AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-23, 16:26   Link #61
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Fairy Tail OVA 3 is apparently out, people are discussing about it. Anyone here watched it yet?
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 16:31   Link #62
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
I watched it.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 14:35   Link #63
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Like how Lucy saved her younger self and that was the reason why she wanted to join FT. Also lol how Natsu was the one that caused his scar.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 14:42   Link #64
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fairy Tail OVA 3

So... our happy group got warped to the past.
Lucy had fun observing the past Fairy Tail.
Natsu & Grey haven't changed at all since they were kids.
Totally LOL episode!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 17:51   Link #65
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Is OVA 3 actually from the manga? Or is it anime original? It does explain certain things, like Lucy's reason for infatuation with Fairy Tail in the beginning. However, it is strange that future Lucy is the reason why past Lucy wants to join.

Also, for the book, doesn't that mean that book keeps on looping to the past? Which means that it keeps on aging 6 years at every time loop. Wouldn't the book eventually deteriorate due to old age? Oh well, I guess I am thinking too much.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:38   Link #66
Crimrui
Hollow
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River of solitude
Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
^ I heard some members on other forum stating that Mashima was directly involved into creation and that it can freely be considered as canon.
__________________
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 19:55   Link #67
ShiroiRyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: France
Age: 26
Same like Crimson Cloud.
In MAL, they said about this and i think it's a good cannon OVA.
Loved the Lucy part.
__________________

You can click on it for a animated version.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 22:23   Link #68
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
^ I heard some members on other forum stating that Mashima was directly involved into creation and that it can freely be considered as canon.
He wasn't just directly involved. He wrote the script and drew the storyboards (which are included in the special edition of the manga w/ the DVD).

This OVA is very much cannon material.
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 02:45   Link #69
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
\
Also, for the book, doesn't that mean that book keeps on looping to the past? Which means that it keeps on aging 6 years at every time loop. Wouldn't the book eventually deteriorate due to old age? Oh well, I guess I am thinking too much.
Yes that would mean the book is looping over and over (so people after time travel experience will never have access to the book again). As for the whole aging thing, that can easily be explained/covered by some "magic" excuse. If it contains enough magic to send someone to the past, it surely will have enough magic to stay well-bound or w/e.

Only thing that bothers me is how if this really was Lucy's reason for joining/being inspired by FT, she should have a better memory of it, and she should've realized the "customer" in the carriage was herself.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:18   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Only thing that bothers me is how if this really was Lucy's reason for joining/being inspired by FT, she should have a better memory of it, and she should've realized the "customer" in the carriage was herself.
She never really saw her future self though, so she couldn't have known.

It was pretty good...funniest moment for me would be at the beginning, Natsu staring up xD Also lol @ master just dragging Lucy in, gotta wonder how nobody saw her FT mark that's in plain sight though. Shouldn't they be like, when did we get bunny-chan to join?

P.S: Little Erza shows no mercy to cake thieves!
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 23:11   Link #71
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Now that not playing fair Ezra as a catgirl and Lucy as Bunny-chan
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 03:22   Link #72
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She never really saw her future self though, so she couldn't have known.

It was pretty good...funniest moment for me would be at the beginning, Natsu staring up xD Also lol @ master just dragging Lucy in, gotta wonder how nobody saw her FT mark that's in plain sight though. Shouldn't they be like, when did we get bunny-chan to join?

P.S: Little Erza shows no mercy to cake thieves!
Just because you didn't see your "future self" as a kid, you should still be able to put two and two together. If this was such a memorable experience for her, she should have some kind of recollection of this and be able to infer from this "second" experience that it was in fact her future self/her current self saving her old self/being saved by her future self. There's no "couldn't have" if this experience left a strong enough impression on her to want to join the Guild.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 04:08   Link #73
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Just because you didn't see your "future self" as a kid, you should still be able to put two and two together. If this was such a memorable experience for her, she should have some kind of recollection of this and be able to infer from this "second" experience that it was in fact her future self/her current self saving her old self/being saved by her future self. There's no "couldn't have" if this experience left a strong enough impression on her to want to join the Guild.
Well, actually, you should look at it from their perspective. Young Lucy was stuck inside the carriage the whole time, so she really did not see all the action and scenary outside. The only time that impacted her was when she walked out and saw the Fairy Tail Guild at a distance.

Present day Lucy was able to see all the action, but as soon as it stopped, the "villagers" came. She was too panicked and ran away at that point, so she did not get to see the same scenary that young Lucy saw.

Hence, since they both have different experiences with what they saw, it could be feasible that they would not recollect the same moment.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 05:04   Link #74
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
The first loop could have been caused by Gemini, it's the only celestial spirit that can pose as another person.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 14:10   Link #75
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Well, actually, you should look at it from their perspective. Young Lucy was stuck inside the carriage the whole time, so she really did not see all the action and scenary outside. The only time that impacted her was when she walked out and saw the Fairy Tail Guild at a distance.

Present day Lucy was able to see all the action, but as soon as it stopped, the "villagers" came. She was too panicked and ran away at that point, so she did not get to see the same scenary that young Lucy saw.

Hence, since they both have different experiences with what they saw, it could be feasible that they would not recollect the same moment.
I mean we're just arguing what if's at this point, but honestly, if you were baby lucy, wouldn't you always remember that mysterious girl with that pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand? This isn't a memory that you just forget, it's something you think about and think about until you get old enough to finally be able to join Fairy Tail. Not to mention, why didn't Lucy even bother to look for the mysterious girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo once she got into FT?

All I'm saying is the reason you have this problem is because this was all an afterthought by the author, it wasn't incorporated into the beginning. As a result, this scene seems a bit ridiculous to me, or hard to believe that this was one of the deciding factors for Lucy to join the guild. If the author had originally planned to have a time-travel back experience, then the author would've included scenes in the beginning of the series hinting towards Lucy's reason for joining FT in the beginning --> I.e. - to find that mysterious "onee-san" who saved her/ the girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand, etc. And then when we finally got this OVA, it would all make more sense and be more believable.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 02:35   Link #76
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
Uwaah, watching it now and there's so many avatar-worthy scenes in this one!! Neko Erza, MUST GET!!
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:27   Link #77
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
third ova was quite nice ,
poor natsu lost to gray even as a child and the kid natsu was again beaten by the elder natsu..... so the dangerous guy natsu didn't wanted to remember was himself

and the ending was hilarious,...........the book comes back to the guild
__________________
mystogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:29   Link #78
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
third ova was quite nice ,
poor natsu lost to gray even as a child and the kid natsu was again beaten by the elder natsu..... so the dangerous guy natsu didn't wanted to remember was himself

and the ending was hilarious,...........the book comes back to the guild
Well actually the book is stuck in a time loop.

Cause it came back to the guild in the 8 years back or however far it was, but then those kids find the book in 8 years and go back in time. Thus the book is stuck in fairy tail for forever in that loop of time, never to be seen again.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 11:24   Link #79
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
and how is it that laxus compares natsu with a ball of paper , that came out of total randomness
__________________
mystogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:32   Link #80
Dark Sasuke_101
Prince DS
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The mountains of vengence
I hope next OVa is similar to the first one.
__________________
Dark Sasuke_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.