AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Aquarion Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-20, 18:49   Link #3041
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Which still counts...something called...(drumroll please) upcoming character development.
What's another term for 'upcoming character development'?

Character development that hasn't happened yet.

So you're applying what might happen, to your impressions of a character now ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Amata didn't seem to interact with anyone aside of his boss in the movie theater before he met Mikono.

What's your point? Some characters might get more fleshed out when the story focuses on them for a purpose. And some characters we don't know anything about aside of their powers, quirks and potential connection to past lives (Kagura and Zessica, so far. Andy too minus the later) because they might be hiding something important for future development.

Like in every series ever?
Actually I'm not quite sure what your point is myself. Your main defence of Kagura is that he might have future development?


My point on the other hand, is that in this time and space Amata has more side to him than just his affection toward Mikono, something that Kagura cannot claim to have.

(Substitute 'affection' for creepy, unhealthy, perverted obsession)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 18:57   Link #3042
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Mikono's scent may have been his driving force but I'm talking about the fact that whatever little screen time they gave him past episode six was him being anguished for her because she was in danger, because she was his, because whatever other reason.
Well… Amata anguished when Mikono was angry with him. Do you remember how he screwed up that exercise that ended with ORZ because of this? So, by comparison, Kagura being anguished while being tortured and watching her getting hurt seems a bit more justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I remember a post in here about shit hitting the fan around the mid point but I never heard anything about the reincarnations. The next episode would have to divulge quite a bit (which is certainly possible) because we still have no real idea who Mikono/Zessica are, Kagura is pretty clear, and utterly no idea on Amata. Episode 11 made Mykage/Kagura pretty clear on Kagura/Mikono being the desired end (for whatever reason Mykage might have) but then a mirror threw in Zessica for some reason out of the blue. Episode 12 was chock full of comparisons/overlaps between Amata/Mikono and Apollon/Sylvia during the movie and again, Zessica gets pulled in this time with a display of her powers, and Kagura has to show up right in the middle of the movie, during Apollon's segment, and break through Sylvia's head and end the movie.
I read that ‘who is reincarnation of who will be also made apparent, rather than implied’ or something along those lines.

Kagura = given.

Mikono-Zessica = agree. Although I am leaning more on Mikono’s side… so far.

As for Amata. What comparison? You know Amata was in “Sylvie” place. If they wanted to make a real hint would have him switching place. If anything, these past two episodes have played against him being a reincarnation. His flight power comes from Alisia, who is a walking descendant reference. His fixation of the movie and the nostalgia when Mikono throws a line about the film is not due to reincarnation, but because he has abandonment issues with his mom.
I would say that Jin and loli got more references for the star crossed lovers on opposite sides than Amata and Mikono did. But that is better for me, I… do not usually like reincarnation romance. So I am more interested in Amata and Mikono if they are not reliving the past.

They did not make it confusing. IMO, they are possibly hinting Amata is not a reincarnation. He's the only one in those episodes who did not really have a vision or some impression of the past, instead we got an explanation of his feelings of the movie. Maybe next episode will change this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually I'm not quite sure what your point is myself. Your main defence of Kagura is that he might have future development?

My point on the other hand, is that in this time and space Amata has more side to him than just his affection toward Mikono, something that Kagura cannot claim to have.

(Substitute 'affection' for creepy, unhealthy, perverted obsession)
Calm your shipping tits. Nobody is speaking about them as couple.

(Rather is "Forbidden love", isn't it? That's how it was labelled. Like any typical shoujo romance, yes?).
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:05   Link #3043
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Calm your shipping tits. Nobody is speaking about them as couple.

(Rather is "Forbidden love", isn't it? That's how it was labelled. Like any typical shoujo romance, yes?).
You're right, nobody is speaking about them as a couple, including myself

Where did you get that impression ? Was it the creepy, unhealthy, perverted obsession? Cause you know, it is what it is... Though I might have added a few adjectives to drive home the point
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:07   Link #3044
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
That's not Sylvie in her vision. The Sylvie in her vision has solid purple hair. This one seems Alisia playing the role.
That was Mikono in her vision in Alisia's Sylphie costume. Which is why Zessica is looking at Mikono wondering wtf was up with her being Sylphie from the movie.

