AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 50 46.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-19, 15:31   Link #21
Goggen
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
And what's with the hotel manager? Does the phenomenon literally take over minds now, like it did with Kubodera-sensei?
But if so, why would it make her kill her husband (or whoever he was)? He doesn't have any connection to the class, so he should be safe from the calamity... Is her psycho killing unrelated to the calamity and just... bad luck for the kids?
__________________
KEION!GEEK - a K-On! fan blog
Goggen is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:35   Link #22
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
*snort*
I thought I was watching a horror anime until it turned into comedy. I don't know, but everything just turned into a gag. Why? Mm... Not sure, but really, I couldn't take it too seriously. People going crazy too quickly.
I was able to take it up to Tesshi accidentally killing the guy..., but then...

-Takako suddenly appearing at Lv5. (She didn't seem that insane an episode back and at that point, she should have already known though...?)
-Takako announcing to the class and then everyone just suddenly zombie-appears in the hallways...
-(And in the middle of this, some old lady that just... er...........)
-NEET-brother's sister going "DIEEEEEEEE!" --> Gets hit and snarls (<--point) "UEEEEEEEGHH!" --> Falls and does a Kill Me, Baby
-Two guys just staring into space and one of them has a weird speech pattern --> Toasty!
-Oh forgot, but also some ol' man dead behind doors!!! But then the screen shifting to doors closing. You know, it happens all the time in comedy. Open the doors, see something you don't like, and then slowly close the doors and pretend it never happened.
-Takako just popping out of nowhere in a comedic fashion (going "Not me") and attacking...
Too much too quick for me. Phew...

-Ah, but the SM play following that moment was nice. Always thought she'd fit the role, for some reason.

-And then she somehow manages to get tangled up and hanged by wires. (<--EH?! Not even sure how that happened. The wires were not so tight and wrapping from the looks of it, unless someone booby-trapped it like a snare... Mr. God of Death?!)

But anyways, it's unfortunate I could no longer take the anime seriously and unfortunate Takako died, but at least I finally learned her real name and at least got to see her do a little S&M before the anime ended. RIP.

And look, Akazawa-san snapped too. Eh~~~?
Let's just say a virus caused all of them to go crazy and die. That's the best explanation.

Takako~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~n(?)!
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:41   Link #23
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
Was it only me that found the slow reactions in the first half of the episode irking? First, when the protagonists find out that someone fell out of the balcony and want to check if he is dead or not, they nonchalantly and very slowly walk out. They should be running down the hall! Same thing when Sakaki finds that one guy stabbed on the floor. His reaction "oh look, his been stabbed. Oh well, not my problem." He seemed to collected to just leave him and check out the dining hall. Same with the fire thing. He did almost nil to let people know. And most of all, Misaki FIGGEN KNOWS who the dead is, but she doesn't tell anyone about it. Wow. Psycho junior high schools are fun, but not when other things dont make sense. No 119 call let check the teacher first lolol.
__________________
Nochgo is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:42   Link #24
RikaNipah
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scotland.
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to RikaNipah
A lot of the characters going a bit Rena Ryuugu/Maria Ushiromiya in this ep.
I used to like Akazawa and now she gets on my nerves because now she's just assuming things so quickly.
I also thought it was so weird that just because one person said Mei was the extra that EVERYONE is like 'yep that seems legit let's go kill our classmate'.
Also, why is the granny going crazy?... Ohwell, not like I could get a truly logical reason for that when it comes to this anime seeing as someone already stabbed themself in the throat multiple times. @A@'
RikaNipah is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:45   Link #25
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Ah, come to think of it, Takako's voice actor = Fukuen, right?
THIS-ROLE-AGAIN-

Commentator: Just shut up already
Me: Sorry, tension got a little high from watching the episode (probably the wrong way though)
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:50   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*snort*
I thought I was watching a horror anime until it turned into comedy. I don't know, but everything just turned into a gag. Why? Mm... Not sure, but really, I couldn't take it too seriously. People going crazy too quickly.
I was able to take it up to Tesshi accidentally killing the guy..., but then...

