AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-23, 12:57   Link #4581
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Seems Pittsburgh are looking unlikely to retain Mike Wallace due to salary cap issues. I'd be thinking the 49ers will go after him hard with the salary cap space they have.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:00   Link #4582
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Seems Pittsburgh are looking unlikely to retain Mike Wallace due to salary cap issues. I'd be thinking the 49ers will go after him hard with the salary cap space they have.
They should put a franchise tender on him though. That means we'd probably have to give up a first rounder for him and another draft pick. I don't think I'd feel comfortable about that. Honestly I'm not even that high on Wallace. I think he might be more of a product in the Steelers system. He's a deep threat so that would be nice and he'd be better than anything we have at receiver for sure.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 18:13   Link #4583
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
I’ve been on this site like 8 years and I can count on my fingers the amount of times I’ve done a quote for quote argument…I mean it’s easy to just put a quote then just say the opposite of that quote, so I don’t like it, but I’ll make an exception because there’s so much to cover…


Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Bottom line is that it's not happening because it's a dumb idea that serves no purpose and isn't going to make the NFL better.
Then bottomline, let’s not say anything subjective on the internet because another subjective person won’t agree with the subjectiveness that’s not their own subjectiveness x_X…

Please just leave us in the Matrix and go to Zion…I know it will most likely never happen that’s why I said, “not likely, but interesting...” That’s what it was interesting drivel, not a reason for you to yell at the kids skateboarding in front of you’re home while you scoop up lawn dog$hit (Also know as the 49ners offense)…

Quote:
And I didn't say it wasn't. I was talking about your quote about how you've always hated the number two seed getting a bye. Hindsight is 20/20. I doubt you'd be saying this if the Saints got that bye this year.
Once again, never b**ched about it…Just made a throwaway comment on it in which a 24 year old man going on 104 took it at it’s highest level of combat potency because he thought I said it to di$$ his lucky as $hit team that completes passes to WRs once every equinox…

Quote:
Roger Goddell changes the rules for money purposes. And safety reasons. Having six games on wild card weekend and two the following week for the divisional isn't going to generate more revenue for the NFL. Smart and dumb fans alike haven't been bitching about this since, like, ever. Which is why it hasn't even been considered a possibility, by anyone. Just you for no good reason at all. More than likely it will just cause more lackluster play in the final weeks of the season than we already have now, which is enough. Instead people not giving a shit about week 17, they won't give a shit about weeks 16 and 17 when the bye is wrapped up for one team in each conference.
You remember a few years back when there was clamoring to reseed the playoffs because the NFC was such a $hitty conference? Now that the NFC is better than the AFC do you hear that anymore? These things run in cycles…And it would be no different in an expanded playoff scenario…There’s gonna be years when weeks 16-17 will STILL be meaningless REGARDLESS and visa versa, right now and in the future…You’re gonna have years when there’s gonna be a breakout team that can afford the rest and other years where 3 teams are battling it out for the #1 seed (Under the expansion scenario which I concede is just interesting to me)…You’ve only proved your glass half empty mentality…


Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Who cares what America wants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari answering Samari
Roger Goddell (because he) changes the rules for money purposes….
America has money


Quote:
unlike most fans I actually study the history of the NFL (I even watch original broadcasted games, the ones I can get my hands on) and know the integrity the game had even just 10 to 15 years ago is different today.
This is where your faux throwback history of football fails you…You think that old school football was just 3 yards and a cloud of dust don’t you? Do you know how many incredible passing offenses existed as far back as the 40’s 50’s and certainly Air Coryell years of the 60’s…Even your own 49ners QB’d by Steve Spurrier had 1 nice passing season back in the day…It’s only the eastcoast bias of Lombardi’s Packers, New York Football giants, Eagles, etc. that puts that ignorant notion in peoples’ minds that nobody passed a lot, so when you see $hit offenses like the 49ners, you harkin’ this bull$hit condemnation, talking about that’s old school football…

