AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-29, 08:56   Link #1
theBUI

?kanon or saikano?

after watching kgne, i wanted to find another anime simular to it, people suggested da capo, kanon, and saikano. i watched da capo i didnt think it was that good. so i ask yal which should i watch next saikano or kanon? thanks...
Old 2004-12-29, 10:53   Link #2
Anime-FAN

saikano
Old 2004-12-29, 11:16   Link #3
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

I say Saikano, since it was a far more moving and unique experience for me.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:42   Link #4
sothis

i'd personally vote for "none of the above", kgne is fairly unique and unfortunately, there isn't much like it out there.

if i HAD to choose i'd say sai kano, but i personally felt it was incredibly over-dramatic.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2004-12-29, 12:33   Link #5
Yuiichi
Retired.

Kanon is a good anime, but like the others, i would vote for Saikano. It's more emotional than Kanon was, and therefore it is more like KGNE.
Old 2004-12-29, 12:43   Link #6
7thMethuselah

If you are looking for a dramatic love story then Saikano would be the better choice here. Kanon is something that falls in the same genre but it doesn't focus on one relationship like KgNE and Saikano do, in Kanon the male elad has several relationships going on at the same time and these get adressed more or less simultaniously. In SaiKano there is one main love story, aside from a number of dramatic side stories from the minor characters.
In short : watch SaiKano

Old 2004-12-29, 13:37   Link #7
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I pick Kanon because I can see asides from the slightly odd art style (which is better than than Saikano) it is closer to the plot line of KGNE. But if you want somthing even better wait for AIR.

I found Saikano to be the worst anime I have ever seen. No not because I found it sad or depressing. I found it one of the biggest waste of time in my life. Dramatic side stories???What were those? This show was a scream movie if you cry for those people go ahead

I'm not just comparing Saikano to Kanon, I mean like almost any anime I have seen.
Old 2004-12-29, 13:42   Link #8
sothis

on the other hand, kanon was completely generic with utter stereotypes of potential pairings. aka, the bumbling girl, the sick girl in the hospital, etc.

hence why i think none of the above :/

i'm going to go out on a limb and mention two other things that definitely aren't that similar, but are much better looks at relationships and such:

Hoshi no Koe for tragedy and beautifulness, and Boys Be for a realistic look at dating and relationships, through the eyes of men for the most part.

Old 2004-12-29, 13:46   Link #9
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
on the other hand, kanon was completely generic with utter stereotypes of potential pairings. aka, the bumbling girl, the sick girl in the hospital, etc.

hence why i think none of the above :/

i'm going to go out on a limb and mention two other things that definitely aren't that similar, but are much better looks at relationships and such:

Hoshi no Koe for tragedy and beautifulness, and Boys Be for a realistic look at dating and relationships, through the eyes of men for the most part.
Well they liked KGNE
Old 2004-12-29, 14:03   Link #10
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
I second Boys Be, if it is a realistic view on relationships that interests you then this is an anime you can't afford to miss. Granted that the animation quality isn't always perfect but the story sure is.

Old 2004-12-29, 14:24   Link #11
sothis

and on that note, if you end up watching boys be and enjoy it, then check out Gunparade March ^_^ .. also romantic in nature but slice of lifeish almost, just like boys be.

Old 2004-12-29, 14:35   Link #12
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

lots of romance animes out there that are good other than those two, you should check them out ^-^
Old 2004-12-29, 15:02   Link #13
Thelastguardian

I say none of the above. KGNE has, unforturnately, a plot that is common in jdrama. Basicly KGNE is an example of a jdrama being animated; therefore, if you like the story of KGNE, you should try watching jdrama first.

And anyway, who the hell compare Kanon and Saikano. They are apple and orange, cat and dog, water and earth, 9mm and arrow, fission bomb and fusion bomb, sun and earth- you get my point.
Old 2004-12-29, 15:11   Link #14
sothis

i'd imagine they suggested kanon because of the romance factor, and sai kano because of the tragic type romance factor. neither of which really fits due to kgne's uniqueness, but then again, nothing will really fit.

it's like people asking for berserk suggestions. prior to gungrave coming out, i don't think there was ANYTHING that fit really well, and even gungrave doesn't fit plot-wise.

unfortunately these fantastic unique series leave little as far as true recommendations :/

Old 2004-12-29, 20:30   Link #15
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I found Saikano to be the worst anime I have ever seen. No not because I found it sad or depressing. I found it one of the biggest waste of time in my life. Dramatic side stories???What were those? This show was a scream movie if you cry for those people go ahead
I agree completely. SaiKano is the only anime I've seen that I really hate. Not just "don't like", but hate.

Kanon is by far the most emotional show I've ever seen.
Closed Thread