-Takako suddenly appearing at Lv5. (She didn't seem that insane an episode back and at that point, she should have already known though...?)
-Takako announcing to the class and then everyone just suddenly zombie-appears in the hallways...
-(And in the middle of this, some old lady that just... er...........)
-NEET-brother's sister going "DIEEEEEEEE!" --> Gets hit and snarls (<--point) "UEEEEEEEGHH!" --> Falls and does a Kill Me, Baby
-Two guys just staring into space and one of them has a weird speech pattern --> Toasty!
-Oh forgot, but also some ol' man dead behind doors!!! But then the screen shifting to doors closing. You know, it happens all the time in comedy. Open the doors, see something you don't like, and then slowly close the doors and pretend it never happened.
-Takako just popping out of nowhere in a comedic fashion (going "Not me") and attacking...
Too much too quick for me. Phew...

-Ah, but the SM play following that moment was nice. Always thought she'd fit the role, for some reason.

-And then she somehow manages to get tangled up and hanged by wires. (<--EH?! Not even sure how that happened. The wires were not so tight and wrapping from the looks of it, unless someone booby-trapped it like a snare... Mr. God of Death?!)

But anyways, it's unfortunate I could no longer take the anime seriously and unfortunate Takako died, but at least I finally learned her real name and at least got to see her do a little S&M before the anime ended. RIP.

And look, Akazawa-san snapped too. Eh~~~?
Let's just say a virus caused all of them to go crazy and die. That's the best explanation.

Takako~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~n(?)!
You mean like a Yomiyama-Syndrome?
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:55   Link #27
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
The show's been really uneven in the second half, but I am glad to see that if it was going to jump the shark, it didn't hold back. That was gloriously awful and stupid. I debated giving this a 1 or a 10, there was no middle ground, but ultimately went with 1 even though I laughed my ass off at this episode. Just a shame that the setup from the first few episodes was blown to pieces in the second half. There was so much hilariously bad stuff that I'm going to have to go back and rewatch again to catch it all. Some of my reactions as I watched this episode:

- Everyone's reactions were really subdued. At the beginning, Teshigawara busts in and says "I might have killed someone!" and Sakakibara and Mei's reaction is "Oh...really?" No one is particularly concerned about checking on whether the guy is still alive. Throughout the episode there's too much of this, there's a fire, blood everywhere, and half the characters are just "eh, whatever".

- I know characters in horror act stupid, but the lines "Do you think we should go outside and call the cops", "nah, let's find Mikami-sensei first!" cracked me up.

- The whole Mochizuki dragging Teshigawara around the hotel while being slowly "chased" by the nutty manager...

- A school girl kicking down a locked hotel door (which are usually rather strong).

- The rain of piss and spit as Takako died. Heck, everything involving her this episode.

- And Mei is one stone cold mofo. Never freaks out the entire episode.
TurkeyPotPie is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 15:57   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
The reactions were indeed over-the-top, but that didn't bother me too much. Why? Because I've also been watching BRS this season. The behavior of the characters in Another seem 100% believable if you compare them to that of the BRS cast

They at least had a decent reason for going psycho. Their lives are one the line here. It's kill or be killed. The students chanting "bring the dead back to death" like brainless zombies was quite ridiculous though. And Ogura's death was hilarious.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:00   Link #29
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
With the exception of the female manager going on a mad psycho spree, I was just shaking my head this entire episode at the hysteria all these fools are going through. Especially, Takao and the girl who lost her brother these poor fools have lost all their souls and *should* be killed. They are nothing more than animals at this point that need to be put down.

*sigh* I feel tad depressed after watching this episode. Chances are people in IRL might actually act this way when faced with death and that just makes me a sad bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post

- I know characters in horror act stupid, but the lines "Do you think we should go outside and call the cops", "nah, let's find Mikami-sensei first!" cracked me up.

- The whole Mochizuki dragging Teshigawara around the hotel while being slowly "chased" by the nutty manager...

- A school girl kicking down a locked hotel door (which are usually rather strong).

- The rain of piss and spit as Takako died. Heck, everything involving her this episode.

- And Mei is one stone cold mofo. Never freaks out the entire episode.
They could of called the cops, but I think the female manager probably disconnected all the phones since she may had other plans if you get my drift. As for Misaki, maybe she's just seen and experienced similar shocking things that has her decentized?
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:20   Link #30
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 29
I'm actually really excited that not only do we not know what comes next, but we've actually got a mystery on our hands of what came before. When Sakakibara saw the stabbed kid in the hall, and the fire/murder in the kitchen, but no one else seemed to notice, I kind of thought he was losing his mind, but sure enough, bam, Cleaver Granny.