Me and Dilla were talking about this not too long ago, $hit offense doesn’t = Great Defensive battle…Just because you have a low scoring game where Defense is being played doesn’t mean the other team was getting stopped as much as they just suck…It’s a fools gold argument…

I’m telling you, you have no clue who you’re talking too with “That History of the NFL” crap…Whatever you think you know from watching NFL films with old man Wilson, I’ know 10 times more…I usually don’t bring it out for anime forum E-pi$$ing but I don’t mind either…

I also have this awesome skill that allows me rub my belly and pat my head at the same time…Which is to say I can have some definite “Old School” football longings, but at the same time I understand and realize that the game has changed and appreciate certain aspects of that changing…Dome stadiums have been around since the 60’s, if anyone was throwing watermelon seeds into brass keyholes, they weren’t doing it as good as Drew Brees…


The integrity of the game is a fluid thing...The same kind of people b**tched when the Mel Blount rule got incorporated and the passing game flourished exponentially in the next 10 seasons when the passing records were re-written again and again…The same people b*tched when the NBA put in the Derek Harper rule that banned using the armbar…It’s just the evolution of the game (Inwhich things can be cited in every era ), and while I won’t champion all of it, I do have the ability to compartmentalize it…Can you believe at one time people got pi$$ed the NFL started to let QB’s PASS THE BALL (Alex Smith shutters)… You’re just expounding on your own selfish longing for your version of integrity…

Quote:
Funny statement coming from the guy who actually took the Pro Bowl seriously. GTFO with that garbage. Being alive for more years doesn't mean you actually have more knowledge about a certain subject. So you can throw the age angle out in your next response. Hell, if I didn't have my age listed by the avatar you'd be an arm and a leg short of the game you try and spit. Not like that game ever holds any water though anyways.
No one took the pro bowl seriously; we seriously love football so we watched the probowl, because it’s football Mr. Curmudgeon, and me and my friends who love football watched it…And all the people talking pure head about the probowl are people who turned it off or was never watching it…

I invented being anti bro…I admire it, but be anti with a purpose…Brandon Marshall’s catches in that game were must see TV, and if it wasn’t for Cam Newton selling out the entire Hawaii Stadium in the 2nd half, that was on pace to be one of the more entertaining probowl games, but ofcourse you don’t know that because you’re 24 and “old School”

And I remember Tracy Porter doing…
Spoiler for THIS...:


Saw that van, today at lunch, no $hit ;p...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2012-02-23 at 22:01. Reason: Who knew only logged in gmail users can see active gmail image-links? Meh...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:49   Link #4584
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
broken image link is broken
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:27   Link #4585
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
broken image link is broken
The failures just keep piling up for a certain user.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:51   Link #4586
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^ Lame...

Thank God I gave you an excuse right? Jumped on that pic $hit, what a relief right?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:01   Link #4587
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Then bottomline, let’s not say anything subjective on the internet because another subjective person won’t agree with the subjectiveness that’s not their own subjectiveness x_X…

Please just leave us in the Matrix and go to Zion…I know it will most likely never happen that’s why I said, “not likely, but interesting...” That’s what it was interesting drivel, not a reason for you to yell at the kids skateboarding in front of you’re home while you scoop up lawn dog$hit (Also know as the 49ners offense)…
Fine keep wasting your time pondering about something/conversing about something that is never going to happen. Just time to help you stop wasting time. And I think the only person on the planet that might find it interesting is you, seeing as no one really has wanted the specific plan you outlined. At least I've never heard of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Once again, never b**ched about it…Just made a throwaway comment on it in which a 24 year old man going on 104 took it at it’s highest level of combat potency because he thought I said it to di$$ his lucky as $hit team that completes passes to WRs once every equinox…
But you brought it up so I asked you why you desired that postseason setup, or rather why the second seeded teams shouldn't get a bye and how canceling that out would help the NFL (which you still haven't given a reason for other than "America will watch no matter what", which isn't a legitimate reason at all to change things).

