AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-24, 16:31   Link #2601
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
My respond to the Mass Effect 3 ending

That was just...
Did you say fix it?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...amer-concerns/

Yet, it's still questionable if Bioware even said they were going to fix it.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:12   Link #2602
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Did you say fix it?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...amer-concerns/

Yet, it's still questionable if Bioware even said they were going to fix it.
Male shep is doesn't exsist anymore. XD every news page i see about mass effect 3 has fem shep.

I would play femshep, if default shep look like she did in the CGI trailer -_- but sadly /shiver NOPE!
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:29   Link #2603
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Male shep is doesn't exsist anymore. XD every news page i see about mass effect 3 has fem shep.

I would play femshep, if default shep look like she did in the CGI trailer -_- but sadly /shiver NOPE!
I would play female shep, except Tali isn't interested in her.
Seriously, Tali is interested in someone who is not just of a different species, but of opposing Amino acds. Why would gender matter at that point?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:32   Link #2604
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Same reason why garrus isn't. Why is it bad for a character to be straight no matter what? there are two gay only characters. So straight only characters shouldn't be left out.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:41   Link #2605
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Same reason why garrus isn't. Why is it bad for a character to be straight no matter what? there are two gay only characters. So straight only characters shouldn't be left out.
I am not questioning that... I am questioning the logic of gender preference when by all accounts, what is considered "attractive male quarian" likely has little to do with a human male. I understand why they did this, it's just a slightly illogical point.

It's like how can you tell the difference between a male and female Krogan without hearing them speak? And we don't even know what Turian females look like.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:47   Link #2606
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I am not questioning that... I am questioning the logic of gender preference when by all accounts, what is considered "attractive male quarian" likely has little to do with a human male. I understand why they did this, it's just a slightly illogical point.

It's like how can you tell the difference between a male and female Krogan without hearing them speak? And we don't even know what Turian females look like.
He's just butthurt like all those DA2 fans that raged because Anders hit on them.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:59   Link #2607
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
He's just butthurt like all those DA2 fans that raged because Anders hit on them.
Some of us just plain like Tali, and would like to be able to romance her regardless of the gender of our Commander Shepard. Some of us prefer playing femSheps, and being unable to have a romance with the teammate we like the most is saddening.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2012-03-24 at 19:12.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:18   Link #2608
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Some of us just plain like Tali, and would like to be able to romance her regardless of the gneder of our Commander Shepard. Some of us prefer playing femSheps, and being unable to have a romance with the teammate we like the most is saddening.
Oh I agree with this, and Vallen's reasoning makes sense.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:32   Link #2609
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
It didn't annoy me as much as his new personality

Turning tali and garrus bi in the last game would be silly. Kinda still wonna know why kaiden is bbi now and ash isn't. @_@ I guess they figured ash is dead in everyones play through
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 19:56   Link #2610
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I guess they figured ash is dead in everyones play through
Actually, according to Bioware's data, most people killed Kaidan. Now, it's anyone's choice to believe them, anyway...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:03   Link #2611
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Actually, according to Bioware's data, most people killed Kaidan. Now, it's anyone's choice to believe them, anyway...
Those who don't play ME1 end up sacrificing the squad member of the same sex on Virmire, and the game assumes you romanced the living one in ME1. So if the majority of ME3 players play a male Shepard (which is the most common choice) and never played ME1, they'll end up with Ashley alive.

Femsheps will end up with Kaidan alive if they didn't play ME1.

Storywise if you've played the Virmire mission it makes more sense to leave Kaidan behind because going back to get him would mean doubling back when there's a big fucking bomb about to go off.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:06   Link #2612
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Exactly. I played ME1 multiple times, both as male and female Shepard, and I always sacrificed poor Kaidan, even when I did romance him. Sucks, I know... It was quite a shock seeing him alive in ME3, when I had to roll a vanilla femShep - since the game didn't recognize her save.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:11   Link #2613
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Exactly. I played ME1 multiple times, both as male and female Shepard, and I always sacrificed poor Kaidan, even when I did romance him. Sucks, I know... It was quite a shock seeing him alive in ME3, when I had to roll a vanilla femShep - since the game didn't recognize her save.
The game recognizes the save, it just doesn't transfer the face over. And that bug's been patched out apparently.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:17   Link #2614
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Not on my PS3, it didn't. Still doesn't, actually. BroShep was fine, actually - the multiple saves with all the love interests, even.
It goes to show how much they care about that portion of the fanbase... Sony may have gotten hold of the franchise, based on their relationship with EA, but they didn't get much in terms of post-care, that's for sure.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:07   Link #2615
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Storywise if you've played the Virmire mission it makes more sense to leave Kaidan behind because going back to get him would mean doubling back when there's a big fucking bomb about to go off.
Really?

Maybe I forgot how the whole thing played out, but in my mind, I saved Kaidan instead of Ashley because ensuring the fucking bomb detonation was the priority at the time, and saving Kaidan was just the bonus that came with it because he was the bomb man.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:45   Link #2616
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Storywise if you've played the Virmire mission it makes more sense to leave Kaidan behind because going back to get him would mean doubling back when there's a big fucking bomb about to go off.
Untrue. You can choose ahead of time which party member goes with the Salarians and which one will stay behind to activate the bomb. I always sent Kaidan with the Salarians, thus he was the one I saved when I didn't want to double back. A few times I did double back and saved Ashley instead.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:53   Link #2617
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Untrue. You can choose ahead of time which party member goes with the Salarians and which one will stay behind to activate the bomb. I always sent Kaidan with the Salarians, thus he was the one I saved when I didn't want to double back. A few times I did double back and saved Ashley instead.
Oh whoops I forgot you had a choice there, too.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:54   Link #2618
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Untrue. You can choose ahead of time which party member goes with the Salarians and which one will stay behind to activate the bomb. I always sent Kaidan with the Salarians, thus he was the one I saved when I didn't want to double back. A few times I did double back and saved Ashley instead.
Its pretty clear that it doesn't matter who's doing what, its going back to the bomb that's bad.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:57   Link #2619
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Its pretty clear that it doesn't matter who's doing what, its going back to the bomb that's bad.
Also doesn't really matter. Either way, whoever you go to will live, whoever you don't go to will die. The same basic events play out no matter whether you go back to save the bomb person or go forward to save whoever you sent with the Salarians.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:43   Link #2620
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Its pretty clear that it doesn't matter who's doing what, its going back to the bomb that's bad.
And you are punished for going back to the bomb. Because if you go back, the Salarians die, and as such you lose some war assets in ME3.

Ashley is meant to guard the bomb IMO, as she got an extra cinematic in her last stand.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
effect, games, mass

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.