I can't wait to see the other side of this story. Things had gone from bad to worse long before Sugiura played the tape, but notice she arrived on the scene covered in blood before she even went after Mei. Whatever happened, she probably had a hand in setting it in motion, though she specifically denies being responsible for Maejima, and possibly for the fire in the dining hall, depending on how you chose to take her words.

Chibiki and asthma kid are both still driving through the goddamned Lost Woods. Protip, Chibiki, you newb: north, then west, then south, then west.

I'm guessing asthma kid is just there as a device to remove Chibiki, but really, would he have been a sufficient voice of reason to prevent things from going full Lord of the Flies? There must be some reason he has to not be there.

Sadly, I think we can write Izumi off. The final casualty, perhaps?
ThereminVox is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:20   Link #31
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
This episode pretty much left me speechless, and I'm not sure if I mean that in a good way or a bad way. So fabulously over the top the end result is either absurdly awesome or immensely ridiculous. And I think I'm leaning towards the ridiculous end; it's like the whole presentation went to the cuckoo land.

The gang calmly strolling to see whether the guy whom Teshigawara killed is actually dead, Mikami down for the count from a hit with a MOP, psycho grandma on the loose, burning houses and cleaving faces, the students slowly gathering in the hallway like a zombie horde while chanting about returning dead to the death ...

Seriously, what happened to the show I was enjoying so much up to now ? This was silly on so many levels. I think this is the first time Another has made me borderline laugh during a death scene - when ... err ...whatshername managed to get herself strangled upon those wires. The whole episode was a prime example of unintentional funniness.

The only good part was seeing Koichi not pulling punches to get past his nutso classmates, he scores some points there.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:39   Link #32
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I can't help but be irked to no end by this episode.
I did expect a huge uproar should the information was leaked, but the way it was played was outright awful.
First off, as stated already, Kouichi and friends reactions were awfully dull to the point it didn't make sense: past the revelation shock, they were simply walking, despite Kazami might be dying as they were going there. Meanwhile, Kouichi seems to be much more interested by some random room instead of helping out a stabbed classmate.

They also know there is a killer around, yet they for some reason split themselves... humm, okay... (What about the speakers, and announcing the predicament and the fire?)

Mikami hurt that way with a mop? Now that's seriously an incredible display of strength here.

Meanwhile, Teshigawara couldn't walk due to a... mere scratch? I could buy that he was limping, but to the point he has to be... dragged by Mochizuki? (To begin with, how Mochizuki can drag the former, considering his build?).

But aside those points, the whole "zombie army"-like scenes with the classmates wasn't really convincing. Instead, it really felt forced and really underhanded in so many ways.

I frankly hope the last episode will not follow the same trend, because that would be a very poor conclusion.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:40   Link #33
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This episode pretty much left me speechless, and I'm not sure if I mean that in a good way or a bad way. So fabulously over the top the end result is either absurdly awesome or immensely ridiculous. And I think I'm leaning towards the ridiculous end; it's like the whole presentation went to the cuckoo land.

...Seriously, what happened to the show I was enjoying so much up to now ? This was silly on so many levels. I think this is the first time Another has made me borderline laugh during a death scene - when ... err ...whatshername managed to get herself strangled upon those wires. The whole episode was a prime example of unintentional funniness.

The only good part was seeing Koichi not pulling punches to get past his nutso classmates, he scores some points there.
I think the only plausible explanation is... BA DA BOOM... the phenomenon made them do it!

I mean, seriously, how else to explain psycho grandma? The symptoms are all too similar to those that afflicted poor Kubodera. It seems the phenomenon doesn't just reduce your LUCK stat, but also reduces your INT so severely that even 18+ scores would plummet to 3 or lower.

