AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-23, 15:06   Link #161
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
It's probably nowhere near complete yet; the game's barely been out a week.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:48   Link #162
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
This is the final image from the Tea Party end. This end is the happy ending to Homura's route, and the True End of the game as a whole. All the girls are alive, and Madoka didn't contract.




Gotta love the line "This is my prayer, my wish...". As some anon in 4chan said, it's much nicer than "Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you, etc." from the anime.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:09   Link #163
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This is the final image from the Tea Party end. This end is the happy ending to Homura's route, and the True End of the game as a whole. All the girls are alive, and Madoka didn't contract.




Gotta love the line "This is my prayer, my wish...". As some anon in 4chan said, it's much nicer than "Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you, etc." from the anime.
here the higher res pic of it taken directly from my computer


other ending pic

Anime End Game version
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kyoko End
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Bad End
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:30   Link #164
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
from the true end (tea party end from Homura's route):
Spoiler for homu route:
And that will be Homura's downfall. Madoka will realize that her heart belongs to the oppai thus she will turn to Mami's Mammies.

A 3P end is also fine too anyway.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:09   Link #165
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Pfft, true end.

Wait until four out of five girls inevitably fall into despair or have their Soul Gems broken, and Kyubey is around...
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 04:21   Link #166
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
And that will be Homura's downfall. Madoka will realize that her heart belongs to the oppai thus she will turn to Mami's Mammies.
But this is a Homu harem ending so Mami's Mammies already belong to Homura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Wait until four out of five girls inevitably fall into despair or have their Soul Gems broken.
As long as Homura keeps her harem happy, everything will be fine. lol
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 07:06   Link #167
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Concerned? Like, how concerned?
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:56   Link #168
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post


Gotta love the line "This is my prayer, my wish...". As some anon in 4chan said, it's much nicer than "Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you, etc." from the anime.
Different scenarios....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:06   Link #169
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
As long as Homura keeps her harem happy, everything will be fine. lol
The thing is this ending is kind of a failure to think things through. It's not like Walpurgisnacht is the ending point, it's just the part where Homura got stuck. Kyubey's not gonna be all "Welp, shit, can't contract Madoka no more." He's gonna hound her, her whole damn life probably. And EVENTUALLY, Homura will slip up.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 14:24   Link #170
Snork
Twilight lander
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk, Belarus
Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Kyubey's not gonna be all "Welp, shit, can't contract Madoka no more." He's gonna hound her, her whole damn life probably.
THAT. Even in the days of airing, I was wondering what would Homura do if she did vanquish WN. To think she even promised to Kyouko that she'd leave the town. And in Madoka's life taken as the scale, who can guarantee the absence of more poor run-over cats and such? Not to mention something that might befall her family? Let Tatsuya catch a more or less serious illness once (God forbid, of course) - and the fluffy Mephistopheles will be there for his jack pot.

A common question for the game - does every route has different branches and endings? I'm not anywhere deep into Madoka's one yet, but I've already encountered a scene choice (Madoka/Mami/Sayaka)on the map, and after watching Sayaka's scene, the other two were gone.
Also, I like the folk tints in the OST, but will there be at least one track from the series?
__________________
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 16:21   Link #171
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The thing is this ending is kind of a failure to think things through. It's not like Walpurgisnacht is the ending point, it's just the part where Homura got stuck. Kyubey's not gonna be all "Welp, shit, can't contract Madoka no more." He's gonna hound her, her whole damn life probably. And EVENTUALLY, Homura will slip up.
Even in the anime, is made clear Madoka ultimately contracts because there's no other choice. The Madoka at the end is no the same kid from the start of the series, who fantasised about being a hero and was willing to contract for cake or to save cats. At the end, she understands the weight of the role she plays and the responsibility inherent to it.

Long story short, Madoka at the end wouldn't have contracted if Homura would have won against Walpursgis. It just so happened that Homura couldn't do it alone.

No matter what QB does, Madoka won't contract as long as she doesn't really need to (and I'm talking Walpurgis sort of need). That's why, after Walpurgis, there's not reason for her to contract.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:35   Link #172
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Even in the anime, is made clear Madoka ultimately contracts because there's no other choice. The Madoka at the end is no the same kid from the start of the series, who fantasised about being a hero and was willing to contract for cake or to save cats. At the end, she understands the weight of the role she plays and the responsibility inherent to it.

Long story short, Madoka at the end wouldn't have contracted if Homura would have won against Walpursgis. It just so happened that Homura couldn't do it alone.

No matter what QB does, Madoka won't contract as long as she doesn't really need to (and I'm talking Walpurgis sort of need). That's why, after Walpurgis, there's not reason for her to contract.
Agreed.

While I think that Kyubey would use every avenue available to him to try to contract with Madoka, I think that once those are exhausted, he would move on.