I mean, have some pictures of Alisia-as-Sylphie, also the latest one, Amata's photo. Even taking the age difference into consideration (how old was Alisia when she played the role, anyway?) she doesn't look like Mikono at all. (Btw, a small extra: if you look at the last pic, the teruteru thing in the window looks suspiciously like... a cat. I smell a huge conspiracy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
Girl looks like his mom. Or rather like the ideal-like lover role his mom played when she was a teen. Interest at first sight.
Oh after watching his mom's movie.
Girl quoted the line from Alisia's Sylvie WHEN they met. Bonus points.
Then it progresses with some minimal bonding. What is Mikono's power again? To connect.
OK, put my contrary opinion aside for the moment and let's assume that what you say is true. Why hasn't anyone commented on Mikono (supposedly) looking like Alisia and Amata having an Oedipus complex at all during the course of 12 episodes? Zessica could've brought it up to tease Amata (you know she would have). Jin, the resident Sylphie otaku could have brought it up when he first saw Mikono (we saw how he immediately recognized Alisia out of costume looking totally unlike her Sylphie persona). Apparently Andy also saw the movie so why didn't he say anything? Izumo, who still carries a torch for Alisia, has seen Mikono's picture numerous times and yet he only made the Amata-Alisia connection. The one who connected Mikono with Alisia/Sylphie in episode 11 was... you guessed it, Mykage.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:11   Link #3045
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're right, nobody is speaking about them as a couple, including myself

Where did you get that impression? Was it the creepy, unhealthy, perverted obsession? Cause you know, it is what it is...
For a minute you sounded a little too emotional about it.

Eh, Kagura? Kagura is your average 'gets the girl' shoujo bad boy. This is why Mikono/Kagura is less interesting to me than Amata/Mikono, it's your average shoujo romance.

Well, if they have been following each others for over 12.000 years, of course is obsessive and creepy. Every reincarnation romance is and not many acknolwedge it.

Perverted though? Kagura probably knows as much as girls as Jin does.

Unhealthy? He just got tortured and mindscrewed by Mykage, plus he's being separated by dimensions/planets of distance. While Amata agonized over being separated by a wall.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:17   Link #3046
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
For a minute you sounded a little too emotional about it.

Eh, Kagura? Kagura is your average 'gets the girl' shoujo bad boy.
Don't those characters usually have something else going for them? Nevermind, I'm not a expert in shoujo...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Well, if they have been following each others for over 12.000 years, of course is obsessive and creepy. Every reincarnation romance is and not many acknolwedge it.
So we're in agreement, excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Perverted though? Kagura probably knows as much as girls as Jin does.
The general meaning of the word 'perverted' means "changed to or being of an unnatural or abnormal kind" or "turned from what is right; wicked; misguided; distorted"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Unhealthy? He just got tortured and mindscrewed by Mykage, plus he's being separated by dimensions/planets of distance. While Amata agonized over being separated by a wall.
Everything is relative

We have people in this world living without clean drinking water... And people that agonizes over not having enough money to buy that new Madoka figurines

Who's to say one is in more anguish than the other ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:27   Link #3047
Thess
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't those characters usually have something else going for them? Nevermind, I'm not a expert in shoujo...
Usually in shoujo, there's the sweet, "prince" like guy the heroine likes first until she falls for the jerk who was abusive and creepy because she eventually softens for her. All girls want bad boys are the usual winning troupe.

Kagura looks tame in comparison to some shoujo male interests. I was surprised when he was asking permission to kill to his targets. Really, he hasn't beaten up Mikono or attempted to rape her... so he's a perfect saint.

His current more insane state seems more consequence of Mykage mindscrew than his usual personality. Izumo knows is Mykage's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So we're in agreement, excellent
Of course. I wish more portrayed reincarnation romance as creepy and obsessive. It seems like they handwave it as sweet and romantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The general meaning of the word 'perverted' means "changed to or being of an unnatural or abnormal kind" or "turned from what is right; wicked; misguided; distorted"
I wouldn't call it abnormal in a regular sense... Kagura's pretty 'natural' boy, closer to nature. Right now, though, thanks to Mykage, it seemed he drove him insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I mean, have some pictures of Alisia-as-Sylphie, also the latest one, Amata's photo. Even taking the age difference into consideration (how old was Alisia when she played the role, anyway?) she doesn't look like Mikono at all. (Btw, a small extra: if you look at the last pic, the teruteru thing in the window looks suspiciously like... a cat. I smell a huge conspiracy.)
Those are good points, although I don't agree with Mikono not having a connection with Alisia (not saying Amata has a bad case of Oedipus, but generally men and women are inclined to seek partners who resemble their parents in some ways. So it's natural). I would laugh my head off if Kagura's real form is the wolf and Mykage turned him human. But he's real Apollo(n).

