AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-09, 17:08   Link #1821
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Shiho was pretty deep into the Murim world and probably has loads of info and connections. Also, considering Shiho's relationship with 9AD, she can be used to manipulate or at least rattle him.
Those are the advantages that come along her revival, of course they'd be useful to Shioon in his later persuit of 9AD. However, her return doesn't guarantee that she'll be on time to stop 9AD from crossing the line nor that he'll be able to undo what he's done so far, even if she'll be able to manipulate him. He'll have to face eventually the consequences of his actions and I just don't see the author allowing him to get away with it or any Murim-in forgiving him.

Assuming she'd lose him at the end, would she be willing to live on? Going through the same situation of parting for the 2nd time might have a huge impact on her. That's why I question whether it's really alright for her to get revived.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 17:30   Link #1822
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Those are the advantages that come along her revival, of course they'd be useful to Shioon in his later persuit of 9AD. However, her return doesn't guarantee that she'll be on time to stop 9AD from crossing the line nor that he'll be able to undo what he's done so far, even if she'll be able to manipulate him. He'll have to face eventually the consequences of his actions and I just don't see the author allowing him to get away with it or any Murim-in forgiving him.

Assuming she'd lose him at the end, would she be willing to live on? Going through the same situation of parting for the 2nd time might have a huge impact on her. That's why I question whether it's really alright for her to get revived.
I never said Shiho's ressurection would guarantee anything. What I meant is that because she is who she is, she will be potentially useful.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 19:02   Link #1823
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Now its time for some personal vendetta from Shion, I just hope he will go apeshit on all those suc guys for hitting his mother. Considering that she has a bandage on her eye/head and is in a comma it had to be a nice strong headshot from murim.
Also hope that Sera will need to work her ass off to even regain 5% of Shion trust, I just hate the usual shounen hero "forgive em all, defend em all" attitude.
Dunno. He's owed an explanation, certainly, but Sera's reasons may be good.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 19:09   Link #1824
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
She didn't want to interfere with his training. Not sure Shioon will think that was a good enough reason...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 19:16   Link #1825
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Dunno. He's owed an explanation, certainly, but Sera's reasons may be good.
Sera reasons were selfish, you cannot add to that anything else.
She did all of that because she considers Shion as an asset for her. She wasn't considering his personal feelings but her future target.
Shion should stick his middle finger to her and say that either she is straight with him on everything or she can go suck someone else in her petty deals.
We could go on and on saying that she is oh so martyr helping him and all that stuff, but as it was she was doing everything for herself. If she couldn't gain anything then she would kill shion at that roof save and sound, or even sooner.
Her getting in love with him and all that mojo doesn't deserve any forgiveness for her previous actions and targets.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 20:51   Link #1826
shakes12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
in this current chapter it felt like theres going to be delays in fixing his ki center
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 21:00   Link #1827
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes12 View Post
in this current chapter it felt like theres going to be delays in fixing his ki center
Hmmm thats funny cause I felt in this chapter that it will be faster than we thought.
Sera, Sun-Wo and even doctor work at 100% or even 200%-300% above normal as it was in Communism.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 08:24   Link #1828
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Sera reasons were selfish, you cannot add to that anything else.
She did all of that because she considers Shion as an asset for her. She wasn't considering his personal feelings but her future target.
Shion should stick his middle finger to her and say that either she is straight with him on everything or she can go suck someone else in her petty deals.
We could go on and on saying that she is oh so martyr helping him and all that stuff, but as it was she was doing everything for herself. If she couldn't gain anything then she would kill shion at that roof save and sound, or even sooner.
Her getting in love with him and all that mojo doesn't deserve any forgiveness for her previous actions and targets.
She never hid that she was acting for herself. It doesn't matter. Her reasons for hiding the truth may still be valid. Heck, Shioon was lucky to survive his outing in more than one way, so it's not like there's no merit to the thought that she had to keep him hidden till he was ready to face the challenges waiting for him. Stay on Dagobah and finish your damn training, Luke, instead of getting distracted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 16:56   Link #1829
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I never said Shiho's ressurection would guarantee anything. What I meant is that because she is who she is, she will be potentially useful.
Just expanded a bit on my point, not really directed at you ^^;; I agree with the note of her being useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Sera reasons were selfish, you cannot add to that anything else.
From the previous chapters, she stated it was for the sake of his training. I guess she didn't know what effect it could have on him. For all she knows, after hearing the news he might've decide to quit which would decrease his chances against the SUC which could cause more casualties. For example, had it not been for his training, he would've been unable to gain the advantage of memorizing coolguy's movements and possibly end up failing to save 3 lives (his included).

Quote:
Her getting in love with him and all that mojo doesn't deserve any forgiveness for her previous actions and targets.
Sera is somewhat the same as Yaoi boy. They're both raised as calculative humans in their own way but only started to change after meeting Shioon. I'd say give her a chance. Also, going by your logic, nearly every character in the Breaker doesn't deserve to be forgiven since they all tried to kill Shioon in some way.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 19:30   Link #1830
Franckie
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I never said Shiho's ressurection would guarantee anything. What I meant is that because she is who she is, she will be potentially useful.
To be honest her resurrection would probably lead to lame developments. Remember her death made Goomoonryong even angrier than he already was towards the Murim. So what would happen if she comes back? GMR would start to mellow out again as he was doing in Part I. Her revival would lessen the upcoming tension when GMR returns and starts butting heads with his former disciple Shioon.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:58   Link #1831
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
New cover with Shioon:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100153525942

The chap might be late again. Author has difficulty with the deadline for friday.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:03   Link #1832
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Where hot girls are fighting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
To be honest her resurrection would probably lead to lame developments. Remember her death made Goomoonryong even angrier than he already was towards the Murim. So what would happen if she comes back? GMR would start to mellow out again as he was doing in Part I. Her revival would lessen the upcoming tension when GMR returns and starts butting heads with his former disciple Shioon.

I agree with this..maybe..her resurrection can make a change in Goomoonryong behavior..in the first season...when she was "killed" by the old bastard,Goomoonryong go out of mind...because he had started to develop feeling for her..she was the once that helped Shioon..and she was the once that tell Goomoonryong to take care of Shioon...i hope that maybe..she can do again something like this...
__________________
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 21:45   Link #1833
spikexp
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Quebec
Age: 22
She might not come back with her mind intact, it might even be a greater hit for everyone she was close to.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:38   Link #1834
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
63 raw's are out..

Spoiler:

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-03-17 at 20:49.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:46   Link #1835
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Spoiler for damn:
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:50   Link #1836
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Spoiler for damn:
the one where he looks all crazy?

Spoiler:
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:53   Link #1837
Xion Valkyrie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Totally appropriate:

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:53   Link #1838
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoiler:
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:54   Link #1839
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
EX
Spoiler:
yeah
Spoiler:

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-03-17 at 21:05.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:12   Link #1840
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
looks like things are getting interesting.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.