AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-27, 08:44   Link #2081
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Interestingly enough, Zessica isn't as forward with her advances after she isn't half fooling around anymore. Which, while giving another dimension to her character, makes me a bit sad because it was her forwardness that made me like her in the first place.
Maybe why I find this episode to be the less entertaining of the bunch.

But it also proves that Zessica is a very considerate person.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:57   Link #2082
Aoi Toori
Aishiteru Banzai!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the Middle of Nowhere..
oooh this also a nice episode and I really like how's they handle andy and MIX interaction. nice save there andy, too bad you failed to gattai on the last minutes, better luck next time LMAO to all the holes reference in this episode
__________________
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:58   Link #2083
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Maybe why I find this episode to be the less entertaining of the bunch.

But it also proves that Zessica is a very considerate person.
Eh? It just means that she's uncertain about herself and doesn't want to make a move until she sorted out her own feelings.


This is the classic case of 'be careful what you wish for, fans', I mean you couldn't really not see this coming after how last week ended right? Even so there's no way in heck that a character would remain as they were after an experience like falling in love, unless of course falling in love is a common thing for them.

In some extreme cases, the female characters you like are better off not falling in love to begin with so they wouldn't change.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 08:59   Link #2084
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Holes are deep......


While the entire episode was pretty fun watching,

^This made my day
Oh my Crea...Beautiful as always....
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:05   Link #2085
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? It just means that she's uncertain about herself and doesn't want to make a move until she sorted out her own feelings.


This is the classic case of 'be careful what you wish for, fans', I mean you couldn't really not see this coming after how last week ended right? Even so there's no way in heck that a character would remain as they were after an experience like falling in love, unless of course falling in love is a common thing for them.

In some extreme cases, the female characters you like are better off not falling in love to begin with so they wouldn't change.
To be honest, I find the relationship between Amata and Mikono so dull and boring, that I wouldn't mind Zessica NTRing Mikono in the most back stabbing way possible, even if it would make her a bitch.

I won't change my mind on Zessica any time soon.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:08   Link #2086
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
To be honest, I find the relationship between Amata and Mikono so dull and boring, that I wouldn't mind Zessica NTRing Mikono in the most back stabbing way possible, even if it would make her a bitch.
Aquarion Evol should be renamed as Aquarion NTR.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:08   Link #2087
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
To be honest, I find the relationship between Amata and Mikono so dull and boring, that I wouldn't mind Zessica NTRing Mikono in the most back stabbing way possible, even if it would make her a bitch.
At which point you would lose sight of what make Zessica a likeable character to you in first place.

Yeah, that's a much better alternative right? End justifies the means characters are so well loved these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

I won't change my mind on Zessica any time soon.
I wonder though... You've made at least 3-4 posts about how disappointed you are of Zessica's change in behavior since this episode started...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-27 at 09:20.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:21   Link #2088
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
...If they really want to match the symbolism (which could be put for gratuitous lol and to sell Fudo card decks), I'm getting the vibe more and more that Amata might be a descendant rather than a reincarnation (those associated with Aces+the Joker are the ones who are usually about 'new beginnings' and 'rebirth' but Amata's strangely linked with the freaking Jack of Clubs which has zero connection to that). Oh well, let's see how this will turn up.
**The fool is a nice fit to Kagura, but the Jack of Spades is a bit out of nowhere and not very indicative of Amata (unless he really is a *nobody*, at which point you really could fit him in as the *friend and advisor* role) and Zessica's Diamond seems a bit baffling since the only wedding the show has alluded to involved Mikono.**

Spoiler for Old School Tarot:


Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I dont get why zen would ship amata and mikono if mikono is the real incarnation while amata isn't. That would be rather tragic to seperate kagura if he is apollo.

If zessica gets one more song from first series like kouya no heath or pride nagaki no tabi. I would say she is someone from the past series.
Is Fudo shipping them? Or is he using them to ship everyone else (and in effect cockblocking Amata) and bring out their powers, because he had a pretty smug *Love if Forbidden* line at the end of the episode while, five feet away, Andy and Mix were arguing like a married couple. (And remember, Mykage is shipping Kagura and Mikono, its Fudo who's trying to block it.)

Zessica on her own hasn't gotten the songs, its always been with Amata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What I'm surprised is that people didn't see this coming.
Honestly, I thought it'd be the other way around. You know, like standard anime fair, where she tries to get in the way of everything but this time with an ulterior motive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Eh? It just means that she's uncertain about herself and doesn't want to make a move until she sorted out her own feelings.
She seemed fairly certain about saying she'd take him if Mikono won't claim him. I thought the whole point was to show that she's trying to balance friendship (with Mikono and the knowing, quite obviously, that Mikono and Amata like each other) with the fact that she also likes Amata. So she's stuck between a rock and a hard place of sorts.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:27   Link #2089
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Aquarion Evol should be renamed as Aquarion NTR.
True that.