While Sylvia(e) is Mikono's 'cat'.

God.

Make it happen Kawamori.
__________________

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:42   Link #3048
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Not to mention that Rena might have been technically blind but she could see by other means. Sure, she had a pretty weird vision but she herself said that she could see just fine (hell, she saw things nobody else could see). Plus in Evol Crea occupies Rena's position and she even looks like her, so.
but we know nothing of how rena looked like in this universe. so she really could have just been blind. i think we should not confuse the previous characters to the new ones in appearance or in elemental abilities.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:49   Link #3049
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Usually in shoujo, there's the sweet, "prince" like guy the heroine likes first until she falls for the jerk who was abusive and creepy because she eventually softens for her. All girls want bad boys are the usual winning troupe.
Which is why I find that setup painfully generic and boring, and borderline offensive to my intelligence as a female. (I'm not one to mistake fantasy with reality so if that's what someone enjoys then more power to them. It's just like, my opinion, man.) And I'm really not into the "abusive jerk vs sweet cute girl" dynamics, aside of the abuse it has a tendency to make the girl look like a martyr whose only raison d'etre is to make the guy happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Of course. I wish more portrayed reincarnation romance as creepy and obsessive. It seems like they handwave it as sweet and romantic.
If it's the exact same two people with the exact same personalities, exact same (or as similar as possible) background, etc. and they actually have chemistry then I don't mind it... but when it's two different people who have their own personalities and lives aside of being reincarnations, and yet they must be in love because zomg destiny and they're not allowed to move on... yeah, that's eeehh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I would laugh my head off if Kagura's real form is the wolf and Mykage turned him human. But he's real Apollo(n).

While Sylvia(e) is Mikono's 'cat'.
At this point I'm waiting for the reveal that Alisia was in fact the real Sylphie and Apollon is in fact Aquarion and Amata, Mikono, Kagura et al are basically just a coincidence.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 19:56   Link #3050
Vena
Carpe Diem
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ||At the edge of finality.||
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I read that ‘who is reincarnation of who will be also made apparent, rather than implied’ or something along those lines.
If that is true, then I can't really imagine it going any other way than Kagura <-> Apollon, Zessica <-> Sylvie (even if the latter has quite literally come out of nowhere in the last two episodes). Rather disappointing if that would be the case but I can't make much sense of why introduce the two rather sudden things about Zessica in the last two episodes. (Even if I don't think that seeing something in a mirror is a *vision* or *memory* as per how the show has previously established either but I'll leave it to the writers to hand wave it away.)

As for Amata, I'll give you that point.
__________________
Transcend Eternity
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:15   Link #3051
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Thinking more about Zessica, another idea: we might be making too much of her crush on Amata and too little of her dislike of Mikono (or if not dislike, whatever you'd want to call it). Clearly there's a bit of both at work, and it's not like anyone's that well-characterized anyways (), but it may be more of a "perfect storm" scenario than her going off the deep end for Amata just because hey! he's the protagonist! (...at least for now, sigh).

Thess: the specific point isn't just that Kagura's narrowly characterized. It's more that he's narrowly characterized in a way that *doesn't work well* if his character gets much more development in the "good guy" direction. EG: we can forgive him some of his current creepiness because he was raised by some combination of wolf-beats and shadow angels; Kagura simply can't be expected to know any better...but if he comes to know right from wrong (), then he has to completely revise how he's going after Mikono...unless he remains a villain to the bitter end. That's the gist of it. Amata's not nearly so "blocked" from character development; he can grow and mature without having to change nearly as many character traits.
I don't see any disliking. She dislikes Mikono so much she actually groped her when afraid.

Zessica isn't the bitter bitch you're alkl trying to make her to be.

Even her jellyness only tranlated to being sad. And she isn't trying to interfer between Amata and Mikono because she's a good person.


Kagura's characterization is alright. For me he's way more interesting and original than the bland Amata and his mommy issues.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:00   Link #3052
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
New scan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I would say that Jin and loli got more references for the star crossed lovers on opposite sides than Amata and Mikono did..
Agreed. They're too similar to be star-crossed lovers, something that is the main theme of the OS & OVA and now EVOL
So far Amata and Mikono don't meet the criteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

As for Amata. What comparison? You know Amata was in “Sylvie” place. If they wanted to make a real hint would have him switching place. If anything, these past two episodes have played against him being a reincarnation. His flight power comes from Alisia, who is a walking descendant reference. His fixation of the movie and the nostalgia when Mikono throws a line about the film is not due to reincarnation, but because he has abandonment issues with his mom.
Honestly I think the past two episodes played against him being a reincarnation of Apollon. Again they showed that he has more in common with Sylvia and Sirius

Sirius didn't have any memories of the past either. If Alicia is a descendant, of Apollon and Sylvie then his power of flight comes from the "feathers" he inherited from Apollon. Amata isn't your average element, he's different from the others because he has feathers. His Oedipus complex is similar to Sylvia's brother's-complex. His fixation with the movie could be a result of his abandonment issues and his being a reincarnation. Because as Sylvie he would be the one who was left behind. His background is really similar to Mikono's and Sylvia...OS Sylvia. She also lost her parents and her older brother for a time.

Both Amata and Mikono are a lot like Silvia. In the OS & OVA and like the OVA. Neither of them seem to have any memories of the past, yet it seems as if they know things.

In episode 6
"I felt it too. I think I know him too..."

It's as if Amata's subconscious recognized Kagura as Apollon the same way Mikono's did. He also said that he "felt" as if he knew him. This is a lot like Silvia.

As I said before, there is more that says he's Sylvie than Apollon and although they're hinting he's not Apollon, I don't feel they're trying to send out a message that he's not any of the reincarnations. Kagura is...and following someone across time, and being reborn is anything but creepy

Also Kagura is a featured character in merchandise and promo images. More so than Zessica so he may be a Villain Protagonist at the moment, but he's still a major protagonist. It is because he will have to change and the audience will experience it with him---that marks him as a protagonist. Amata won't change much, that is why he's the main character but he's not the main protagonist. He can be the main character, and that doesn't bother me, BECAUSE they made it clear that it's not "his" story. It's Kagura's and Mikono's so I'm straight with that
Sharing! <3
This was colored based on the official images in the sample images found on EVOL's main website

V2


Amata CD COVER V2 V3 & V4




Feathers


Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-03-21 at 02:21.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:24   Link #3053
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Another thing is that sentence Amata said in episode 01-02 when we first saw him.

He didn't want to be a mere spectator facing destiny, or something like that.
It's more like Sylvia than Appollo.

Then we are apparently in a parrallele universe so it mays have importnat difference between Appollon/Sylvie and Appollo/Sylvia.

So far there are 3 candidate for Sylvie (Amata for the reasons stated above by LOP, Zessica (the telekinetic powers and the shared vision with kagura -if it's not a Mykage manipulation-, and Mikono -essentially the sent which bewitched Kagura, her being familiar with Kagura and the bonding power), but there is only one candidate for Appollon reincarnation and it's Kagura not Amata.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:40   Link #3054
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
And she isn't trying to interfer between Amata and Mikono because she's a good person.
That sure didn't stop her from basically sexually harrassing Amata for the lulz, when she knew fully well that he and Mikono liked each other, and knew that her teasing put a strain on their relationship. She only stopped doing it when she developed a crush on her own and became more self-conscious around Amata. I like Zessica, she's cute and all, but messing around with your friend's crush (against his will!) is not a very nice thing to do, to put it mildly.

By the way, am I the only one finding the amount of attention given to Jin & Yunoha strange? Yunoha was literally a non-entity until episode 7, after that she seemed to be the usual one-trick secondary character, and then BOOM episode 10. Jin was always sort of important but only because of the "last child born on Altair" thing... and then BOOM episode 10. I don't know if this was the writers' intention or it's the often seen inability to handle many characters at the same time, but Jin and Yunoha have developed not into a secondary couple with a secondary plotline but basically a full-blown protagonist couple that's parallel with the actual main characters. (In fact they're doing the whole star-crossed lovers thing a lot better than anyone else on the show, though that's probably because they are actually "star-crossed".) I wonder if it was done on purpose or if they'll go back to being secondary once the current events are settled (and Jin most likely defects to Neo-Deava's side).