Oh yeah and going 13-3 and leading the NFL in turnovers is really lucky. Yeah sure okay. I guess New Orleans was lucky they played 12 games in a dome this season. Yeah they were so damn lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You remember a few years back when there was clamoring to reseed the playoffs because the NFC was such a $hitty conference? Now that the NFC is better than the AFC do you hear that anymore? These things run in cycles…And it would be no different in an expanded playoff scenario…There’s gonna be years when weeks 16-17 will STILL be meaningless REGARDLESS and visa versa, right now and in the future…You’re gonna have years when there’s gonna be a breakout team that can afford the rest and other years where 3 teams are battling it out for the #1 seed (Under the expansion scenario which I concede is just interesting to me)…You’ve only proved your glass half empty mentality…
There was no mention of reseeding except for idiot fans. The NFL is in constant change due and allows for a great amount of parity that leads to unpredictability from one season to the next. The Lions have sucked for years and there was talk about never having them on Thanksgiving, which was stupid in the first place even though they had been losing for years. Why? Because NFL teams change. That has nothing to do with rescheduling the amount of games on certain days in the postseason that won't have any benefit whatsoever. People will watch games regardless like you said. Okay? Then why change in the first place? Because you have an itch on your ass that says the #2 seed in the NFC/AFC shouldn't get a bye? Right, that's smart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
America has money
Because money is everything. Yeah, screw integrity and respectability. Actually that's been done now since the NFL's rules have been watered down in favor of offenses. No wonder we had three 5,000 yard passers this past season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This is where your faux throwback history of football fails you…You think that old school football was just 3 yards and a cloud of dust don’t you? Do you know how many incredible passing offenses existed as far back as the 40’s 50’s and certainly Air Coryell years of the 60’s…Even your own 49ners QB’d by Steve Spurrier had 1 nice passing season back in the day…It’s only the eastcoast bias of Lombardi’s Packers, New York Football giants, Eagles, etc. that puts that ignorant notion in peoples’ minds that nobody passed a lot, so when you see $hit offenses like the 49ners, you harkin’ this bull$hit condemnation, talking about that’s old school football…

Me and Dilla were talking about this not too long ago, $hit offense doesn’t = Great Defensive battle…Just because you have a low scoring game where Defense is being played doesn’t mean the other team was getting stopped as much as they just suck…It’s a fools gold argument…

I’m telling you, you have no clue who you’re talking too with “That History of the NFL” crap…Whatever you think you know from watching NFL films with old man Wilson, I’ know 10 times more…I usually don’t bring it out for anime forum E-pi$$ing but I don’t mind either…

I also have this awesome skill that allows me rub my belly and pat my head at the same time…Which is to say I can have some definite “Old School” football longings, but at the same time I understand and realize that the game has changed and appreciate certain aspects of that changing…Dome stadiums have been around since the 60’s, if anyone was throwing watermelon seeds into brass keyholes, they weren’t doing it as good as Drew Brees…


The integrity of the game is a fluid thing...The same kind of people b**tched when the Mel Blount rule got incorporated and the passing game flourished exponentially in the next 10 seasons when the passing records were re-written again and again…The same people b*tched when the NBA put in the Derek Harper rule that banned using the armbar…It’s just the evolution of the game (Inwhich things can be cited in every era ), and while I won’t champion all of it, I do have the ability to compartmentalize it…Can you believe at one time people got pi$$ed the NFL started to let QB’s PASS THE BALL (Alex Smith shutters)… You’re just expounding on your own selfish longing for your version of integrity…
Nope, didn't say anything about three yards and a cloud of dust. Nor did I say had a preference for something like that either. I grew up a 49ers fan witnessing a lot of great offenses most led by Steve Young and company (on that's your que to use the "I'm older than you" card against me! Because that certainly has relevance to the conversation!!!) I love when people put words in my mouth to try and boost their angle, proving they didn't have grounds to make their initial comments in the first place.

All I've implied so far is that the 49ers have a great defense and that an explosive record breaking offense isn't everything (as we saw with the Saints and Packers this season) and that folks get way too wrapped up in points scored, etc. Defense wins championships like they say that is why the Giants got themselves another ring this year, because they got their key defenders back at the right time: the start of the playoffs. Hell, they went into Green Bay and beat the snot out of the Packers, something even your team couldn't do.

