason given yet
that's a question that's really been bothering me. he never experienced extreme sorrow that time AFAIK. the only logical explanation that my friend told me is that he "copied" it from Itachi, when Itachi went to Konoha. my memory's a bit fuzzy. i mean he is the "copy" ninja, after all. (hey it's not my idea, blame my friend)
__________________
My YouTube Channel and Soundcloud
"I swear my allegiance under the Red Cloud Organization, for all things Light and Fluffy"...
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 15:17   Link #96
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Look, your theory is entirely based on the fact that prior to obtaining the EMS Sasuke's Amaterasu burned its targets slower than it did those Zetsu now, the problem is that's it's false. We have seen Amaterasu burns considerably faster a few time with only MS, for example during the fight with Danzou and contrary to your claim against Bee as well where the considerable bulk of the Hachibi was turned to nothing pretty fast. The same can be said of Itachi's, sometimes the flames were fast, sometimes they weren't.
It was true for the MS and it will hold true for the EMS.
If the author wants someone/something to survivre/block Amaterasu it will burn slowly enough, if he doesn't then they will be incinerated either instantly or just fast enough for the characters to make a comment about it.

Look at it this way, why do you think those dead burning Zetsus aren't setting in fire the ground they lie on? Why didn't the multiple times Sasuke fired Amaterasu against the Raikage and Gaara didn't end up burning the whole building complex to the ground?
It's a flame that burn everything, goes on for 7 days and nights and cannot be stopped. If it worked logically it would be the single most dangerous thing on the planet. A mere spark left alone could end up destroying virtually everything.
But obviously it's not the case and that's because it only spreads at Kishimoto's whims.
Itachi's MS Amaterasu quickly burned:
1. part of Nagato's arm
2. part of a toad stomach

Sasuke MS Amaterasu quickly burned:
1. Danzo?

Sasuke's EMS Amaterasu quickly burned:
1. original white Zetsu
2. group of fodder Zetsu


As the above shows only Sasuke's EMS Amaterasu burned something quickly and my theory of EMS maybe powering up Sasuke's Amatersu is also backed by the fact that:

EMS > MS


Danzo was not shown to have any part burned fast and Bee didn't have anything burned off unlike those Zetsu.

Also EMS is a stronger eye so wouldn't it make some sense if his amaterasu was stronger or burned faster due to EMS being stronger?

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-02-26 at 08:27.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:01   Link #97
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Danzo was not shown to have any part burned fast and Bee didn't have anything burned off unlike those Zetsu.
Danzo's entire body was burned within a single panel chapter 477 before he respawned back and Bee's full transformation into the Hachibi was burned off as well in a matter of seconds.
These are in fact way more impressive than, how did you put this, "quickly burning part of Nagato's arm". A part of a limb, how impressive indeed.

Quote:
Also EMS is a stronger eye so wouldn't it make some sense if his amaterasu was stronger or burned faster due to EMS being stronger?
Amaterasu already burns everything, you can't go further than that. And at risk of sounding like a broken record, how fast it burn has proven to be inconsistent from slow to very fast. If it's your belief that with Sasuke's EMS these flames will always prove to be very fast from now on then so be it but be prepared to be disapointed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:26   Link #98
Retcon_Man
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Haha, I'm sorry but um... EMS Amaterasu needs a black disc of flames to catch it's opponent, whereas before, Sasuke looked and spontaneous combustion of black flames appeared on the object of sight.
Retcon_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 07:25   Link #99
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
That's one way to look at it.
Or Sasuke needed to strain himself to create the flame before whereas now he has a massive ball of virtually inexhaustible fire to use and shape at his whim.
Though it's not even a difference between MS and EMS, his Susanoo already had this black fire ball in his hand before he obtained the EMS.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:31   Link #100
TimeMask
Phantom Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Danzo's entire body was burned within a single panel chapter 477 before he respawned back and Bee's full transformation into the Hachibi was burned off as well in a matter of seconds.
These are in fact way more impressive than, how did you put this, "quickly burning part of Nagato's arm". A part of a limb, how impressive indeed.


Amaterasu already burns everything, you can't go further than that. And at risk of sounding like a broken record, how fast it burn has proven to be inconsistent from slow to very fast. If it's your belief that with Sasuke's EMS these flames will always prove to be very fast from now on then so be it but be prepared to be disapointed.
You're right about Danzo burning quickly I forgot about that.

I thought Sasuke's EMS Amaterasu would always burn fast which his MS Amaterasu didn't (apart from Danzo) but the plot affects the burning speed so its hard to tell until we see more EMS Amaterasu being used.

My theory on EMS powering up Amaterasu may be wrong which seems odd since EMS is meant to be stronger then MS.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
naruto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.