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-21 at 03:07.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:53   Link #3055
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
I think it would be very interesting if Amata turned out to be Sylvie or part of Sylvie. But to say that he's not a possible candidate for Apollon is wrong. At this stage, it's far too early to be ruling out any major characters. The theory that Amata and Kagura are the same person somehow split apart could even be considered foreshadowed at this point, given the description Mykage gave of Alisia's child. Amata may be Alisia's child, but he doesn't have golden eyes, and Kagura does.

I'm pretty sure that the writers have written in some massive trolling somewhere, but it's hard to guess where. Even something like Kagura's resemblance to Apollo could be a troll. Mikono being Sylvie could be the same.

Speaking of Kagura, he hasn't had enough screen time yet, so he's underdeveloped as a character. I'd really like to see what happens if he does get a chance to spend time with Mikono when he's in his right mind. They've only met very briefly so far.

I really like the way Zessica's jealousy is being handled. She's proven to be a classy person in that respect: she's not being unpleasant to people because of her jealousy, or trying to steal Amata from Mikono. But I'm sorry to see her suffering over it. What I'd like to see from her is more about what she's like when she's not caught up in love triangles. It's a waste of a good character to only involve her in that.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 04:04   Link #3056
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That sure didn't stop her from basically sexually harrassing Amata for the lulz, when she knew fully well that he and Mikono liked each other, and knew that her teasing put a strain on their relationship. She only stopped doing it when she developed a crush on her own and became more self-conscious around Amata. I like Zessica, she's cute and all, but messing around with your friend's crush (against his will!) is not a very nice thing to do, to put it mildly.
.
She had no intention of having them breaking up. She was just upset at being stuck between 2 very cheesy and boring love-birds, so she decided to poke fun at them, thus making the borefest that is the MikonoxAmata relationship more bearable to watch for us.

And considering Amata is extremelly passive unless he feels some threat, him and Mikono wouldn't have had their little moment on the roof without Zessica's trolling triggering Mikono's jealousy and anger at Amata.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-21 at 04:44.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 04:30   Link #3057
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
now i think that Neo Deava needs to watch Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters...
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER

Last edited by DRAGUN H.E.X.; 2012-03-21 at 05:15.
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 04:56   Link #3058
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
The Red haired guy is freaking me out!!!! I sympathized on Amata having a guy looking that desperate on his girl... I'm shaking what would happen it the ending!!!

Mikono, don't give away to that wolf!!! I beg of you!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:13   Link #3059
Zuul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The Red haired guy is freaking me out!!!! I sympathized on Amata having a guy looking that desperate on his girl... I'm shaking what would happen it the ending!!!

Mikono, don't give away to that wolf!!! I beg of you!!!
To me, Kagura looks a lot more pittiful and desperate than Amata.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 05:14   Link #3060
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA
Age: 22
You seemed to have missed the point totally. I wish some people would actually take time to read a whole post and look at a series as whole rather than substitute my words for parts of a series when none is stated. But, alas, I will explain it in detail now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Next time make it Orange and Black
As you wish.

Quote:
In your mind maybe...in my mind..

.NO.IT. DID. NOT.
Please don't be condescending. It's rather rude. I'd like to consider you a person I like discussing with, so please try not to sound like you're on a higher pedestal than me when we both have the same ground so far as the series goes.

Quote:
Anything makes sense if it suits your purpose.

But no. Not in the same sense that you mean it. If you mean into two different people... While that is a possibility- given my experience with the last two series
there are three constants.
  1. Apollonious was an Angel of Massacre and killed lots of humans
  2. Apollonious power is inside of Aquarion and some memories his former life
  3. His reincarnation was just like he was- a BEAST who learned to love and care for humans.
Yes, and you really help my point here: the key word is was!

He was an angel of massacre who killed lots of humans then fell in love with one human, tore his wings off for her, and destroyed the world with that love. That's past tense.

In his first reincarnation as Apollo, he showed humanity, especially towards the people he grew up around. He also showed general care towards Silvia and co. during the first attack despite not knowing them. It was a 360 change from the last life. His feelings for Silvia (or Celienne) remained the same still. That never changed. But despite his beast-like behavior and rough actions, he never physically hurt those around him. Rather, he cared for them when they were hurt.