If Madoka sees Mami die and/or sees Sayaka descent while being a Puella Magi, I think that it makes sense that the Puella Magi role will become unattractive to Madoka, and something she'd only be willing to take on for a Walpurgis-level (or greater) need, as you say.


To me, the anime was pretty clear that if Homura can...

1) Make Madoka view the Puella Magi role as something with a definite and potentially lethal downside to it, and...

2) Clear the WN hurdle,

That Madoka would likely not become a Puella Magi afterwards. Homura accomplished the first part of that, she just failed to accomplish the 2nd part of that.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:33   Link #173
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Even in the anime, is made clear Madoka ultimately contracts because there's no other choice. The Madoka at the end is no the same kid from the start of the series, who fantasised about being a hero and was willing to contract for cake or to save cats. At the end, she understands the weight of the role she plays and the responsibility inherent to it.

Long story short, Madoka at the end wouldn't have contracted if Homura would have won against Walpursgis. It just so happened that Homura couldn't do it alone.

No matter what QB does, Madoka won't contract as long as she doesn't really need to (and I'm talking Walpurgis sort of need). That's why, after Walpurgis, there's not reason for her to contract.
Alright. But you know, life has hardships, so situations involving the temptation will exist.

Tatsuya is hit by a car. He becomes a vegetable and will never wake up.

Hitomi gets cancer.

The 2011 Japanese Earthquake (lol)

Madoka has a car accident after getting her driver's license and her friend Someone-chan is permanently crippled because of her.

Some psycho attempts to rape Madoka while she's walking home from high school. Kyubey appears.

I can go on and on. To say that there will never be a situation where Madoka isn't tempted by the prospect is simply naive.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:55   Link #174
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
^ If you put it like that, it seems to me that the anime ending is the only viable option.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:02   Link #175
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Alright. But you know, life has hardships, so situations involving the temptation will exist.

Tatsuya is hit by a car. He becomes a vegetable and will never wake up.

Hitomi gets cancer.

The 2011 Japanese Earthquake (lol)

Madoka has a car accident after getting her driver's license and her friend Someone-chan is permanently crippled because of her.

Some psycho attempts to rape Madoka while she's walking home from high school. Kyubey appears.

I can go on and on. To say that there will never be a situation where Madoka isn't tempted by the prospect is simply naive.

I don't think it's completely naive.

Some teenagers reach adulthood without experiencing personal tragedy on the level that you're referring to in most of your examples. It's not inconceivable that Madoka could also reach adulthood without personal tragedy striking her (beyond what it already has, in any event). And even if she does get struck by another instance or two of personal tragedy, it's not inconceivable that she'd resist the temptation to become a Puella Magi if Kyubey happens to show up again (the idea of him constantly hounding her for years with her repeatedly saying "no" honestly seems a bit silly to me - Madoka has high magical girl potential, but eventually Kyubey is being really wasteful in trying in vain to complete a very hard sell when he could be spending that time contracting with countless other much more willing girls).

And Kybuey specifically (and seemingly exclusively) targets teenage girls. If and when Madoka reaches adulthood, she's no longer a teenage girl.


I strongly disagree with the idea that the anime ending is the only viable outcome. Why would somebody even play this game unless they were willing to accept different outcomes? Isn't that the whole point of a game like this?
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:47   Link #176
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I can go on and on. To say that there will never be a situation where Madoka isn't tempted by the prospect is simply naive.
Triple_R already said most of what I was thinking. Ultimately, both anime and manga makes a point that Walpurgis is THE turning point. After Walpurgis, the rest is, life, so to speak, and at that point Madoka would be prepared to face life without using magic, like most people would do.

It's obvious Urobuchi thought things that way from the very beginning. The fact that in the anime Homura tells Kyoko that she was planing to leave town if she defeated Walpurgis makes that very clear!!!!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 00:37   Link #177
Masuzu
勝利のため
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I strongly disagree with the idea that the anime ending is the only viable outcome. Why would somebody even play this game unless they were willing to accept different outcomes? Isn't that the whole point of a game like this?
I wasn't talking about the game, because obviously I can't read any of it.

The reason I think it's the only viable option, atleast among the ones we've been shown, is because the anime ending means that whatever Kyubey does doesn't matter anymore. Now without the anime ending, witches still exist--what stops Kyubey from creating another chain of events even worse than what happens with the cast? This is a non-issue with the anime ending, ofcourse--as there are no witches whatsoever to worry about.
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 01:34   Link #178
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
(the idea of him constantly hounding her for years with her repeatedly saying "no" honestly seems a bit silly to me - Madoka has high magical girl potential, but eventually Kyubey is being really wasteful in trying in vain to complete a very hard sell when he could be spending that time contracting with countless other much more willing girls).
Uh, Kyubey is effectively omnipresent, since he possesses multiple bodies all ovet the planet. He has no reason not to constantly harasss Madoka.

