AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-01, 21:47   Link #61
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Meh no, I'm not defending Shu here, but Ayase is pretty one dimensional, as it stands she probably would have made a worse hero, though it may be diffiicult for you to believe.
Plus she can't walk so she would always need her own void to move about which is not a plus .
Also i think most of us knew that Shu void would have been broken which it seems to be .
andy is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 21:48   Link #62
IceEdelweiss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Yes this episode is awesome and also convinced me that Shuu will die at the end. Shuu's death will be necessary to make this anime awesome since the theme itself is an apocalypse. This anime is not a happy cheerful anime, instead it is gloomy. So, I think Shuu will die like the character in Persona 3. Die like a messiah, to bear the burden of the whole world and die like a hero. Also, it will make a deeper and long-lasting impression for us, just like Lelouch Lamperouge and Sieg Hart in Rave. One of the coolest death ever in the anime / manga history. Sometimes a living main protagonist doesn't last too long in our memories, right?

Also, the moral that we can learn from Shuu is to forgive. As far as I know, Shuu is one of the anime character that experience many change in his personality. He is now become a true kind king again.
IceEdelweiss is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 21:56   Link #63
Shadows_Esper
That guy over there
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth
Shu will definitely die at the end, the openning was foreshadowing it before. Now its 100%.

Episode was really good otherwise.
__________________
Shadows_Esper is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:02   Link #64
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceEdelweiss View Post
Yes this episode is awesome and also convinced me that Shuu will die at the end. Shuu's death will be necessary to make this anime awesome since the theme itself is an apocalypse. This anime is not a happy cheerful anime, instead it is gloomy. So, I think Shuu will die like the character in Persona 3. Die like a messiah, to bear the burden of the whole world and die like a hero. Also, it will make a deeper and long-lasting impression for us, just like Lelouch Lamperouge and Sieg Hart in Rave. One of the coolest death ever in the anime / manga history. Sometimes a living main protagonist doesn't last too long in our memories, right?

Also, the moral that we can learn from Shuu is to forgive. As far as I know, Shuu is one of the anime character that experience many change in his personality. He is now become a true kind king again.
Shu dying would make this anime very bad in my eyes.
All it would show me it that you can screw over people and get anyway with it which seem to be happening.
Also him dying would just make me remember this shows as the one where MC got used by everyone .

If they were going for bigger impact i still say they should have Shu rule or do something crazy like him messing up everyone for inori .
Not often do you come across a MC that selfish and he has every right to be .
andy is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:19   Link #65
IceEdelweiss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Shu dying would make this anime very bad in my eyes.
All it would show me it that you can screw over people and get anyway with it which seem to be happening.
Also him dying would just make me remember this shows as the one where MC got used by everyone .

If they were going for bigger impact i still say they should have Shu rule or do something crazy like him messing up everyone for inori .
Not often do you come across a MC that selfish and he has every right to be .
well a selfish character is something that is not suitable for Shuu I think. Well I guess it's everybody's right to have an opinion. However the death flag is raised, so I guess we cannot do anything, instead of enjoying the show. The world is cruel huh?
IceEdelweiss is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:24   Link #66
bobphillip
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
The episode was great, Shu's use of everyone's voids during the battle scene is superb. Although Shu does have the cancer, I think that some miraculous circumstance will save his life. Cuz come on! Give the kid a break! He's got the fate of the whole world in his hands not to mention the weight of all the voids he uses. I'm just hoping that Shu gets back Inori and spend time together.
bobphillip is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:38   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Lots of people are commenting on how the Op foreshadows Shu death which is true. However if you pause several of the scenes you will see that Shu's rebirth is also foreshadowed. Inori is the key to getting rid of the cancer. As of right now Shu and Inori have finally decided to face their destinies. Remember Gai was taking blood treatments from Inori to hold back the Cancer and this was before he had the Genome. Its possible the healing the factor might be amplified by someone with the Void Genome. So yes i agree Shu will die in a way but he will also be reborn.

Originally i was a little pissed at Shu for forgiving his friends and Haruka so easily, but as i wanted the episode i changed my mind. Hate, anger and loathing are all counter productive to Shu at this point. He had concentrated on those emotions alone i dont think he could have moved to the stage where he is at now. Once again Shu also showed that when it comes to the people he cares about he is at strongest i have mentioned this before and it was shot by many people but this episode reinforced again. Shu will not run away when the people he cares about are in danger and will put himself in harms way or become a tyrant. That is his strength and has always been his strength. Shu taking the Cancer from Souta even after everything that has happen shows forgiveness and also it seems by doing so he heals that person. I have a feeling that using a persons Void while they infected transfers it too him. Its only happening faster now because his risk using the Genome increased. Even if Gai had not taken it, the same results would have happened eventually.

So Mana and Shu are not blood relatives so no real incest but still fucking creepy. Haruka gave Mana to her brother, but she neglected to say why.

Now to the other man of the hour Sergei. Yes he was fucking nuts did that poor girl need to get shot in the face no. But i think i finally understood what he was after in the end. When he saw Gai remove that Void in the beginning he deleted the picture. Why because it was not beautiful it was not artistic. Notice that when Gai takes a Void its forceful almost ruthless like, there is not beauty in that and the animation reflects it. When Shu takes a Void not only does time slow down to prolong it but a beautiful aura appears like Shu and the person whom he is pulling the Void from are sharing their hearts. The first time he saw Shu take Inoris Void he was awe struck and as he died he mentioned that another persons heart is inside of him. I think he was looking for a beautiful death and he knew that Shu was the one who could give it too him if he had ballz to do so. In the end he recognized Shu as the rightful king not Gai.. I love characters like him because they seem so psychotic on the surface but there really is a lot more to them.

Did anyone notice that when Shu regained his powers, Gai's Void hand started glowing as well like they were linked. Also, I think Shus Void could be more powerful than Gais since it looks like Shu can pull a person real Void that consist of everything about them strengths weakness and then bares the burden. The way Shu is right now Gai is going to have one hell of a fight on his hands.

Arisa has proven that she is totally obsessed with Gai and thinks knowing his plans will allow her to move closer to him. Man oh man is this bitch wrong this is going to end so badly for her.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:39   Link #68
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Plus she can't walk so she would always need her own void to move about which is not a plus .
Also i think most of us knew that Shu void would have been broken which it seems to be .
It's no worse than Shu always needing his Void as an arm. Also is keeping a Void always out that big a problem? I think a lot of problems in the series could have been easily resolved if Shu always kept Inori's sword out on standby.
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:42   Link #69
IceEdelweiss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
we'll see the truth.. in 3 weeks.. well less than one month.. not bad I think.. at least it is before my final exams so I can have no curiosity left whatsoever

anyway.. shuu's void is like Emiya's ability isnt'it? He just imitate the void, instead of using the "real"void.. Since I see the shape is quite different. It would be better that the imitated void can be used over and over again without requiring the void's owners nearby.
IceEdelweiss is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:50   Link #70
bobphillip
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Yeah Inori can sing her special cure virus song and Shu will be all better!
bobphillip is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:55   Link #71
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Shu looks like he can keep and used people voids at any time.
I also wonder if this means that if they get destroy they don't kill the originally owner.
It really is broken even compare to Gai Void.
andy is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 22:59   Link #72
bobphillip
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
^ but he does carry the weaknesses of them, which have yet to be shown besides Souta's cancer...

So yeah basically most OP void evar! But he must live with the fact that he's using his friends as weapons which never really worked with him...It really is a Guilty Crown that he has to wear...
bobphillip is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:00   Link #73
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
First of all shu won't die - foreshadowed in ep.
As for his Void hand and void database- it was already discussed and pointed out by many members in previous threads.

Shu also is Kurosu son, Mana is Haruka daughter.

Mana is older than Shu (unless they retcon that), Kurosu married Haruka while Shu was around 3-6 or so, Mana needs to be someone else child not blood related to Shu or Kurosu.
More on that in the ep 20 preview and spoiler thread.
Mana was infected by void virus, most likely she was tested in the lab while Haruka was goody goody with Shu. (in Triton story ep you see Mana getting many tests while she had cancer on her face)

Shu absorb power probably comes from his mother being infected by Virus, while she was pregnant. After birth she most likely died to cancer. Shu while being in womb was affected by void cancer, gaining the compatibility with voids (some magical DNA tweaks while he was a fetus) as well as more or less creating his void power *sponge heart* (of course we can't forget his heart resolve with that).

Since we got all that stuff behind us what is left is usual discussion stuff and all that ...

Well I can somehow survive Haruka and squad forgiveness.
But if Arisa will get the same treatment I really will be sad (even in this ep she showed major infatuation with Gai) considering all the Death flags she's waving as hard as she can.
Bye bye Segai you were one crazy psycho, almost on the Joker level.

More from me after discussion will go off past all the ohhh ahhh uhhh stuff.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:03   Link #74
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Dam Shu is finely looking badass again
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:12   Link #75
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Spoiler for PREVIEW... HUGE SPOILERS:
mechalord is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:16   Link #76
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Shu looks like he can keep and used people voids at any time.
I also wonder if this means that if they get destroy they don't kill the originally owner.
It really is broken even compare to Gai Void.
Hmm... that might actually be so.
What I noticed was that in the past, he would draw out their voids and use it. Now, he does not draw out their voids but in fact seems to copy their voids in all it's entirety except for the appearance. Because he does not draw out their voids and only copied their abilities/strenghts/weaknesses/whatever, the voids themselves are very much the original but appears differently and since it's now his own copy, he might be able to use it over and over again. You can clearly see it when he was "drawing" Ayase's void where he's not drawing it from her but it automatically appears on him and nothing came out of Ayase.
__________________
Enternal is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:17   Link #77
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Spoiler for PREVIEW... HUGE SPOILERS:
Wrong.
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Hmm... that might actually be so.
What I noticed was that in the past, he would draw out their voids and use it. Now, he does not draw out their voids but in fact seems to copy their voids in all it's entirety except for the appearance. Because he does not draw out their voids and only copied their abilities/strenghts/weaknesses/whatever, the voids themselves are very much the original but appears differently and since it's now his own copy, he might be able to use it over and over again. You can clearly see it when he was "drawing" Ayase's void where he's not drawing it from her but it automatically appears on him and nothing came out of Ayase.
Shu draw voids from his memory databse. Remember the eybrow king remark that Shu collected a nice void number ???? It was probably because he already knew Shu void then.

Shu ask everyone for permission, he tells them that he will use their voids and kinda ask for the privilege to do so.
He materializes voids from his hand (look at the scissors in this ep).
Shu gets infected with Souta dissease after he uses his Opener Aparat Void (its that one right???).

So most likely Shu takes into himself everything from that person once he uses that person void from his memory. <- can be wrong on that one.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:21   Link #78
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Haruka is Keldo's sister. Should have see it coming when he didn't shoot her in episode 11.

So, what is the chances that Gai is Keldo's son?
__________________
noobita is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:21   Link #79
IceEdelweiss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Spoiler for PREVIEW... HUGE SPOILERS:
Spoiler for Answers:
IceEdelweiss is offline  
Old 2012-03-01, 23:23   Link #80
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Haruka is Keldo's sister. Should have see it coming when he didn't shoot her in episode 11.

So, what is the chances that Gai is Keldo's son?
Seems so, probably why she gave mana for testing to him.
__________________
Xaturas is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.