AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 20:53   Link #661
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyruz View Post
The last update wasn't really long ago 0.0, and I'm not on hiatus or anything. It's just that I'm usually busy on saturdays and sundays, and I'm working on another series as well(kamimemo). Will probably update after a chapter of kamimemo~
It gets pretty tiring translating 280+ pages, especially if the plot weakens and the community loses interest. Maybe 40% of the baka tsuki projects are inactive or advancing at such a slow rhythm that they're hopeless. This is actually going pretty fast, I mean chapters were done week after week, so I wouldn't lose interest either, although now that volume 3 started I think everyone's a little intimidated at the amount of work.
syke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 20:58   Link #662
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Is the translator on break or something its been ages since anythings been done...
AGES?? You must not know much about translation on LNs, do you? Know that what Zephyrus does in a month is equivalent to what most people can do in 4 to 6 months. I guess you are new, but most of us don't like people asking for updates or status without waiting for a month or two to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
It gets pretty tiring translating 280+ pages, especially if the plot weakens and the community loses interest. Maybe 40% of the baka tsuki projects are inactive or advancing at such a slow rhythm that they're hopeless. This is actually going pretty fast, I mean chapters were done week after week, so I wouldn't lose interest either, although now that volume 3 started I think everyone's a little intimidated at the amount of work.
The reason is because it takes a shitload of time to translate LNs, as compared to anime and manga. And most people are trying to juggle it with their real life. Losing interest is normal because it's demoralizing to be the only one working on a project (most translators are solo fighters), which will take him or her a few years to finish. Add to the fact that the slower translators don't get the kind of recognition the fast translators get, and only questions on when the next update is going to be, it's no wonder most give up. Of course, there are others who have a change in priorities. After all, it takes a whole lot of time. I think even Teh_Ping, js06, and Zephyrus won't be around forever, unless they become overnight millionaires and don't need to work. Most translators sacrifice time normally used for reading other LNs, watching anime, playing games, (or maybe even their study time, for the students). Majority of the translators normally start translating during their long break while transitioning from high school to college/university, that's when projects get lots of updates. Some, like Blewin, do get back to it during holidays. Most just get too caught up in RL. Only the very popular projects get resumed by fresh blood.

The only way the less popular projects can ever get completed is to have a bigger community of J->E LN translators. It's easier to do a lot with many average speed translators rather than a few super speed translators.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-03-04 at 21:19.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 12:22   Link #663
chiquinl

Actually I was kinda surprised by what dannclark stated, about being ages since the last update ... I was actually pretty surprised when I open the bakareader app and noticed that chap 5 and 6 were completed the other day since it REALLY rare to find a LN that goes so smoothly with the translation.

BTW, I'm new here like a poster (since I usually just read the comments for other LNs and read the LN in baka tsuki) but in any forum this type of reply is not quite polite ... "take your keyboard warrior stuff someplace else buddy lol". If you read the whole thread you will notice that it had a good atmosphere the whole time, so chill and try to be less agressive .. By this I mean that instead of saying something like "It's been ages" you could just have asked if anybody knows which chapter is being translated since the chap2 has been skipped and you would obtain the same answer from zephyrus. Just my 2 cents dude ...

To the translators .. again It's really awesome to have this LN translated so actively !
chiquinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 12:02   Link #664
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Not to be pedantic or anything, but in the vast majority of Japanese divorce cases, the children are overwhelmingly awarded to the mother.
Splitting the children between parents or awarding custody to the father is quite rare. That may explain it's popularity in manga and dramatic works.

See here, here, and here, for citations. In the two latter links the relevant material is roughly half way down the pages.
I wouldn't rely on wikipedia too much. But I have heard of cases in Japan where the child was awarded to the financially dominant parent which is usually the father. I couldn't find anything relevant in the articles you linked since international disputes can be considered abductions, and heavily sway on the parent oversea.

The mother is typically awarded custody, although there are cases where the father can provide for the children and the mother can't, and if the mother is mentally ill, then those could cause the favor to sway evenly towards both parties. But the mother can still despite that win custody, so it isn't so different from down here.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:01   Link #665
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Usually in Japan, the father gains complete guardianship of the children, unlike in the US where the mother's gain that in court
Both are incorrect. In both countries it's almost an even split, with a slight husband dominance.

Usually it's the financially dominant part (the one that actually holds the purses of the family) who gets custody. The difference here is that while in the US having separate accounts makes things a bit more of a battle, Japan is in the situation where the moneymaker usually gives the other spouse the power to take care of the family, thereby giving the stay-at-home spouse relatively more power than the actual moneymaker.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:08   Link #666
syke123

Must thank Zephyrus, keep up the steadfast work bro!!
Old 2012-03-11, 16:36   Link #667
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

We have a New release for "Chronicles street of observation research" (wait, what was it the name again?).

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-11, 19:36   Link #668
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Just call it Raika spin-off. Much easier to say.

Sorry Yuuta but Raika only cares for the girls and not you
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 21:08   Link #669
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Shy Raika is adorable X3
Sora with her imaginations
Old 2012-03-11, 21:13   Link #670
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Shy Raika is adorable X3
Sora with her imaginations
you made me notice that sora has quite a sirty mind in this spinoff.
Old 2012-03-12, 01:03   Link #671
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you made me notice that sora has quite a sirty mind in this spinoff.
Let's just say tha in this spin-off, she's a lot more at home with her feelings towards Yuuta than in any other incarnation of this series.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 02:00   Link #672
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I'm on episode 10 of the anime series and was wondering if novel/manga readers know the ending of the series?

Let me know through pm (its fine to spoil me)! Wish Yuri is back somehow
Old 2012-03-15, 05:20   Link #673
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

No one since the novel is still ongoing.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 10:54   Link #674
syke123

I think he meant the ending of the anime. Unless episode 11 has Oba-san making a visit and lecturing Yuuta about the girls, and unless we see Hina's school play then it won't be canon.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:10   Link #675
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
I think he meant the ending of the anime. Unless episode 11 has Oba-san making a visit and lecturing Yuuta about the girls, and unless we see Hina's school play then it won't be canon.
Either ending is fine. Because I am still puzzle how they mention missing instead of dead.
Old 2012-03-15, 11:14   Link #676
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Because I am still puzzle how they mention missing instead of dead.
Because they're missing, since no body was found. Legally dead and actually dead are two different concepts.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 12:10   Link #677
larethian

The anime changed the choir......... I don't really care about Daiki, bu Kiyomi is really a funny nutty girl
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 13:17   Link #678
l.kostas

At wikipedia they have the release dates of the blu-rays and DVDs. 5 discs and 13 episodes in total. They took the information from: blu-rays and DVDs.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 00:24   Link #679
mangafreak7793

Though I'm glad for the fast translation of this series. I'm a bit concerned that in V2 chapter 2 is not translated.
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 00:33   Link #680
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafreak7793 View Post
Though I'm glad for the fast translation of this series. I'm a bit concerned that in V2 chapter 2 is not translated.
Apparently the translator simply chooses the chapter that keeps his motivation to the peaked to the max, as simple as that.

In fact the same thing happened with volume 1. Vol 2 was translated to some point and volume 1 lacked a chapter, but now volume 1 is translated, and later volume 2 will be, so that's that.

I also noted the choir changes in the anime, that kinda bumped my pumpkin, I don't even know if that's a saying, but at least it should be clear that it doesn't mean something good

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen