AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-26, 20:55   Link #6761
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 28
Damn body snatchers.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:37   Link #6762
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
I just went back and read that part. After carefully looking at it it would seem she was going to give him a BIG reward
Yuuuup XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
Does anyone know if there is any fanfiction that is set after Stand By Me. I just read the novel again and got in the mood to look up some more FMP no matter what it is.
As far as I know... No. o_O I think there's one or two short one shots, but there's really nothing out there. I... I'm working on something myself. Slowly. And I do have a fic request for something that takes place after it as well waiting to be done. (Hopefully within the next couple weeks)

Right now, this is what I'm working on. It hasn't picked up yet, but it's inspired by the TV show Burn Notice (which, if you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it). Sousuke will basically end up taking jobs from random people to help them out in the way that only he can. It obviously won't be exactly like Burn Notice since, well, it's Japan, not Miami, and Sousuke is definitely not a master spy like Michael Westen is XD

The first client is going to be the Russian stripper Natalia from the short story "Miiratori no Drunker." Whenever I get around to writing it......
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:52   Link #6763
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Yuuuup XDDD



As far as I know... No. o_O I think there's one or two short one shots, but there's really nothing out there. I... I'm working on something myself. Slowly. And I do have a fic request for something that takes place after it as well waiting to be done. (Hopefully within the next couple weeks)

Right now, this is what I'm working on. It hasn't picked up yet, but it's inspired by the TV show Burn Notice (which, if you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it). Sousuke will basically end up taking jobs from random people to help them out in the way that only he can. It obviously won't be exactly like Burn Notice since, well, it's Japan, not Miami, and Sousuke is definitely not a master spy like Michael Westen is XD

The first client is going to be the Russian stripper Natalia from the short story "Miiratori no Drunker." Whenever I get around to writing it......
I like it! At least you're putting them in a couple's situation. I love Burn Notice and Sousuke does need a job lol.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 00:22   Link #6764
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
First thing's first: FMP! Sigma v.17 will be released a month earlier than anticipated. Instead of a May release, it's April 5th. ^^ Sousuke and the ARX-8 with the XL-3 will be the cover. Seems like this is the draft that got chosen.







It was a reward. "Oh, you've been such a loyal servant for me, Leonard, so in return you may have my body." That was Sophia's thoughts for it. But yeah, totally denied, thank god. XD Kaname made her presence known and that made Sophia too uncomfortable to allow it to go anywhere.
It sucks the manga is so slow, i hate it when you get hooked on a depressing manga but i hate it even more when you ahve to wait ages to continue reading it.

Oh so basically she plans on letting him fuck her lol whats leonards reaction when she pulls away?

And also whats the story with the captain? not sure of his name but the one that was like a father to souske then betrayed him i hope souske murders his ass lol.

And does tessa finally give up on souske or does it just go unfinished?
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 04:22   Link #6765
MisterBaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
the Russian stripper Natalia
Oh God dammit!!!
*Ivan Rage'on*
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:05   Link #6766
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
It sucks the manga is so slow, i hate it when you get hooked on a depressing manga but i hate it even more when you ahve to wait ages to continue reading it.

Oh so basically she plans on letting him fuck her lol whats leonards reaction when she pulls away?

And also whats the story with the captain? not sure of his name but the one that was like a father to souske then betrayed him i hope souske murders his ass lol.

And does tessa finally give up on souske or does it just go unfinished?
Spoiler for fmp:
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:54   Link #6767
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
Spoiler for fmp:
And what about the traitor captain? the one that took souske in
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 12:32   Link #6768
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
And what about the traitor captain? the one that took souske in
That ones a little complicated

Spoiler for fmp:


I highly recommend you read Stand By Me and check out the story yourself. It's a great ending to the series.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:39   Link #6769
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
That ones a little complicated

Spoiler for fmp:


I highly recommend you read Stand By Me and check out the story yourself. It's a great ending to the series.
True i just kind of meant what happens to him like whats the outcome does souske kill him does he escpe does he get rrested whats the go? and what about leonard? id be disapointed if he didnt die tbh.

And im really excited for it but is it a full awesome reunion between mellisa and kurz? i love that pairing so much dude im guessing they have a week sex tournament to make up for lost time? hehe
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:21   Link #6770
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
True i just kind of meant what happens to him like whats the outcome does souske kill him does he escpe does he get rrested whats the go? and what about leonard? id be disapointed if he didnt die tbh.