In that regard, Mikage is my hero. He can make awesome NTR of things that aren't like that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which then you would lose sight of what make Zessica a likeable character to you in first place.
I liked her because she was forward, blunt, fun and flirty. And how she's so good at reading Mikono and throwing her bS in her face.

Her being a bit considerate would just be a plus. In fact no. It would be a bit of a downer. I don't want Zessica wallowing in self pity, so if she wants Amata she'd better act on it. Even if it is to be rejected, at least it would help her getting over the whole thing.
Quote:
Yeah, that's a much better alternative right? End justifies the means characters are so well loved these days.
Well I'm someone who likes villains. So morality is not what I'm necesserally looking for in a character. Not that I can't like good guys as well.


Quote:
I wonder though... You've made at least 3-4 posts about how disappointed you are of Zessica's change in behavior since this episode started...
Of course I am. Angst doesn't fit her really well.
Get over it girl !
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:29   Link #2090
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
going by this cards stuff, zessica's card ace of diamond or ace of pentacle in this link. the whole flowers theme and being abundant makes sense. also the card is of practical sense which makes sense cause zessica seems to be a practical person. to me it looks like she is sirius but without the evil in her.

http://www.tarotteachings.com/ace-of...d-meaning.html

it is also a card of trust. so while zessica will suffer she won't defect
she also got the hand of god. i mean giving instead of taking.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:30   Link #2091
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Honestly, I thought it'd be the other way around. You know, like standard anime fair, where she tries to get in the way of everything but this time with an ulterior motive.
Nah, the confident friendly ones usually don't stay that way when in love, as feelings change so does the interaction. While it could very well go the way you've said, how the episode ended last week was a good indication of how she would be taking this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
She seemed fairly certain about saying she'd take him if Mikono won't claim him.
I would argue that it's more of a whisper or a slip of the tongue rather than a declaration of sort


EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I thought the whole point was to show that she's trying to balance friendship (with Mikono and the knowing, quite obviously, that Mikono and Amata like each other) with the fact that she also likes Amata. So she's stuck between a rock and a hard place of sorts.
Hence the uncertainty that I've mentioned.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:36   Link #2092
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
going by this cards stuff, zessica's card ace of diamond or ace of pentacle in this link. the whole flowers theme and being abundant makes sense. also the card is of practical sense which makes sense cause zessica seems to be a practical person. to me it looks like she is sirius.

http://www.tarotteachings.com/ace-of...d-meaning.html
I don't see Sirius in that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah, the confident friendly ones usually don't stay that way when in love, as feelings change so does the interaction. While it could very well go the way you've said, how the episode ended last week was a good indication of how she would be taking this.
Mayhaps you are right, but I still expected her to interact with and be around Amata in the following episode, just in a more awkward way (which, I'm pretty sure, is the most common reaction even given the ending of 8)... instead they just kept her entirely away from him the whole time.

As I said before, I had expected Mikono to be the one where Zessica was at the end of the episode and vice-versa for Zessica (playing off the tropes of: main girl finds that other girl has fallen for guy, keeps distance because she thinks guy also likes other girl <- pretty common trope for triangles), but it was the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I would argue that it's more of a whisper or a slip of the tongue rather than a declaration of sort
The fact remains that she said it, meaning she was thinking it. To the edit, I wouldn't call it uncertainty about her feelings but about what course of action to take, if that's what you meant then we agree.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:42   Link #2093
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I liked her because she was forward, blunt, fun and flirty. And how she's so good at reading Mikono and throwing her bS in her face.
Once, it happened once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Her being a bit considerate would just be a plus. In fact no. It would be a bit of a downer. I don't want Zessica wallowing in self pity, so if she wants Amata she'd better act on it. Even if it is to get dumped, at least it would help her getting over the whole thing.

Well I'm someone who likes villains. So morality is not what I'm necesserally looking for in a character. Not that I can't like good guys as well.

Of course I am. Angst doesn't fit her really well.
Get over it girl !
My point is again, be careful what you wish for. You might be alright with it now, but when it happens and doesn't turn out the way you thought or you realized that it's not something you can accept, you'll be miserable again just like in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Mayhaps you are right, but I still expected her to interact with and be around Amata in the following episode, just in a more awkward way (which, I'm pretty sure, is the most common reaction even given the ending of 8)... instead they just kept her entirely away from him the whole time.
Okay to be fair I also wasn't expecting her to get only two lines out of the entire episode, but aside from that I wasn't particularly surprise at her change of behavior and sort of welcome it instead of maintaining her perfect girl personality.

