AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-02, 12:44   Link #561
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
I think Nago has done plenty in the anime to deserve that ranking. She's my favorite girl so far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:43   Link #562
Elestia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Just to be clear. Are there two different Nagos in this anime?
__________________
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 17:44   Link #563
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think Nago has done plenty in the anime to deserve that ranking. She's my favorite girl so far.
But the thin Nago only appeared LAST episode. Thin Nago (aka. Yangin's rival, in top 10 rankings) and Fat Nago (aka. Tadakauni's future girlfriend) are AFAIK completely different people.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 18:33   Link #564
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But the thin Nago only appeared LAST episode. Thin Nago (aka. Yangin's rival, in top 10 rankings) and Fat Nago (aka. Tadakauni's future girlfriend) are AFAIK completely different people.
Check the kanji of the names. Pizza Nago is 奈古, Rival Nago is 名護.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 21:39   Link #565
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
Yup, 奈古さんじゃなくて

They're similar characters, but different people.

Nago and Nago

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-03-06 at 07:00.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:48   Link #566
SamCurt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody gets pity-voted to second place- it had to be intentional.
For a series that prizes normalcy, this is not unexpected.
__________________
Shameless plug: Avatar is Hiroki Sawada from Detective Conan: Phantom of Baker Street (FUNi Sub available). Yes, moe exists in Detective Conan.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 08:14   Link #567
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Just to be clear. Are there two different Nagos in this anime?
There are three. One the Nago that works in the Pizza shop. Another one exists only in front of a convex mirror. And NAGO is Yanagin's rival although she doesn't even recognize Yanagin's existence.

But yeah, Nago > all regardless.

I do love Habara though. Those delicious manga spoilers... oh god... how I wish I could share them Let's just say she's fucking awesome alright.

@Chaos2Frozen: I don't doubt Tadakuni's popularity - he's a pretty cool guy. All I was saying was that I believe a fair chunk of the votes he got were pity votes - which is certainly the case. I myself gave him one ^^

Besides, online polls man. Online polls. And this one lets same ip vote again. The best thing these polls do is create discussions and let people duke it out for their favorites.
__________________
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 08:16   Link #568
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Honestly? I'm just hoping the anime lasts long enough for those spoilers to be animated. XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 08:37   Link #569
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
@Chaos2Frozen: I don't doubt Tadakuni's popularity - he's a pretty cool guy. All I was saying was that I believe a fair chunk of the votes he got were pity votes - which is certainly the case. I myself gave him one ^^

Besides, online polls man. Online polls. And this one lets same ip vote again. The best thing these polls do is create discussions and let people duke it out for their favorites.
Yes, because this is totally the kind of series that people would invest that much effort into it If this was a moe series then maybe mass repeat voting would be a reasonable explanation, but this is a story of highschool boys doing un-moe and un-yaoi things, I'm pretty sure those kinds of people have other more important battles to win.


Pity votes are just that, pity. They would never accidentally amount to anything. But lets say you're right- if you think about it, even if they pity him, they would still have to like him enough to give their pity, so no matter how you cut it, it still shows alot of people like him.
__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 09:40   Link #570
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes, because this is totally the kind of series that people would invest that much effort into it If this was a moe series then maybe mass repeat voting would be a reasonable explanation, but this is a story of highschool boys doing un-moe and un-yaoi things, I'm pretty sure those kinds of people have other more important battles to win.


Pity votes are just that, pity. They would never accidentally amount to anything. But lets say you're right- if you think about it, even if they pity him, they would still have to like him enough to give their pity, so no matter how you cut it, it still shows alot of people like him.
err.. I don't think I said a single word different from what you are saying . I don't doubt that lots of people like him - enough to make him rank #2 - but in the same vein, I don't doubt that lots of those votes were pity votes and the voters actually have other favorites they'd prefer over him. Just because they like him enough to vote for him in a poll doesn't mean he's their #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Honestly? I'm just hoping the anime lasts long enough for those spoilers to be animated. XD
From what I can tell, they aren't animating in the manga order anyway. Although they might follow the order for the Habara subplot.
__________________

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2012-03-03 at 10:48.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 10:50   Link #571
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
The anime has the exact same order as the manga chapter so far. The only difference is only in the highschool girl is funky part, which is only some kind of omake in the tankoubon anyway.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 04:32   Link #572
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
fk yeah, ArchDemon Arc
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 06:42   Link #573
Akarin
...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 15
Spoilers
Spoiler for ep9
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Ep9 Avatars
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-03-06 at 07:34.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 07:52   Link #574
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 33
Ringo, show them what you have! ^^
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:05   Link #575
SamCurt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for ep9
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I may be ignorant about Japanese... What is Itokozoned?

Ringo? I think she's set to be dumb.

"Tiro Finale!"
__________________
Shameless plug: Avatar is Hiroki Sawada from Detective Conan: Phantom of Baker Street (FUNi Sub available). Yes, moe exists in Detective Conan.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:32   Link #576
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
I personally don't get that Itoko part, considering tons of anime/manga has had no problems pairing cousins together. :shrug:

Not that I mind... childhood friends FTW!


And poor Habara. I do find it ironic that her supposed to be the 'bad guy', the show frames her a pitiable figure.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:33   Link #577
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Yharnam, Home of Blood Ministration
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I may be ignorant about Japanese... What is Itokozoned?
Cousin-zoned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've decided to type my impressions after every skit so that the emotions are still fresh This episode definitely picks up after last week's less than stellar one



- HAHAHA! They don't even know her face?!?!

- WTF Hidenori?! Don't you let me catch you complaining about not having a girlfriend when you keep throwing away chances like these!!! Btw, since when does being cousin-zoned stopped anyone...?

- No matter how you look at it, Mitsuo got trolled badly again

- Somehow, I completely understand how the Student Council boys feel after tricking Ringo Indeed, peeking girl's pantsu is very overrated in Anime

- There's one thing I like about this show is that the girls don't always get away with their crap Good job men! btw, anyone can identify that female student president's VA? Or was it Motoharu's sister again?

- Wow that's a nice story Yanagin, but back then she was close (friends) to Karasawa? And poor Habara, they didn't even wait till she's not around to tell that story


EDIT:


__________________

"The blood makes us human... Makes us more than human... Makes us human no more..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:43   Link #578
SamCurt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And poor Habara. I do find it ironic that her supposed to be the 'bad guy', the show frames her a pitiable figure.
It'd not be ironic at all if you see her as a reformed criminal instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
- Wow that's a nice story Yanagin, but back then she was close (friends) to Karasawa? And poor Habara, they didn't even wait till she's not around to tell that story
Spoiler:


2nd EDIT: What kind of scandals would require the Student Council to take part in Damage Control?
__________________
Shameless plug: Avatar is Hiroki Sawada from Detective Conan: Phantom of Baker Street (FUNi Sub available). Yes, moe exists in Detective Conan.

Last edited by SamCurt; 2012-03-06 at 09:04. Reason: 2nd edit: One more question
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 08:49   Link #579
moshika
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
tiro finale!
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 10:17   Link #580
Scarletknive
Meister
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshika View Post
tiro finale!
And then the guy lost his head.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, satire

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.