AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 166 75.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 10.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 4.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.73%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-26, 09:24   Link #221
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kissing at best (they already did it once anyway), but I think they just sticked to toothbrushing. Knowing Tsukihi would come back soon must have acted as enough of a brake to prevent them from going to far.

I find it really hilarious that Koyomi felt absolutely nothing washing his sister's naked body a few episodes ago, yet he went nuts from brushing her teeth. I loved this line: "Huh? Huh? Huh? This is just a possibility, but... could it be my sister is the cutest girl in the world?"

That scene was so deliciously over-the-top
Karen was moaning a lot. I like to believe that they made out until it was time to go to Kanbaru's house or until Tsukihi came back. I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".

Next time they try Karen's rules and they see who can withstand having a toothbrush in their ass the longest.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:28   Link #222
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the corner
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
that don't exclude the fact that they could've lost control again...but as i said i think they did not what i know is that it will rain fanfics and fanart and i like it!
Yes, obviously. Like I said, there is no way of knowing (for sure). This ambiguity has indeed left a space open, which the fanfics and glorious (glorious!) doujins will no doubt fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One thing I saw on 4chan
I stayed away from 4chan after this episode aired, but to my surprise, the Catalog page isn't filled with "SLUT!" threads. Something about a toothbrush on almost every page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".
Yes. That's something I'm slightly concerned about: that this event will only remain as a "one off" type of thing. I certainly hope that the two come into a some kind of resolution about their feelings, if not in the end of Nise, then in the novels at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
there is a CG for that...
I was about to comment on that. Praise the boorus!
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:29   Link #223
leorodri100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Karen was moaning a lot. I like to believe that they made out until it was time to go to Kanbaru's house or until Tsukihi came back. I also like to believe that Karen ever since this event starts to sneak into Koyomi's room at night to play more "games".

Next time they try Karen's rules and they see who can withstand having a toothbrush in their ass the longest.
there is a CG for that...it looks like it was made by shaft the artist can use any art-wrok with perfection...but its r18 pic not posting here
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:37   Link #224
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Which plot?
Tsukihi's immortality

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One thing I saw on 4chan was that they were debating on if these two had sex after the episode ended. In the end they agreed that they just made out.

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty sure they didn't have sex but maybe a couple of kisses here and there wouldn't have hurt.
Thanks to Tsukihi's intervention I guess Karen's virginity wasn't claimed by her brother, but probably played around a little more... how more better leave it to doujinshi of C82
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:38   Link #225
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
One bad thing that does come with this episode is the fact that incest scenes will never arouse me anymore. THIS is the pinnacle of incest. All future others are going to be meh for me. The only way this can be topped is if Nisio writes ANOTHER incest scene concern one of the sisters again.

Please Nisio, the world needs more incest. MORE I SAY, MORE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Tsukihi's immortality



Thanks to Tsukihi's intervention I guess Karen's virginity wasn't claimed by her brother, but probably played around a little more... how more better leave it to doujinshi of C82
That's the thing. When Bake first came out both Nise novels were already out so a lot of artists already jumped on the toothbrush wagon. There is reason to believe that the incest doujins have already hit saturation.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-02-26 at 13:50. Reason: please don't double-post
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:41   Link #226
leorodri100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One bad thing that does come with this episode is the fact that incest scenes will never arouse me anymore. THIS is the pinnacle of incest. All future others are going to be meh for me. The only way this can be topped is if Nisio writes ANOTHER incest scene concern one of the sisters again.

