AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-03-25, 15:10   Link #5441
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
What are the "Full versions" of some music used in Anime openings? Kuusou Mesorogiwi (the first OST of Mirai Nikki) has a full version on Youtube and it sounds like it was made specially for the show itself, so where are these full versions of OSTs published? Because the anime OST itself is only around a minute long. In anime DVDs? Thanks.
The TV size of the songs are in fact made just for the show, and as the said CD single or bundle is common, in some cases the both OP/ED come the same single. In some more rarer cases, it will be in album related to the series or artist instead of a single.

CDjapan or such sites are where one would go to buy the CDs.
__________________
Nanami Aoyama - Sakurasou no Pet na KanojoAvatar By RRW &
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 18:18   Link #5442
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
Two questions...
1. What are IC Card stickers?
2. More or less a music history question (regarding the image below):
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Famitsu & Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed)
"Make sure you do a good job with your life's blueprint." - Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:46   Link #5443
solomon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Suburban DC
My turn,

I was watching a Foghorn Leghorn the other day, and was wondering, what accent IS Mel Blanc blasting there?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 22:14   Link #5444
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
My turn,

I was watching a Foghorn Leghorn the other day, and was wondering, what accent IS Mel Blanc blasting there?
He's emulating a known radio series character of the time (1930s) - Senator Claghorn, who was prone to such phrases as "sharp as a sack full of wet mice". It is mixed up a bit with another radio show character of the times - a hard-of-hearing southern sheriff.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:06   Link #5445
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
My netbook fell from the table just now, should I be worried?

I'm using it to type this right now, so it still works.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:14   Link #5446
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
You should have a heart attack every time you drop an electronic device

Anything without moving parts will usually tolerate a fall, especially with the newer 'gorilla glass' surfaces. Anything with a spinning disk is in peril - hope that the drive heads were retracted or that the force vector wasn't slamming the heads down on the disk. Every year the technology does get a little more impact tolerant though, nonetheless I get a squicky feel when a $500 phone goes clatter-thunk. If your netbook hasn't been backed up, soon would be a good time, just in case.
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:21   Link #5447
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You should have a heart attack every time you drop an electronic device

Anything without moving parts will usually tolerate a fall, especially with the newer 'gorilla glass' surfaces. Anything with a spinning disk is in peril - hope that the drive heads were retracted or that the force vector wasn't slamming the heads down on the disk. Every year the technology does get a little more impact tolerant though, nonetheless I get a squicky feel when a $500 phone goes clatter-thunk. If your netbook hasn't been backed up, soon would be a good time, just in case.
Oh my, I barely understood a thing.

Kids these days, I can't understand their fancy techy techno thingies.

I think I had it backed up when I first got it, would I have to do it again?
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:48   Link #5448
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Oh my, I barely understood a thing.

Kids these days, I can't understand their fancy techy techno thingies.

I think I had it backed up when I first got it, would I have to do it again?
Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age

You should back it up periodically if you store any documents, game-saves, web bookmarks, email addresses or the like on it. If *everything* you do is, say, using a Google app then you're probably safe because that's all stored on the Google Fortress deep in the core of the earth.

At the least you should regularly back up your username personal folder to some external location (flash drive, external drive, or file backup service (like Carbonite.com)
__________________
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 01:54   Link #5449
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age

You should back it up periodically if you store any documents, game-saves, web bookmarks, email addresses or the like on it. If *everything* you do is, say, using a Google app then you're probably safe because that's all stored on the Google Fortress deep in the core of the earth.

At the least you should regularly back up your username personal folder to some external location (flash drive, external drive, or file backup service (like Carbonite.com)
Right now I'm in the process of backing everything up to my external hard-drive.

Backing everything up because scouring the internet for all the software again would be the death of me.


It's a miracle I haven't had to do this ever since I got this netbook, if it suddenly crashed I'd only have a back-up of when I first got it--in other words, the default settings.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 05:38   Link #5450
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
At the least you should regularly back up your username personal folder to some external location (flash drive, external drive, or file backup service (like Carbonite.com)
Just a note of warning: I wouldn't recommend carbonite to anyone. The company is apparently haemorrhaging money and they recently had some major downtime (a no-no when you're talking about backups). Crashplan is a safer bet.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 06:01   Link #5451
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Oh my, I barely understood a thing.

