AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-21, 00:47   Link #441
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastek
i'm asking hard maybe but try to help me. All i have is the story. The girl is in a coma. Her friends are with her in hospital waiting, hoping that she get well. But actually she is in a dream in the coma. She is fighting in the dream for his life. She was not alone. Some guys help her. Teach how to shoot. She shoots too much that her hands wound. But she tie some cloth and keep shooting. those happening in a ruined city. No body lives in there accept our survivors. They want to escape with a car but they returned to the beginning of the road again and again(like in the mouth of madness). the enemy is a huge black cat. Very big. 20 metres TALL i guess. and have a mark on forehead. And the want to shoot it from that mark. it is not series. it is old (6-8 years)And that coma event is the main story, Main Story. help me.
Oooooooh! One of my favorites! You got two details wrong, but there can be no doubt that you are describing Goshogun: Time Etranger.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 17:09   Link #442
tastek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
thanks! Prepare for the second

Thanks a lot. I knew i have given enough information. Sorry for mistakes i really saw it very long time ago.
Now i will ask you the second one. This one is more like american way. İt is series. Old again. Ten years old boy want to save 6-8 years old girl who was kidnapped. Time is after world war 3. The wold is under waters. The bad guy is like a professor. His men took the little girl. Boy is like a jungle boy. The professor has a egg-shaped (vertical) hovercraft. You always saw B-2 type planes as flashbacks. İt can named as a road-adventure i guess.
tastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 23:12   Link #443
hooliganj
Team Player
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Sounds like Future Boy Conan to me.
__________________
De Chelonian Mobile
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 04:59   Link #444
no one
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 36
Hello everybody, this is my very first post.
I saw this anime a long time ago when i was a kid ( mid 80's) and i was wandering if any one here knows its name. it's a commedy and about this ninja guy that just lost his granfather and got adobted by his grandfathers old girlfreind, she took him out of the wilderness and into tokyo ( i think) where she is the prencipal of a school there, there was also another school that has an old hag as a prencipal and she was rivals with the first old lady. I remember also that the ninja guy fell in love with the old ladys grand daughter but she couldn't stand him because he was so dirty and ate alot.
no one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 14:10   Link #445
tastek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
A very hard one and the last one

You found them. My childhood animes. this one is hard. all i can say is:
A mistical bad thing spread by computers. (this is the MAIN story) animations are great when it comes and kill everyone. You can see dead children in front of computers.(there is a quite violence) and i thing there is a bright light coming from computers. i have no info i watched it ten minutes maybe. so i don't know it's series or not.
tastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 00:31   Link #446
blaven
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
i need help identyfing this particular anime

well i was in taiwan for the summer and every afternoon this anime comes on the tv that i really like here goes:
It was centerd around an underground fighting ring. There were three (or four?)tournament blocks labled blockA block B block C. With two rows of fighters(12 everyblock it think)it was like a tournament. every fight took place in an octagon shaped ring with wood as the borders and with spectators watching. I watched a couple of fights. One was a karate guy dude versus this huge yakuza looking guy who took hits like a champ. Well the yakuza dude took the karate guy's calve(muscle in leg) and applied pressure to it and made it explode! Then near the end of the match some of the karate guy's friends cheered him on and he went into this pose where he punched as fast as a whip. Everytime he punched smoke would rise from his fist then he just owned the guy with a flurry of punches. Another fight was with this evil kung fu guy and the main character of the show(i think, he looks like yugo from bloody roar. He uses combos of punches and kicks and wears red trunks like an all round fighter) well the kung fu dude stick his fingers into the main character's ears and his thumb into his belly button. THen the main guy got pissed off and snaps his neck all the way to the back and leaves it that way. Another fight was with this african american boxer and this hard headed gangster(hard headed as in he uses his head as a weapon). It starts off with the gangster throwing off the boxer by tieing their legs together with a long cloth. Then the boxer has a vision of the great street boxing champion and removes his gloves to get pumped. The gangster accepts the challenge and cuts the cloth. Then a violent fight ensues then. when the boxer punched the gangster he used his head to intercept his punch and break the boxer's hands. Finally the boxer's manager throws in the towel for the sake of the boxer losing his hands. the gangsters face if screwed up after, and there is some sort of relationship between the gangster with the yakuza guy metioned above. Also other story observations ive seen are that there is this long red haired guy who is super strong that everyone wants to fight(especially the main character) they showed a clip of the guy training on bears. And there is this uber guy that is on crazy killer steroids that puts him on the same level as the red haired guy. The steroids were so powerful that the creator killed himself so noone would know about it. (the creator of the steroids did kill himself but im just assuming the reason. the things the uber guy were injected with were enhancers(cuz he punched a body of water and made the fish pop out but i dont know if they were actually called steroids) at the end of every episode it shows the current results of the blocks and any people that lost have their picture in black and white and the people who are still competing are still colored. They go through each block and after the credits it shows a belt with a lion's head on it and the words "Free WILL" written in exxagerated writing. Thank you for reading this i hope this helps
blaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 01:41   Link #447
Thelastguardian
...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
wow