Kagura has failed to show these characteristics so far. He's plowed through the city aimlessly searching for the scent of his "bitch," not thinking about the harm he's causing to others. He also doesn't care for his comrades, like Jin or Izumo, even Mykage (which that one is understood). The only person he cares about is Mikono (and even that is a mystery if she isn't Celienne). That doesn't strike me as a person whom has regained humanity from his last reincarnation as Apollo. It just strikes me as the rebirth of the angel of massacre whom has cast his humanity aside.

Quote:
He was not
  • reborn as blushing and considerate sweet and shy youth like Amata
There is no parts of Amata that is like Apollonious or Apollo before or after.
And that is where Amata comes in.

Let's regard that "shy" nature right now.

For one, Apollo wasn't exactly like Apollonius. Sure, he had the beastly actions and lack of wings, but he had not only humanity (as explained above) but a slightly changed personality. It was due to growing up in his surroundings. And how should any character be different? Silvia wasn't. She had changed quite a bit from the flashbacks of Celienne. She had a different personality than the past.

So why should Amata be any different regarding this? It depends on their surroundings when they grow up. Their past lives (meaning all of them) affect their future. That's not shocking. Whilst Apollo grew up in a very bad place with no parents and few friends, Amata grew up with no friends (that we know of yet) and being abandoned by his mother. That's bound to make some personality changes to the reincarnation, especially if it is important people. This was no exception to Apollo either, whom lost his childhood friend right at the first attack.

Also, there was no direct proof that Apollonius' attitude and personality did not slightly change with Celienne. He was bound to have more pride than that. Which is why I say "split down the middle." Celienne was too. Silvia was the tsundere side of herself (albeit also quite a self-less person) whilst Sirius was the prideful nature she'd abandoned. In essence, they were both the same person, but their personalities and emotions were split because they were reborn as two instead of one. Apollo, in that reincarnation, didn't have to worry about it. He was Apollonius - full in the flesh. Aquarion was the only small exception, since it was his wings.

That being said, strip Apollonius of his beastly ways and pride; now what do you get?

Quote:
Kagura hasn't had much development as far as his past. Haven't you see the last discussion? We don't know if he's turned to a human or not. Also the series isn't over. If he could turn to a human before he met the love of his life...then we wouldn't be her now. Because NONE of this would exist. That's the whole point. An Angel of slaughter fell in love with a human and was redeemed--it just didn't come without sacrifices and nearly destryoed the world, because--you know. Shyte like that isn't susposed to happen--BUT there is also HOPE in the promise of LOVE. Oh come away with me, to the world of Aquarion and witness a love that brings both hope and great sorrow.
Let me stop you there. The problem with your observation is the fact he should develop human emotions or will. If he is Apollonius, he would've already gained that humanity from his past life as Apollo, hence the whole point in a nutshell. He shouldn't have to reclaim it. It's already been done. Reincarnation works like that. Each life you live is a memory that is plastered to the soul. And so, he should not have to reclaim his humanity, it was already left there by Apollo.

But since he's been unable to so far, it means he doesn't have humanity. He's a beast. And so, where did that humanity from the last life end up: in Amata.

And, just to let you know, just because Amata is Alisia's son, whom is the daughter of Apollonius and Celienne, doesn't mean he can't be a reincarnation of one of the two. It's not uncommon for that to happen, especially in anime, so I'd keep my eyes open if I were you, just in case that happens. I don't want you to get disappointed if it does.

Quote:
He clearly holds care for Mikono and she is the one who validates him by acknowledging his feelings for her. He's a "Lonely stray dog" looking for his master...SYLVIE
Again, he cares only for her; which is the whole freaking point. He's retained no humanity from his last reincarnation as Apollo. Therefore, he is a part of Apollonius but not the whole bit, as Apollo was all of Apollonius, disregarding the wings that were Aquarion.

Quote:
That is no different from Sirius and Silvia. Sirius truly loved his sister and desired to protect her from all things, including her fated lover. He just wasn't in love with her
Silvia was in love with him. Amata and Mikono's relationship is a lot like that, with the feelings of "love" stronger in the the male half this time around. But he still has more connections with Sylvie and there has been NOTHING that has given him a direct connection with Apollon other than familial as iin his "descendant"
Except you add to my point: Mikono is truly scared of Kagura. Celienne was never scared of Apollonius. She might've been scared of Toma but not Apollonius. The same applies for Silvia and Apollo. If Mikono was Celienne, she wouldn't be scared but rather confused, but she uses the word "scared."