And I wouldn't call the 49ers a "shit" offense just because they aren't breaking records. If that was true, then they wouldn't been 11th in points score, a far more important statistic than yards gained.

In terms of integrity, it has nothing to do with selfish viewpoints. There has been a consensus opinion for a while now that the rules have favored the offense way too much. Even with things like the Mel Blount rule, Michael Irvin rule, and other rules were passed, you were still allowed to actually tackle the quarterback and not be subjected to a free 15 yard gain when they got a little boo boo.

And I won't even address your implied comment about no one throwing the rock as well as Drew Brees. That's just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
No one took the pro bowl seriously; we seriously love football so we watched the probowl, because it’s football Mr. Curmudgeon, and me and my friends who love football watched it…And all the people talking pure head about the probowl are people who turned it off or was never watching it…

I invented being anti bro…I admire it, but be anti with a purpose…Brandon Marshall’s catches in that game were must see TV, and if it wasn’t for Cam Newton selling out the entire Hawaii Stadium in the 2nd half, that was on pace to be one of the more entertaining probowl games, but ofcourse you don’t know that because you’re 24 and “old School”

And I remember Tracy Porter doing…
Spoiler for THIS...:


Saw that van, today at lunch, no $hit ;p...
I can't believe I'm actually talking with someone who is defending the Pro Bowl, which for various reasons, is a dumb contest at it's finest.

Sorry grandpa, (look I'm taking a note out of your book) but since when does the point of when you experience a championship matter? As long as you can remember the experience vividly then who the heck cares? Heck, the SF Giants won championship last season, so you can notch that one as well as far as sports is concerned if you want to play that game.

I just find it hilarious that Saints fans try to walk around with a swagger now that they finally have a franchise that has walked off the premisses of the graveyard, but before 2006 they had bags on their heads and not nearly the fanbase they have today.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:02   Link #4588
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^ Lame...

Thank God I gave you an excuse right? Jumped on that pic $hit, what a relief right?
Nope. More ammo. Look above.


Oh and you want to come at me with accusations and jumping on dumb shit and rolling with it? Yeah keep playing that weak sauce "I'm your elder" mantra. Because that isn't a facade when making a crucial point.

I guess historians don't know what they are talking about when discussing the Civil War or past presidents, because they weren't alive when the said events or people existed/happened.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:05   Link #4589
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^I see, just like Piccolo your bull$hit regenerates...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:07   Link #4590
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I see, just like Piccolo your bull$hit regenerates...
LOL stop with the irrelevant Dragonball references to try and make a wisecrack. You are terrible at it. Please, just GTFO with that trash.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:35   Link #4591
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
LOL stop with the irrelevant Dragonball references to try and make a wisecrack. You are terrible at it. Please, just GTFO with that trash.
LOL = Win


Quote:
And I think the only person on the planet that might find it interesting is you, seeing as no one really has wanted the specific plan you outlined. At least I've never heard of that.
The world's bigger than your basement bro...

Quote:
There was no mention of reseeding except for idiot fans.
Yeah idiots called The NFL Competition Committee ...

People eating crow click here
They're are several more articles, here's an excerpt from one out of Bleacher report from By
(National Lead Writer) Dan Levy:

Saints fans may have just as big a complaint this season as Steelers fans. Sure the Falcons have to go on the road to face a team with fewer wins, but the Saints lost a tiebreaker with the San Francisco 49ers to miss out on the No. 2 seed — and an all-important bye—and have to face Detroit in the first round.

Let's leave aside the fact that the 49ers had a better conference record than the Saints by playing in a mediocre NFC West and getting to face the weaker NFC divisions (San Francisco had the luxury of playing the NFC East while the Saints had to face the NFC North teams). Based on team records, the Saints should be playing the Giants and not the Lions. New Orleans should be rewarded by facing the worst playoff team in the NFC and that team is clearly the Giants, regardless of their NFC East title


Wow and to think I'm not even supporting this, i might change my mind now^^...Tell me how people who write stuff are stupid cause erm, they stupid...

