AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-23, 16:38   Link #2341
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Adachi is what I call a sociopath who is in the same vein as the Joker from Batman. He hates the world and wants to have fun, but Adachi really hates Yuu Narukami the most. Magatsu Izanagi looks awesome though for a Persona. I wonder why he didn't have a shadow but a Persona like the Investigation Team.
Indeed...WHY indeed....

(I wouldn't compare him to Joker though considering our culprit here is just a bitter whiny baby who's just taking his bitterness on the world because he has a too high opinion of himself.)
__________________
Anime in progress and enjoying: Persona 4 the golden
Animes on Hold:None
Animes completed:I wanna be the strongest in the world,Super Sonico The Animation, Hajime no Ippo:Rising, Wake up girls,Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:06   Link #2342
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Indeed...WHY indeed....

(I wouldn't compare him to Joker though considering our culprit here is just a bitter whiny baby who's just taking his bitterness on the world because he has a too high opinion of himself.)
Nah he already know that he sucks.

Spoiler for Adachi:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:30   Link #2343
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Was interesting to see The Reaper popping up and attacking the party throughout this episode. I guess that's one way to work in an optional boss fight.
Which means it's New Game+ which explains some other choices earlier on.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:33   Link #2344
Yuna Amakura
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 23
Personally, Adachi is just what I call "lameass villain". Never really liked him (because he always came as lame for me, either him as detective or him as murderer) and his fight was boring.

To think that he's the last boss...frustrating (unless they make a 26th episode).
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 17:48   Link #2345
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Personally, Adachi is just what I call "lameass villain". Never really liked him (because he always came as lame for me, either him as detective or him as murderer) and his fight was boring.

To think that he's the last boss...frustrating (unless they make a 26th episode).
Adachi always seem to get the short end of the stick whether it is Doujima, Kanji, or anyone else for that matter. His eyes are yellow just like those shadow counterparts, but he has a freakin Persona. That means something is amiss here for him. For one thing, shadows do not attack him and the Reapers (strongest shadows) protect lame Adachi. He thinks he is a king in the other side, but I bet there is someone else besides him, the shadows, and the Investigation Team.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 18:38   Link #2346
warita
Dai-Youkai
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
I wonder why he didn't have a shadow but a Persona like the Investigation Team.
Could it be that Adachi is so evil, that he is a shadow? And thats why the other shadows dont attack him, he is one of them. Kuma also has a persona, so obviously, shadows can have personas.

I am really glad Adachi finally started talking normal and not in that retard way. His lameness was getting to me too.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 18:38   Link #2347
DingoEnderZOE2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohayo
Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
So that shadow is officially called "the reaper"? I always thought his name was Death due to how often I heard "Be careful I sense Death." in Persona 3.
__________________
Anime in progress and enjoying: Persona 4 the golden
Animes on Hold:None
Animes completed:I wanna be the strongest in the world,Super Sonico The Animation, Hajime no Ippo:Rising, Wake up girls,Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 19:08   Link #2348
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
So that shadow is officially called "the reaper"? I always thought his name was Death due to how often I heard "Be careful I sense Death." in Persona 3.
Thought at first it was the Nemesis from RE3, but it looked like a gun-slinging zombie dual-wielding long-barrel revolvers. The Reaper is a PITA to defeat anyway (resisting every form of attack even Almighty). We should just call him "Lamedachi" anyway and being a wuss.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:06   Link #2349
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
What that idiot was the true culprit! Adachi is just a loser, doing it just because he can. So Kuma was originally a shadow. As expected nobody cared and he also has an ego so it doesn't matter.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:59   Link #2350
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Lol, it seems I must be one of the few Adachi lovers here. But then again, I have a liking for crafty sociopathic villains who get a kick out trolling the protagonist and his/her companions.

Quote:
Could it be that Adachi is so evil, that he is a shadow?
Interesting theory you've come up with but I'm going to have to shoot it down. Adachi is certainly quite human.
__________________
SilverSyko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 23:08   Link #2351
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed in Adachi, I wasn't expecting him to have a super grand reason for his villainy but seeing that it was just his, I don't know, rebellion against society since he thought it was all so lame (instead of, you know, trying to change society first) and then blaming all the deaths on the world for somehow creating the tv world, yeah I just want this bastard dead already.

Also, apparently in the English version of the game Adachi and the Protagonist have the same VA (for the few words the Protagonist says in the fights and such) and I wonder if that will stay the same in the (expected) dub....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 23:36   Link #2352
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Oh hey I guessed that adachi was the culprit...
But wow red izanagi...
Hmm
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:21   Link #2353
Squire James
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
The game explains how Adachi and Nametame got the power to enter the TV, though it was stuff you only learned in events leading to the "True Ending". Whether it is revealed in the anime or not remains to be seen.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:21   Link #2354
piccahoe
Pain & Determination
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: somewhere in north cali
something is wrong because this was kind of obvious. It still doesn't explain why Nana's mother face was not shown really. They should of went with a better twist.
I hope Naoto's anime has a better mystery and twist then this. I have nothing against Adachi and his reasons but, it was just too predictable that's all.
__________________
"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. "

-Albert Einstein.
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 01:32   Link #2355
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed in Adachi, I wasn't expecting him to have a super grand reason for his villainy but seeing that it was just his, I don't know, rebellion against society since he thought it was all so lame (instead of, you know, trying to change society first) and then blaming all the deaths on the world for somehow creating the tv world, yeah I just want this bastard dead already.
in his case it's more of "I do it because I can, and for the lulz"
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:57   Link #2356
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Adachi is just a sick and twisted person.

As for why the shadows don't attack him has little to do with him being evil. Shadows are the things that humans deny about themselves, whereas Adachi isn't denying anything. Also you could say he's more "in synch" with that world in general.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:35   Link #2357
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I have to admit I'm kinda disappointed in Adachi, I wasn't expecting him to have a super grand reason for his villainy but seeing that it was just his, I don't know, rebellion against society since he thought it was all so lame (instead of, you know, trying to change society first) and then blaming all the deaths on the world for somehow creating the tv world, yeah I just want this bastard dead already.

Also, apparently in the English version of the game Adachi and the Protagonist have the same VA (for the few words the Protagonist says in the fights and such) and I wonder if that will stay the same in the (expected) dub....
Spoiler for Spoiler?:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:37   Link #2358
black_star
How should i say it?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Declassified
Just made my review.
Please check it out.

And Adachi is just too evil to be true.
__________________
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:41   Link #2359
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Lol, it seems I must be one of the few Adachi lovers here. But then again, I have a liking for crafty sociopathic villains who get a kick out trolling the protagonist and his/her companions.
Don't worry, I like Adachi too I'm even sad that almost everyone now hates him even though he exhibits pure evil without any ulterior or deep motives like mainstream villains.

I kinda agree and disagree about his statement that it's everyone in town that actually killed Konishi and the other girl. While it seems that in fact, the shadow world is the manifestation of everyone other selves; it's still a fact that he did kill someone eventhough he already knew what would happen to someone who went into the TV-world.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:51   Link #2360
BloodyKitty
Bloody Cherry Blossoms
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Episode was boring as hell. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
So I'm not the only one who feels this way . Outside the revelation of the true culprit, I just find the episode being 'just there', without any real excitement at all until the end. And the thing with Yosuke at the beginning seemed really out of place.
__________________
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.