Please Nisio, the world needs more incest. MORE I SAY, MORE!!!!!
i second that 100 times!
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:41   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
You know I always thought this was going to be the most talked about episode of the series.. but still this is a bit ridic... Nisio knew what he was doing when writing this and so did Shinbo when he adapted it.. this is making the Shinobu in the bath scene look like a small ripple in comparison... (even though story wise it's a much bigger event)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Thanks to Tsukihi's intervention I guess Karen's virginity wasn't claimed by her brother, but probably played around a little more... how more better leave it to doujinshi of C82
You seen that Homunculus doujin that was mainly focused on Nadeko? lmao @ how dense Koyomi was during the Nadeko twister part.. and than to find out that he actually thinks that way in the novels.. hilarious. The entire Koyomi and Nadeko relationship is a nice parody of the dense male lead cliche.

Anyway had a little of Karen in that.. Homunculus needs to expand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One bad thing that does come with this episode is the fact that incest scenes will never arouse me anymore. THIS is the pinnacle of incest. All future others are going to be meh for me. The only way this can be topped is if Nisio writes ANOTHER incest scene concern one of the sisters again.

Please Nisio, the world needs more incest. MORE I SAY, MORE!!!!!
Hold up playa, like I said in the novel thread in regards to Andrew C's review of Nise 2 from back in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C
Add into that an uncomfortably eroticized scene where he brushes his sister's teeth, a scene far too disturbing to feel at home in a frothy thing like this, and something he's already done successfully in a different series
Of course it might not be what you're after.. but interesting to see that this scene got the "was done before and better" reaction from a long time Nisio fan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:47   Link #228
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You seen that Homunculus doujin that was mainly focused on Nadeko? lmao @ how dense Koyomi was during the Nadeko twister part.. and than to find out that he actually thinks that way in the novels.. hilarious. The entire Koyomi and Nadeko relationship is a nice parody of the dense male lead cliche.

Anyway had a little of Karen in that.. Homunculus needs to expand that.



Hold up playa, like I said in the novel thread in regards to Andrew C's review of Nise 2 from back in 2009.



Of course it might not be what you're after.. but interesting to see that this scene got the "was done before and better" reaction from a long time Nisio fan.
I've never read Zaregoto (tried, too long) so I don't what happened there. The only thing I'm concerned with is if Karen and Araragi gets even closer in the future.

Maybe they start bathing together again?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:50   Link #229
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That's the thing. When Bake first came out both Nise novels were already out so a lot of artists already jumped on the toothbrush wagon. There is reason to believe that the incest doujins have already hit saturation.
Indeed, but still they can try what happened afterwards, instead of repeating the scene... SHAFT topped the scale on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You seen that Homunculus doujin that was mainly focused on Nadeko? lmao @ how dense Koyomi was during the Nadeko twister part.. and than to find out that he actually thinks that way in the novels.. hilarious. The entire Koyomi and Nadeko relationship is a nice parody of the dense male lead cliche.

Anyway had a little of Karen in that.. Homunculus needs to expand that.
I remember TIES (Takei Ooki) features frequently the sisters, and occasionally Nadeko.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:50   Link #230
leorodri100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I've never read Zaregoto (tried, too long) so I don't what happened there. The only thing I'm concerned with is if Karen and Araragi gets even closer in the future.

Maybe they start bathing together again?
if nishin likes the public reaction with nisemono 8 than he just might do that in the future novels
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:52   Link #231
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the corner
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Maybe they start bathing together again?
Brushing teeth leads to kissing. Kissing leads to taking baths together as an extreme form of skinship. Then once the house is empty and the parents' liquor cabinet is left unlocked...

But yeah. I'm over exaggerating the influence of Karen. They will probably continue doing "harmless" things until Koyomi has dealt with Shinobu and Hitagi and Tsubasa and Tsukihi... The web is so tangled and the consequences probably so dire, that it's best to leave this as a... casual thing.

(The above is written somewhat with tongue in cheek. Don't take it too seriously.)
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:00   Link #232
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Brushing teeth leads to kissing. Kissing leads to taking baths together as an extreme form of skinship. Then once the house is empty and the parents' liquor cabinet is left unlocked...