Seriously you gonna fall on your sword yet? Naaah, not you, not you ...

Additionally, if you can't pass consistently to your WR's in a league that is tailor made for making it easy to pass to your WRs, you have a $hit offense...

You've ignored so many other points in my last post that I'm sure you didn't want to address..A good snide move on your part I guess...

Quote:
And I won't even address your implied comment about no one throwing the rock as well as Drew Brees. That's just stupid.
Dome's have been around since the 60's, and no one in a dome (Perfect weather and all that jazz) has thrown for 71% completion in domes but Brees...But even in today's game with all the rules geared to help QB's no one in a dome throws it at Brees' clip...So what do you have left?

That's not stupid, I think that's called pwnage...


Quote:
I just find it hilarious that Saints fans try to walk around with a swagger now that they finally have a franchise that has walked off the premisses of the graveyard, but before 2006 they had bags on their heads and not nearly the fanbase they have today
It's hilarious you don't know what it feels like to see your team win a World Championship in your adult-mind...Cherish the Pac-man ghost memories of when you were Fetus yrs old drinking Tang outta sippy cup watching Joe Cool Samari...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 23:06   Link #4592
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

The world's bigger than your basement bro...
I think that's my line towards you FRIENDO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Yeah idiots called The NFL Competition Committee ...

People eating crow click here
They're are several more articles, here's an excerpt from one:

Saints fans may have just as big a complaint this season as Steelers fans. Sure the Falcons have to go on the road to face a team with fewer wins, but the Saints lost a tiebreaker with the San Francisco 49ers to miss out on the No. 2 seed — and an all-important bye—and have to face Detroit in the first round.

Let's leave aside the fact that the 49ers had a better conference record than the Saints by playing in a mediocre NFC West and getting to face the weaker NFC divisions (San Francisco had the luxury of playing the NFC East while the Saints had to face the NFC North teams). Based on team records, the Saints should be playing the Giants and not the Lions. New Orleans should be rewarded by facing the worst playoff team in the NFC and that team is clearly the Giants, regardless of their NFC East title


Wow and to think I'm not even supporting this, i might change my mind now^^...Tell me how people who write stuff are stupid cause erm, they stupid...

Seriously you gonna fall on your sword yet? Naaah, not you, not you ...

Additionally, if you can't pass consistently to your WR's in a league that is tailor made for making it easy to pass to your WRs, you have a $hit offense...

You've ignored so many other points in my last post that I'm sure you didn't want to address..A good snide move on your part I guess...
Owners can be idiot fans too. And the competition is being grilled more than ever about the rules of the game and the leverage the offense gets. So let's not pretend they are the end-all be-all when it comes to making smart decisions, or rather decisions that serve the game's best interest instead of the business aspect of it. Especially owners that have a team going on a road into the playoffs against a worse-record team, backing that stance. That would be stupid based on the past few years where we've had three teams since 2005 with the 5th seed or worse win the Super Bowl, pretty much showing that regular season records doesn't mean 2 +2 = 4. Not to mention New Orleans falling to 7-9 Seattle a couple of seasons back. That sounds like Jason La Confora posting an article that sums up the ignorance and stupidity of fans, including some owners. There would be no point in winning a division title then. And if you have a 13-3 record and still don't win your division or whatever reason, you shouldn't be that concerned about going on the road and facing a 9-7 for example that is in the playoffs. Technically you are the better team and playing a road playoff game against an inferior opponent shouldn't be a huge hurdle for a team that has a lot of wins, like 13 for instance.

There is no need to fall on your sword or even wield it, when it's already through your opponent's chest.

Right, because the 49ers didn't pass consistently to their wide receivers in one wet and rainy game. You do realize that they didn't pass the ball as much throughout the regular season right? They had a great run game, and pass primarily to their tight ends (which why you see a lot of huge tight end sets in their formations), which is what Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman did at Stanford. This isn't and never was going to be a huge number offense for the receivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Dome's have been around since the 60's, and no one in a dome (Perfect weather and all that jazz) has thrown for 71% completion in domes but Brees...But even in today's game with all the rules geared to help QB's no one in a dome throws it at Brees' clip...So what do you have left?

