AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 20:50   Link #23401
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rants aside, we all knew about one rule: a pesky human can't do jack against I.S. unless equipped with supertechwank weaponry, hell, maybe not even with that, as demonstrated by Canon with Natasha Fairs.

Even Rain realized this and hafta revamp Kyuukai. We'll see if he succeed or not.

(or just use plain old highly destructive weapon)

When I said redshirt, they have to bail out of the tank because the rest is aiming their weapon at their tank, they squished a PS unit due to sheer luck (as normally they can dodge bullets... NORMALLY). If something become a bigger threat than nuisance, chances that it'll get first priority to destroy, tech-assisted human included.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:51   Link #23402
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Another way is to steal the core like what Phantom Task did.

Edit: They are more awesome that way, they don't just steal IS core, they use them against the countries which they stole them from.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:54   Link #23403
gbatemper

Anti IS weaponry is generally very limited. Most Anti IS weaponry must be used in large numbers, with heavy support.

The nanomachines itself are a revolutionary new device. Although it kills the IS user, the IS's software can be easily be recovered by technicians. As said previously, it is very unstable. It must be used very carefully, and takes a lot of mental strength to use freely.

Users controlling the nanomachines may experience the following symptons
Sweating Profusely
Severe Anger issues due to emotional instability, if the subject is installed a internal control transmitter in the cranial section.
Experiencing severe mental anguish, often leading to chronic depression
Fainting due to physical and mental stress, or due to overload in the brain transmitter.

In general, Fudou Akira was only chosen because he was a perfect candidate. Socially inept, he had little to emotions as a child soldier. His experiences as a child soldier has made him resistant to mental stress and anguish, due to his past experiences of psychological torture.
In addition to his superb mental durability, he has a incredible physique due to genetic engineering advances, being 6'5" at 14 years old. Doctors estimate he will grow as 7'6" at age 25, breaking the world record for tallest genetically engineered human. As such, his muscularity is also superb, and is perfect for handling extremely heavy Anti-IS weaponry.

Much of these Anti-IS weapons are extreme secrets. Tabane would never find about them, unless they were used in large numbers against a large number of IS'S. The organization that Yuuko works in is very clean, and will not leave anything that would let Tabane discover anything behind.

Yuuko is indeed a counter to Tabane. Yuuko personally hates Tabane, and is equally as intelligent as her. Unlike Tabane however, her passion is fueled with hate of the IS, and is willing to go any means to destroy IS's. (In her view, destroying and killing IS pilots means saving more people from IS attacks and preventing the chances of a possible war)
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 20:55   Link #23404
demino_hellsin
That one guy

military + heartless monster mode activate!

Actually killing the pilots is the best option there is. Destroying the IS certainly is easier because it has less morale repercussions as well as that there are only 467 units available. Imagine for a moment all IS are mass produced including cores. Standard warfare with IS would result to need to harm the pilot than the IS because deactivating IS would be inefficient comabt. killing the pilot is ideal because of 2 factors. First off is that nly women can be pilots. This means that the number of viable pilot candidates is essentially cut in half or third with two thirds being viable. Second factor is that most pilots are actually clueless teenage girls who just like IS cause of the benefits and cuz its cool. Now if you kill the pilots then break the cutie ensues and you can cut the number of pilot trainees to about another half or 3 three fourths.

military + heartless monster mode off
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 20:55   Link #23405
Eratas123

@ Senpai - That's why I revamped Irish A normal taking out something that can go supersonic pushes the Supension of Disbelief too much. On the other hand, a good hacker would eff up an IS bad.
Old 2012-02-22, 20:55   Link #23406
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Talk about Gray goo, well, good luck.

@ Demi & Eras
Definitely that

@ Everyone
Going to school, see you laterz.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:00   Link #23407
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
Anti IS weaponry is generally very limited. Most Anti IS weaponry must be used in large numbers, with heavy support.

The nanomachines itself are a revolutionary new device. Although it kills the IS user, the IS's software can be easily be recovered by technicians. As said previously, it is very unstable. It must be used very carefully, and takes a lot of mental strength to use freely.

Users controlling the nanomachines may experience the following symptons
Sweating Profusely
Severe Anger issues due to emotional instability, if the subject is installed a internal control transmitter in the cranial section.
Experiencing severe mental anguish, often leading to chronic depression

If the user loses control of the nanomachines while it is in a uncontrolled environment, self replication is automatically turned off, however as they often malfunction, it may self replicate to immense proportions.

In general, Fudou Akira was only chosen because he was a perfect candidate. Socially inept, he had little to emotions as a child soldier. His experiences as a child soldier has made him resistant to mental stress and anguish, due to his past experiences of psychological torture.
In addition to his superb mental durability, he has a incredible physique due to genetic engineering advances, being 6'5" at 14 years old. Doctors estimate he will grow as 7'6" at age 25, breaking the world record for tallest genetically engineered human.
My new opinion of him: He is Masochistic.... worst than Suzaku from Code Geass(At least that guy tried to stay true to his ideal).