Yes that's right, in the context of this series Zessica was the 'perfect girl' without flaws, not Mikono.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
As I said before, I had expected Mikono to be the one where Zessica was at the end of the episode and vice-versa for Zessica (playing off the tropes of: main girl finds that other girl has fallen for guy, keeps distance because she thinks guy also likes other girl <- pretty common trope for triangles), but it was the other way around.
Well people wanted change, so we got it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The fact remains that she said it, meaning she was thinking it. To the edit, I wouldn't call it uncertainty about her feelings but about what course of action to take, if that's what you meant then we agree.
Hmmm, I don't know, I still think there's a bit of uncertain feelings... I mean last episode she doesn't even know why she's feeling like that...

Btw, it's not mayumi that said it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:52   Link #2094
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay to be fair I also wasn't expecting her to get only two lines out of the entire episode, but aside from that I wasn't particularly surprise at her change of behavior.
Change in behavior is fine (I simply expected it to a lesser degree than what I got), the lack of interaction is a bit suspect... but, if they left them to interact we'd have gone even more episodes without Mikono and Amata being together much less talking about anything other than Amata's flying erections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, I don't know, I still think there's a bit of uncertain feelings... I mean last episode she doesn't even know why she's feeling like that...
I still think she knows what she wants but sees the block/relationship between Mikono and Amata and won't act. If she were uncertain then I'd expect her to continue interacting because it would help her get a better grasp on what she's feeling. By being certain, she knows that if she were to interact she'd do it for herself... and be a poor friend to Mikono, hence just keeping her distance.

... Would have been easier to deduce if she'd had more than two lines but, alas, that make it too obvious as to what the last two episodes were all about.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:00   Link #2095
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
well zessica might just be practical. she might like amata but she is not willing to make a move unless victory is guaranteed. mikono's got the love card and reincarnations going for her. she was never going to win but i just wanted her to have atleast a good enough role in the story.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:04   Link #2096
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
well zessica might just be practical. she might like amata but she is not willing to make a move unless victory is guaranteed. mikono's got the love card and reincarnations going for her. she was never going to win but i just wanted her to have atleast a good enough role in the story.
What happens if Thess and I are right, and Amata is not a reincarnation of anyone?

I'm sure Zessica's role in the story, much like Kagura's, is going to increase when the ball gets rolling. Otherwise, why introduce them much less spend two episodes building up to the former's falling in love and a bunch of episodes to establish a connection for the latter with Mikono. Colossal wastes of time?
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:06   Link #2097
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
well zessica might just be practical. she might like amata but she is not willing to make a move unless victory is guaranteed. mikono's got the love card and reincarnations going for her. she was never going to win but i just wanted her to have atleast a good enough role in the story.
I wouldn't count Zessica out yet.
There is still Kagura and Mikono has yet to show her 'warui onna' side.

It would be anticlimatic to introduce Zessica's crush on Amata, showing her being gloomy because of it and do absolutely nothing of it.

Zessica appears now in a underdog status that could be intended to have watchers root for her.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:30   Link #2098
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
it would seem ace of cups is associated with lotus as well. which we see in OP
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:17   Link #2099
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
It seems that whatever Mykage is on Altair only the top people like Izumo, Jin, and Kagura know about him; Jin's underlings didn't seem to recognize him at all, even by reputation...
I can't check the official site atm but if I remember correctly his character description says that he's a deity, or something along those lines... it would make sense, given that as an Angel he's pretty much immortal and vastly more powerful than humans (even non-ordinary ones, such as Kagura). It's still strange that people don't know about him - nobody at Altair ever wondered what that huge ice crystal thing (now turned into a luxurious garden with a nice waterfall) was just outside of what seems to be the capital? But those ruins(??) in the crystal make me think that Mykage may be the last of the Shadow Angels who once lived on Altair. I suppose they died out so long ago that no-one remembers them anymore, and with Mykage's apparent penchant for sleeping for years maybe he faded from public consciousness, too.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:22   Link #2100
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Zuul: Oh man, if Zessica wanted to go full-evil have I got a cracked-out scenario for you: next week Jin is the transfer student, and sees Amata and Mikono all lovey-dovey. Somehow he and Zessica get in touch and he makes her an offer: he can help her out if she can bring Mikono somewhere (not sure how he'd lure her...). Zessica's for it, Jin's plan is to bring the both of them back with him to Altair, but his plan backfires slightly, Mikono's taken (she's easy pickings, after all) but Zessica escapes (thanks to her element ability).

Bonus evil: Zessica doesn't come clean about her role in arranging the abduction. Bonus bonus evil: Shu-shu stays back on Vega, and takes a dislike to Zessica, as some kind of nagging external conscience.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.