a few things

1) You need a new life No way in hell a sane person would type this much
2) You have photographic memory as you memorize every little details of the show
3) You need to double-space the damn thing.
__________________
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 03:45   Link #448
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 25
Well I have this anime i watched in 1997 though I dont know when it was produced.

The story goes like this: (vague)

In a future world, man are able to travel from place to place in space via portals. The original creator of them was a boy's father (the main character). The work was not completed but the government (or something) ordered a test on it and things went wrong and the portal started to "move" (don't know why) and to stop it, the creator tried to shut all the energies into the space which u can call "inside the portal". Then he got trapped inside as well. Inside the time flows much slower than the outside. Hence about 15++ years or so have passed while inside only like few weeks (20 days( have passed and the boy is going out to find his father.

He works for a travelling agency kind of company as the cleaner and falls in love with a girl with supernatural strength (that girl is not a human or is some other ailean races). The girl was saved from the same portal which the boy's father was in prior to the father trying to trap the energy. The boss of the company was previously a pirate.

After some time working at the company and having a lot of fun adventures, another portal had problems. The turbulence caused the father to be "unstuck" from the space he was trapped in and the father and son reunion managed to stop the "run-away" portal.

Phew.... if you didnt understand then never mind. It was an anime long ago.. now i feel like watching it again though i forgot the name.... hope someone knows.

and those portals are something like a "tunnel" of some sort..
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 04:40   Link #449
hooliganj
Team Player
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaven
well i was in taiwan for the summer and every afternoon this anime comes on the tv that i really like here goes:
It was centerd around an underground fighting ring. There were three (or four?)tournament blocks labled blockA block B block C. With two rows of fighters(12 everyblock it think)it was like a tournament. every fight took place in an octagon shaped ring with wood as the borders and with spectators watching. I watched a couple of fights. One was a karate guy dude versus this huge yakuza looking guy who took hits like a champ. Well the yakuza dude took the karate guy's calve(muscle in leg) and applied pressure to it and made it explode! Then near the end of the match some of the karate guy's friends cheered him on and he went into this pose where he punched as fast as a whip. Everytime he punched smoke would rise from his fist then he just owned the guy with a flurry of punches. Another fight was with this evil kung fu guy and the main character of the show(i think, he looks like yugo from bloody roar. He uses combos of punches and kicks and wears red trunks like an all round fighter) well the kung fu dude stick his fingers into the main character's ears and his thumb into his belly button. THen the main guy got pissed off and snaps his neck all the way to the back and leaves it that way. Another fight was with this african american boxer and this hard headed gangster(hard headed as in he uses his head as a weapon). It starts off with the gangster throwing off the boxer by tieing their legs together with a long cloth. Then the boxer has a vision of the great street boxing champion and removes his gloves to get pumped. The gangster accepts the challenge and cuts the cloth. Then a violent fight ensues then. when the boxer punched the gangster he used his head to intercept his punch and break the boxer's hands. Finally the boxer's manager throws in the towel for the sake of the boxer losing his hands. the gangsters face if screwed up after, and there is some sort of relationship between the gangster with the yakuza guy metioned above. Also other story observations ive seen are that there is this long red haired guy who is super strong that everyone wants to fight(especially the main character) they showed a clip of the guy training on bears. And there is this uber guy that is on crazy killer steroids that puts him on the same level as the red haired guy. The steroids were so powerful that the creator killed himself so noone would know about it. (the creator of the steroids did kill himself but im just assuming the reason. the things the uber guy were injected with were enhancers(cuz he punched a body of water and made the fish pop out but i dont know if they were actually called steroids) at the end of every episode it shows the current results of the blocks and any people that lost have their picture in black and white and the people who are still competing are still colored. They go through each block and after the credits it shows a belt with a lion's head on it and the words "Free WILL" written in exxagerated writing. Thank you for reading this i hope this helps
I read about half of that before my eyes started to water, but nevertheless, it sounds a lot like Grappler Baki.
__________________
De Chelonian Mobile
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 16:46   Link #450
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Hallo,

what are the correct names of this series:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/toribla/
and
http://www.eureka-prj.net/
__________________
PS: Athrun Vs. Playboy
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 17:01   Link #451
-AR-
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: フィンランド
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Hallo,

what are the correct names of this series:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/toribla/
Trinity BloodKoukyou Shihen Eureka Seven
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 10:47   Link #452
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
http://kof00.free.fr/jump03_04/0001.jpg

The Series left corner which is announced for 2005 (no oneshot ?). What is the correct name ? Thanks.