Quote:
On the other hand, a good hacker would eff up an IS bad.
That said Hacker is good enough to Hack into human's mind..... what is the point of hacking into IS when you can turn the human into your slave?
Old 2012-02-22, 21:01   Link #23408
Eratas123

The IS will never be used for open warfare because this is a harem series. Unless Ichika gets more admirers on the battlefield, we won't be having any fighting.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:04   Link #23409
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The IS will never be used for open warfare because this is a harem series. Unless Ichika gets more admirers on the battlefield, we won't be having any fighting.
Which is why I am so strongly against the idea of killing IS. IS is a Harem series, not a war series like Gundam...
Old 2012-02-22, 21:04   Link #23410
gbatemper

Quote:
Hey, if we all confined to the restrictions of the actual series, we would all be writing boring harem fanfictions and adding a new harem character every few chapters that is some IS representative.

Lets see..Theirs approximately 196 countries in this world.
That's 196 IS representatives for you, Ichika! How about we add a Turkish IS represenative, then add a Polish IS represenative, and then a IS represenative of Canada, ohh we can have a IS represenative of Taiwan too! XD

Masochistic? Wut. How does a child soldier who shows little to no emotion, or yet has them, will ever experience pleasure in the first place lol.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:06   Link #23411
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but the beauty of the IS setting is the fact is that it's on the verge of becoming a war story. Cold war usually means teetering n the edge of peace and violence. The fact that the whole world is probably in limbo makes the whole thing so compelling. However all we get is the small tip of the iceberg where a young man is unknowingly Casanovaing multiple women of varying nationalities/races.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:06   Link #23412
Eratas123

Hey, he still can't beat Kamijou Touma. Harem over 9000 for that guy
Old 2012-02-22, 21:09   Link #23413
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Note: If you can make something boring into something Interesting, It means your skill as a writer is really superb.

The reason why I am against your idea of counter IS weapons is simple: It is imbalanced, making it even harder to write than it already is.

and you must remember, by making such weapon, you are indirectly beating girls into submission with a really sharp sword (Beating as in slicing them into pieces).....
Old 2012-02-22, 21:10   Link #23414
gbatemper

Quote:
Hey, he still can't beat Kamijou Touma. Harem over 9000 for that guy
Shirgane Takeru is the universe record holder. Being a causality conductor, going through a infinite number of loops, he has a harem of basically infinity females. Not to mention, in the world he loops through, much of the male population is either dead or is in the military.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:10   Link #23415
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Except there's only 22 countries that have I.S. in this world. The choices is limited to considerably wealthy countries due to the implied high cost of I.S.development, to the point that almost entire Europe bar some (such as German and France) merged itself to create Blue Tears.

We all agree the current situation is closer to a cold war, and when exactly people paid attention about cold war unless nukes are involved? SO the laid back situation is understandable, but the three attack on I.S.A. without proper response is making me mad.

Most of us don't want an open war, I admit, but I.S.A. being masochistic is way beyond logic (unless it's harem logic that is, which this story operates on)

*Ruuunz*
Old 2012-02-22, 21:10   Link #23416
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I sense a double standard here

EDIT: @zero: Um... but wasn't it already a huge point that nukes were way inferior to IS cuz well... you know... white knight incident and all...
Old 2012-02-22, 21:14   Link #23417
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The analog demi, the analog, not literal.

I.S. can't do jack if you throw a fusion bomb at their face, because there'll be lots and lots of plasma. LOTS OF IT.

Bah, I'm late, see you guyz
Old 2012-02-22, 21:15   Link #23418
Eratas123

Speaking of which, Germany should be in a load of trouble cause of the VT system. Do we get any sign of this after the Laura incident? Nope...
Old 2012-02-22, 21:16   Link #23419
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They can get away creating a super soldier RAISED from birth to teenage in military way, VT system be damned, that's against human rights and child protection act.
Old 2012-02-22, 21:17   Link #23420
gbatemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Note: If you can make something boring into something Interesting, It means your skill as a writer is really superb.

The reason why I am against your idea of counter IS weapons is simple: It is imbalanced, making it even harder to write than it already is.

and you must remember, by making such weapon, you are indirectly beating girls into submission with a really sharp sword (Beating as in slicing them into pieces).....
Well, heres the thing. Fudou is still human. Think of the nanomachines as very a very dangerous mentally controlled poisonous gas to the IS. The IS users can kill him in one strike. It also takes significant time for the user to die. First of all, it takes several stages. Stage results in the IS having a grey, dark color. The 2nd Stage results in the weakening of the IS user, but not in death. If the nanomachines are discovered at this period, they can be destroyed easily by light electromagnetic waves. The final stage results in the brain cells being attacking by the nanomachines. The 3 stages approximately take 78 hours.

It is used as a weapon of sabotage.

It could well be possibly for him to be infiltrated for purely for info, and given the nanomachines for only the very rare cases, more as a bargaining chip or a bluff.
As he becomes more and more integrated in the school and with the students, he gets to know them, and possibily a over cheery room mate can change him over the course of a year (where he does not take any action, as the organization itself goes in chaos due to actions of Yuuko done while he was infiltrating)

But yeah, he is a bit op still. Maybe. I need to get rid of this habit of making OP characters >.<

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest