AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-01, 02:48   Link #641
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Oh Daiki. Oh God, Daiki. Isn't that enough you're being ass, you called Hina runt too?

So Daiki and Shiori still think Yuuta is a hentai? Can't wait for the v3, it looks fun from the illustrations
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:21   Link #642
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
Well he was partially to blame for Sora's condition, although he acknowledged it. The boy was just pointing out facts, that he agreed with, I think he should of spoke out when he accused him of taking advantage of the girls. But I don't think from perspective that he even gives the slightest shit about what those two brats think of him.

But I felt a sense of relief when he catched Sora and the kid was idly staring at both of them. It gives you an impression at the future person he'll turn into, all words, and chokes when the situation arises.

Hope a twist comes out of nowhere and, Oh Sora chan you aren't blood related to the Takanashi's, your real father came from X country to pick you up. She refuses, and a possible relationship occurs, when she gets older of course. ahem*
Sora isnt blood related to yuuta though... her father (yuutas sisters husband) was married twice before he married yuutas sister tbh he sounds like a douche bag i hate it when i see men mrried to women young enough to be their daughters or something as sora stated yuri was closer to her age than she was to her fathers lol and given that soras 14 and yuri was in her mid to later 20's soras dad had to be in his mid 40's nd he was a cosplay photographer what a creep. I completely understand yuutas frustration and anger towards their relationship i'd feel the same way
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:48   Link #643
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Not sure what you're reading with your off the wall thoughts? It must be something different, because what little we saw of Shingo he seemed like a pretty decent guy...

As for Yuuta's dislike of Shingo. He would have probably been butthurt no matter who Yuri married...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 15:51   Link #644
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure what you're reading with your off the wall thoughts? It must be something different, because what little we saw of Shingo he seemed like a pretty decent guy...

As for Yuuta's dislike of Shingo. He would have probably been butthurt no matter who Yuri married...
Well it had nothing to do with his personality its just the cold hard facts dude i dislike older/younger relationships especially when the man is like near double the females age it just makes me really uncomfortable
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 18:58   Link #645
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Well it had nothing to do with his personality its just the cold hard facts dude i dislike older/younger relationships especially when the man is like near double the females age it just makes me really uncomfortable
I agree with you and I have the same feelings... however that's generally because the guy is usually a douchebag. However, Shingo from what we saw and how Yuri seems him is actually a rather nice guy so I'm rather lenient about him even if he's quite older. Furthermore from what I read somewhere (but not entirely sure but it was discussed somewhere in this thread):

Spoiler:
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:24   Link #646
azziz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
what's more,he gave yuta three cute nieces,and he used them to get close to oda-sempai.
and other girls,for that matter.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:37   Link #647
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Well it had nothing to do with his personality its just the cold hard facts dude i dislike older/younger relationships especially when the man is like near double the females age it just makes me really uncomfortable

Shingo is closer to 40 than 45, consider Sora is 14, he did get marry at a relatively young age.

Granted, Yuuta's sister is about 25, and the age difference is about 10-15, but that's actually fairly common nowadays and is not what you say double the age.

Besides, Shingo was not just a cosplay photographer, he was well known for his photo technique in amateur field and likes to shoot the promotional photos of this own products. In fact it was Yuri that got him into cosplay photography.

As for Yuuta hating him, really, Yuuta would hate any guy that married his sister and he admitted to that. The only thing he really directed at Shingo was not the age but the fact Shingo had 2 prior marriages, each with a daughter and the break between his second marriage (Sasha) and Yuri's was incredibly short.

So in his mind he was afraid that either Yuri was the third wheel that broke up Shingo's marriage so he just deflect the blame that Shingo is a playboy and disapprove vehemently.

It's not until he learned that

Spoiler for V4 spoiler::
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 23:09   Link #648
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Shingo is closer to 40 than 45, consider Sora is 14, he did get marry at a relatively young age.

Granted, Yuuta's sister is about 25, and the age difference is about 10-15, but that's actually fairly common nowadays and is not what you say double the age.

Besides, Shingo was not just a cosplay photographer, he was well known for his photo technique in amateur field and likes to shoot the promotional photos of this own products. In fact it was Yuri that got him into cosplay photography.

As for Yuuta hating him, really, Yuuta would hate any guy that married his sister and he admitted to that. The only thing he really directed at Shingo was not the age but the fact Shingo had 2 prior marriages, each with a daughter and the break between his second marriage (Sasha) and Yuri's was incredibly short.

So in his mind he was afraid that either Yuri was the third wheel that broke up Shingo's marriage so he just deflect the blame that Shingo is a playboy and disapprove vehemently.

It's not until he learned that

Spoiler for V4 spoiler::
Ah that clears up more of the confusion that I had. Either way even though I don't like large age difference, in the case of Shingo, he's not a bad person at all and in fact seems like a very nice guy. He also seems to be very understanding of Yuuta which also shows that he cares for Yuri a lot. If he was behaving badly against Yuta, it does sort of make me question how he feels about Yuri in the first place.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 02:13   Link #649
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
It's not until he learned that

Spoiler for V4 spoiler::
wow... seriously wow...

Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 23:14   Link #650
syke123
.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost in a delusional world.
I can't help but remember a reference that Yuri said that they were only a few years apart, probably 5-6. But if he really is 40, then the age difference is significant. I mean given the century, if the times were different I'd understand, although there literally isn't any point in marrying someone 15-20 years older than you, not like 40-60 years ago. We live in a considerably easier time frame, and it's Japan so we can't say that the country's clouded in a financial crisis, or is at war that requires a stronger, older male presence.

I guess love works in the most mysterious of ways. But I could understand her marrying him for his goodwill, I mean he wen't through two different relationships and still kept the children, now that's to be praised.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 23:37   Link #651
Hiro Hayase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
After reading volume 2, I sympathize with Shingo a bit when males approach his daughters and he chases them away like a madman, for example people like Daiki. By the time we get to volume 4, the puzzles will start to connect. Volume 1 did give a bad impression for Shingo, but its understandable since the story was being narrated from Yuuta's perspective at the time.

Usually in Japan, the father gains complete guardianship of the children, unlike in the US where the mother's gain that in court.

My favorite part of the volume 1:
Spoiler for Volume 1, Chapter 4:


Yuuta's gradually becoming just like Shingo~ Hahahaha~
__________________
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 16:34   Link #652
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
After reading volume 2, I sympathize with Shingo a bit when males approach his daughters and he chases them away like a madman, for example people like Daiki. By the time we get to volume 4, the puzzles will start to connect. Volume 1 did give a bad impression for Shingo, but its understandable since the story was being narrated from Yuuta's perspective at the time.

Usually in Japan, the father gains complete guardianship of the children, unlike in the US where the mother's gain that in court.

My favorite part of the volume 1:
Spoiler for Volume 1, Chapter 4:


Yuuta's gradually becoming just like Shingo~ Hahahaha~

I never said thats why i didnt like shingo every father would be like that with his daughters my dad treats all my sisters bf's like shit dude its to be expected. However if my mum left my dad or god forbid she died and dad married a woman that was in her 20's id hate him and im his own son
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 17:36   Link #653
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
I never said thats why i didnt like shingo every father would be like that with his daughters my dad treats all my sisters bf's like shit dude its to be expected. However if my mum left my dad or god forbid she died and dad married a woman that was in her 20's id hate him and im his own son
It does get quite complicated and there many situations. In some situations, the children wants their parent to be happy so they're fine with them remarrying. In other cases we find that as betraying our mother/father if they remarry. Yeah it's complicated.

Lol! I see that Segawa really starts to have behaviors that are similar to Shingo. Pretty funny for the observers but pretty crazy for the people at the end of the stick haha.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 17:57   Link #654
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 25
With 4 episodes left, I hope they show it in the anime. I'll love to see that
__________________

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 19:56   Link #655
Hiro Hayase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
I never said thats why i didnt like shingo every father would be like that with his daughters my dad treats all my sisters bf's like shit dude its to be expected. However if my mum left my dad or god forbid she died and dad married a woman that was in her 20's id hate him and im his own son
I wasn't actually directing that at you personally, I meant people in general. Their unfavorable views towards Shingo will grdaually improve as we reach volume 6, as Yuuta's opinion and respect for him grows in the light novel. Yes, it is a complicated issue, especially for Yuuta, he does admit that in his internal monologues. Yuri was a sister/mother figure in his life, so the situation is even more complicated.

I have a feeling the author might create a side story about how Yuri took care of Yuuta after their parents passed away abruptly. Also, considering the amount of spin off's this LN has already in the manga department...
__________________

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2012-03-03 at 21:52.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 18:11   Link #656
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
I wasn't actually directing that at you personally, I meant people in general. Their unfavorable views towards Shingo will grdaually improve as we reach volume 6, as Yuuta's opinion and respect for him grows in the light novel. Yes, it is a complicated issue, especially for Yuuta, he does admit that in his internal monologues. Yuri was a sister/mother figure in his life, so the situation is even more complicated.

I have a feeling the author might create a side story about how Yuri took care of Yuuta after their parents passed away abruptly. Also, considering the amount of spin off's this LN has already in the manga department...
Its not even for me on a personal level my parents are happily married dude lol what im saying is put yourself in yuutas shoes you can understand why he was upset and is probably still upset to some degree cant you? Regardless of how nice or friendly shingo is someones always going to be thinking why didnt you go for a nice lady your own age thats been though similar circumstances maybe? i dunno the whole marrying younger thing seems douchey i'll always see him as a douche simply because of that.

Is the translator on break or something its been ages since anythings been done...
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 18:56   Link #657
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Is the translator on break or something its been ages since anythings been done...
Translation is a free service.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 19:56   Link #658
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Translation is a free service.
It sure is, i was just wondering if he/she is upto something holiday/study etc or maybe their not doing it anymore theres no need for people to snap when these questions are asked its not as if i said it in a threatening tone or something it was just an innocent question take your keyboard warrior stuff someplace else buddy lol
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 20:11   Link #659
Zephyruz
Hidden
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
The last update wasn't really long ago 0.0, and I'm not on hiatus or anything. It's just that I'm usually busy on saturdays and sundays, and I'm working on another series as well(kamimemo). Will probably update after a chapter of kamimemo~
Zephyruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 20:23   Link #660
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyruz View Post
The last update wasn't really long ago 0.0, and I'm not on hiatus or anything. It's just that I'm usually busy on saturdays and sundays, and I'm working on another series as well(kamimemo). Will probably update after a chapter of kamimemo~
Thats all good dude i just thought maybe you were busy with studying or something really appreciate all the hard btw thanks!
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.