AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-23, 14:29   Link #501
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Irrelevant. You're just proving that he was a shitty leader that what he did through his own accord and not for what's best for the group, by that logic why did Shu need followers if had just had Inori?
How am I proving that? That's your sense of delusioned logic. You're interpreting and reassessing everything to suit your delusional beliefs, it's why you see a small portion of the show and disregard the rest.

I said she's a major contributor, I never said they could pull this off alone. Given the number of endlaves, they would've died going at it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Except Shu didn't actually do any leading and above all else he ruled through fear, the fact that he made an exception for Inori, and not for the reasons you listed, just makes it more clear that he had what was coming for him.
What reasons did I list? Do you not understand that if he kept his cool demeanour, the rest of the school would've seen him as weak? Why would you want a weak leader? Back then he was idolizing Gai, and was lost trying to figure out how to be just like him. He woke up and made his own decisions influenced by no one. Those decisions may seem morally responsible, but don't forget the hopeless situation they're stranded in. There were no alternatives, if you think there are then list them!! All I hear from you is how your contradicting everything, even though your "sense of right" is completely illogical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Wrong, the show goes out of it's way to tell you what Shu was doing was wrong, he himself stated what he was doing was wrong and foreshadowed exactly what would have happened after his reign was over, there's nothing that implies that if Shu wasn't a tyrant things wouldn't work out infact if he wasn't a tyrant things wouldn't have ended up like they did and more lives would have been saved. If you have a narrow minded view you're obviously gonna agree with Shu
Your wrong that isn't the image the show wants to portray. And no, realistically speaking, just keeping this whole act up seemed impossible. I see no alternative with Shu being nice. Hare died due to the weaker voids need to prove a point. If she hadn't died there, many more kids would've died due to the freedom they had, her death woke him up.

How could more lives be saved given the situation? Were talking about a sealed off city, that's highly contaminated by a virus, and that gets frequent raids by huge robots with guns. Also the border shrinks, so they know they won't die off starvation but execution. You think everyone's in a peaceful state of mind?

I'm the one with the narrow mind, even though you disregard everything said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Again, irrelevant. People who defend Shu's reign stating that he had to hide his emotions for the greater good but him making an exception for Inori shits on your argument
He's human. Why would he dither the only relationship he has left? Your comparing him to some idol dictator, which has never existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
No, he literally thought it was for the best the entire time and hold no grudge against Shu the latest episode proves that he was in the right in that situation and Shu was off the deep end. And he lied to prevent panic among the student body, see what happened when the word of void breaking went public?
This is exactly what I'm talking about, your deliberately going out of your way to sabotage Shu even if evidence is biting you in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
What? It wasn't Yahiro's fault infact they both agreed that it would have been for the best NOT to tell anyone about it, I can't blame either of them for it for the sheer fact that Shu didn't know beforehand and this far into his reign people would have rioted though it was out of line for him to threaten the nightwatch by destroying his void. Also there's nothing that states that he join Arisa's rebellion nor that he knew what was going on, he's not even there during the scene and the last time we saw him he was talking to Kanon
Ahaha, go rewatch the episode, they were all updated on when to rebel on Arisa's signal. When he talks with Kanon, he overheard everything yet he does nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Did he get betrayal? Why is his right arm gone? And did nobody come to defend him during the betrayal? Also they were using him as much as he used them so it's a fair trade
Well obviously he was betrayed, why would they keep him around after what they endured, as you said. He also did most of the work, if he was that selfish and horrible tyrant you make him out to be, then he would've had the school go up against the tower alone. Yet he showed remorse when he saw his own so called people die at the start of the battle.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
Of course it all matters because it's the reason why they betrayed him and it wasn't "misunderstanding" because there was low morale due to his tyrannical reign and the majority of the student body hated him because he made their lives a living hell for no apparent reason. Also Yahiro wasn't the one who told Shu to be an ass and Shu could have said no to any of Yahiro's plans if he wanted
No apparent reason? Instead of speculating, he clearly told Inori in episode 16 that he did it to ensure everyone gets out of Tokyo. And he kept his word. He also made such a regime to prevent others from repeating what Souta did. Sure people died, but it was inevitable, people die in wars he isn't some god that can save everyone with the blink of an eye.

