AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Another

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-08, 21:29   Link #241
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm pretty sure that the tape is functional in the original novel, though.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline  
Old 2012-03-08, 21:37   Link #242
haguruma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm pretty sure that the tape is functional in the original novel, though.
It is, but the actual tape is damaged even before they can play it. Kouichi assumes this happened because they unwrapped it too hastily and part of the adhesive tape stuck to the tape. So the repair in the novel comes before that.
The anime probably did this to even the flow of events out and make for a tighter atmosphere.
haguruma is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 13:54   Link #243
sa547
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 37
Looking at the class seating arrangement, has anyone see a pattern, which could determine who could be the one to die next?

Spoiler for The long shot...:
__________________
sa547 is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 14:39   Link #244
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
I noticed something else:

Spoiler:
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 14:45   Link #245
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Welp,

Spoiler for Theory:
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 16:16   Link #246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I noticed something else:

Spoiler:
That's a nice find. I don't think it matters that he's sitting in an all-girls row (so was Takabayashi), but it's very interesting he took Mei's seat. It would have been more logical for Kouichi to take it.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 17:23   Link #247
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I noticed something else:

Spoiler:
Thats probably because they changed room after the year ended as well as seats. Please note that Mei is also the only girl sitting in a row with boys only in this picture.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-09, 18:15   Link #248
PzIVf3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere at Earth
I bet the kid who is going to try to fix the tape will be die next.
PzIVf3 is offline  
Old 2012-03-10, 01:16   Link #249
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Thats probably because they changed room after the year ended as well as seats. Please note that Mei is also the only girl sitting in a row with boys only in this picture.
That's not true. She's sitting in a girls-only row (or rather, column), like one would expect.

I didn't notice Takabayashi also being in the wrong row/column as well, though.

It's probably because there are more boys than girls in the class.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2012-03-10, 03:23   Link #250
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
I bet the kid who is going to try to fix the tape will be die next.
I honestly doubt that, unless it's a coincidence.

They were in an old classroom that was in disrepair, all kinds of accidents could have happened there, but they didn't. There is absolutely no reason to believe that "finding out stuff about the incident" makes you die.

Or that the phenomenon makes any such discernation to begin with.
Dengar is offline  
Old 2012-03-10, 06:40   Link #251
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
That's not true. She's sitting in a girls-only row (or rather, column), like one would expect.

I didn't notice Takabayashi also being in the wrong row/column as well, though.

It's probably because there are more boys than girls in the class.
It seems both of us are talking about entirely different rows.
You weretalking about the vertical row while I talked about the horizontal row.
In the latter she does indeed sit next to a boy.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-10, 11:11   Link #252
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I wonder if Mikami has anything to do with all this.
__________________
blakstealth is online now  
Old 2012-03-12, 21:09   Link #253
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Since doing this will no longer spoiler anything.
I wanted to look up as to whether the Novel is already available in english or not I accidentally saw the end result (Wikipedia really needs spoiler tags, or at least the general information not that close to a mystery novel's solution....)

Well, don't worry no spoilers here for people having watched until EP 10....
So yes, you can use Knox Rules after all. (Anlyzing it afterwards is a lot easier though)
it also doesn't state whether anyone here was right or wrong, so everything stays open until you either get it or Mei reveals it.


Spoiler for Another KNOX Analysis:
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-03-12 at 21:27.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 01:12   Link #254
Voxxen
Observer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Since doing this will no longer spoiler anything.
I wanted to look up as to whether the Novel is already available in english or not I accidentally saw the end result (Wikipedia really needs spoiler tags, or at least the general information not that close to a mystery novel's solution....)

Well, don't worry no spoilers here for people having watched until EP 10....
So yes, you can use Knox Rules after all. (Anlyzing it afterwards is a lot easier though)
it also doesn't state whether anyone here was right or wrong, so everything stays open until you either get it or Mei reveals it.


Spoiler for Another KNOX Analysis:
Since you have already looked at the conclusion of the story could you state one thing for me.