That's not stupid, I think that's called pwnage...
No it's called being blind. I guess Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, and Peyton Manning just never existed then. Oh wait they did, and they actually played back before 2004 when things like completion percentage and receiver leverage weren't skewed due to more rule changes in a perfect no-wind environment on turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
It's hilarious you don't know what it feels like to see your team win a World Championship in your adult-mind...Cherish the Pac-man ghost memories of when you were Fetus yrs old drinking Tang outta sippy cup watching Joe Cool Samari...
There is your dementia acting up again. Darn. Right because having your team win when you are an adult magically makes the experience more memorable. Yeah not like the SF Giants didn't win a couple years back or anything.

LMFAO at "fans" of a franchise having a big mouth when their team has been in a dumpster forever. And from the sounds of it you probably witnessed a lot of that shit.

Whatever. 49ers sent Nawlins back to the swamp (where they belong) for the time being and that's good enough for me. And they have NEVER beaten the 49ers head on for anything important.

Saints fans just straight up don't know how to act. You still got that bag on your head bro? I know you had it before 2006.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:17   Link #4593
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Actually the bags were pre-90's before the Dome Patrol, lol OK maybe a couple of Ditka years, but those don't count...

Go watch a movie from your childhood that you thought was great, only to watch it in your adult mind to see WTF were you thinking...Understand the joy of winning a championship...You just don't understand yet...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Owners can be idiot fans too.
Oooooh $hit! You'd be a first round Cornerback with back-peddling like this...

You've been bested dude, it's easier to just concede every once in a while...You looking kinda bad out here...
Quote:
This isn't and never was going to be a huge number offense for the receivers.
That is dumb...You've gone on like an endless conveyer belt about how much the rules have changed to help passing, and you're cool with an offense that says, WR's? Meh? I remember Andrew Luck throwing it to Wideouts too bro...

Quote:
No it's called being blind. I guess Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, and Peyton Manning just never existed then. Oh wait they did, and they actually played back before 2004 when things like completion percentage and receiver leverage weren't skewed due to more rule changes in a perfect no-wind environment on turf.
Jesus Lightswitch, what don't you get? the rules have changed, and in the context of those changed rules Brees has been killing it, yet other Dome QB's haven't put up his numbers in the same time span, especially and without question in-terms of accuracy...

He's throwing thread through needle-holes you HATER (in like 10 straight National Tv games or whatever he's going off)...It's a cyclical argument and you suck at it...Keep saying skewed this and skewed that, every era is skewed in some fashion because the game has evolved in every era...You're just griping about the ones that happened in your prime...

It's like when Joe Namath--you know what forget it, dichotomy based arguments are lost on you...Like talking to my Aunt Sylvia over here...

You know how many outside games I've seen Brees throw ridiculous pinpoint passes that other QBs in this league can only dream of? Remember that outside game he played in called the Superbowl where he went 32-39, most completions ever? He doesn't play in 8 windy/frozen weather games a year so you'll never know how consistent he would do, but guess what, that's not his or anyones' fault...You play for who you play for, and you either excel or you don't...Keep bringing that butterknife to a laser fight...


C'mon thread posters, somebody judge this debate and determine a winner...I know sifting through the sarcasm and pot-shots are tuff, but there's a clear winner here...It's the peanut gallery's turn, DECIDE!
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 01:51   Link #4594
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Actually the bags were pre-90's before the Dome Patrol, lol OK maybe a couple of Ditka years, but those don't count...

Go watch a movie from your childhood that you thought was great, only to watch it in your adult mind to see WTF were you thinking...Understand the joy of winning a championship...You just don't understand yet...
Beating the snot out of the Chargers isn't that complicated to comprehend. LMFAO at you still riding the coat tails of the age card. You'd be sunk without it.

