AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your overall favorite girl in Mai-HiME???
Mai 26 26.80%
Natsuki 38 39.18%
Mikoto 8 8.25%
Akane 2 2.06%
Midori 8 8.25%
Fujino 3 3.09%
Haruka 0 0%
Yukino 1 1.03%
Akira 4 4.12%
Nao 5 5.15%
Other I didn't list 2 2.06%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-01-02, 08:23   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Favorite girl?

It had to be done. So who's your favorite girl in Mai-HiME? Actually this question is harder than usual, because the characters act and feel noticably different in the manga and the anime. Hmmm, I guess we can vote for favorite overall in the poll, favorite anime girl, and favorite manga girl though.


Favorite anime girl: Mai
I just love Mai in the anime. She's got spunk, she's got a great personality, and she's just a really likeable character.
Spoiler:



Favorite manga girl: Natsuki
Natsuki takes the cake for the best manga girl. I can't get enough of her. I love how she's normally aggressive and somewhat crude, but then turns around and shows that she's really a sweet, gentle girl (especially around Tate, that lucky bastard). Everytime I turn a page in the manga I hope to see more Natsuki action.


Overall winner: Natsuki
Natsuki's charm in the manga won me. I think that Mai acts a little overly sweet and caring in the manga for my tastes, so that helps me come to my decision.


Honorable mention: Akane
You know, there's just something about Akane that I really like. She's more like your average girl and she's a little clumsy, but she's really sweet, and cute, and caring. I love how she acts and talks around Kazu in the manga, especially in a particular chapter in volume 2. Also one should note that Akane and Kazu are not initially boyfriend and girlfriend in the manga as they are in the anime, which makes the relationship all the more fun to enjoy.
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 08:28   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Where is Nao-chan?
dreamless is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 08:34   Link #3
Ialdaboth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Fujino, because she has interesting hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Where is Nao-chan?
Stealing some random guy in a dark corner of a street, why ?
Ialdaboth is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 08:34   Link #4
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Where is Nao-chan?
Ahh crap I knew I had to be forgetting someone important! But there are too many girls, I couldn't fit them all in the poll!
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 08:41   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Ahh crap I knew I had to be forgetting someone important! But there are too many girls, I couldn't fit them all in the poll!
I think your memory is going, she's right there between 'Akira' and 'Other I didn't list'. And even if she wasn't, you did have the catch all 'Other I didn't list'
xris is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 09:19   Link #6
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
My vote goes for Natsuki. There's just something about her that I can't get enough of.

As for honorable mention, I could float that over to (bare with me, I'm horrible with names) the nurse and the nun. Ugh, horrible with names...
Esper 28 is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 09:35   Link #7
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Anime : Natsuki, dunno why but her bossy attitude kinda grew on me, too bad her HiME currently sucks because of the sheer power of that robot girl.

Manga : Natsuki, kinda different from the anime, but basically the same. The one thing that pwned more about her personality in the manga is the more femine personality that she shows only around Tate (yeah, Tate the playah).

Honorable Mention : The Nun and that Defender of Justice. I'm not good remembering their names.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 09:40   Link #8
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Honorable Mention : The Nun and that Defender of Justice. I'm not good remembering their names.

Defender of Justice = Midori.

Nun = Sister (I haven't heard anyone call her by her real name that I can remember...)
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 09:56   Link #9
wchui
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Akira becoz she's manly XD
and i like ninjas.

y is she in italics?
wchui is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 10:01   Link #10
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wchui
Akira becoz she's manly XD
and i like ninjas.

y is she in italics?

I like female ninjas as well, but I like them more like Kasumi from Dead or Alive.


She's in italics because you voted for her. 馬鹿
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 10:32   Link #11
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Nun = Sister (I haven't heard anyone call her by her real name that I can remember...)
Sister Yukariko Sanada. Before when I posted I couldn't think of her name so I made a point of going and looking it up.
Esper 28 is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 10:47   Link #12
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Anime - Midori.
A comedy is more memorable with a unique character. Who was more memorable for me than a campy sentai otaku . Perfectly suited for the funny moments.

Manga - Midori.
Though only appearing in 3 chapters so far, she remains much the same as the anime version with some different aspects.
Spoiler for Manga Midori:

Overall - No fight... "愕天大王!"

Tidbit:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mention - Mai ( anime version ) and Akane ( manga version ). Mai's character design is simply appealing to me... Akane is sweet in the manga. Her determination simply makes you root for her.
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 11:04   Link #13
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
anime - Nao-chan, because she's evil

manga - Nao-chan, because she's EVIL

EVIL OWNS

And Jullya is surely one WICKED looking Child
dreamless is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 14:39   Link #14
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
I like Mikoto because... Er... She's the most... Primative. Ok I just like swords. I also like the nun
ChainLegacy is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 14:40   Link #15
Dagger
Nitro+ fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hyogo
Akira is my absolute favorite, followed shortly by the dynamic duo of Chie & Aoi (neither of whom are listed). I also love the main three girls--but then, who doesn't?
Dagger is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 15:27   Link #16
KuraLighterzZ
Slashz (N) Killz
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SingMyPore
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to KuraLighterzZ
Nao !!!!

nao ... please drag me into a dark corner and rob me please !!!!!!!!
KuraLighterzZ is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 15:44   Link #17
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Mai - [Anime]
She's truly a person who you could easily see being friends with. Her character design is pretty and yesh, even me = female, she has very big boobs that sometimes is appealing and sometimes isn't. Haha. Plus she's got a badass child - Kagutsuchi, The Fire God and she's responsible. The best thing about this is that she feels like a person you would meet too. She has doubts about fighting and killing those she thought once were good people but if it calls, she will protect those she cares for the most. Overall, a very believable and complex character. They appeal to me

Natsuki - [Manga]
She for no other reasons, amuses me to the end of no return. So I like her. Period.

Honorable Mention
I have a list:
Midori - 'nuff said.
Akane - a tragic character who has enough bonus points to get in the HM.
Mikoto - just because of the manga. 'These boobs are mine' cracks me up.
Bronwen Stx is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 15:45   Link #18
FlyByNite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
You know what? Honestly there's not one of the girls that I don't like. I think each has their merits and the closest one I'd come close to saying is useless is Akane, but she's just too nice and I feel bad for what happened to her in the anime.

That said Natsuki is getting my vote just for her hitchhiking pose
FlyByNite is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 16:42   Link #19
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I voted for Mikoto. I'm not exactly sure why, but she's my favorite in this series. Maybe it's because she looks cute most of the time, but still manages to look cool when swinging that giant sword of hers around. Then again I ike most of the characters, so my choice will probably be different after the next episode.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 17:14   Link #20
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I voted for Mikoto. I'm not exactly sure why, but she's my favorite in this series. Maybe it's because she looks cute most of the time, but still manages to look cool when swinging that giant sword of hers around.

No, I think it's because you are a lolicon
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.