AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-01, 21:59   Link #221
AyaSai
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
So, any more info about the new characters?
__________________
}ï{ SYNESTHESIA }ï{
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Signature by kittylyoko
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 11:36   Link #222
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocks View Post
I'm halfway through the 2nd night, and it's way more exciting than the 1st. It sucks that Higanbana isn't receiving much feedback because if an anime adaptation was made and executed the same way as Bakemonogatari (with F/Z graphics), I reckon it would make a masterpiece of an anime. So, is there any way to make it popular enough to get a GOOD studio to recognise and take on Higanbana rather than another waste of huge potential like the Umineko anime? lol
It would be nice if Higanbana was adapted into an anime, but I personally think it's mostly appealing to fans of 07th Expansion's previous works... I don't think the chances are too good. I think Studio DEEN could actually do a good job of it, if they put in the effort and allocate their resources properly, but they've still got Umineko Chiru to make...
__________________
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:11   Link #223
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ロンドン
Its been like 10 days since any translation work was done > I know the people are obviously busy, but I wish it would be done soon. But I guess i am happy someone is actually working on it.
__________________
S'up.
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:29   Link #224
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England
Age: 20
Please understand that the "as of" date on Ronove's blog only indicates the date that the "translation progress" section on the blog was updated. This section is only manually updated every so often, and is not an indicator of how long it has been since translation work was done.

For example, although the "translation progress" section was updated 11 days ago, the latest update was pushed to the server three days ago. And since the translators don't always push to the server immediately after they've translated something, it's probable that translation work has been done since then.

So, yeah… that particular section of the blog is far from accurate.
__________________
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:25   Link #225
Jakku
Baka Gaijin.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ロンドン
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Please understand that the "as of" date on Ronove's blog only indicates the date that the "translation progress" section on the blog was updated. This section is only manually updated every so often, and is not an indicator of how long it has been since translation work was done.

For example, although the "translation progress" section was updated 11 days ago, the latest update was pushed to the server three days ago. And since the translators don't always push to the server immediately after they've translated something, it's probable that translation work has been done since then.

So, yeah… that particular section of the blog is far from accurate.
Oh lol, well thats good then ahah Thanks for telling me
__________________
S'up.
Jakku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 04:12   Link #226
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
It would be nice if Higanbana was adapted into an anime, but I personally think it's mostly appealing to fans of 07th Expansion's previous works... I don't think the chances are too good. I think Studio DEEN could actually do a good job of it, if they put in the effort and allocate their resources properly, but they've still got Umineko Chiru to make...
DEEN probably could do an okay job with it, but in my opinion from a creative perspective if it was directed in the 'trippy' way that Bakemonogatari was directed (the animation/scenery/mindf*ck) it would simply become outstanding considering how trippy all the stories already are. Besides the fact that it would be too similar to Bakemonogatari...(people would dub it as the "scary version of Bake") It would make it more enjoyable for the people who've already read the VN/manga as well, and even trippier/creepier for us smokers. I'm more interested in seeing that then a simple VN>anime adaptation where the original is -ALWAYS- better than the anime. So it would be a dream come true if SHAFT could pick it up... which probably won't happen anyway.
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 11:17   Link #227
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I beg to differ. Imho, SHAFT's visual trips are far too inadequate to represent and convey Ryukishi's stories. I think it would carry the viewer's attention away from the main point. I experienced the very same thing with Bakemonogatari, after all.
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:07   Link #228
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I beg to differ. Imho, SHAFT's visual trips are far too inadequate to represent and convey Ryukishi's stories. I think it would carry the viewer's attention away from the main point. I experienced the very same thing with Bakemonogatari, after all.
I wasn't trying to imply that Higurashi and Umineko should be directed by SHAFT too, I was only referring to Higanbana. The world conveyed in Bakemonogatari through its unique style is...so surreal. (imo) It fits Higanbana perfectly (for example if you notice how descriptive Ryukishi is when he describes the emotions, and what kind of "feeling/mood" the characters reach when they step into the "dark side"(can't find a better word) and since anime you can't "describe" things with words as much as a novel it would easily be conveyed through the Bakemonogatari trip-style. (which I assume is part of the reason why Bake was so successful)

But obviously you didn't like its style, so I guess it's up to opinion. =/ I just think it would be boring to make a bland anime adaptation where we already know what's going on, and everyone just simply says "the VN is better" (like Umineko and Higurashi). It's also more of a episodic story like Jigoku Shoujo and Bake too.

Spoiler for 2nd night spoiler:
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:10   Link #229
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Past the debatable style Shaft usually use, I really can't see Higanbana done by Shaft: Shaft MO for Bakemonogatari is mainly focused on style shift midway and emphasis on wordplay and others things.
Higanbana mood and storytelling is much more conventional, the likes of Another, Shiki etc.

Really, using Bakemonogatari doesn't work at all, because Higanbana does -not- put any emphasis on word play, gags or witty discussions whatsoever.