Again, do historians that studied the Civil War have no idea what they are talking about because they weren't alive to witness the event? By your logic I guess so.

Please, just go sit in the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Oooooh $hit! You'd be a first round Cornerback with back-peddling like this...

You've been bested dude, it's easier to just concede every once in a while...You looking kinda bad out here...

So owners can't be idiot fans? Or just plain idiots for that matter?

Okay? And you'd be a bust with your tendency trip over your words, or rather not provide impact at all with them. #god awful wisecrack from wingdarkness

And I don't see how I'm looking bad here, so I guess that notion carries zero weight, except from your stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That is dumb...You've gone on like an endless conveyer belt about how much the rules have changed to help passing, and you're cool with an offense that says, WR's? Meh? I remember Andrew Luck throwing it to Wideouts too bro...
Where did I say I was cool with the offensive production from the 49ers? Me being cool with it or not has NOTHING to do with the rules that have been changed over the years. 49ers had their top two receivers injured for the majority of the season, and by the time the postseason came they were down to one starter and the next man up was a 5th string receiver.

As for the offensive set up, it's what happened at Stanford whether you like it or not. Andrew Luck threw to receivers. Sure he did. So did Alex Smith. What the heck is your point? That doesn't mean receivers are going to have monster stats in that offense necessarily. Especially when the offense is designed to set up the run. And who the hell was a phenom in the receiving department at Stanford? Doug Baldwin? Here is a nice blub from ESPN regarding Stanford's wide receiving corps this past season:

Quote:
The regular season is over, which means grades are due. Here's part four of the ongoing regular-season report card for Stanford.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Grade: C+

Summary: A grade of "C" means average. Griff Whalen is the main reason they get the plus, but for the most part, Stanford's wide receivers were simply average.

With the tight ends Stanford has and the lack of double-coverage/safety help over the top and on the outside, the receivers should have been more productive this season.

Quarterback Andrew Luck completed 70 percent of his passes this season, but only 62.9 percent to his wide receivers. They were targeted 175 times, but had just 110 catches. Also, the receivers accounted for just eight of Luck's passing touchdowns -- the tight ends had 18 and the running backs/fullbacks accounted for nine. Even though 47 percent of Luck's passes went to wide receivers, they didn't deliver the bang for the buck -- accounting for just 23 percent of Luck's scores.

And chances are Luck's interception total would drop from nine to only four or five had his receivers not dropped passes or missed routes.

After a slow start through the first few games, Whalen emerged as the top wide receiver option. The former walk-on played his heart out, turning in a very respectable 49 catches for 664 yards and four touchdowns. He played beyond his scouting report and skill set. He wasn't the lone bright spot, but he was the most consistent player from about Week 4 on to make contributions -- be it on critical third downs or simply running clean routes.

Even before his injury, Chris Owusu was not having the season that he or David Shaw had hoped for. Give him credit for not being afraid to take the tough shots and go over the middle, but that ultimately led to his multiple concussions and putting him on the shelf for the remaining three and a half games (probably the bowl game as well).

In Owusu's absence, true freshman Ty Montgomery emerged and is bubbling with potential. He had some drops -- but I'm less critical of true freshmen than upper-classmen when it comes to drops. He was targeted 27 times by Luck and caught 17 balls for 230 yards and a touchdown. He really made an impact in the USC game -- catching five of six balls for 87 yards.

Backups: Not much from them this season. Montgomery -- when he was in a back-up role, had just two catches on four targets for 13 yards. Drew Terrell caught eight balls (12 targets) for 81 yards and a score. Jamal-Rashad Patterson had three catches for 38 yards -- but none thrown by Luck. Corey Gatewood had one catch before moving back over to defense.
http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-foo...wide-receivers

But no, offensive design and injuries can't possibly effect a passing offense. Nah.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Jesus Lightswitch, what don't you get? the rules have changed, and in the context of those changed rules Brees has been killing it, yet other Dome QB's haven't put up his numbers in the same time span, especially and without question in-terms of accuracy...