How could he deny Yahiro when he didn't know what his agenda was? Your putting Shu fully to blame, even though everything was Yahiro's idea. He's the one who brought the Void ranking sheet to Shu. He's the one who saw Hare die from her void. He's the one who covered everything up, and then deserted him at the end.
He used and manipulated Shu till the very end, and when Shu gets worse after he learned what he kept from him, instead of announcing everything to the school himself, he tries to save his own ass and joins Arisa.
syke123 is offline  
Old 2012-02-23, 14:39   Link #502
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Your base,stealing your Knightmares.
Shu is a terrible leader and a dumbass. Tsugumi's Void,duh.
__________________
DarkyPwnz is offline  
Old 2012-02-23, 15:07   Link #503
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
Shu is a terrible leader and a dumbass. Tsugumi's Void,duh.
Is that all you have to add?
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2012-02-23, 16:18   Link #504
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Your base,stealing your Knightmares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Is that all you have to add?
I am just saying you don't need to discuss on something that was clearly illogical. Unless there is a valid reason why her Void wasn't used,it's,in my eyes,it's a plot hole.

Also,I think it is pointless to talk about Shu's actions because the whole "school" part was so fast,things happened fast and balance constantly shifted.

It's as illogical for the students to rebel against Shu as it is for Shu to leave the military part for people who are as dumb as him if not dumber.

Now,if the school part was in,say,8 episodes instead of 4,it would have been a much better story and there would be actual material to talk about. Too bad the way things are,a lot of things don't make sense.
__________________
DarkyPwnz is offline  
Old 2012-02-23, 18:12   Link #505
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
This'll never end, and your constant harassment is annoying.

To you Shu is the devil himself. To me he's a misunderstood child doing the best he can given the situation. I never once said what he did was morally right, but faced with such circumstances, I found it necessary to their survival.

Whether you agree or disagree, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. The only reason I kept up this charade was due to your bashing.

Last edited by syke123; 2012-02-23 at 19:22.
syke123 is offline  
Old 2012-02-23, 19:04   Link #506
AkumaPrincess
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United States, kicking ass
I agree with syke123.

Guilty Crown, to me, is more like a sociological or psychological based series, than an action/sci-fi series.

Shu has been used by almost everyone. He was going to used by his sister, who wanted to start a new race with him, inadvertently causing Lost Christmas. He was used by Gai since he had the void genome. He was used by Yahiro and the school to take care of them, since he was the only one who can supply them with limitless weapons.

In every situation, he was betrayed.

As for the school situation, I don't think Shu was taking care of just his class, but all of the students that reside in school. You have to be a strong leader in order to control the masses. If you look at it in the social aspect, Shu's typical personality wouldn't cut it for running a school of people that have limited supplies, have to eat, and could potentially die from the crystal cancer.

If your a soft, gentle person, whose going to listen to you if you can't even put your foot down. Shu knew that and Yahiro knew that. You have to act like someone who can control the power that you're given, even if your not liked or disliked. Even if they don't like your direct actions, as long as you can keep control, people will respect you and they did respect Shu for time that they did.

Last edited by AkumaPrincess; 2012-02-23 at 19:05. Reason: grammer problems
AkumaPrincess is offline  
Old 2012-02-28, 03:58   Link #507
Crisis
Rock on ^^
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UAE
Age: 28
Who was the girl showering btw ?
__________________
There's multiple situations for any scenario which can lead to inifinite number of parallel worlds. Let's look at things positively, shall we? - me!

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline  
Old 2012-02-28, 04:01   Link #508
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
Who was the girl showering btw ?
Shu's mom, Haruka.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.