In fact, the whole deal would be extremely distracting and would kill the mood: the series adaptation should not rely on text whatsoever, but simply with ambiant mood, BGM and characters anguish, the likes Shaft absolutely doesn't do, except to "some extent" with Madoka Magica.
Conventional adaptations can fleshen the original source, depending how it is done, and recent series I have mentioned did the trick well without using any artificial tricks. Heck, even Higurashi had a remotely fine adaptation for Onikakushi, keeping the pressure and tension high, even though they bypassed Keiichi's anguish/unsure feelings regarding "if it is the same Rena he knew".
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:21   Link #230
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Past the debatable style Shaft usually use, I really can't see Higanbana done by Shaft: Shaft MO for Bakemonogatari is mainly focused on style shift midway and emphasis on wordplay and others things.
Higanbana mood and storytelling is much more conventional, the likes of Another, Shiki etc.

Really, using Bakemonogatari doesn't work at all, because Higanbana does -not- put any emphasis on word play, gags or witty discussions whatsoever.

In fact, the whole deal would be extremely distracting and would kill the mood: the series adaptation should not rely on text whatsoever, but simply with ambiant mood, BGM and characters anguish, the likes Shaft absolutely doesn't do, except to "some extent" with Madoka Magica.
I actually wasn't really referring to the wordplay used in Bake, only the animation/scenery/etc, but now that you say it using text could be amazing too. I can just imagine when the students 'realise' something and emphasises it through text, it would make the whole thing a really unique adaptation.

My main point was really, that a unique adaptation would be more enjoyable than a straight off predictable adaptation like Umineko->anime, where all you could do is say "they skipped that bit", "they skipped this bit", etc. I wasn't saying that the DEEN style wouldn't "suit" Higanbana, but rather it would be boring and predictable considering we would already know how they would do things after what we've already seen from Higurashi and Umineko..
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:33   Link #231
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
And what would bring a Bake style anyway? In fact, Shaft has skipped a lot of material, especially in nisemonogatari with karen bee arc.
Really, the style does not change the fact that you ought to make cuts, although it all depends how you do them.

Using Deen as example for conventional adaption is misplaced: they made the worst cut possible, and it isn't only Umineko: Higurashi and Fate Stay Night weren't adapted correctly either.
So thinking normal adaptation would be boring doesn't make much sense, especially having a "style change" wouldn't stop you to know what's going to happen either way.

In case of mystery/horror themes centred show, it is mostly beneficial for the mood that the show make emphasis on the ambient pressure and characters reactions. The "show, don't tell" motto is even more important in such case.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:49   Link #232
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And what would bring a Bake style anyway? In fact, Shaft has skipped a lot of material, especially in nisemonogatari with karen bee arc.
Really, the style does not change the fact that you ought to make cuts, although it all depends how you do them.

Using Deen as example for conventional adaption is misplaced: they made the worst cut possible, and it isn't only Umineko: Higurashi and Fate Stay Night weren't adapted correctly either.
So thinking normal adaptation would be boring doesn't make much sense, especially having a "style change" wouldn't stop you to know what's going to happen either way.

In case of mystery/horror themes centred show, it is mostly beneficial for the mood that the show make emphasis on the ambient pressure and characters reactions. The "show, don't tell" motto is even more important in such case.
Most of what -I- interpreted in reading Higanbana was an analogy to drugs and drug abuse (I'll list some in a spoiler box since I don't know how to make the black spoilers). Ryukishi's writing was so descriptive in all the emotions going through each character in each and every phase, the addictions and causes; I honestly thought it was beautiful and it made me admire Ryukishi even more, since he really knows how a human brain works from different perspectives. I knew exactly what he was describing and sympathized almost every single character's flow of thought (except for Nafumi). Where I'm getting at is since it reflected drugs, I thought it would be amazing for Higanbana to be able to give viewers in a "trippy, abnormal feeling" (which happened to me while watching Bake, FLCL, etc.) since Higanbana values -state of mind- so much. Honestly without serious concentration, a normal anime adaptation would -not- be able to convey how the characters feel. The school room feeling like it's its own little world closed away from the "real world" due to lack of public presence, all of the state of minds during the "magic" happenings are really hard to convey without a huge amount of descriptive text like what was offered in the VN. So I thought Bakemonogatari's style would make a really simple medium to convey the point.

But like you say, some of the other moods can't be conveyed I guess. For example in the "normal world", the bullies getting addicted to bullying etc. is only something a sober mind can comprehend. So maybe a mix of styles?

I think I typed too much... not sure if I made any sense to you.

Spoiler for higanbana spoilers -drug analogy-:
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:54   Link #233
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I understood, but that's the very point I disagree: personally, I would rather see a crazed expression on the bullies, with an obvious penchant of sadism, than having a colored red screen, with a white text stating "I like bullying" or something. When text is used to convey the emotions and dialogues in an anime series that isn't based on wordy dialogue/witty discussions, it is basically cutting corners in my books.

To each of their own I guess, but frankly, the whole emotion thing is something I would rather see animated than reduced to a minimalistic display.
I mean: I would be extremely disappointed if Rika's "everyone should die!" comment was minimized into a black screen with that line in white, instead of having her totally upset and enraged. Likewise, the while deal with friendship and all would be watered down by several degree if it was just a meager couple of lines instead of the display of emotions straight onscreen. That kind of things should really be shown, not plainly told.

VN format however, needs description for obvious reason. But anime? Subtle and straightforward methods are possible without using "tricks" like that.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 12:58   Link #234
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the very point I disagree: personally, I would rather see a crazed expression on the bullies, with an obvious penchant of sadism, than having a colored red screen, with a white text stating "I like bullying" or something. When text is used to convey the emotions and dialogues in an anime series that isn't based on wordy dialogue/witty discussions, it is basically cutting corners in my books.
I wasn't trying to saying that at all... guess I need to practice my vocabulary more.

I was saying that since Higanbana requires huge amount of text to convey the emotions going through the characters and surreal state of mind (which anime does not have the time and ability to convey), the anime should just use Bake's directional style (NOT text, referring to animation/scenery/etc) as a medium to convey the surreal feeling.
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:02   Link #235
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The thing is that the text -is- part of the directional style: without it, the whole animation and scenery portions make even less sense/cohension in its storytelling sense (in fact, a lot of far pan camera would be even more difficult to cope without context set with the text, along with transitions being more brutal). That's the reason why I didn't follow you that well, since artistic style would include that portion anyway.

That said, assuming you get rid of the text and other allusions/references style, you are actually stuck with far pan camera all the time, along with papercraft like intrusions and whatnot, to which is sort of difficult to imagine with Higanbana (at worst, something "similar" to Madoka, yet not really the same environment).
Having a different presentation with the environment might indeed give a different type of "creepiness" in some scenes, although paradoxally, it will dampen characters emotions, since you hardly see characters onscreen with Shaft (unless you have complete closeup with awkward animation and cartoon shift). This is most likely why Bakemonogatari style wasn't applied on Madoka, since the latter is way too different to allow such kind of jarring presentation.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:05   Link #236
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thing is that the text -is- part of the directional style: without it, the whole animation and scenery portions make even less sense/cohension in its storytelling sense (in fact, a lot of far pan camera would be even more difficult to cope without context set with the text, along with transitions being more brutal). That's the reason why I didn't follow that well, since artistic style would include that portion anyway.

That said, assuming you get rid of the text and other allusions/references style, you are actually stuck with far pan camera all the time, along with papercraft like intrusions and whatnot, to which is sort of difficult to imagine with Higanbana (at worst, something "similar" to Madoka, yet not really the same environment).
One thing I know now is that we have completely different perspectives on Bakemonogatari's directional style...

I guess I enjoy tripping out too much. I honestly would love Higanbana to be filled with the camera panning (YES! That was the word I was after) especially in the stair scenes, etc.
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:07   Link #237
RedKey
天界の異端審問官
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocks View Post
But obviously you didn't like its style, so I guess it's up to opinion. =/ I just think it would be boring to make a bland anime adaptation where we already know what's going on, and everyone just simply says "the VN is better" (like Umineko and Higurashi). It's also more of a episodic story like Jigoku Shoujo and Bake too.
Actually, I loved Bake and am loving Nise, but when I think of some Shafty Hidamari Sketch-styled backgrounds or Black scenes and Red scenes for Higanbana it gives me the shivers.
__________________
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 13:25   Link #238
Pocks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Actually, I loved Bake and am loving Nise, but when I think of some Shafty Hidamari Sketch-styled backgrounds or Black scenes and Red scenes for Higanbana it gives me the shivers.
I've actually never seen Hidamari Sketch, but I just looked up some screenshots and scenery, and it's far-off from what I was thinking of. I'm not sure if you think the same, but I don't think it's similar to Bakemonogatari scenery at all.... I think it's all about color psychology. Say the colors in Hidamari Sketch is a high(happy), Bakemonogatari is a medium in its color choices(weird?), then what I desire from Higanbana is a low (creepy). I think I read a blog post awhile ago about this... not sure where from though. But I'm pretty sure Bake's color choices were "intentionally contradictory/uncomfortable to the eyes to give the viewer a surreal feeling), and if the same psychology was applied with "darker" color choices, then maybe a creepy feeling could be executed with my idea about Higanbana?

Edit: honestly, the best thing would be for Higanbana to have 2 different adaptations from both DEEN and SHAFT. I could enjoy it as two completely different shows for different purposes :P

Last edited by Pocks; 2012-02-22 at 14:28.
Pocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 10:56   Link #239
NTF_Madara
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Hey I'm a little new to ordering things like these off of these types of sites. For every site I have gone to so far Higanbana has been sold out. I'm unsure of how often these things restock..... or if they even do since I'm trying to order it now and there are still sold outs everywhere. Is there anybody that can fill me in on what I should do?
NTF_Madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:05   Link #240
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: England
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF_Madara View Post
Hey I'm a little new to ordering things like these off of these types of sites. For every site I have gone to so far Higanbana has been sold out. I'm unsure of how often these things restock..... or if they even do since I'm trying to order it now and there are still sold outs everywhere. Is there anybody that can fill me in on what I should do?
New units are usually produced for each Comiket. Therefore online stores should be able to restock around August. It is annoying that these games sell out quite quickly even after multiple re-prints.
__________________
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.