But yeah. I'm over exaggerating the influence of Karen. They will probably continue doing "harmless" things until Koyomi has dealt with Shinobu and Hitagi and Tsubasa and Tsukihi... The web is so tangled and the consequences probably so dire, that it's best to leave this as a... casual thing.

(The above is written somewhat tongue in cheek. Don't take it too seriously.)
So they only play with each other when they are bored? Still good!!

This episode proves that the both of them and probably Tsukihi too are extreme sis/brocons.

What I REALLY want to see now is if Takotsuboya will do a doujin on this series. The one he did on Oreimo tackled incest already but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy seeing a "real" version of this series.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:05   Link #233
leorodri100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So they only play with each other when they are bored? Still good!!

This episode proves that the both of them and probably Tsukihi too are extreme sis/brocons.

What I REALLY want to see now is if Takotsuboya will do a doujin on this series. The one he did on Oreimo tackled incest already but I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy seeing a "real" version of this series.
lots of doujins will be made and hopefully great artist i'm ok even with a non-hentai doujin i mean i'm more into the karen X koyomi than the sex
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:11   Link #234
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
As someone who only watches the anime, I'm probably not the best person to offer a perspective, but when has that ever stopped me?

My take was that this entire toothbrush game was meant to be viewed through barely-parted fingers. The squealing is bizarrely sexual, the raep-faces are everywhere, and the music is building to this "In The Hall of the Mountain King" kind of frenzy. It's not supposed to be awesome in the moment. It's the kind of thing you play for Malcolm MacDowell as you squeeze a dropper of fluid onto his pried-open eyes.

The comedy comes from your brain screaming "He's just brushing her teeth, why is my stomach in my throat, and why have my bowels compressed to the size of a walnut??"

When Tsukihi arrives, all the squicky tension is instantly released in laughter - both uncomfortable and genuine - and her turn as Woody Woodpecker tells you everything you need to know about how absurdly scary she is. As if showing up in the bathroom with a kitchen knife and a pot holder wasn't enough of a hint.

I'm not saying it's a 10/10 episode. I'm just saying that it's an amazing, self-contained 22-minute sequence. It's a half-hour delivery of "The Aristocrats" joke, with Tsukihi appearing at the very end to give the punchline, and it's just as likely to evoke a response of "Was that supposed to be funny?"
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:27   Link #235
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Tsukihi's immortality )
I didn't see her being inmortal this episode .

I want to see if she can as cool as the other phoenix .
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:34   Link #236
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I didn't see her being inmortal this episode .
Aside from her brother saying it casually in the intro of the arc, she also survived passing through a door and a wall in her rush to get her siblings skewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I want to see if she can as cool as the other phoenix .
OMG... just NO
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:39   Link #237
leorodri100
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Aside from her brother saying it casually in the intro of the arc, she also survived passing through a door and a wall in her rush to get her siblings skewed
actually yeah.she really did that not in the comic way that girl is strong as hell...

let's be honest, when karen said [兄ちゃん。。。いいよ] that was our stairway to heaven.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:45   Link #238
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
When I left the post count was at 118. Enjoyed reading this thread a LOT. Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
One thing I saw on 4chan was that they were debating on if these two had sex after the episode ended. In the end they agreed that they just made out.

So what do you guys think?
That can't be true. I did not see Araragi brushing his own teeth, nor was anyone interested brushing his teeth for him. If I stay on that logic, I'd say Araragi was busy indulging himself as he labored to remove all of Karen-chan's plaque. It was a one sided affair.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:46   Link #239
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post

That wasn't the only problem with the episode. Araragi rubbing his foot on his sister's head whilst she was begging him to take her virginity
You are wrong. Just go watch the crunchyroll ver.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 10:48   Link #240
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
不死身 (fujimi) can mean also indestructible, instead of immortal (from the subs), but neither fits the greek phoenix (reborn from its ashes, ie destroyed and dead), which incidentally was the symbol of the 7 year military junta, which has more similarities to Tsukihi's role in the Araragi family.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.