Here another one:
http://kof00.free.fr/jump03_04/0002.jpg
__________________
PS: Athrun Vs. Playboy
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 14:45   Link #453
hooliganj
Team Player
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Is this the one you mean? スベルヲイトワズ

It's really odd to see ヲ instead of を, and it makes me think they chose the character for the sound instead of marking the object of the sentence, which would make the title Suberu White Wars. If ヲ is the object marker, then it might be Detesting Suberu, and that makes me wonder why it's in katakana. Either way, it's a strange title.
__________________
De Chelonian Mobile
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 16:26   Link #454
Mb81
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Is this the one you mean? スベルヲイトワズ

It's really odd to see ヲ instead of を, and it makes me think they chose the character for the sound instead of marking the object of the sentence, which would make the title Suberu White Wars. If ヲ is the object marker, then it might be Detesting Suberu, and that makes me wonder why it's in katakana. Either way, it's a strange title.
Jepp. I meant this.

So "Suberu" would be the name ?
__________________
PS: Athrun Vs. Playboy
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 03:52   Link #455
hooliganj
Team Player
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
That's how it looks to me. My dictionary offers 'to control' or 'to glide or slide' as meanings for the verb 'suberu', but the conjugation is all wrong here, even for a title. I think it's a name.
__________________
De Chelonian Mobile
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 09:49   Link #456
hoks
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Hi

I watched this mecha anime after 1985 I think

Its about a boy that has a small model kit robot that he can control with a small laptop computer

he enters some fighting tournements and when the robot jumps into the ring it does a somersault and flips a cape off to reveal itself, I think in the first fight the boy looses and his robot ends up with a broken leg but he fixes it

the robot can be upgraded with special parts

the last episode I remeber is where they boy takes on a challenge from a black robot controlled by another kid in a junk yard

I think the name of the anime in japanese translates literally as white gold warrior or something, I am not sure

Does anybody know the name of this anime or where I can get more info about it

Thanks
hoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:38   Link #457
Izzy
Corrupted
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 32
small help here, prolly special help from kj1980
anyways, what is the name of this?

http://www.cyril.dreamhost.com/a/res/1911.html

thanks in advance
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:58   Link #458
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoks
Hi

I watched this mecha anime after 1985 I think

Its about a boy that has a small model kit robot that he can control with a small laptop computer

he enters some fighting tournements and when the robot jumps into the ring it does a somersault and flips a cape off to reveal itself, I think in the first fight the boy looses and his robot ends up with a broken leg but he fixes it

the robot can be upgraded with special parts

the last episode I remeber is where they boy takes on a challenge from a black robot controlled by another kid in a junk yard

I think the name of the anime in japanese translates literally as white gold warrior or something, I am not sure

Does anybody know the name of this anime or where I can get more info about it

Thanks
I'm not sure, but is this it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1432
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 15:42   Link #459
Angel Hikari
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Is this real?

A few days ago, I came across this picture on the net

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ari/hiphop.jpg

but all the Anime enthusiaist around here don't really listen to rap, so I was wondering if this was a real anime or...? and if so, is there anywhere to get pics from this series...?

Last edited by xris; 2004-12-30 at 15:58. Reason: Thread merged (and img tag changed to url tag)
Angel Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 02:26   Link #460
Lunar Alchemist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, USA
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Lunar Alchemist Send a message via MSN to Lunar Alchemist
Anyone one what this Anime is called?

Somehow I was reminded of an obscure game for the Turbo Grafx 16 called Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. While looking at the pics of the game, I vaguely recall seeing a familiar Anime with the main character that looked exactly like the guy in the game. I also remember there was a small princess, and a fat samurai with two katanas and I think there were robot mechs also. I thought it was called Keith Courage, but when I ran a search on Yahoo, it turned up nothing but obscure articles about the game. Anyone know what the anime is called?
Lunar Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anime, anime figure, game, identification, manga, quotes, search, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.