AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-02, 11:35   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Episode 13 discussion thread [SPOILERS]

I think its time we take advantage of the new forum and start making episode discussion threads sepereate. Well I just watched the RAW and there was a lot of development...

Spoiler for Ep 13:
Old 2005-01-02, 12:21   Link #2
GyroidFanatic

Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-02, 12:27   Link #3
Ialdaboth

Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-02, 16:01   Link #4
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-02, 19:00   Link #5
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Spoiler:
This was sure one of the better episodes althrough episode 12 was also great
Old 2005-01-02, 21:28   Link #6
Korb
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Why are we spoiler tagging? The title of this thread seems to make their use a little redundant.
Old 2005-01-02, 21:50   Link #7
Dr. DVS 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I think its time we take advantage of the new forum and start making episode discussion threads sepereate. Well I just watched the RAW and there was a lot of development...

Spoiler:
That's most likely what it was, though it's kinda hard to see wrist wounds under a straight-jacket... unless they opened up of course.

Quote:

Spoiler:
It's Yukari Tamura, dude! You know, little Ichigo Morino from the Onegai series? "Fu, fu, fu"? Well I guess she's really one of Bandai-Visual/Lantis's BITCHES like Shimizu and Nakahara and "Hitoduma" Kikuko. (Ok, well maybe not Inoue she's pretty free agent, but the others' asses are PWN'd.) So you'll be hearing a lot more I'm sure.

Last edited by Dr. DVS 1; 2005-01-02 at 21:56. Reason: gripe about corporate seiyuu
Old 2005-01-02, 22:56   Link #8
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:

Spoiler for Ep 13:

Considering how Natsuki's supposed to be relatively strong mentally, Akane must be undergoing some terrible issues in the holding cell.

Could it be that her body is being consumed, and that she is becoming an orphan?!
(Considering her boyfriend just turned to ash, I wouldn't be surprised if Akane turned into a monster / became deformed.)

On the other hand, this series doesn't seem to be gruesome, so maybe Akane's going through something else.

I was hoping for Tate vs. Reito somewhere in the series... guess that'll have to wait for now.

BTW, there wasn't an airing this week right? So the coming Friday's ep.14?
Old 2005-01-02, 23:09   Link #9
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
Quote:
her battle with Miyu
That's a fun exaggeration.
Old 2005-01-03, 11:13   Link #10
Ansa

Don't think we need to mark spoilers for ep 13, well yeah it was a really kickass ep, I WANT THE SUB SO BADDLY!!! This is the only bad part about the holidays, fansubers have lives like everyone else so for the most part our subs are delayed ;_; that and New year screwed over HiME/GSD
Old 2005-01-03, 11:20   Link #11
Ialdaboth

And what I want is not the fansub of episode 13 but episode 14 raw already. This episode was one of the most intense of the show with episode 8, now I am dying to know where it will take us.
Not toward "End of Evahime", I hope. I like my comedy, I would like the producers to keep it in the show.

Thx for the correction Bronwen Stx.
Old 2005-01-03, 12:15   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Not toward "End of Evahime", I hope. I like my comedy, I would like the producers to keep it in the show.
Well, thankfully it's Sunrise, not GAINAX. So the probability of seeing a good ending is very high ^_^

I do think however that the second half of the series will be MUCH darker than the first half. They won't completely remove the comedy, but there will be more action and drama now. Based on the setup, we should have some teary scenes coming up.
Old 2005-01-04, 18:12   Link #13
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

That good to hear, but the mix of comedy and action where great, but a darker story shouldn' t be bad :P
Old 2005-01-05, 04:20   Link #14
Kensuke

All right, episode 13 is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I do think however that the second half of the series will be MUCH darker than the first half. They won't completely remove the comedy, but there will be more action and drama now. Based on the setup, we should have some teary scenes coming up.
That will most likely happen, I already was almost in tears when
Spoiler:

(just putting spoiler tags for sure, I don't know are they needed)

I support Mai/Tate.

Last edited by Kensuke; 2005-01-05 at 06:49.
Old 2005-01-05, 07:38   Link #15
Forever
Revealing the truth

i too support mai/tate...

Episode 13 has got to be the best to date..... Honestly i never expect the big BOOM at the end....
Old 2005-01-05, 07:47   Link #16
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I don't support mai/tate, but I know that is inevitable.

I only wish it doesn't become the one single main plot of the series. That is all.
Old 2005-01-05, 07:59   Link #17
Mentar
Banned

Mai/Tate have my blessings, because it's fun watching their cats-n-dogs relationship. I like it

(I do however think that Tate needs a kick in his rear end. The way he's been treating Shiho over the last episodes wasn't remotely acceptable)

And "the single main plot"? You gotta be kidding ... there's so much going on at the same time. No, unless I'm off with my dark predictions, I suspect that the theme of the second half will be something between "survivor" and "last girl standing".
Old 2005-01-05, 10:11   Link #18
Arrou

Send a message via MSN to Arrou
Really nice episode and the animation was good as usual. Probably the best episode so far.

And Mentar I think your dark predictions are correct
Old 2005-01-05, 10:22   Link #19
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
Quote:
And "the single main plot"? You gotta be kidding ... there's so much going on at the same time. No, unless I'm off with my dark predictions, I suspect that the theme of the second half will be something between "survivor" and "last girl standing".
Translation: It will turn into another X Movie or Wolf's Rain.

Which can be a good or bad thing, depending if you cherish or absolutely despise the ending of X Movie or Wolf's Rain.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-05, 10:28   Link #20
SeedBoy

Just watched ep. 13 in subs. Fairly more detailed on MaiXTate relationships as expected from reading this thread.

It seems more like Tate is Mai's life on the line person cause the way he reacted isn't like a common jealousy one, more like a so call heart attack about to outburst, and from the way both react after Rei-san accusing them together, there's no doubt that they like each other. Anyone also see the way it looks when Mai n Reito was about to kiss, it seems more like Mai got drawn to him than she wants to. Like a spell cast on someone to control them

Although I didn't see how can Tate's point be dropped in this episode, when he was hurting Shiho, its more like he couldn't control himself, as what I think affects a person's love one when other's still confuse about themselve. Like i.e., if the show's about the love one gets affected by the HiME's power, it can also be affected by her feelings, as someone mention before that it's destiny that they already pair them up as it is, if she still confuse on who she likes and go for the wrong one, the right one would likely get affected, so thats how I see in this episode revolving Tate.

edit: Mistaked for another show, damn, I need glasses.

Last edited by SeedBoy; 2005-01-05 at 12:52.
Closed Thread