AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-24, 17:24   Link #1801
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But 10 seconds? I just knew it wouldn't take a real 10 seconds, I was looking at the time elapsed and there was still plenty more to go But oh, right, 10 seconds is really funny if you think about it:
Images
mangatron analyzes how long the fight took
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ah speaking of which, I just thought it was funny:
Images
you might or might not lol
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Silly mangatron, he was obviously meaning "10 seconds" in Namek time, where 1 second equals 1 minute. According to my calculations, it took him only about 7 seconds in total to defeat Raizer. How impressive!

Second pic: CAN'T UNSEE
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:31   Link #1802
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
long story short, because of the other two aspects of the show: ecchi + harem. which, together, make for a good counterbalance to the shounen aspect, therefore making it more bearable. but even then, I've gotta say I've seen better harems, the same way I've seen better ecchi-anime.

I have no time nor the will to go into full details of why I prefer 'x' anime over 'y' anime; extra-long posts aren't really my thing.
What you consider as "better" harem/ecchi anime is just your opinion and taste. Since you put it that way and still refuse to give anything specific why you don't like the HS DxD anime (aside from it being shounen) I take your reasoning as shallow and moot. You don't need to write up an essay about it and just easily say something like I don't like the story because its cliche or I hate the MC's pervert personality. Make no mistake, I respect your opinion. I just don't find that your reason justifies the anime being a "waste of time".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I'll let time be the judge. Until I get wind/confirmation of a 2nd season announcement, I'll keep listening to my "gut feeling".
That's your choice. But listening purely to your gut feeling without anything to back it up aside from your own personal opinion is foolhardy.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:06   Link #1803
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Make no mistake, I respect your opinion. I just don't find that your reason justifies the anime being a "waste of time".
wrong, I've only said the *last* episode (and a couple of others) felt like a waste of time, not the series as a whole.

Quote:
That's your choice. But listening purely to your gut feeling without anything to back it up aside from your own personal opinion is foolhardy.
2nd season announcement, where?

Btw, my gut feeling is actually based on a small number of clues: the way the anime ended, the low productions values and low budget from which DxD seemed to suffer, the fact that it's going to get a bonus-ep/OVA in the same vein as Papakiki, etc. All of these little clues make me think we'll hardly see more of DxD in the future. Of course, I could be wrong.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:26   Link #1804
DressbreakxD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany
whe can just hope that whe see more from hsdxd
DressbreakxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 19:08   Link #1805
Znail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
wrong, I've only said the *last* episode (and a couple of others) felt like a waste of time, not the series as a whole.



2nd season announcement, where?

Btw, my gut feeling is actually based on a small number of clues: the way the anime ended, the low productions values and low budget from which DxD seemed to suffer, the fact that it's going to get a bonus-ep/OVA in the same vein as Papakiki, etc. All of these little clues make me think we'll hardly see more of DxD in the future. Of course, I could be wrong.
It is pretty stupid to call a series bad because you dislike the genre it is. There are quite a lot of genre's I dislike but that means I wont watch them rather then watch them and then call them bad.

What is wrong with how this season ended? How many animes can you list with better season endings even? And no I am not asking you for animes you liked more, but for ones where the season ended in a better way.

I can list quite a lot of animes that have included bonus OVA and still gotten another season. I would consider it totally unrelated to if we get a second season or not.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 19:43   Link #1806
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
From the beginning I didn't really view it as purely an ecchi/harem anime. It's more that the ecchiness complements the series' other aspects and the different aspects blend together pretty well.

I mean, if you just want boobs, there's plenty of that out there.

This thing is more like, it has an interesting story, occasional nice action, AND boobs.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 19:43   Link #1807
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
wrong, I've only said the *last* episode (and a couple of others) felt like a waste of time, not the series as a whole.
You are dodging the question. It doesn't matter if you said the last episode or some parts you considered as a "waste of time" you still expressed overall dissatisfaction for the entire series. Fine, I'll call your bluff. Please state which parts of the last episode and other parts in the anime you claim as such and why. You don't even need to convince me or anyone of your opinion. If you can't even do something as simple as that then you're just criticizing the anime for no real reason other than its not your cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Btw, my gut feeling is actually based on a small number of clues: the way the anime ended, the low productions values and low budget from which DxD seemed to suffer, the fact that it's going to get a bonus-ep/OVA in the same vein as Papakiki, etc. All of these little clues make me think we'll hardly see more of DxD in the future. Of course, I could be wrong.
FYI the last episode also gave clues that a 2nd season might be produced. How Ddraig warned Isse about the "White one" and he must prepare to face him in the future. Also certain character cameos in the background who would not be introduced til later in the story. Even how the anime ended left the door wide open for a possible continuity. And just because another anime has a similar format with their release it doesn't mean HS DxD will follow suit. You can go with your gut feeling as you wish. I'd rather follow on a much more reliable source of info called statistics especially when feelings can be widely inaccurate.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-03-24 at 21:33.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:26   Link #1808
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Ok, before this place gets even more spoiler-heavy, just a random question that came to me now...

Why does Issei use his bicycle when he's on his shift in acquiring new contracts? We all know that he can't use the teleportation circle properly, but since he's a devil now why can't he just use his wings and fly?

I guess this is what makes some of the battles sort of strange. Maybe Kiba's speed doesn't include flight, but just imagine Koneko using flight more.

