AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-23, 08:06   Link #21
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Aslong as Alkaid is in the game, I don't care how hard it is to unlock her.
What if you have to beat Ovan playing as an onion mash?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:20   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I will do it, no matter how hard. Many <3's for alkaid.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 11:06   Link #23
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Well since it's a fighting game, it's not uncommon to have noob-seo and x-form as two separate characters.
Haseo: I'm-not-a-noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Aslong as Alkaid is in the game, I don't care how hard it is to unlock her.
There are chances since she is one of the popular ones .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:02   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
If they don't put in Alkaid, and put in atoli. You better be ready for the end of the world.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:10   Link #25
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If they don't put in Alkaid, and put in atoli. You better be ready for the end of the world.
If Haseo is in...you can be sure that Alkaid and Atoli will be in as well.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:43   Link #26
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The answer is pretty obvious in my opinion, Kite Sora has a display name of Sora to differentiate her with the original Kite, which mean the original Kite will be a playable character too.
I wouldn't put faith in multiple versions of a character in the first installment of a fighting game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:59   Link #27
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
If Haseo is there, then no doubt Alkaid will be around, heck even Atoli could be there but she is more of a support character so I doubt she will be availbe for as choosable (?) character, no doubt to expect some cat fight if both girls appear.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:23   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Alkaid would destroy Atoli =\ XD the only thing atoli has is the avatar.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:54   Link #29
Pokaru
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
To be honest, although it's a game added along with the movie, its quality really surprised me.
Graphics overall looks good and the combat system also seems interesting. I may look forward to the game much more than the movie.
Pokaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:03   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wouldn't put faith in multiple versions of a character in the first installment of a fighting game.
Actually, that's NORMAL for a fighting game these days. It is simple to put in "secret characters" who are just slightly reskinned existing characters with a different set of moves. Mortal Kombat Ninjas, the Dark-side version of street fighter characters, etc.

I would be counting on it. You would have both Dark Rose and Mimiru for example, but one of them would have to be unlocked.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:50   Link #31
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wouldn't put faith in multiple versions of a character in the first installment of a fighting game.
But technically it's a different character, and probably with different moveset too since they come from different version of The World. Not to mention that Kite is kinda the hero symbol story-wise. As an added bonus, they won't have to make a new character model too.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:55   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
But technically it's a different character, and probably with different moveset too since they come from different version of The World. Not to mention that Kite is kinda the hero symbol story-wise. As an added bonus, they won't have to make a new character model too.
All the characters who had their design recycled in multiple shows would almost certainly all appear. It is a cheap way to bulk up the rooster. And they even had in-universe excuse. Every single Kite Avatar would likely get his or her own move set, with different voice actors.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:03   Link #33
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
All the characters who had their design recycled in multiple shows would almost certainly all appear. It is a cheap way to bulk up the rooster. And they even had in-universe excuse. Every single Kite Avatar would likely get his or her own move set, with different voice actors.
Agree...plus they already do something like this in Hack //link what stop them to do the same here?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 05:45   Link #34
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Agree...plus they already do something like this in Hack //link what stop them to do the same here?
...by saving them for future fighting game installments.

That's what I meant when I doubted more than one Kite would appear. They always save those kinds of things for later games. You don't see multiple Gohans or Trunks or Vegetas in the first DBZ Budokai games. Or Evil Ryu in the early Street Fighters. Or Doctor Mario and Pichu in the first Smash Bros.

If the developers are really going to blow up a fighting game's roster on the first try, then //Versus should have a roster even larger than //Link. Somehow, I really, really doubt that's going to happen.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 06:13   Link #35
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
...by saving them for future fighting game installments.

That's what I meant when I doubted more than one Kite would appear. They always save those kinds of things for later games. You don't see multiple Gohans or Trunks or Vegetas in the first DBZ Budokai games. Or Evil Ryu in the early Street Fighters. Or Doctor Mario and Pichu in the first Smash Bros.

If the developers are really going to blow up a fighting game's roster on the first try, then //Versus should have a roster even larger than //Link. Somehow, I really, really doubt that's going to happen.
How about paid DLCs then?

I just don't see Versus to be able to compete against the likes of Street Fighter in the long run, so there is no benefit in dragging out the game character releases. Just make the best product they can so they can ensure it would be a success. Worry about a sequel later when they can be sure they aren't going to lose money.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 14:44   Link #36
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Three more characters confirmed: Sakuya from .hack//Quantum, Tsukasa, and Ovan.

http://andriasang.com/con0iq/hack_versus_characters/
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 15:43   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Yay aren't we all glad femkite is in.... solong as they don't put in atoli I won't be too pissed alkaid isn't in it.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 01:32   Link #38
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
At least they put Ovan in it. I can't wait to play with him when I have the game w
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:07   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
At least they put Ovan in it. I can't wait to play with him when I have the game w
Not interested in any characters besides the samurai guy from the Twilight bracelet ova and Alkaid.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:15   Link #40
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
But they need to put Alkaid ...I mean...I will find strange to see Haseo and no Alkaid and (like I say,even if I don't really care soo much if they put her on no in the game) Atoli. But i do happy that they put both the FemKite in the game.Hope to see more characters soon.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.