He's throwing thread through needle-holes you HATER (in like 10 straight National Tv games or whatever he's going off)...It's a cyclical argument and you suck at it...Keep saying skewed this and skewed that, every era is skewed in some fashion because the game has evolved in every era...You're just griping about the ones that happened in your prime...

It's like when Joe Namath--you know what forget it, dichotomy based arguments are lost on you...Like talking to my Aunt Sylvia over here...

You know how many outside games I've seen Brees throw ridiculous pinpoint passes that other QBs in this league can only dream of? Remember that outside game he played in called the Superbowl where he went 32-39, most completions ever? He doesn't play in 8 windy/frozen weather games a year so you'll never know how consistent he would do, but guess what, that's not his or anyones' fault...You play for who you play for, and you either excel or you don't...Keep bringing that butterknife to a laser fight...


C'mon thread posters, somebody judge this debate and determine a winner...I know sifting through the sarcasm and pot-shots are tuff, but there's a clear winner here...It's the peanut gallery's turn, DECIDE!
Yes Brees has been killing with the rule changes. This was never about that. This was about your implication that no one has ever thrown the rock as well as Brees in a dome. I think your Alzheimer's is kicking up again.

As for outside conditions, it's not just limited to Brees like you are trying to make it. Before I was talking about dome teams struggling in the playoffs, dome TEAMS. Maybe back in your day they called it clubs? Anyways, I never even hinted that Brees didn't play well outside in January. I'm talking about dome teams outside in the cold. Brees has has two good games in the last two playoff matches outside. And the Saints have still lost. Dome TEAMS haven't fared well consistently outside. Don't get this one twisted too.

Oh and I didn't say that other eras weren't effected either. But to use reference to Brees and his performances and say "no one has ever had 70% this, or 400 yard this" and all of your other courtroom case documents full of numbers and claim the crown without question (compared to others of historical lore) is kind of absurd. It's not surprising Brees blew the doors off the record books. We just had three 5,000 yard passers this season. That should tell you the sign of the times. Was Montana a worse passer than Brees because he didn't have a single 4,000 yard passing season in a 16 game schedule? And Brees has been better than Peyton Manning head to toe since Brees has played in a dome because he threw the ball more times? I think most non-bias would say "no" to that. Or rather, there wouldn't be a consensus that Brees would take the crown.

This was never even about Brees in the first place. But if someone is going to push the "he's the best best to ever play in a dome card" then I gotzzzz to step in. Can't let the common bystander who reads that get played like that.

Yeah I'm a hater. Great counterargument/FAIL.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-02-24 at 02:06.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:06   Link #4595
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Oooooh $hit! You'd be a first round Cornerback with back-peddling like this...

You've been bested dude, it's easier to just concede every once in a while...You looking kinda bad out here...
not to interrupt your catfight, but owners are idiots too

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 12:09   Link #4596
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
On the one hand, it's really fun to watch you guys go at it.....

On the other, you gotta admit, this kinda does validate the crtiticism our non-sport fans girlfriends give us when we get WAYYYYYYY too into stuff like this......

Shouldn't we at least talk about Spring Practices gearing up? Or the Draft maybe?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 13:12   Link #4597
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Summoner's Rift
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
On the one hand, it's really fun to watch you guys go at it.....

On the other, you gotta admit, this kinda does validate the crtiticism our non-sport fans girlfriends give us when we get WAYYYYYYY too into stuff like this......

Shouldn't we at least talk about Spring Practices gearing up? Or the Draft maybe?
Free agency madness begins March 8. I think that's when relatively sane ranting will recommence. Until then, leave it to the comedy duo, I guess.
__________________
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 14:50   Link #4598
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Well atleast tell me what you guys laffed at...Gimme something ;/
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 15:23   Link #4599
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 29
Probably about how hardcore you two are about your teams.

On a serious note, I have half a sandwich from Firehouse Subs, I can give you that
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 15:45   Link #4600
Drob_QB7
High school Quarterback
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I see, just like Piccolo your bull$hit regenerates...
I don't want pick sides but this comment was just to funny.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american football, sports

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.