The adrenaline-pumping moments were good, with the usual solid sound effects to support them but, yeah, the delivery did spin far too unexpectedly into slasher-humour territory, which becomes only more obvious once the initial excitement fades. Well, at least it's only one more episode to the big reveal. Even if things stay over-the-top nonsensical, here's hoping it'll end on an emotional high note...
TinyRedLeaf is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:46   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't help but be irked to no end by this episode.
I did expect a huge uproar should the information was leaked, but the way it was played was outright awful.
First off, as stated already, Kouichi and friends reactions were awfully dull to the point it didn't make sense: past the revelation shock, they were simply walking, despite Kazami might be dying as they were going there. Meanwhile, Kouichi seems to be much more interested by some random room instead of helping out a stabbed classmate.

They also know there is a killer around, yet they for some reason split themselves... humm, okay... (What about the speakers, and announcing the predicament and the fire?)

Mikami hurt that way with a mop? Now that's seriously an incredible display of strength here.

Meanwhile, Teshigawara couldn't walk due to a... mere scratch? I could buy that he was limping, but to the point he has to be... dragged by Mochizuki? (To begin with, how Mochizuki can drag the former, considering his build?).

But aside those points, the whole "zombie army"-like scenes with the classmates wasn't really convincing. Instead, it really felt forced and really underhanded in so many ways.

I frankly hope the last episode will not follow the same trend, because that would be a very poor conclusion.

Most things making this so unreasonable result from the differences between the different kinds of media used.
Different characters die, different characters getting depressed without their depression ever being shown to the same extrend as needed to make the last part reasonable.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 16:50   Link #35
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
The thing is that: I don't even question Takao's "madness", even though they could actually make her more "unstable" for several episodes, instead of making Izumi saying this ("show, don't tell!" point).

But the way how, every classmates showed up -sloooooowly- but -at the same time- in a zombie fashion was really silly. I would expect some to rush out, others to panic, and maybe some questioning or trying to share opinions in a much concerned way than 2 guys chilling out in the hall.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 17:08   Link #36
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Age: 33
Well that was over the top. Was wondering at some point in the episode if this was the same series I was watching. As other mentioned, it was hard to suspend my disbelief when the redshirts went zombie-mode.
Note that we did have a bit of foreshadowing with the class’ mentally unstable state, as none of the redshirts were smiling when they took the picture in front of the lodge.
When they didn't hurry to check Kazami it was annoying though. In a "get a goddarn move on!" kind of way.

I’m sure there must be a point to the “other the top”-ness; or at least I hope there is.


When Ouji (long-haired dude) went to open the door I thought to myself “this would so create a backdraft in real life”. I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see it actually happen! I need to find a way to show it to my colleagues at the fire station ^^ (for the record that’s a very dangerous fire phenomenon and not just the name of a TV series).
don_Durandal is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 17:42   Link #37
Candyshark
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
yeah and the guy got roasted with his hair intact. The more funny the whole thing that Mei a girl of figure of china doll run off to take care of "Another" all by herself.

The episode started with very high suspence for me: Those short scenes of teacher with lifeless stare got me in panic. I was like OMG not her she is dead! next cut. OMG she got stabbed in the back! she moved! uff thanks god.
Candyshark is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 18:15   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I hate killing people. Whether they deserve to be punished or not.

That being said, Insane Glasses Girl and Insane Cute Girl deserved to fucking die.

And I don't mean for some silly reason like trying to kill the Moe.

I seriously mean they needed to die because they are insane and the world is better off without them.

They got what they deserved.

You know, at least the thing that Upbeat Lazy Guy did to the other guy was a fight that escalated. Even if he got killed (which he didn't), at least I would have some amount of understanding.


Did the guy that injured/killed Mikami-sensei die yet?

Hot Countermeasures Girl, you are still safe. Please don't become an insane bitch that needs to die as well.
Dengar is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 18:15   Link #39
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
The only thing I liked about this episode was Kouichi protecting Mei.

The rest I was like, I can't believe they just did that
__________________
Kirarakim is offline  
Old 2012-03-19, 18:18   Link #40
sikvod00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Homestead, FL
Age: 28
I totally disagree, Dengar. Those people needed to be stopped, but they didn't "deserve" to die. They snapped from all the fear, frustration, paranoia and whatnot that has been building for months, and reacted in the most unsighlty way possible....OK, I admit it was deliciously hilarious the way they reacted and I did laugh out lough when glasses girl stupidly chocked to death.
sikvod00 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.