Kids these days, I can't understand their fancy techy techno thingies.
Jeebus Crispies, man, I'm probably twice or three times your age.
Et tu Vexx?

It seems that this good forum has quite a thing against ageism. Old age doesn't exist here, especially if you use a loli for your avatar.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:45   Link #5452
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Et tu Vexx?

It seems that this good forum has quite a thing against ageism. Old age doesn't exist here, especially if you use a loli for your avatar.
One question I am going to risk asking : why do you older forum members like to put lolis as your avatar?

*runs*
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 07:47   Link #5453
Masuzu
サイアク、トキメキ、ヘンシン、コクハク
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: プールなんですよ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One question I am going to risk asking : why do you older forum members like to put lolis as your avatar?

*runs*
*looks at your avatar*

Like you're one to talk.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:17   Link #5454
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Anime forums. Is that enough of an answer? O:
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:23   Link #5455
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
I have been eating only tofu for the past 2 days, because I have to finish all the tofu stock in my fridge. Question is, will I pass out after another 2 days of tofu?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:38   Link #5456
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
When did you buy them? Are they in the fridge or freezer? (I hate dehydrated tofu :/) The tofu here (that comes in a giant metal can filled with water) don't last more than 5 days in the fridge. They last two decades in the freezer. They won't be any more edible than any frozen tofu.

Depends on how you eat it. If you eat with uncooked and unseasoned with your feet then yes you will pass out.

Are you eating for 2 days with or without sleep? (in case you happened to have 3 fridges all completely filled with tofu) That is also likely to make you pass out.

If you're eating two days of mapo tofu, you will be fine, and possibly manlier than most of the world population depending on how much peppercorn you put in them.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:44   Link #5457
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hahahahahahahahaha
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
When did you buy them? Are they in the fridge or freezer? (I hate dehydrated tofu :/)

Depends on how you eat it. If you eat with uncooked and unseasoned with your feet then yes.

Are you eating 2 days of tofu aka 48 hours of nonstop tofu? (because you happened to have 3 fridges all completely filled with tofy) That is also likely to make you pass out.

If you're eating two days of mapo tofu, you will be fine, and possibly manlier than most of the world population depending on how much peppercorn you put in them.
I bought them last week from a Chinese shop in Canterbury. I put them in the fridge. They were having massive sale, and I just happen to love tofu, so I bought all of it. Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.

I bought many types of tofu. Silken, brick, tub, firm...you choose

I put some soy sauce on top of it with fried onions. Sometimes I eat it just like that. If I am not lazy, I make soup out of it or deep fry it. I am running out of ideas, to be honest.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 09:55   Link #5458
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I bought them last week from a Chinese shop in Canterbury. I put them in the fridge. They were having massive sale, and I just happen to love tofu, so I bought all of it. Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.

I bought many types of tofu. Silken, brick, tub, firm...you choose

I put some soy sauce on top of it with fried onions. Sometimes I eat it just like that. If I am not lazy, I make soup out of it or deep fry it. I am running out of ideas, to be honest.
Mapo Tofu it is!

You should cook them instead of eating the cold soy sauce leek one (liang ban <3)

1 week is the max life span for sane tofu. (Though I think it's supposed to be like 1 and a half months, but that's including all the time it spends from the plant to your table. If the tofu is insane and born from a chinese supermarket with questionable hygiene, shelf time and open refrigeration, it's not good to eat it any more. I'm not certain but I believe tofu products get you severely sick when they spoil.

It should look white as snow. Unless it's frozen, then it turns yellow and spongey like and tastes like grandma.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:04   Link #5459
Domonkazu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Deutschland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Tofu is expensive in the UK. Problem is, I am used to eating it in my home country, so I can't survive without tofu.
yea it's also expensive here in Germany, funny thing it's dirt cheap in Indonesia, where I was born.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:09   Link #5460
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kitch-Water and T.O., Canada
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
How much is tofu there? In euros for a package of # blocks?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
problem, q&a, questions, serious

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.