AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-05, 11:14   Link #8641
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
OBJECTION!!

The movie had the best character designs.
O_o

With all due respect, are you serious?

I mean, I'm currently working on the movie, so I've seen it very much in detail. In a shocking number of scenes, the characters are looking DEFORMED, as if they were intended to be SD, and then the artist changed his mind. The characters have been chibified and do not resemble Hata's style for "normal" non-SD parts.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder here, but I'd actually PAY to have J.C.Staff do Season 3. The art in the movie has been a huge disappointment to me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 21:47   Link #8642
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Truth is in the eye of the beholder here, but I'd actually PAY to have J.C.Staff do Season 3. The art in the movie has been a huge disappointment to me.
Well, you're going to be disappointed then. Manglobe or whatever they're called are doing season 3 for sure. Your only real hope is that they go pure AO like most of the second half of season 1, and thus can completely skip due to how bad it'll inevitably be.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 07:39   Link #8643
HasuMasu
Mrs Casey
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 音楽室
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
O_o

With all due respect, are you serious?

I mean, I'm currently working on the movie, so I've seen it very much in detail. In a shocking number of scenes, the characters are looking DEFORMED, as if they were intended to be SD, and then the artist changed his mind. The characters have been chibified and do not resemble Hata's style for "normal" non-SD parts.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder here, but I'd actually PAY to have J.C.Staff do Season 3. The art in the movie has been a huge disappointment to me.
I never noticed any of that, so it's fine.
__________________
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 10:04   Link #8644
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I never noticed any of that, so it's fine.
Truth be told, me neither...
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:38   Link #8645
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Yeah, no idea what's Hata thinking. He's drawing them skinny as fuck. Do people actually like that? <___<

(Best seen when they're naked. Ch. 325. What do they EAT!?)
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!

Last edited by Rah; 2012-01-12 at 03:50.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:46   Link #8646
HasuMasu
Mrs Casey
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 音楽室
I didn't really notice anything of the sort.
__________________
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:16   Link #8647
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
You need to do a comparison. When not trying to look cute, aka "bobbleheads", they look a lot thinner than they did before. Especially without clothes. IMHO, it would be best that Hata never drew them semi naked again, cuz right now, it all just looks like they're suffering from anorexia.
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 06:13   Link #8648
HasuMasu
Mrs Casey
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 音楽室
I don't know, seeing my thin self all the time might have desensitized me to that sort of thing.
__________________
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:01   Link #8649
GlassesLady
dat apple
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: I'm aliens
They look like normal proportions for an anime character to me. :/
__________________
Let me show you my Pokemans.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 09:34   Link #8650
Shmion
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
IMHO, it would be best that Hata never drew them semi naked again, cuz right now, it all just looks like they're suffering from anorexia.
BMI for some characters:
===16.00===
Aika Kasumi: 16.80
Maria: 16.82
Risa Asakaze: 17.21
Hinagiku Katsura & Saki Kijima: 17.36
===17.50===
(A BMI nearing 15 is usually used as an indicator for starvation and the health risks involved, with a BMI <17.5 being an informal criterion for the diagnosis of anorexia nervosa.)
Izumi Segawa: 17.85
Ayumu Nishizawa: 17.91
Yukiji Katsura: 18.00
Chiharu Harukaze: 18.03
Miki Hanabishi: 18.42
===18.50===
(Underweight 16.00-18.50
Normal 18.50-25.00)
Lala Satalin Deviluke: 18.55
Ayumu Nishizawa + 3 kilos: 19.05
Yui Kotegawa: 19.43
Haruna Sairenji: 19.53
Azusa Nakano: 20.44
Yui Hirasawa: 20.55
Mio Akiyama: 21.09
Shmion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:53   Link #8651
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
The characters wit more mass would be more regarded as "sexy" rather than "cute", in most if the situations, I guess...
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:58   Link #8652
NaweG
Just some guy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
The characters wit more mass would be more regarded as "sexy" rather than "cute", in most if the situations, I guess...
SO there is a Higgs Boson concept in Hayate? Or perhaps that would be Higgs Bosom in this case (it's Manga AND Physics)
__________________
NaweG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 04:54   Link #8653
HasuMasu
Mrs Casey
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: 音楽室
^ Science jokes and manga? I like dat.
__________________
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 13:25   Link #8654
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Meh, while I understand that the characters are all physically well and don't suffer from malnutrition or the like, as the numbers clearly show (some being borderline, though), they're still drawn nearly as stick figures.

Make them thinner and they won't even classify as cute anymore, although I don't think they are so when nude.

Btw, what's Hayate's BMI? Seriously, he's a frekkin' stick figure in that bath scene. Hayate without any clothes CAN'T be seen as cute. That's just impossible. Especially not when he looks anorexic.

But I guess that's just my opinion... <___<
__________________
And then.. sharks eat them! Hahahahah!!
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 16:05   Link #8655
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Meh, while I understand that the characters are all physically well and don't suffer from malnutrition or the like, as the numbers clearly show (some being borderline, though), they're still drawn nearly as stick figures.

Make them thinner and they won't even classify as cute anymore, although I don't think they are so when nude.

Btw, what's Hayate's BMI? Seriously, he's a frekkin' stick figure in that bath scene. Hayate without any clothes CAN'T be seen as cute. That's just impossible. Especially not when he looks anorexic.

But I guess that's just my opinion... <___<
Screw the numbers. Hayate's stronger than a Gund*m. He's fine.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:50   Link #8656
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
352 out. The lampshading and 4th wall breaking is heavy with this one =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:53   Link #8657
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Has Hayate ever been sick?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 17:41   Link #8658
PositronCannon
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Spain
Age: 25
I liked this new chapter, the style felt more like the classic HnG that I read/watch the series for. Actually made me laugh a few times which is more than I can say for the last 30 or so chapters.
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:15   Link #8659
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 27
Good to finally have it back, in any case.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sora no Method 20/5 :: Shirobako 20/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 15/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5
Winter:
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:22   Link #8660
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by PositronCannon View Post
I liked this new chapter, the style felt more like the classic HnG that I read/watch the series for. Actually made me laugh a few times which is more than I can say for the last 30 or so chapters.
same here. it fell fresh
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.