From episode 1 to 10 can you figure out the extra given the information so far?
Voxxen is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 05:47   Link #255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Bringing the discussion here since it's the most appropriate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
I'd like to step in on that, but only because the important part, that is Misaki's desk, was only discussed very briefly during the time of episode 5-7 where it actually went into what is happening. I will explain this in spoilers (though it really isn't one) so people can keep guessing about it or find it out on their own, but it doesn't matter whether there are 18 students assigened to a 3-3 or 38. This all comes down to a technicality in timing and how schools are orgaized.
Spoiler for How are they a desk short:
Thanks for clearing that up for us. I was secretly hoping you'd show up yesterday

So my theory that Mikami-sensei is the extra person still works. I'll repost it here:

Quote:
Another was already present in class before Kouichi transfered in, so they should have already been one desk short at the beginning of the year as usual. And yet they weren't, and in the process were fooled into thinking this would be a safe year. What could this mean? That the extra person is not a student, but a teacher. That leaves us with Chibiki and Mikami as suspects. Depending on whether Mei included Chibiki in her answer even though he had already left, he could be ruled out (that also rules Reiko out...). I think it's more likely to be Mikami, who was the homeroom teacher two years ago.
My understanding is that Kouichi was only added to the class roster after the beginning of the year. If his transfer had been decided back in March, then why wait until May to come to Yomiyama? It would have been far more convenient to start the school year there in April. So, assuming he wasn't on the class roster and no desk was prepared for him, then that means that at the beginning of the year, there were 29 students and 29 desks in the class. Everybody had a desk, so they thought they were safe this year. They only started freaking out after they were informed of Kouichi's transfer and realized they would missing a desk then, but that's completely irrelevant if Kouichi wasn't part of the class when they decided on the number of desks.

However, we know now thanks to Mei that the calamity started in April before Kouichi transfered, which means the extra person was already present at the beginning of the year. The problem is that going by what we know about the way the phenomenon works, then they should have been one desk short, since if one of the student is dead, then there shouldn't have been a desk prepared for him.

There are only two ways to explain this inconsistency: a desk had been prepared for Kouichi back in March and the extra student stole it (as I stated earlier, I don't believe that's the case), or the extra person is not a student but a teacher. If I can confirm with certainty that Kouichi's transfer was only decided in April, then my speculation is as good as correct. If the opposite is true and it had been decided he would transfer long beforehand, then it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Can we have further clarification about how names are erased from past records? Because, as I understand it, all historical traces of the Other are removed when the phenomenon is in effect, to prevent its identification during the year.

So, like totoum pointed out:

If Ms Mikami were the Other, then, by right, people shouldn't remember that she was the assistant teacher of the Class of 96, since she would have presumably died that year and has now returned.
As somebody else pointed out, Mikami is a teacher. That makes a big difference. The reason students are erased is because it creates a discrepancy: the same student can't have been in ninth grade in both 1993 and 1996.

Obviously, that doesn't apply to teachers. Mikami doesn't need to be erased from the 1996 records, since her being the homeroom teacher in 1996 and then assistant homeroom teacher in 1998 is not peculiar at all. All the phenomenon needs to do is erase her death and not her whole existence that year, so that makes its job a lot easier.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 08:07   Link #256
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
There's just one problem.

After Sakakibara transferred in, it turns out they were a desk short.
Dengar is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 08:33   Link #257
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
mmm, thinking on who the extra could be at least I thought what could be the worst case scenario for kouichi
Spoiler for speculations:
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 09:05   Link #258
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Okay, here's my crazy theory on how the end will play out based on what we know as of episode 10 with only two more to go. Note that this is 100% PURE SPECULATION as I have managed to stay completely spoiler free for this series and intend to keep it that way for the remaining two weeks. I'll spoilerize it anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Spoiler for SPECULATION:

And if I'm wrong about the identity of the Another, then it really could be anyone. That is, anyone except Kouichi or Mei - if it turns out it's either of those two after all, then that will have been the biggest cheat ever.

(Attention book/manga/wikipedia readers: Please do not comment. I do not want to know if my theory is close, right on the money, or way off.)
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 09:33   Link #259
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxen View Post
Since you have already looked at the conclusion of the story could you state one thing for me.



From episode 1 to 10 can you figure out the extra given the information so far?
i didn't really look at it, there was no other choice then seing it, as it was written at the same height where the the publishers would stand, just on the left side

But yes you can get it. The important hint you need is given to you pretty early and episode 10 lights on it again. You can btw open the spoiler tag as soon as you've watched EP 10, its not telling who it is. It doesn't even say in what episodes the hints forr identifying the Additional person are hidden.
The tag mainly features the 10 Knox rules as well as some clarifications openly made in EP 10.

Once the Blue Ray is out, you should probably be able to definitely solve it before EP 10, if they raise the overall video quality, that is.
You can, as of now, also get it, doing so really is speculating though, as you can't use the evidence.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-03-13 at 10:11.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-13, 11:06   Link #260
fanatic02
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
What kind of bird is "Rei-chan"? Does it go into more detail in the light novel? From the anime, it looks like a Mynah.
fanatic02 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.