Hmmm. Anyway, perhaps I'm just thinking about this too much.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:36   Link #1809
Anime-fan10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S.
This had a really good ending; I'm satisfied. However, I'm sad it has to end. I've enjoyed this anime very much and hopefully there will be a second season down the road. They do have plenty of material to use for the second season, such as the legendary dragons, the development of Rias and Issei's relationship even more, etc.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 21:40   Link #1810
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Ok, before this place gets even more spoiler-heavy, just a random question that came to me now...

Why does Issei use his bicycle when he's on his shift in acquiring new contracts? We all know that he can't use the teleportation circle properly, but since he's a devil now why can't he just use his wings and fly?

I guess this is what makes some of the battles sort of strange. Maybe Kiba's speed doesn't include flight, but just imagine Koneko using flight more.

Hmmm. Anyway, perhaps I'm just thinking about this too much.
Simple reason, he hasn't learned how to yet. Even in his fight against raiser he wasn't flying, he was using the thrusters on his back to allow him to jump really high and change direction midair but he was still falling. Keep in mind (anime wise) he has only been a devil for what, about a month give or take.
dragonroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 22:06   Link #1811
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
Simple reason, he hasn't learned how to yet. Even in his fight against raiser he wasn't flying, he was using the thrusters on his back to allow him to jump really high and change direction midair but he was still falling. Keep in mind (anime wise) he has only been a devil for what, about a month give or take.
I do remember him using his wings during the Asia arc against Reynalle, though maybe that wasn't really full-on flight.

Still, I would've expected this as part of the basics of Devil 101 especially since Rias actually brought them all out for training prior to the Rating Game. It isn't magic or some sort of special power; rather it's like learning to walk or swim. One might say as an analogy, "well, not everyone can swim!" but considering they're all going to fight and encounter all sorts of dangerous situations anyway, I think that learning to use one's wings would be a basic priority.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:12   Link #1812
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
I want to remind anyone that our Spoiler Policy is very clear that you may not post any information about future novel content in the anime thread. People who persist in doing so may receive infractions and bans, so please don't do it.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:33   Link #1813
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 22
@relentlessflame sorry about that, i didn't think that would be considered a big spoiler since it doesn't do anything to the main portion of the story.
dragonroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 00:17   Link #1814
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
I think that a 2 season will come nicely. After that they must put more ecchi and less shounen like the dress breaker or issei pet – very serious subjects that issei mess up in a funny way.
lol you speak funny things. This is Ise we're talking about. He's pretty scary when it comes to women.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 01:57   Link #1815
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Well, following the anime was an enjoyable ride. I came for the PLOT and I got more than what I wanted. I didn't expect a decent lead like Issei, who is very honest about his desires, and is also a capable man when the situation calls for it. I was expecting a good for nothing and plain looking protagonist, who seems to attract females for no apparent reason, but I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Oh, it was also pleasant to see that another guy on the same side other than the protagonist is popular with women. Yuuto, I'm looking at you. The rest of the cast are very endearing too. It got me all pumped up after witnessing just how far Issei would go for Rias. Not to mention, he actually used his brain as well instead of just fighting his opponent without any tactics in mind.It was a short series which is a shame, and I can only hope for more in the future. I do hope it will become a reality soon enough. The last episode definitely made me crave for more.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:02   Link #1816
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Well, following the anime was an enjoyable ride. I came for the PLOT and I got more than what I wanted. I didn't expect a decent lead like Issei, who is very honest about his desires, and is also a capable man when the situation calls for it. I was expecting a good for nothing and plain looking protagonist, who seems to attract females for no apparent reason, but I'm glad that wasn't the case.
Infinite Stratos?



Haven't yet read the novel (which I might do now), in retrospect I think they did a fantastic job and find a good point to end the 1st season of the series. Consider all the crap that gets a season 2, this deserve one even more so.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:09   Link #1817
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Infinite Stratos?
Oh, don't get me started on that. XD

Still, this series was a big surprise for me. The final episode had a great impact which some series usually fails to deliver. I guess I let my guard down when I first saw the ending sequence thinking it'll be just another ecchi series #11111 or whatnot. Heh, I'm pleased with it nonetheless. The anime is already enjoyable, but from what I've heard, the novels are much better. Heh... I guess it's time to hit the books.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-03-25 at 03:17.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 02:58   Link #1818
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Infinite Stratos?
I watched IS for the lulz and a bit for the mecha. The MC there didn't have depth and has a weak personality like many harem anime. Most of the girls would easily fall for him for little to no apparent reasons.

At least with HS DxD Isse has a "personality flaw" if you could call it such. He's generally liked by the girls but they didn't instantly fall in love for him. Issei had to work for and earn the ladies's hearts. So far in the anime, its Rias and Asia. But knowing Issei he's destined for greater things and will eventually win Akeno, Koneko, and probably other girls's love in the future.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 03:14   Link #1819
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
This is Ise we're talking about. He's pretty scary when it comes to women.
Yea, his libido is almost as awesome as mine


Koneko <3
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 03:33   Link #1820
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
You know? I've always thought something was wrong when I was following the series. It's like its missing something "BIG" and when I realized what it was, the shock hit me like a truck.

I may have forgotten a few details, but for some reason, Issei didn't have a clingy jealous childhood friend in the show. Well, you know? There's no guarantee that he doesn't have one, but still. Doesn't that kind of creature usually shows up in the first half of episode 1 or maybe within 12 episodes at the latest?

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-03-25 at 03:59.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.