So far, Mikono seems fine with Amata. She's had multiple opportunities to tell him off or state her intentions with him (even if they were as friends) but she hasn't. Not even once. She also gets jealous of other girls flirting with him. And where that occurs, Amata has the same jealousy of Kagura towards Mikono. They both feel like they've met Kagura, but that doesn't mean that Amata is Silvia, rather it could mean that Amata is a part of Apollonius that was cast aside upon the recent reincarnation, as said before. But their feelings towards each other are growing rather than halting like Sirius' relationship with Silvia did. It doesn't strike me as two halves falling in love. Rather, Amata (a part of Apollonius, the humanity most likely), rediscovering his feelings for Mikono as Celienne (although Zessica seems to also be a part of Silvia given the last episode).

Quote:
Apollonious didn't "gain humanity" until he was reborn as Apollo
Before that he tried to understand "humanity" because he couldn't since he was an Angel. He didn't understand what "food was" and he couldn't produce the " holy genesis light" without his wings, and so he was a bit wounded when Scorpius lashed out for him to save him with the "power" of his feathers

At no time did he express regret for his actions, he just wished he could have understood humans before then...and some of it was a bit wistful because as an ANGEL he wouldn't experience the same things..but he he never had humanity until he was REBORN as one.

Apollo---was a human but he knew nothing about Humans and was taught by the love of his friend Baron and the rest he learned because of his connection to Silvia.

Apollo was vulgar, Apollo was rude, Apollo was crude,Apollo was selfish and he was single minded. and could obsess over one single person and put that person before the entire world... He continued to say "deava be damned, I'm going after who I want and I want to save BARON!" until he he hurt Silvia with his carelessness. Apollo was beast that learned to love
--he's just like Kagura is now Never was he like that^^
I'm actually afraid to touch this one because it spirals so far away from the conversation.

For one, I never said Apollonius regretted his actions in his original life. Not once did I say that. Please, please stop putting words in my mouth. I also never said he "gained humanity" in that lifetime. Perhaps in the end he did, that is a little hazy considering the end of the flashbacks. But I never said he did. My statements in regards to that were towards Apollo and not his former self.

Also, yes; he "gained humanity" from his life as Apollo. However, that came from his surroundings and how he grew up. He came to understand humanity.

However, you contradict Apollo's nature. Though he was all about saving his best friend and the world be damned (as you put it) he cared about his comrades enough to get to know them and befriend them. A good example is again, Reika. He also grew attached to various others throughout the series. He was one of those characters whom said something to hide his inner feelings. Even Silvia noticed it when he risked his life just to save random people he didn't know. When she was hurt, he finally expressed those emotions and showed his gained humanity ten-fold. (I considered him a modern Vegeta.)

Quote:
But more says he's Silvia.
  • In love with his other half,
  • angsty about Kagura as much as Mikono, memories are locked, born with wings and ashamed of them so hid them,
  • has a power similar to Silvia's
  • is a descendant of the Apollon and Sylvie.......
So did Silvia....
And in regards to that, more are saying that Zessica is now Silvia. What's your point? You're gonna hide behind a Calvary with that one? It's kinda pointless since neither of those people know the truth either. At least stick to yourself when arguing, please don't put others in the line of fire because they are not involved in our conversation.

There is no proof that Amata is a part of Celienne at all. Rather, we have proof towards Zessica so far. There is slight proof towards Mikono but that flew out the window for me when she said she was afraid of Kagura (the possible Apollonius). I've seen no proof to tie him to Celienne. If anything, he's the opposite of her. So I really doubt it. Plus, what power is similar to Silvia? He flew into the sky--no, space; and only Apollonius has done that. Silvia couldn't fly. That's his elemental power though. So that rules out Silvia. If you refer to the hand piece in episode two, that was Zessica, not Amata.

Also, once again, it's not uncommon for reincarnations within the family. Amata is no exception. And this is anime, not reality, so that makes the chances of Amata being a part of Apollonius even higher. Just because he was born from them doesn't mean he isn't the reincarnation. It's been years since that time. It's not unlikely.
__________________
LoveMeKags is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.