And im really excited for it but is it a full awesome reunion between mellisa and kurz? i love that pairing so much dude im guessing they have a week sex tournament to make up for lost time? hehe
lol, you'll just have to read to find out.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:25   Link #6771
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
lol, you'll just have to read to find out.
I cant read it the LN isnt translated and its going to be like 3 yuears before the manga gets to any of what were talking about lol you may aswell just tell me
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:40   Link #6772
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
I cant read it the LN isnt translated and its going to be like 3 yuears before the manga gets to any of what were talking about lol you may aswell just tell me
actually i found a guy that did translate the novel(s). It has no pictures from it so you'll have to look for those but the text is there and translated quite nicely.

Here's the site: http://xmistervx.livejournal.com/
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 17:47   Link #6773
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan93 View Post
actually i found a guy that did translate the novel(s). It has no pictures from it so you'll have to look for those but the text is there and translated quite nicely.

Here's the site: http://xmistervx.livejournal.com/
Ok i read them ahaha. For one i relly thought kurz's return wasnt very.... Flashy? it was so like sudden i was hoping for a build up i hope the manga does it better.

Reading these made me really dislike kaname she gives up so easily its not funny tessa is way more head strong.

and iv gotta sy the best line in the whole novel.

Then they saw a lone truck driving away from the scene of the explosion, to the east, then passing the
base perimeter, and heading right towards them at full speed.
- Hey, wait a...
The truck passed them at full speed, and as the light fell for an instant on the vehicle, they saw that in the
driver's seat was none other than Sousuke Sagara.
- Sousuke..?!
Fifty meters on the truck screeched to a halt, then changed gear, reversed and stopped near them.
- What are you doing here?
That familiar, sullen face, the same mouth with its edges always turned down.

hahahaha i pissed myself laughing dude really cool way to reintroduce him for once it wasnt ll dramatic and mooshy it was just straight up slap stick funny kinda.

Also the ending was kind of nice. Reading all these was a huge weight off my chest lol
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:38   Link #6774
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Ok i read them ahaha. For one i relly thought kurz's return wasnt very.... Flashy? it was so like sudden i was hoping for a build up i hope the manga does it better.

Reading these made me really dislike kaname she gives up so easily its not funny tessa is way more head strong.

and iv gotta sy the best line in the whole novel.

Then they saw a lone truck driving away from the scene of the explosion, to the east, then passing the
base perimeter, and heading right towards them at full speed.
- Hey, wait a...
The truck passed them at full speed, and as the light fell for an instant on the vehicle, they saw that in the
driver's seat was none other than Sousuke Sagara.
- Sousuke..?!
Fifty meters on the truck screeched to a halt, then changed gear, reversed and stopped near them.
- What are you doing here?
That familiar, sullen face, the same mouth with its edges always turned down.

hahahaha i pissed myself laughing dude really cool way to reintroduce him for once it wasnt ll dramatic and mooshy it was just straight up slap stick funny kinda.

Also the ending was kind of nice. Reading all these was a huge weight off my chest lol
Yea, i can't wait to read (see) it in manga form but at least we know how it ends. Hope u enjoyed it though.

I also hope that all your questions are answered lol.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:11   Link #6775
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Does any one have any info on Full Metal Panic! Another? I'm not asking whens it going to be translated but the whole story.

Are there whispers?
Is someone being protect, then who?
Whats the main plot pretty much?

I understand from looking it up that Sousuke and Chidori aren't in it but I'm still crossing my fingers for some kinda cameo (or some kinda closure to let us know if there relationship has gotten any better). However that's not my question lol.

I also don't care about spoilers if there is any due to the novel being so new there really is nothing much to spoil.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 23:18   Link #6776
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I have no idea who Yusuf is, but looking at the badge he seems to be from Southeast Asia, and is probably a royalty with his own customized AS. He might actually be dangerous, despite the retro look.
I looked at his patch, and it seems that it's Arabic...
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 14:53   Link #6777
Cenit
Linkinball Z
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit Send a message via Skype™ to Cenit
Go and retire FMA. They hardly ever post on that board. Way less than here. This is ridiculous!

Last edited by Cenit; 2012-03-02 at 15:06.
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:33   Link #6778
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Oh crap, I just realized that! retired?!? Wtf!
Aw man how long has FMP dumped in
Old and retired ?!?!?
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:08   Link #6779
Ithekro
The Comet IS Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 39
About three hours.

I guess that happens after nearly six years of no new animated material.

Though if rumors/bets are correct, this will be back on Current Series again in a year or two.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:31   Link #6780
tigerfan93
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
You would think with the new manga coming out and everything that they would keep it up longer. Oh well, like Ithekro said it's not over yet.
tigerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.