That being said, while I did give EXTREME examples, the point I'm making remains valid. Just because Walpurgisnacht is defeated doesn't really mean jack. Bad shit can still happen, and it doesn't even need to happen to HER; Madoka is a self-sacrificing person by nature. What if World War III is going to break out, for instance, and she has the knowledge that she can prevent it with a simple wish?

Quote:
And Kybuey specifically (and seemingly exclusively) targets teenage girls. If and when Madoka reaches adulthood, she's no longer a teenage girl.
That's really not conclusive. Just because he only targets teenage girls on screen doesn't mean that's all he ever targets in the fictional universe of Puella Magi. He only really does so in order to help construct and subvert the "Magical Girl" premise; the justifications come after that fact and it's sort of a plot hole. I like to think that any person of any age or gender can be contracted as long as they meet certain qualifications.

Quote:
I strongly disagree with the idea that the anime ending is the only viable outcome. Why would somebody even play this game unless they were willing to accept different outcomes? Isn't that the whole point of a game like this?
I wasn't really saying it was the only viable outcome, I'm just disagreeing with the assumption that the Tea Party Ending means everything is gonna be totally dandy for the rest of their lives. That being said, one could argue that it's the only morally viable conclusion we're presented with, since Madoka is forsaking countless despairing, tortured souls for her own transient, mortal, ultimately short and fragile happiness as a human being.

Also, What-Ifs are fun, even if they're canonically impossible.

Quote:
Triple_R already said most of what I was thinking. Ultimately, both anime and manga makes a point that Walpurgis is THE turning point. After Walpurgis, the rest is, life, so to speak, and at that point Madoka would be prepared to face life without using magic, like most people would do.

It's obvious Urobuchi thought things that way from the very beginning. The fact that in the anime Homura tells Kyoko that she was planing to leave town if she defeated Walpurgis makes that very clear!!!!
Walpurgisnacht is only significant because she's the obstacle Homura can't overturn no matter how much she tries. The anime and manga never give serious consideration to what will happen if she's dealt with without Madoka contracting, and what would happen afterwards. The focus was on the struggle to actually GET there first.

Quote:
It's obvious Urobuchi thought things that way from the very beginning. The fact that in the anime Homura tells Kyoko that she was planing to leave town if she defeated Walpurgis makes that very clear!!!!
Bull. For starters, Homura is saying this in order to get Kyoko's cooperation. She wants this territory, and Homura is promising it to her in order to recruit her as an ally. Even if we assume she's being honest, this doesn't mean anything. Homura isn't omniscient, and doesn't know what will actually happen after Walpurgis is defeated. She's just built so much importance, hope, and desperation on this one obstacle that she's really, really hoping, to the point of confirmation bias, that everything will be fine if she can pull this off.

Given episode 11's conclusion, i'm not sure she's psychologically able to cope with pondering the prospect that defeating Walpurgis after all this time won't change anything and that she'll have to guard Madoka her entire life and deny her any sort of free agency, or else have to start ALL OVER AGAIN...

Also, what happens if Walpurgis is defeated, and then a week later, a construction beam falls on Madoka's face? OOPS RESET LOL hope you can defeat Walpurgis again. You only did it once after 598 attempts but maybe you can do it twice in a row, right?
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:40   Link #179
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Bull.
Urobuchi supervised this. He specifically said the only route that didn't fit in the context of the anime was the bonus route. That means that the "tea party" ending from Homura's route is a canon possibility in the context of the anime. It also fits with what Homura told Kyoko back then.

If you don't like it, that's find. But this is how Urobuchi thought things through. Whether it makes perfect sense is another thing though. Is that what you're complaining about? Because if that's the case, not even the anime itself makes perfect sense, so that point is kinda moot IMO.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-03-25 at 08:06.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 05:05   Link #180
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Urobuchi supervised this. He specifically said the only route that didn't fit in the context of the anime was the bonus route. That's mean that the "tea party" ending from Homura's route is a canon possibility in the context of the anime. It also fits with what Homura told Kyoko back then.
That's not what I'm complaining about. The ending as presented is perfectly FINE, I'm just saying that there's no guarantee that things are going to be fine like this for any extended period of time. Sure they have their awesome tea party and maybe life is awesome for like....let's say two or three years.

Then something bad happens, and Madoka learns of it, and Kyubey is around.

Seriously, there is nothing in that ending that actually indicates that things are gonna be fine forever, or that Homura isn't just deluding herself into thinking she overcame her final obstacle. Shit happens, and that's how shit rolls, and if anything happens to Madoka, if she just DIES for non-Puella Magi reasons, Homura should be reset.

...Hell, for all we know, even if Madoka dies of old age, Homura will reset, presuming she's alive.

But honestly, none of that really matters. The point is I don't buy for a second that this ending is as innocuous as it appears.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.