AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-01-02, 15:57   Link #1
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sidewalk
Kanzaki/Mai/Tate/Shiho and others

Ah...I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. Heh. I suppose this thread is for both the anime and manga so it doesn't really matter.

But this love square is probably the best love square of the year. Kanzaki dating Mai - who seemed so oblivious to the inner workings of a love triangle. Kanzaki too suspicious but always seemed sincere with Mai. All the while Tate is having his own love triangle but it looks like he's dropped dead fallen for Mai. Poor poor Shiho, who made Mai promised not to make Tate fall in love with her (although she wasn't aware of that either) but she did, whether it was unintentional.

Reito pissed off at episode 13.

Then in the manga we've got the (Shizuru?)/Natsuki/Tate/Mai/(Mikoto?) and many mores to come... Is Reito planning on adding himself?

What can I say? Haha, it's very juicy romance to me.

I still like Reito/Mai more than Tate/Mai, but since episode 13, Tate/Mai has been dangerously growing on me.

We obviously all know who'll get big boobs in the end. A possible Reito/Shiho perhaps?

...

Nah.

So which pairing do you guys like? The most interesting triangle? square?

I think hands down that a Shizuru/Natsuki would be the best.
Bronwen Stx is offline  
Old 2005-01-02, 22:59   Link #2
eMpTy265
<unranked>
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Ah...I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. Heh. I suppose this thread is for both the anime and manga so it doesn't really matter.

But this love square is probably the best love square of the year. Kanzaki dating Mai - who seemed so oblivious to the inner workings of a love triangle. Kanzaki too suspicious but always seemed sincere with Mai. All the while Tate is having his own love triangle but it looks like he's dropped dead fallen for Mai. Poor poor Shiho, who made Mai promised not to make Tate fall in love with her (although she wasn't aware of that either) but she did, whether it was unintentional.

Reito pissed off at episode 13.

Then in the manga we've got the (Shizuru?)/Natsuki/Tate/Mai/(Mikoto?) and many mores to come... Is Reito planning on adding himself?

What can I say? Haha, it's very juicy romance to me.

I still like Reito/Mai more than Tate/Mai, but since episode 13, Tate/Mai has been dangerously growing on me.

We obviously all know who'll get big boobs in the end. A possible Reito/Shiho perhaps?

...

Nah.

So which pairing do you guys like? The most interesting triangle? square?

I think hands down that a Shizuru/Natsuki would be the best.

In a way, the manga's relationships are completely different to the anime's, so it'd be hard to put them together.

For the manga, I don't really care, as long as Tate doesn't become the key for any more HiME's...

As for the anime, I'm hoping for a Tate vs. Reito, and also I'm hoping for NatsukiX'kendo guy'. (Gotta cheer the underdog on right?)
eMpTy265 is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 01:01   Link #3
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Dude, Mai will obviously falls for Tate at the end. Though I had to admit, I liked Reito >< Mai more, because Reito seems like the one who shows the purest affectionate towards her, rather than Tate.

But seriously, Reito will had a battle with Tate to win Mai's love, because Mai has already fallen for Tate right from the start.

and maybe then, Reito will become evil because he couldnt won her and will do anything to take her from Tate. The horror of a man's jealousy.

or maybe Reito will act like a gentlemen and let Mai go, thus that will made us like Reito even more. A gentleman's BADASSness.

Shiho? She's maybe in there just to make the "Mai's guilt feeling for Tate because she promised her".

Natsuki? She's maybe doomed with the Kendo guy.

About the manga, I still stand firm for Tate >< Natsuki, couldnt care less about Mai.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 01:23   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Mai and Tate- I think its cute ^-^Reito is like too "I'm all that" in some ways

Nasuki and Kendo guy- AHAHA its so funny ^-^
Leo_Otaku is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 04:00   Link #5
pookakitten
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 35
I'm leaning more towards Mai and Kanzaki, personally. When they are lost in the cave in episode 8, separated from Takumi and Tate, I found Kanzaki's asking Mai out to be very romantic. Not candlelight and roses romantic but his warm voice and gentle presence did it for me.

In episode 3 where Tate is taking Mai to see the director, he mentions that Kanzaki and Fujino are the school's most perfect couple in history. Then it was never brought up again. So were they a couple and are they still one?

For some reason, I suspect Fujino is pregnant. I think it's mostly when Haruka is insisting on mobilizing the student body to find the vampire, Fujino backs her up by saying she's also female. You can see her hand on her stomach, almost protectively. You see a similar mannerism in the next episode.

Samantha
pookakitten is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 04:57   Link #6
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten
For some reason, I suspect Fujino is pregnant. I think it's mostly when Haruka is insisting on mobilizing the student body to find the vampire, Fujino backs her up by saying she's also female. You can see her hand on her stomach, almost protectively. You see a similar mannerism in the next episode.

Oh yeah I remember that. I thought it was very strange, but it never occured to me that she might be pregnant! Wow, that would be if she was. Yeah, I wonder what's going on with Reito and Fujino.


(on another note, Kanzaki Reito hasn't appeared in the manga yet and I'm up to chapter 19...)
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 05:09   Link #7
Takemi_Ikazuchi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Alternate World
Kanzaki and Fujino are as much as a couple as Souma and Chikane from Kannaduki.

It's just a gossip among fellow students. The truth is far more amusing.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 07:38   Link #8
wao
OK.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Fields of High Attus
Age: 25
Which is sad because I personally thought Shizuru and Reito would make a good couple Maybe they're too similar or something.

Regarding that ep where she puts her hand over her abdomen, either she's pregnant, or she might have a HiME mark there or something. It'd be very interesting if she was pregnant...

Personally, I sitll like Mai and Tate all the way because they just seem so suited to each other and I'd like to see Tate happy cos he seems like just a nice guy all around (which is VERY rare, usually I hate the guys that take Tate's role, but somehow he's likeable...)

As for Kanzaki, I want him to be happy too because he is just sooo sexy (Toshihiko Seki... *melts*) and he really does seem nice... And why am I not rooting for Mai/Kanzaki, because I think Mai doesn't deserve Kanzaki I think Kanzaki should go with someone cool like Fujino!! OR even Natsuki, but Natsuki is a loner and should STAY a loner. (Though Fujino/Natsuki is also not bad. )

Ep 13 had the best evidence to show that Tate really isn't comfortable at all with Mai/Kanzaki. And Shiho is such a bloody annoying bitch I just feel like throwing her out, but sure she'll become a HiME and go whack stuff at Mai.
__________________
Thanks for the fish
wao is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 08:28   Link #9
Roots
外人、漫画訳者
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 32
Warning: Beware clicking my spoiler tags! There are some pretty big spoilers in there, so you've officially been warned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Regarding that ep where she puts her hand over her abdomen, either she's pregnant, or she might have a HiME mark there or something. It'd be very interesting if she was pregnant...

Spoiler for Chapter...11? Somewhere around there:


Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Personally, I sitll like Mai and Tate all the way because they just seem so suited to each other and I'd like to see Tate happy cos he seems like just a nice guy all around (which is VERY rare, usually I hate the guys that take Tate's role, but somehow he's likeable...)
I agree, Tate is a very likeable character and that's unusual for me as well. He's just a nice guy who will do things for others and isn't a complete weakling/puss/dork like most other male protaganists in this kind of story


Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
(Though Fujino/Natsuki is also not bad. )
Spoiler for Chapter 12:
__________________

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Roots is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 09:06   Link #10
Korb
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tigard, OR, USA
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
I don't think she's pregnant, so much as she was using her hand to emphasize the part about being a woman by gesturing at her internal plumbing. Now if she was making a habit of slowly rubbing her stomach in circles, as pregnant women tend to do, then I'd be leaning much more towards her being with child...no pun intended.

Kanzaki still seems too mysterious to be just a hot guy. I suspect his intentions towards Mai go much farther than just a high school romance thing. He's a little toooo cool to be your average cucumber.
Korb is offline  
Old 2005-01-03, 10:49   Link #11
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
There's no way around Tate-Mai. Sorry, that would totally shock me if THIS was going to happen. They have all indications of modern anime relationship theory going for her

Shizuru is as gay as it gets. Just look at her harem fighting over putting sunscreen on onee-sama. I hope that she'll continue to work on Natsuki ^_^ ... that would be just a WONDERFUL pairing continuing Natsuki's affinity for deeply embarrassing moments. Besides, Shizuru is clearly the girl Natsuki is closest to, and cooperating with the most.

Kendo guy has been reduced to a humorous sidekick in ep13. No chance for Natsuki, sorry.

Kanzaki - no matter what he was telling Mikoto earlier on, I still think he's ani-ue, or at least somehow linked to him.

And of course Yukino is _definitely_ romantically invoved with Haruka. This one will also be interesting to watch.
Mentar is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.